George Floyd's Death, Protests and Riots across the US

Thank you for that reminder about "stalking". I continually look outside myself, trying to help order the chaos around me instead of taking the time to tend to my own house first. I let external events take me off course too often. I'm usually pretty good at finding the things I need to work on and release otherwise.
I think that the page you quoted explaining Castaneda’s principle of stalking is a bit off the mark, or at least, the description is a bit too ‘ambitious’. It’s been years since I read the Castaneda books, but I recall that the best way that I understood stalking was through the story of, if I remember correctly, a worker/slave and the slave master at a plantation. I tried to search for this story online, but without success. Maybe someone else can remember from which book this was, and how the story went exactly. From what I remember, this slave/worker was abused by the master, but he bid his time and applied the art of stalking, carefully planning his revenge, being strategic and not reacting emotionally to any of the abuse.

I did find someone posting ‘the seven principles of stalking’ that is close to the way I remember it from the books:

1) Choose your battleground--a warrior never goes into battle not knowing what the surroundings are.

2) Discard everything that is unnecessary.

3) Apply all the concentration you have to decide whether or not to enter into battle, for any battle is a battle for one's life. Don't complicate things. Aim at being simple.

4) Relax, abandon yourself, fear nothing; only then will the powers that guide us open the road and aid us.

5) When faced with odds that cannot be dealt with, warriors retreat for a moment, they let their minds meander, they occupy their time with something else.

6) Warrior's compress time, even an instant counts. A second is an eternity, an eternity that may decide the outcome; Aim at succeeding.

7) A stalker never pushes himself to the forefront.

Apply the principles of stalking to daily life, small things at first, leading up to major issues.

I think that the page you quoted explaining Castaneda’s principle of stalking is a bit off the mark, or at least, the description is a bit too ‘ambitious’. It’s been years since I read the Castaneda books, but I recall that the best way that I understood stalking was through the story of, if I remember correctly, a worker/slave and the slave master at a plantation. I tried to search for this story online, but without success. Maybe someone else can remember from which book this was, and how the story went exactly. From what I remember, this slave/worker was abused by the master, but he bid his time and applied the art of stalking, carefully planning his revenge, being strategic and not reacting emotionally to any of the abuse.

I did find someone posting ‘the seven principles of stalking’ that is close to the way I remember it from the books:

1) Choose your battleground--a warrior never goes into battle not knowing what the surroundings are.

2) Discard everything that is unnecessary.

3) Apply all the concentration you have to decide whether or not to enter into battle, for any battle is a battle for one's life. Don't complicate things. Aim at being simple.

4) Relax, abandon yourself, fear nothing; only then will the powers that guide us open the road and aid us.

5) When faced with odds that cannot be dealt with, warriors retreat for a moment, they let their minds meander, they occupy their time with something else.

6) Warrior's compress time, even an instant counts. A second is an eternity, an eternity that may decide the outcome; Aim at succeeding.

7) A stalker never pushes himself to the forefront.

Apply the principles of stalking to daily life, small things at first, leading up to major issues.

Thanks, Aragorn. I did a search for Castaneda's own description of the term on the 'net and nothing came up with his name except that quote I found, which seemed familiar - but then it's been almost thirty years since I last read Castaneda. And when I did a search on this forum for "stalking" I came up with Sid's original share with me on the corona virus thread, the Michael Topper article where he describes "stalking" as carried out by negative STS beings, which is a far cry from what I was looking for.

(The Topper article is here, and STS "Stalking" is described about 60% down the page: Stalking or Precis on The Good and The Evil )

Thanks for that share. So I now know what book I will be reading in the sun this weekend :)

Thanks, Aragorn. I did a search for Castaneda's own description of the term on the 'net and nothing came up with his name except that quote I found, which seemed familiar - but then it's been almost thirty years since I last read Castaneda. And when I did a search on this forum for "stalking" I came up with Sid's original share with me on the corona virus thread, the Michael Topper article where he describes "stalking" as carried out by negative STS beings, which is a far cry from what I was looking for.

(The Topper article is here, and STS "Stalking" is described about 60% down the page: Stalking or Precis on The Good and The Evil )

Thanks for that share. So I now know what book I will be reading in the sun this weekend :)

If I am not mistaken, I think what Aragorn is referring to starts on page 33 of the hard copy of the book "The Fire From Within." I don't have a PDF of a it, but I just went back in pages of this old copy that I am also reading slowly bit by bit as time permits. Here is the PDF version online, but the recapitulation of don Juan's experiences with this own Petty Tyrant in this scene starts on page 26 of the PDF version.

Wasn't exactly sure where to post this ...

UN chief pleads for "world government" with "teeth". We have until 2030

But you can't have a One World Govt without a 'people revolution' supporting it. Is it starting to become clear why they want to destroy national identities?

Last edited:
Wasn't exactly sure where to post this ...

UN chief pleads for "world government" with "teeth". We have until 2030

But you can't have a One World Govt without a 'people revolution' supporting it. Is it starting to become clear why they want to destroy national identities?
I like this image from one of your quoted tweets:

EaGfrI0X0AAnd78.jpg

My goodness gracious.

Man, I feel like this guy started off okay talking about education and the economic situation in some of these islands in the Atlantic but then took a hard right to reparations as if that'll fix anything.

Shouldn't he be talking more about opportunities within those Islands, governance etc.

He talks about violence and immediately blames it on white supremacy but doesn't talk about accountability and education.

I can see why such a history can take such a big toll on people's psychological outlook but cmon, people who are so affected should start looking at healthy ways of healing rather than allowing themselves to be used in the present day by the very same people who would have no qualms owning slaves if they could get away with it i.e. your modern day PTB who drive BLM and Antifa etc.

I fear for the psychology of black people. They are being hit hard by this sort of thing now.

Resulting in encounters like this nowadays where racism is blamed for altercations

I can see why such a history can take such a big toll on people's psychological outlook but cmon, people who are so affected should start looking at healthy ways of healing rather than allowing themselves to be used in the present day by the very same people who would have no qualms owning slaves if they could get away with it i.e. your modern day PTB who drive BLM and Antifa etc.

Even when events are not simply made up out of whole cloth or wildly exaggerated - as is frequently the case with those who peddle these emotionally manipulative narratives - it is very easy to frame the narrative they want by focusing only on the negative aspects of history. If one were trapped in a relationship with a narcissist who incessantly reminded you of the shortcomings of your parents, while mercilessly mocking and attacking you whenever you tried to bring up their good points, eventually your view of them would be twisted into a demented caricature that would have you firmly alienated from them and, not coincidentally, completely under the emotional domination of the narcissist.

If I am not mistaken, I think what Aragorn is referring to starts on page 33 of the hard copy of the book "The Fire From Within." I don't have a PDF of a it, but I just went back in pages of this old copy that I am also reading slowly bit by bit as time permits. Here is the PDF version online, but the recapitulation of don Juan's experiences with this own Petty Tyrant in this scene starts on page 26 of the PDF version.

Also, it might be a good idea to read Chapter 33 of the Wave, and Laura's analysis of buffers and Petty Tyrants, the relevant passages regarding Castenada's work are embedded in the chapter.

oh oh, they said the wrong thing there :-

"As Israel moves forward with the annexation of the West Bank, and mainstream British politics is gagged of the right to critique Zionism, and Israel's settler colonial pursuits, we loudly and clearly stand beside our Palestinian comrades," the official account of the Black Lives Matter movement in the UK tweeted on Sunday. "FREE PALESTINE."

Black Lives Matter 'Canceled' After Criticizing Israel
Black Lives Matter had the establishment's full support while rioters were burning down businesses, looting stores, attacking innocent people in the streets and killing cops but all that appears to have changed with just one tweet.

“Somebody forced the gate, and I stood up and announced that this is private property. Go back. I can’t remember in detail anymore. I went inside, I got a rifle. And when they … because as soon as I said this is private property, those words enraged the crowd,” he said.

McClosky said one of the militants pulled out a loaded pistol magazine and clicked them together and said ‘you’re next.’

Video: BLM Protesters Pull Out AK47 Rifle, Curse and Scream At Local Reporter During The Riots At The Home Of St. Louis Mayor – Hardly Any Media Coverage

From STL Today:
Police are continuing to investigate the incident on Portland Place but are labeling it as a case of trespassing and fourth-degree assault by intimidation.

Meanwhile, were the couple, as they stood on their own property, within their rights to point weapons at protesters? Gun rights advocates say yes. A police spokesperson said to ask "the courts."

Anders Walker, a constitutional law professor at St. Louis University, said that although it's "very dangerous" to engage protesters with guns, the homeowners broke no laws by brandishing or pointing weapons at them because Portland Place is a private street. He said the McCloskeys are protected by Missouri's Castle Doctrine, which allows people to use deadly force to defend private property.

"At any point that you enter the property, they can then, in Missouri, use deadly force to get you off the lawn," Walker said, calling the state's Castle Doctrine a "force field" that "indemnifies you, and you can even pull the trigger in Missouri."
KSDK released an interview with the homeowner:

Mark comes across as a very nice, sane, well balanced person.

Even when events are not simply made up out of whole cloth or wildly exaggerated - as is frequently the case with those who peddle these emotionally manipulative narratives - it is very easy to frame the narrative they want by focusing only on the negative aspects of history. If one were trapped in a relationship with a narcissist who incessantly reminded you of the shortcomings of your parents, while mercilessly mocking and attacking you whenever you tried to bring up their good points, eventually your view of them would be twisted into a demented caricature that would have you firmly alienated from them and, not coincidentally, completely under the emotional domination of the narcissist.

To be honest, I'm not really a big fan of the history portrayed above. I'm not surprised they don't teach it at school beyond a few skimming paragraphs. For example, I wouldn't expect the UK to teach students the tactics the British empire employed to subdue colonised nations and break people Inc all the torture, maiming and general war crimes they encouraged their soldiers to do on people they perceived to be non-human.

None of that stuff is pretty, it's quite dark actually.

I'm not sure it can ever be acknowledged and taught beyond some whitewashed version that won't make people feel bad.

The world is obviously different now, as those sorts of things have been relegated to CIA black sites and such but damn, people who are directly descended from those who were subjected to those levels of darkness and for so long no doubt have a lot of internal work to do to get to a place where history doesn't weigh them down.

What they need is not reparations but free access to psychologists to talk all this through.

So CHAZ or CHOP seems to be a thing of the past, and it could not have ended otherwise. It's incredible, but I guess no that surprising, that an ideologically possesses mayor would defend what was so obviously going to end up this way. Seattle police have made public a video of violence and shootings inside the zone that I thought was worth sharing here:

Aaaand the video has been removed on a copyright claim. Of course.

I realize that you can't judge the masses for the actions or words of a single person, but the fact that at least some are taking this line of thinking is already quite crazy!

I did have discussion on FB recently with an acquaintance who was arguing that one shouldn't be advocating 'All Lives Matter' at the moment because black people have had it worse and that is 'the open wound', etc. She was rationalizing it as an exceptional circumstance so it was best to focus on this particular group of people rather than all, yet she understands that ALM anyway, I'm sure. But as Jordan Peterson pointed out, language and words are important, and they can shape how people think and act. Some people will retain a generally healthy worldview in spite of any 'newspeak' out there, and will 'fill in the blanks'. But many others will not, and there are examples of totalitarian regimes that changed their languages and then proceeded to commit all sorts of atrocities. The way things are going in the US and elsewhere, I don't think this is impossible. :-(

'Filling in the blanks' is therefore a big mistake. When the crazies say 'abolish the police', I think we would do best to NOT assume that they really mean 'reform the police' or 'defund the police to some extent in clever ways on order to fund other needed areas'. And when they say 'if you say All Lives Matter I'll stab you!', best to not assume they wouldn't do exactly that!

Things happen fast -> claira janover on TikTok (tldr: that same woman crying over being fired from her job.) Let's hope she'll learn from this, eventually.

Also, businesses and people owning property in CHAZ/CHOP have been suing the city over this mess. Quite an interesting read: CHOPComplaint. I believe that was filed a week ago.

Back
Top Bottom