Games

clerck de bonk said:
Azur said:
The thing that crossed my mind when I looked at the trailer is that there seems to be a bear theme popping up lately. :huh:

Meaning?

Not sure what it means, it just seems to have been on people's mind in threads lately. Here and elsewhere.

Ok, so I didn't read every post (alright, 2 pages), so I'm sure someone has had to have mentioned the Assassin's Creed series. That game is a conspiracy theorists wet dream, using real people throughout history who died in circumstances rather similarly to how they play out in the game. Not to mention it talks about the race that created us and became our gods, the means of control, and perhaps impending doom.

I'm sure gaming is a means of control, but I do enjoy it to escape the world around me from time to time. But it can also be a tool to reach out to like-minded individuals as well, not unlike using a computer to get to this very site. The thing I enjoy most of all is the friends I've made on there and the times we spend together playing or just chatting.

There's also this thing. You have a way of living out fantasies on there. You can be the hero, you can be the villain. It does more than just let you play them out, it makes you want to. It can inspire and make lead you on a path, following the courage of the leads to stand up for what is right. It kinda validates my moral compass, I suppose you can say. I realize that not everyone is going to get this out of gaming, but it's def something that has been a benefit to me. It's possible to use these tools of control for purposes other than what's intended, and to make it a tool that you can use to further your path. This I believe.

DontBSkerred said:
It can inspire and make lead you on a path, following the courage of the leads to stand up for what is right. It kinda validates my moral compass, I suppose you can say. I realize that not everyone is going to get this out of gaming, but it's def something that has been a benefit to me. It's possible to use these tools of control for purposes other than what's intended, and to make it a tool that you can use to further your path. This I believe.

Hi DontBSkerred

Your description reminded me of this comment from Ra:

Ra: I am Ra...........In a negative sense many of the gadgets among your peoples, that is what you call your communication devices and other distractions such as the less competitive games, may be seen to have the distortion of keeping the mind/body/spirit complex unactivated so that yellow and orange ray activity is much weakened thus carefully decreasing the possibility of eventual green ray activation.

Others of your gadgets may be seen to be tools whereby the entity explores the capabilities of its physical or mental complexes and in some few cases, the spiritual complex, thus activating the orange ray in what you call your team sports and in other gadgets such as your modes of transport. These may be seen to be ways of investigating the feelings of power; more especially, power over others or a group power over another group of other-selves.

34.13 Questioner: What is the general overall effect of television on our society with respect to this catalyst?

Ra: I am Ra. Without ignoring the green ray attempts of many to communicate via this medium such information of truth and beauty as may be helpful, we must suggest that the sum effect of this gadget is that of distraction and sleep.

I dont know if the positive aspects of the game are enough to offset the effect of modern technology, but who knows maybe certain individuals are affected differently?? and by the frequency of use?

I'm sure gaming is a means of control, but I do enjoy it to escape the world around me from time to time. But it can also be a tool to reach out to like-minded individuals as well, not unlike using a computer to get to this very site. The thing I enjoy most of all is the friends I've made on there and the times we spend together playing or just chatting.

What you said here is that you like to be controlled if I understood correctly, it's your choice in the end but it seems like you're giving gaming a positive effect. Aren't the most people on this planet "like-minded", that is hive-minded. Gaming makes you to accept violence, it makes you live in a fantasy world, but that's not the real world so what's the purpose of it then unless to make you feel important in that fantasy world, boost your self-importance, and give you power that you really don't have in real world, and it degrades your thinking so you can spent your free time doing nothing constructive. This is cheap selling of one soul, is it really worth it, that chemistry in your brain, or is there something much higher to life.

Oh boy those were the days, or at least that is what i believed. I remember I had notion that games really did help me in many ways. Looking back now at the time that I spend playing them uf...that is really lot of time wasted. Back on that notion that games really help me, yeah now I can laugh to that idea, but at the time it was real to me, or as I said it at least that is what I believed. As many did point out here playing games is nothing but big black hole of time, many like to give games lot of positive aspects, but really we only delude ourselves with that kind of thinking (if I can call it even thinking in real sense, more of like emotional thinking).

People often say to me that (I had that same altitude toward games couple years ago) games really help them with their motoric skills, enhance them and so, reflexes got better and one particular thing, that games help them understand some life important things. But let me just pierce that bubble of yours, that thing about motoric and reflexes, well as it turns out Parkour did for me same thing in 5 month that games did in 5 years, so if games have that effect is really poor one. As far as goes that "important things", well here how I describe it.

We allways as every organism like pleasant things, and games really did their role in that field, giving us not what we need but what we always want, and there is where whole games problem gets in to the spotlight. One more thing is our believing that somehow by its self games help us understand things about ourselves and world. I won't deny that there is that aspect where some games have reference to biology, physics etc. and tempt me into doing more serious research. But even that was only showing me what I already was in me, what I wanted, and only when I went into research about those things I learned. So at best some games were catalyst for something inside me that already was waiting for the outside incentive to give it momentum. Yeah that only shows how I was easily influenced by outside, or I needed outside initiative for start something.

It's like someone tries to test you, tempt you with something, if there isn't anything within you, some force that wants that, that won't be a temptation only when there is some force that wants that with what we are being tested we fall on that temptation. So it really boils down on what is with in us that keeps us succumb to that temptation.

And now many years later I don't need games to go and do the research in those fields, I just do it because I want to understand (not that is guarantied he he). So in some aspect I can understand when someone says games "help" them, but then as it turns out they spend all time on playing games and not actually doing things they say games help them to "learn". So as it turns out even that aspect is used in games only to keeps us playing and playing and playing (keeps us in believing that we actually learn and have understanding on thing just by playing games)....

Well, unmonitored gaming time can be harmful, but if a person controls his playtime and limits it to maybe an hour at most a day, it may not be a problem. It really comes down to whether or not the individual has the will power to draw away from the game and return to the real game of life.

Being an ex-WoW player, I can definitely see that games such as WoW cannot be played in short lengths to make any reasonable progress. Better games are those that keep you entertained/draw your mind away from workstuffs for a short period of time and perhaps even improve skills like memory or reflexes on the side.

Flux2012 said:
Well, unmonitored gaming time can be harmful, but if a person controls his playtime and limits it to maybe an hour at most a day, it may not be a problem. It really comes down to whether or not the individual has the will power to draw away from the game and return to the real game of life.

Being an ex-WoW player, I can definitely see that games such as WoW cannot be played in short lengths to make any reasonable progress. Better games are those that keep you entertained/draw your mind away from workstuffs for a short period of time and perhaps even improve skills like memory or reflexes on the side.

An hour a day? Every day? And that exhibits will power?

anart said:
Flux2012 said:

An hour a day? Every day? And that exhibits will power?

I agree. Think of what you can accomplish by devoting yourself to something for an hour a day.

j0da said:
Video games - one of the best "population handling" techniques ever devised by PTB.

I completely agree. I like videogames but they are a waste of time, I would be using reading mask of sanity or whichever book that helps.

Back
Top Bottom