Fires around the world

We have been receiving a push of smoke and ash across the Strait from Washington for the past three days. Yesterday was the heaviest amount in the air, and there was a strong smell of smoke.
This photo was taken yesterday morning, at sunrise, PST 7am.
1599682785718.png
An interesting(and funny) incident happened and I kinda suspect it might have been a "Natural response" to the Danger trigger from the smoke in the air.
My son was in his workroom with the door open to our yard, and a small little Deer Mouse ran in.
Looks pretty Scary, right?! :-D
1599682560476.png
He is no stranger to wildlife, and he gets a few "critter visitors"while he is working.
The squirrels peek in, there are numerous songbirds that hop in a couple steps and give him the eye, especially when the feeders are empty.
Hummingbirds often hoover just inside the door, trying to pick a fight with him (they are VERY territorial), and he once had a Mama Raccoon bring her 3 babies in, explore the workroom, then, they all napped for 2 hours!
He just sat there and worked on his copper....

So, when the little mouse ran in, my son stood up from his work bench, and told it firmly to get out, and go away.
Made that universal "shooing" hand wave, and the little mouse DID turn to go.
He said it ran out the door, but then, did a little circle, and as fast as it could, ran right back into the workroom, chirping, squeaking, and panicky!

Then, that little mouse ran straight at my son, and scurried up his pant leg and was hanging onto his shirt!
I am laughing as I type this, my son is 6'3" around 250 pounds, and he told me he suddenly knew how to do Zumba!
He said he did a whole Zumba Session in 45 seconds....:lol::lol:🤪
His cousin set him this video, and my son said "I may, or may not have made a few of those noises":lol:

On a sciency serious side, mice, especially little Deer Mice, who tend to live in buildings, have a genetically programmed species fear of SMOKE and fire.
I just wonder if that little guy was just scared out of his wits because of the heavy smoke in the air?

Note: *The little mouse DID leave, on it's own, absolutely unharmed. The spontaneous "Zumba" was apparently scarier that the smoke smell......

That must be terribly stressful. Stay safe, Cleo and keep us posted if you can. :hug2:

Thanks Mariama. Woke up this morning to find out that a 3-5 acre fire broke out either late last night or early this morning up the hill from where I live:shock: Thankfully it was extinguished early this morning before it could spread further.

The wildfire that has us under a Level 1 evacuation notice has grown now to about 72,000 acres. Family that live up to 20 miles North of me are at Level 2 due to this same fire. Found out where some of them plan to evacuate to and have been speaking with other family who live closer to me about where we plan to go, if it comes to that.

Stay safe Cleo. Seems the whole West Coast is on fire. Which at times seems to parallel our "leader's" actions.

Yeah..just read today on the Coronavirus thread that Gov. Brown extended the Covid state of emergency order to Nov. 3rd:rolleyes:

Stay safe out there as well, cholas!

Fire anomalies and apocalyptic behavior.

Hot, dry weather to continue Thursday, increasing Washington wildfire danger
Sep 10, 2020

“Like Another World”: Orange-Red, Smoke-Choked Skies Stun Bay Area Residents
Sep 10, 2020 San Francisco Chronicle

Valley Fire Day 6 | 17,665 acres, 32% containment
California Statewide Fire Summary September 10, 2020
Cal Fire (List of current fire's in the state)
Top 20 Wildfire Records
6 of the Top 20 largest wildfires in California History have occurred in 2020.
Largest Wildfires - #1 August Complex, #3 SCU Lightning Complex, #4 LNU Lightning Complex, #9 Elkhorn Fire, #10 North Complex, and #17 Creek Fire.
Most Destructive - #9 LNU Lightning Complex and #10 CZU August Lightning Complex
Deadliest Wildfires - #19 LNU Lightning Complex

#CameronPeakFire Boulder CO.
Sep 7, 2020

Earlier this afternoon a Level 1 Be Ready evacuation notice was issued for the county in Oregon I live in due to the wildfires. Have a ‘go bag’ in the car but getting other stuff together as well. Definitely smoky here since late last night...nearest fire is 20 or so miles away.

An article about the wildfires here in Oregon:

Thanks
Yes- up until this morning our sky looked like that- now just very smoky. We are also under a level 1 evacuation notice so watching closely. Seems very interesting that they have just told all fire fighters in my area to disengage when so many homes and people are in harm's way. Beginning to wonder if these fires might have been intentional and if there is a more nefarious plan underway? Hope I am just bring paranoid but have a bad feeling about all of this.

Thanks

Yes- up until this morning our sky looked like that- now just very smoky. We are also under a level 1 evacuation notice so watching closely. Seems very interesting that they have just told all fire fighters in my area to disengage when so many homes and people are in harm's way. Beginning to wonder if these fires might have been intentional and if there is a more nefarious plan underway? Hope I am just bring paranoid but have a bad feeling about all of this.
When rereading my post it sounded a little cryptic - will post a link:

Also, I found the comments by the Governor to be a little odd - this was Tuesday and the fires had just started, so wouldn't it seem too soon to determine that these fires are a "once in a generation event?" - unless she knows more about this than she is letting on

I'm so sorry to hear of all these fires in Oregon, its alarming! Take care! Woodsman just posted this video on the Antifa thread. It's about speculation arsonists with antifa starting a lot of the fires. Some have been caught, others have been seen in the distance. The fires along the interstate, hwy 5 all begin close to the same time. A police officer said the fires all start close to the hwy as though someone threw the excelerant from a moving car. Looks compelling.

I'm so sorry to hear of all these fires in Oregon, its alarming! Take care! Woodsman just posted this video on the Antifa thread. It's about speculation arsonists with antifa starting a lot of the fires. Some have been caught, others have been seen in the distance. The fires along the interstate, hwy 5 all begin close to the same time. A police officer said the fires all start close to the hwy as though someone threw the excelerant from a moving car. Looks compelling.

Thanks SummerLite - I'll take a look :-)

This was shared by a colleague of the Bay Area set to the Blade Runner soundtrack.

Certainly surreal, even a bit bizarre. Especially some people’s glee for it. It smells like tail pipes (car exhaust) and candles outside with lingering headache.

Also, found out a relative in Oregon lost their home to the fire only moving in after two weeks.😞

Re:
CONCERNING THE FIRES IN CALIFORNIA
Energy beam detected being directed toward fires:

@Zzartemis Yikes! Where did you find those videos? I didn’t see a link. Interested in learning more. Thanks!

I'm still picking my jaw up off the floor. I'm simultaneously furious and wanting to laugh. It's amazing how these people find new lows to sink to, as if their souls are made of running water which do nothing but sink into deeper and deeper gorges and abysses.

I found this article about an hour ago - this would not surprise me at all if these fires were planned. Every day now I read what is happening all around me and wonder just how far these people (BLM, Antifa, Democrats, and anyone else trying to wreak havoc) will go?

Back
Top Bottom