Fat Bomb - Keto Custard Recipe and variations

Laura said:
Anyway, some way back on this thread somebody, I think it was Yaz, talked about using lecithin in the Fat Bomb instead of egg yolks. At the time I thought: Why? All the goodness in the egg yolks is missed that way.

Yes, I was hoping I could avoid lecithin actually... I was saying that I seem to be intolerant to egg yolks as well... I tried eating only egg yolks 2 times, and both times it was OK just one day, but after I ate the second day I started feeling tired and having mild body pain. So, I was hoping I could do my Fat Bomb without lecithin, but finally I bought that non-GMO lecithin someone suggested and used it...

I suppose that I'll be tolerant to egg yolks soon, I probably just need to adjust some things now in order to be less allergic to everything. I'm working on that. :)

Yas said:
Laura said:
Anyway, some way back on this thread somebody, I think it was Yaz, talked about using lecithin in the Fat Bomb instead of egg yolks. At the time I thought: Why? All the goodness in the egg yolks is missed that way.

Yes, I was hoping I could avoid lecithin actually... I was saying that I seem to be intolerant to egg yolks as well... I tried eating only egg yolks 2 times, and both times it was OK just one day, but after I ate the second day I started feeling tired and having mild body pain. So, I was hoping I could do my Fat Bomb without lecithin, but finally I bought that non-GMO lecithin someone suggested and used it...

I suppose that I'll be tolerant to egg yolks soon, I probably just need to adjust some things now in order to be less allergic to everything. I'm working on that. :)

Like me, I guess. I had to go a long time without eggs. Now I can eat a whole one once in awhile, but it bothers me. I get pains and brainfog. But after awhile, the egg yolks seem to be fine. The trick is to clean them really well when you are separating them. At least, after you get to where you can tolerate them at all. They really are rich in things we need.

Laura said:
Yas said:
Laura said:

Like me, I guess. I had to go a long time without eggs. Now I can eat a whole one once in awhile, but it bothers me. I get pains and brainfog. But after awhile, the egg yolks seem to be fine. The trick is to clean them really well when you are separating them. At least, after you get to where you can tolerate them at all. They really are rich in things we need.

Yeah! and they're delicious too. :rolleyes:

I've just made some blood tests that revealed high ferritin levels, so I guess I have to lower that first. I'll post about it in the Hemochromatosis thread.

Thanks for the recipes.

:O 24 eggs seems a little expensive in my country, though the 8 eggs one seems a better option to me. I will try it totally.

Prometeo said:
Thanks for the recipes.

:O 24 eggs seems a little expensive in my country, though the 8 eggs one seems a better option to me. I will try it totally.

Yeah, but I've always halved the recipe using 12 eggs. I get 10 servings and eat two a day so it lasts for 5 days. The full recipe is for when you have a chateau to feed. ;)

3D Student said:
Prometeo said:
Thanks for the recipes.

Yeah, but I've always halved the recipe using 12 eggs. I get 10 servings and eat two a day so it lasts for 5 days. The full recipe is for when you have a chateau to feed. ;)

Yes. Notice the amount we are making. Just halve or quarter the recipe for smaller amounts. You shouldn't eat more than half a cup a day.

Laura said:
[You shouldn't eat more than half a cup a day.

I've been having way more than that, a little under 1.5 cups, though I have a day or two break from after three days (the duration of my batch). Gonna try halving what I have now per day with one day's break per week, and see how that goes.

I've been having 1.5-2 cups for lunch at work. But I did want to gain some weight, which I did.

hlat said:
I've been having 1.5-2 cups for lunch at work. But I did want to gain some weight, which I did.

Excellent! Ark has more than half a cup a day, too, because he had lost too much weight. But for the person who just wants to maintain, about half a cup is right with variations for ideal weight.

Laura said:
hlat said:

Excellent! Ark has more than half a cup a day, too, because he had lost too much weight. But for the person who just wants to maintain, about half a cup is right with variations for ideal weight.

It's mean that if i take ~200-300 g. day it will cause increase weight? I ask because i've lost much weight with ketogenik, and now it's very low (i haven't this aim :D). I try eating 3-4 times daily (fried eggs+butter in the morning, meat\offer\custard in the dinner, mid-dinner snack"salo" and great supper with eggs\meat+butter) and nothing changes in my weight :(

We have adjusted the amount of fat so that each serving contains roughly 130-140g of fat ( keeping the same ration for egg:water:fat ) which seems to be much more satisfying for myself although seems to be a bit too much for my significant other - especially when eaten alongside a meal.
s-kur said:
It's mean that if i take ~200-300 g. day it will cause increase weight? I ask because i've lost much weight with ketogenik, and now it's very low (i haven't this aim :D). I try eating 3-4 times daily (fried eggs+butter in the morning, meat\offer\custard in the dinner, mid-dinner snack"salo" and great supper with eggs\meat+butter) and nothing changes in my weight :(
Since transitioning to ketosis I have been experiencing the same, so I have been considering having an extra portion in hopes that I may end up putting on some weight as well. Even when upping my fat intake to about 200-250g I still don't seem to be putting any on...

How well are you sleeping s-kur?

One thing I have thought is that because we work nights and have had trouble getting a FULL 8-9 hours of non-disturbed sleep everyday ( we have tried our best to black out the windows but still there is some light that gets in) perhaps this is affecting fat metabolism and the ability to gain weight? I remember reading a few articles on SOTT about how disturbed sleep can reduce fat metabolism by (I think) 80%!! :scared:

Keyhole said:
How well are you sleeping s-kur?

One thing I have thought is that because we work nights and have had trouble getting a FULL 8-9 hours of non-disturbed sleep everyday ( we have tried our best to black out the windows but still there is some light that gets in) perhaps this is affecting fat metabolism and the ability to gain weight? I remember reading a few articles on SOTT about how disturbed sleep can reduce fat metabolism by (I think) 80%!! :scared:

Well, I'm still working on my sleep and trying to get around 00:00 (+ 1-2 hours if it's needed), sometimes i'm take a 3 mg of melatonin , wake up at 8:00 but this bad & stupid habit to lie in bed about one hour with periodical sleeping....sometimes it's break me and causes brainfog for 4 hours.
Turn off all lights in the room, but road is near of my house and somteimes i hear some noise, but it disturbs me only when I fall asleep. I don't wake up at night even for a toilet...So, i don't think sleeping is a problem with metabolism in my case :huh:

s-kur said:
Laura said:
hlat said:

A case similar to mine. I hope it's not because of a illness, but I don't think so. May be due to electromagnetic fields nearby. There are antennas and telephone posts very near to where I'm living.

Thank you Laura for the recipe, and to all who contributed to this thread! I've made my first Fat Bomb today (the coconut one), and the outcome was really nice - it was thick, creamy and very vanilla (I used vanilla stick instead of vanilla extract). Not to mention, really filling. I'm going to experiment with different flavors with the next batch.

Ever since I started keto diet I've been systematically losing weight, and for me this is very desirable outcome, so... I understand half a cup is more than enough for a person like me? Because I do not want to gain what I've already lost. Plus, half a cup leaves me very full and sated. I did a 2 servings batch today, but I've eaten only half of one of them.

s-kur said:

Oops :) I recieved the answer for my question! yes, it's increase your weight.Two months later after my last weighing such diet increase my weight on 5-6 kg.

Back
Top Bottom