And may our song touch upon,

All those who wish for freedom.

In faith we serve, in work preserve,

The almighty holy kingdom.

When left is right and up is down,

When fight or flight comes to drown,

The reason and logic in anything at all,

United we stand, divided we fall.

I rewrote the parts between what would be deemed the chorus. Think the new version is a bit better.
Okay, I’ve already created a melody for verse and chorus based on your first version and @Seppo Ilmarinen with his amazing skills is about to start creating the backing track for me to sing the vocal part. But we’ll see if the new version of the text could be fitted to the already existing melody.

Is it okay with you if we ‘pick and choose’ parts of the two versions and maybe rearrange the order of the verses a bit? Or would you prefer that we use only this latest version? Personally I think that the part with “Tell me captor..” was great, so it would be nice to keep it.

Okay, I’ve already created a melody for verse and chorus based on your first version and @Seppo Ilmarinen with his amazing skills is about to start creating the backing track for me to sing the vocal part. But we’ll see if the new version of the text could be fitted to the already existing melody.

Is it okay with you if we ‘pick and choose’ parts of the two versions and maybe rearrange the order of the verses a bit? Or would you prefer that we use only this latest version? Personally I think that the part with “Tell me captor..” was great, so it would be nice to keep it.

You can absolutely use the first one if you are good with it. And yes you can pick and choose parts of either and do what you feel is best. :thup:

Wait and See

As time stands still,
Find strength in thy will,
Navigations untold,
Be brave, be bold.

May thy heart be true,
May thy soul be pure,
May signs give clue,
To aid and explore.

Let convictions run deep,
If truth be thy measure,
And in wisdom thy keep,
Thine eyes on the treasure.

As time stands still,
Show strength in thy will,
Decisions to action,
Bring satisfaction.

May thy heart be true,
May thy soul be pure,
May signs give clue,
To aid and explore.

As time stands still,
Feel strength in thy will,
For if it is to be,
Then wait and see.

Once Was

A clash of thunder shook the Earth from above
A striking remembrance of what once was love
The pulsation of the heart slowing the time
Lost in translation it once was benign
The tears crush the floor like hail from a storm
Now lying in bed that once was held warm
Flashes of lightning appear in the sky
Chasing the memories of both you and I
They seem to catch fire and burn with such passion
Admiring the glow with a strong felt reaction
But now what once was has left and is gone
The news would have helped me all along
If only you told me, If only I knew
That something unknown was growing in you

(Found this on the forum from about 10 years ago.. I originally posted it in its own thread)

I‘ve read some of my first postings when I stumbled upon it. It’s been a decade since I’ve joined the network and I only now had the idea to see what I’ve posted before 😳.

It’s been such an honor to be on this forum and to be able to share and collaborate with everyone. I’m incredibly grateful.

Okay @FrankM4326754 here it comes! Together with @Seppo Ilmarinen we've composed and created a song based on the first version of your poem The Great Awakening (we rearranged the verses a bit). We're quite happy with the end result, and we hope you are too. I'm amazed by Seppo's talent in creating a whole orchestra as a background to my vocals, it's a real pleasure working with him.

With this song we want to thank @Laura , all at the chateau, admins, ambassadors, and all members for maintaining this forum, which importance for all our sanity has become increasingly apparent during the recent times. As is said in the chorus of this song:

"United we stand, divided we fall."

I thought I’d mention that since our real names aren’t visible in the video, feel free to share it if you want. And, being a bit (or a lot!) selfish, I’d appreciate if you guys could give us some feedback, so that we know if we’re “on the right track” for future projects with our musical duo. :cool2:

Evolve the Pattern

If only for a moment,
You could not be seen,
Inside of a realm,
Made of a dream.

What would you see?
How would you feel?
Free for a moment,
It’d seem surreal.

Love outpouring,
To all those around,
Whole you are made,
And peace you have found.

Yet reality comes back,
And now you can SEE,
For reason, there’s not.
We can be free.

Our soul is not,
Up for the taking.
We are not to be bought.
We are not for the raking

While weaved in the pattern,
We are not it itself.
Revive that of Eden,
Through work on oneself.

Cyclic Phoenix of the Mind

In the dark,
You’d call their name.
You’d call out loud.
They never came.

Fell to your knees,
You cried and prayed,
But hopelessness,
Came and stayed.

Embracing the dark,
You sat alone,
Left here are thoughts,
You called your own,

But brave that you are,
You could not stay.
You rose yourself,
The very next day.

Stared long and hard,
Into your soul,
Transformed yourself,
Into what I’m told,

COULD be a man,
That others claim,
A hero of sorts,
Renowned acclaim.

But here you stand,
Upon the grave,
Of the grim man,
You were yesterday.

You say your goodbyes,
You pay your respects,
To that which has died,
You’ll never forget.

In the dark,
You call their name.
You call out loud,
They still haven’t came.

Fall to your knees,
You cry and pray,
“Please give me the strength,
I had yesterday.”

Mouth Wide Shut

Desperate to speak,
but what can you say?

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

The meaning of words,
That will not portray,

All of your emotion,
All of your thought,

All of your love,
It’ll be all for naught.

Ai j bien lu, vous voulez qu'on diffuse votre chanson ?... Si OUI, je partagerai sur tous mes réseaux... J'attends votre confirmation...
C'est très beau, mélodie, voix et textes... Merci à tous les créateurs pour ce baume sur le coeur...

Did I read correctly, do you want us to broadcast your song?... If YES, I will share on all my networks... I am waiting for your confirmation...
It is very beautiful, melody, voice and texts... Thanks to all the creators for this balm on the heart...

Ai j bien lu, vous voulez qu'on diffuse votre chanson ?... Si OUI, je partagerai sur tous mes réseaux... J'attends votre confirmation...
C'est très beau, mélodie, voix et textes... Merci à tous les créateurs pour ce baume sur le coeur...

Did I read correctly, do you want us to broadcast your song?... If YES, I will share on all my networks... I am waiting for your confirmation...
It is very beautiful, melody, voice and texts... Thanks to all the creators for this balm on the heart...
I'm guessing that you're talking about the song we made to one of Frank's poems called The Great Awakening? I'm not sure if it is a good idea to 'broadcast' it to a wider audience...it might create too clear connections to our real identities. These days I think it's good to lay as low as possible. In summary, if you ask me I say: please do not broadcast the video outside of this forum. Or, what do @Seppo Ilmarinen you think? (side note: I think I'm going to remove the one of our videos where we can be seen in person).

But I'm happy if peeps on the forum enjoy these collaborations – Frank's great poems and our music. Maybe I should have a look if one of the new poems would 'fit' in a melody...:cool2:

Well I don't mind about sharing the song, but if you Aragorn don't feel comfortable about the idea (which I understand!) maybe keep it on the forum then. Glad to hear you liked it, Perlou! :-)

Back
Top Bottom