Fire at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris

She was inside the cathedral :
New York Times reported about this "sudden closing" but I could not find anything else on it. Highly suspicious. What is missing with this incident is the time the ladies were told to leave. Though we do have from the media that the fire started "after the church was closed and all workers left",or something to that effect.

Yes, this "event" is very suspicious. I was thinking back today about how I usually start a fire in the fireplace in the winter. Anyone who has experience will know that if not done right the best wood will not ignite. You first use kindle wood plus paper to start a good fire and only then do you add bigger logs. Now try to ignite planks of oak wood used to make the huge ND cathedral roof and the spire. So sparks, smoldering, rotten wood, etc excuses will simply not do. Added to this that NO ONE was working there makes all of this even more interesting.

The metal scaffolding sure made it easy to access the roof for anyone needing access without being seen. Plus (as I would expect) ND does have fire and overall security system in place. Hence, the answers as to what was going on around ND are in the real logs of their security system and not the ones they release to the Public.

The "winking" priest with round glasses (4:35 min) in this news conference makes me wonder why would he be smiling and winking at Macron at a time like this. Guess it must be a "Job well done" signal.
-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWWVD-hZ9h0

Buildings do NOT collapse like a deck of cards at free fall speed when on fire.
Three building collapsing into their foot-pad in one day is a virtual impossibility.

ND was set on fire with some "starter" like you need to do in a fireplace. To convince yourself go to a nice quite enclosed place and try starting a fire (with sparks, a lighter, you chose) using arm size maple (or lighter wood) wood pieces and nothing else. Good luck.

The start of fire

Did any of you feel the changes in energy? Around 6pm I started feeling very tired and had to take a nap for an hour (very unusual to have naps for me...specially that late...)
Same here. We were having dinner in the kitchen, then I suddenly felt very tired. I remember exclaiming "Oh my God", then someone asked "what?", but I didn't finish the sentence.

This "Oh my God" came from I don't know where and, although it usually introduces a full sentence, it didn't lead to anything. It was quite peculiar because it was the first time this kind of out the blue isolated interjection happened to me.

Can't believe such spontaneous reactions to such an event. It illustrates well how people will reveal themselves in times of chaos.
Leo Roskin: 'It is the weak who are cruel. Gentleness can only be expected from the strong.'
We really live in a different world at that stage. I mean, you could expect people to be agents on the base of visceral fear of death or torture, for example. But to express a real delight for destruction and harm is another thing. Mindless dangerous nutjobs.

Hello Laura.

These muslims reactions are striking (even if I'm not a Christian).

Since yesterday, I've kept thinking of a song.

In 1998, there was in France (& Quebec) a musical, titled "Notre-Dame de Paris", based upon the famous Victor Hugo's novel, which was a big popular success.

Here is one of the first song from this musical, in French (Le temps des cathédrales) :
Same translated in English (The age of the cathedrals) :

And while the the refrain of this song is (French and then English)...
Il est venu le temps des cathédrales
Le monde est entré
Dans un nouveau millénaire
L'homme a voulu monter vers les étoiles
Écrire son histoire
Dans le verre ou dans la pierre

From nowhere came the age of the cathedrals.
The old world began.
A new unknown thousand years.
For man just has to climb up where the stars are.
And live beyond life.
Live in glass and live in stone.

...the end of the song is :
Il est foutu le temps des cathédrales
La foule des barbares

Est aux portes de la ville
Laissez entrer ces païens, ces vandales
La fin de ce monde
Est prévue pour l'an deux mille
Est prévue pour l'an deux mille

But it is doomed the age of the cathedrals.
Barbarians wait.
At the gates of Paris fair.
Oh let them in, these pagans and these vandals.
A wise man once said.

In two thousand, this world ends.
In two thousand, this world ends.
(Source in French and in English)
The original French version (prévue means foreseen) helps to understand that the "wise" man of the English translation is in fact a seer, like, say, Nostradamus (Michel of Notre-Dame).

Well, indeed we had let enter in the "city" the barbarians... but I'm not talking about the common muslims people, blinded by their faith (as were Christians in other centuries), but rather the psychopaths, well represented by Mr. president M...

Last edited:
April 17, 2019 - How One Man's deleted Tweet launched a Worldwide Notre Dame Conspiracy Theory
How One Man’s Deleted Tweet Launched a Worldwide Notre Dame Conspiracy Theory
By William.Sommer@thedailybeast.com (Will Sommer),
As politician Christopher J. Hale watched the Notre Dame cathedral burn on Monday from Washington, D.C., he heard from a Jesuit friend in Europe who claimed that the blaze had been deliberately set.

Hale, who ran unsuccessfully for Congress as a Democrat in Tennessee last year and writes opinion columns for Time Magazine, tweeted his friend’s claim to his few thousand followers.

"A Jesuit friend in Paris who works in #NotreDame told me cathedral staff said the fire was intentionally set,” Hale wrote.

Hale quickly tweeted that his friend had “zero evidence” for the claim beyond a purported conversation with cathedral staff, and he deleted the original tweet minutes later.

But it only took those few minutes for his tweet to become a core piece of proof for right-wing conspiracy theorists who are convinced, without any actual evidence, that the fire was set by terrorists. With one tweet, Hale became sucked into a right-wing media machine eager to both rile up its audience and earn more traffic on social media.

“In retrospect, I absolutely never should have tweeted it in the first place,” Hale told The Daily Beast on Tuesday. “I don’t think I had the foresight about how much the worst parts of the internet will grasp for straws in their conspiracy theories.”

Before he deleted the post, Hale’s post caught the eye of Jack Posobiec, a former promoter of the Pizzagate conspiracy theory who now works as a reporter at pro-Trump cable channel One America News. Posobiec highlighted Hale’s claim that the fire had been deliberate to his own followers, which number more than 450,000.

Suddenly, Hale saw Twitter users across the world citing his tweet as proof that fire was committed by terrorists.

“I almost immediately said I was deleting the tweet,” Hale told The Daily Beast. “It was clear to me, though, that any record of the tweet was going to be weaponized very quickly.”

Hale’s tweet has become one of the most cited pieces of evidence for Notre Dame conspiracy theorists, even after French investigators said Tuesday that they found no evidence of arson and even though Hale was thousands of miles away from the fire when he sent his tweet.

Screenshots of Hale’s deleted tweet spread across Twitter. InfoWars wrote an entire article based on Hale’s tweet, citing it a headline as proof that the fire was “deliberately set.”

Far-right activist Pamela Geller highlighted Hale’s tweet on her blog in a post entitled “Notre Dame Cathedral Inferno “Intentionally Set.’” Geller’s post spread on social media, earning hundreds of retweets on her Twitter account alone. Other right-wing blogs, including The American Mirror and talk radio host Michael Savage’s site, also picked up and portrayed Hale’s unintentional error as fact.

“The tweet itself did not mention Islam whatsoever,” Hale said. “But immediately it was right-wing provocateurs, Islamophobes, who used it.”

A day later, Hale’s Twitter interactions are filled with people who see the deletion of his tweet as proof of a cover-up.

Should I use the Obama, ‘It’s a teachable moment?’” Hale said. “The big thing I would say is the weaponization of Twitter has evolved in such a way that no errant word, particularly in the midst of a crisis, is warranted.”

A graphic which shows how the fire spread through Notre Dame. (PA)

Priest 'rushed into Notre Dame' to save Crown of Thorns from raging inferno

Shep Smith Shuts Down Guest Who Suggests Notre Dame Fire Might Not Be Accidental
Shep Smith Shuts Down Guest Who Suggests Notre Dame Fire Might Not Be Accidental
Shep Smith Shuts Down Guest Who Suggests Notre Dame Fire Might Not Be Accidental (Video)

A Fox News on-air interview about the Notre Dame fire in Paris was abruptly shut down after a French guest suggested — without any proof — that the fire consuming the famed cathedral may not have been the result of an accident.

On Monday, Philippe Karsenty, a former French right-wing political candidate, suggested to Shep Smith that the church fire may have been set by possible terrorists, a theory that had already been floated by InfoWars soon after the fire began.

“It’s like a 9/11, it’s a French 9/11, you know? And it’s a big shock,” Karsenty told Smith, adding, “we’ve had churches desecrated each and every week all over France.” Karsenty then went on to say that “of course, you will hear the story of the political correctness which will tell you it’s probably an accident.”

'There Is No Invasion'“ Sir, we’re not going to speculate here of the cause of something which we don’t know,” Smith quickly interjected. “If you have observations or you know something, we would love to hear it.”

Karsenty explained: “I’m just telling you something, what we need to be ready,” but Smith shut him down a second time before cutting him from the segment entirely.

“No, sir, we’re not doing that here, not now, not on my watch,” Smith said.

“The man on the phone with us has absolutely no information of any kind about the origin of this fire and neither do I.”

“The fire investigators will at some point come to a determination about what caused this and conspiracy theories about anything are worthless and in many cases counterproductive and injurious to society,”

Smith added. “And those who entertain them are not acting in the best interests of the people of this planet.”

Karsenty, a French media analyst, was convicted in 2013 of defamation after he accused a state television network of staging a video of a young boy being killed during a fight between Palestinian gunmen and Israeli soldiers.

You can watch the full exchange in the video below. (at the Wrap link above).

~~~

Stefan Roth‏ @dasroth
Another one that is sad about the fire in notre dame #notredamefire #notredame pic.twitter.com/UqNwaudgjQ
D4V8MwHXkAAREnh.jpg

pic.twitter.com/hCfGO8c9yd
D4VCri5W0AAlzH5.jpg

All happened in April :-

Titanic sinking killed 1503 people. It was most likely insurance fraud that the British Government help cover up.... They needed the White Star Line to provide troop ships for when they went to war.

I suppose the PTB will pass this burden, to all of France with some extra, for other projects.

4-5 minutes
After Notre Dame’s disastrous fire Monday, one big question was what sort of insurance policy could possibly be a backstop to help rebuild the 856-year-old world landmark filled with invaluable rarities?

The answer: None.

The vaunted cathedral has no insurance, a spokesman for the French Consulate in New York City told MarketWatch.

France owns Notre Dame, just like it owns all religious buildings erected before 1905, he said.

“The French State is self-insured for Notre Dame. It has no insurance. It is supposed to cover its own costs,” spokesman Paul Gadel said.

He noted the French State “is charged with maintenance and renovation of those buildings, which it lends to the Church for free.”

While France might be technically on the hook, it’s hardly the case that the country will have to drum up funds alone.

French banks and billionaires have pledged massive sums for the rebuilding effort. And online, hundreds of GoFundMe campaigns have also sprouted to raise money, a GoFundMe spokesman said. As of Tuesday afternoon, some $790 million had been pledged, the Wall Street Journal reported. The repair costs have been estimated to be somewhere in the range of $8 billion, according to Reuters.

President Emmanuel Macron has vowed to rebuild Notre Dame’s damaged portions within five years.

Robert Read, head of art and private client at the insurer Hiscox, said he’d expect that the country would cover its own costs at Notre Dame. “Buildings of this sort of cultural importance are often covered by the state.”

“The French state is huge, bigger than any insurer, so they are likely to self-insure not only the building but also the important artifacts it contained,” Read said. However that’s not the case for any pieces in the church that were on loan from elsewhere, he said. Those items would be insured by their owners, Read said.

He said the contractors working at the church would be insured themselves, having liability policies.

“Typically that would provide cover to them with a limit somewhere in the 10s of millions of euros. But, if they are found to be liable, that is going to be a drop in the ocean compared to what the actual cost of restoring the cathedral is,” Read said.

He estimated it could be up to 20 years to bring the church to its former glory.

“But if there is a silver lining to an otherwise very dark cloud, the building will be reborn through all of these efforts and I think we will see something very special rise from the ashes.”

Published 6:43 AM EDT Apr 17, 2019
Mid snip: 10-13 minutes
The estimated cost to completely repair the iconic 850-year-old church will reach between $1.13 billion and $2.3 billion, according to Stephane Bern, who heads heritage renovation programs across France.

Bern said about $995 million has been raised in just a day and a half from French business leaders and ordinary worshippers at home and from abroad. The French government is gathering donations and is in the process of setting up a special office to deal with them.

Published on Mar 20, 2018 / 4:05
A foundation in France hopes Americans will donate money to help save the Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris.
It's home to some of Catholicism's most important relics.
Conservationists say the building is in desperate need of repair. Roxana Saberi reports.

Did any of you feel the changes in energy? Around 6pm I started feeling very tired and had to take a nap for an hour (very unusual to have naps for me...specially that late...)
These last 2,3 days I am feeling very, very tired. I sleep well but oh my, I feel tired during the day. This month with all these macabre situations makes us tired, I am sure! Is like: enough please! but no. It is just the beginning.:-/

Back
Top Bottom