Fat Bomb - Keto Custard Recipe and variations

Re: Fat Bomb Recipe?

I was wondering about a savory fb since even the stevia sweetness gives me the 'summer''signal to crave carbs....then I thought :rolleyes: duh! PATE is the savory fb with liver even :-[

mocachapeau said:
By the way, what is the name of the appliance you used to make it, and the mayo? I want to see if I can find something like it that's not too expensive.

Hi mocachapeau,

The name of the appliance is Thermomix but unfortunately it is quite pricey.

Re: Keto Custard - Experimental Variations/Recipes

Another one from Yas:

Yas said:
I think I've finally got it right for the No-eggs FatBomb

I used:

1kg of lard
2 cups of warm water
2 tablespoons of lecithin
2 tablespoons of xylitol
a bit of stevia to taste
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
1 lemon juice

I mixed everything with a blender.

It's absolutely delicious! And it's also perfectly emulsified, the texture is quite creamy, but I suppose it can be 'harder' with a bit of bone broth or gelatin powder.

Gandalf said:
Another one from Yas:

Yas said:
I think I've finally got it right for the No-eggs FatBomb

I used:

1kg of lard
2 cups of warm water
2 tablespoons of lecithin
2 tablespoons of xylitol
a bit of stevia to taste
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
1 lemon juice

I mixed everything with a blender.

It's absolutely delicious! And it's also perfectly emulsified, the texture is quite creamy, but I suppose it can be 'harder' with a bit of bone broth or gelatin powder.

Thanks Gandalf!

There's only one correction to be done: it would be 1/2 lemon juice, but the lemon was very juicy so I guess it depends on the lemon you are using.

If you want to try a ginger/spicecake version, you can put the clove (finely ground) in the yolks dish beforehand with a drop of water and then whisk the yolks in once the clove has fully absorbed the water. Presumably, the antioxidants in the ground clove will preserve nutrients in the yolk which ordinarily are oxidized after it is broken.

Hot water and oil mixed together and emulsified in a metal pan is a harsh environment for fats. Metals act as catalysts for the breakdown of fats, and water also chemically reacts with fats to cause them to break down over time into rancid fats and free radicals. Antioxidants extracted from Rosemary, Oregano and other plants are used to forestall the breakdown of fats in food frying and in industrial uses. So I think the best way to cook this custard would be to use a ceramic, stoneware, enameled or glass pot over a gentle heat source. I think a slow-cooker/Crock-Pot would be ideal; it works well for rendering fat in the same temperature range. It would also be a good idea to have a bit of antioxidants in the mixture before it is cooked. I haven't had a problem with whisking finely ground spices (containing antioxidants) into the oil/water mixture before it is emulsified.

Thank you guys for these recipes! It's sounds much tasty! :love:
I'll try to cook it when i found a coconut oil\milk. I doubt this could be find in my location...In this case it must be ordered on Iherb.
But i've a raw lard from a "healthy pig". Have you an advice how i could prepare lard better? there are many information in Internet, but may be you have some "tricks"?

Hmmmm. Thermomix= $1600 CAD

Yeah, that's a little pricey. Very handy machine though, and very good quality.

I think I'll look into a handheld immersion blender.

s-kur said:
I'll try to cook it when i found a coconut oil\milk. I doubt this could be find in my location...In this case it must be ordered on Iherb.
But i've a raw lard from a "healthy pig". Have you an advice how i could prepare lard better? there are many information in Internet, but may be you have some "tricks"?

Well, you can find coconut milk in large stores, in their "sushi ingredients" section. At least this is how it is here. I bought some before but haven't used it yet, since couldn't find xylitol or erythritol, and sorbitol (the only sugar replacement that could find) causes slight gastrointestinal unrest, at least for me. So I thought about postponing the experiment until I'll find some xylitol or erythritol.

But notice that now the new version of the fat bomb is without coconut milk! Or as Laura says:

Laura said:
Notice that our current variation is without butter and without coconut milk, just water, lard, egg yolks, gelatin, flavorings and xylitol or erythritol. It's stripped down for all those who can't tolerate the coconut milk or butter, and still just as delicious if the ingredients are handled properly. Cooking is alchemy.

And here's the recipe, but notice that you'd probably need to adjust the quantities, since this is supposed to be for many people!

As for lard, when you say "raw lard" do you mean "salo"? If so, perhaps instead of trying to prepare it, maybe first look in the stores (especially meat stores that belong to the meat factories - мясокомбинаты) for pig fat - свинной жир. At least here they sell it for really cheap and its consistency is just right. There is also no smell or anything. It is used for cooking or frying. Also look in large supermarkets near the butter section. Another place where you can buy it is local market. Just ask around. Hope it helps!

Oh, and if you have an unsalted salo, even without the meaty part, here's an awesome recipe for it:
_http://lookaround.by/kukhnya/zakuski/643-domashnee-salo.html

Keit said:
s-kur said:

Well, you can find coconut milk in large stores, in their "sushi ingredients" section. At least this is how it is here. I bought some before but haven't used it yet, since couldn't find xylitol or erythritol, and sorbitol (the only sugar replacement that could find) causes slight gastrointestinal unrest, at least for me. So I thought about postponing the experiment until I'll find some xylitol or erythritol.

But notice that now the new version of the fat bomb is without coconut milk! Or as Laura says:

Laura said:
Notice that our current variation is without butter and without coconut milk, just water, lard, egg yolks, gelatin, flavorings and xylitol or erythritol. It's stripped down for all those who can't tolerate the coconut milk or butter, and still just as delicious if the ingredients are handled properly. Cooking is alchemy.

Yeah, i see that topic. I think it's possible try both options. On the weekend i'll go to stores, have some ideas where i could find it...
Sometemies i've some effects of xylitol on me, i mean gastrointestinal unrest, but may bay we're talking about different effects)

And here's the recipe, but notice that you'd probably need to adjust the quantities, since this is supposed to be for many people!

How fat bomb is long stored? A big quantities it's good for me, in terms of saving time during the day.

As for lard, when you say "raw lard" do you mean "salo"? If so, perhaps instead of trying to prepare it, maybe first look in the stores (especially meat stores that belong to the meat factories - мясокомбинаты) for pig fat - свинной жир. At least here they sell it for really cheap and its consistency is just right. There is also no smell or anything. It is used for cooking or frying. Also look in large supermarkets near the butter section. Another place where you can buy it is local market. Just ask around. Hope it helps!

Yes, i mean directly "salo". "Salo" and lard a different things? :huh: i'll look it, check stores, but to prepare salted "salo" and lard is also good idea for me, i like to cook and experiments.
The woman from local pig farm says that she could sell me fresh meat\"salo" for ~9$\kg , it is a very good price here. Really economy on food, as Laura says :lol:

Oh, and if you have an unsalted salo, even without the meaty part, here's an awesome recipe for it:
_http://lookaround.by/kukhnya/zakuski/643-domashnee-salo.html

My colleague advised me almost same recipe, but he told to make superficial cuts in "salo". And he uses garlic together with spices, its very tasty, especially in the frozen look!

Thank you, Keit!

Just an idea for anybody who have ingredients-prepare custard with brown rice protein? It's provides extensive array of naturally amino acids...
Super nutrition in couple of spoons :bacon:

s-kur said:
How fat bomb is long stored? A big quantities it's good for me, in terms of saving time during the day.

Refrigerator, or/and a freezer.

s-kur said:
Yes, i mean directly "salo". "Salo" and lard a different things? :huh: i'll look it, check stores, but to prepare salted "salo" and lard is also good idea for me, i like to cook and experiments.

Yeah, lard is a rendered pig fat, while salo is a chunk of pig fat. Here's lard:

Lechenie-svinyim-zhirom.-.jpg

and that's salo: :)

9335692.jpg

Lard is used for cooking, and is usually sold in 0,5kg or 1kg packages, at least here. Look for pig fat (свиной жир) or Schmalz (смалец).

s-kur said:
My colleague advised me almost same recipe, but he told to make superficial cuts in "salo". And he uses garlic together with spices, its very tasty, especially in the frozen look!

Totally agree!

s-kur said:
Just an idea for anybody who have ingredients-prepare custard with brown rice protein? It's provides extensive array of naturally amino acids...

Rice is a big no no, because it contains gluten.

Keit said:
Yeah, lard is a rendered pig fat, while salo is a chunk of pig fat. Here's lard:

Lechenie-svinyim-zhirom.-.jpg

and that's salo: :)

9335692.jpg

Lard is used for cooking, and is usually sold in 0,5kg or 1kg packages, at least here. Look for pig fat (свиной жир) or Schmalz (смалец).

hmm..in essence this one and too, but different states. I'll be attentive for searching :D

Keit said:
s-kur said:

Rice is a big no no, because it contains gluten.

I know, but may be this is another case?

Excuse me, if this is an offtop :/

Attachments

• IMG_0331.JPG
    IMG_0331.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 393

s-kur said:
I know, but may be this is another case?

Well, unfortunately, brown rice does contain gluten. This is what our resident doctor said about it:

Gaby said:
If you are having cereal and rice, you are still having gluten. Eliminate those and add other carbs like buckwheat, quinoa, amaranth or wild rice. These last are pseudo-cereals, hence they don't contain gluten.

But, the following quote is from 2010, and since then we discovered that any cereals, even pseudo-cereals cause damage, and better to limit or exclude them completely.

At the moment I can't find the article where it says about gluten in rice, maybe someone else can. fwiw.

Keit said:
Well, unfortunately, brown rice does contain gluten. This is what our resident doctor said about it:

Gaby said:
If you are having cereal and rice, you are still having gluten. Eliminate those and add other carbs like buckwheat, quinoa, amaranth or wild rice. These last are pseudo-cereals, hence they don't contain gluten.

But, the following quote is from 2010, and since then we discovered that any cereals, even pseudo-cereals cause damage, and better to limit or exclude them completely.

At the moment I can't find the article where it says about gluten in rice, maybe someone else can. fwiw.

I'll try to find article later

Laura said:
I've also learned the super benefits of Brown Rice Protein powder and buckwheat.

Okey, relative it, at the moment we have new researches with updated data. The bank should throw out :cool2:

Back
Top Bottom