Getting rid of WiFi

forge said:
I pondered, is it the panic, a placebo effect and not really the Wifi? But the physical feelings are so strong, accumulating over minutes and i can feel instantly when i power it on. It's like a blast-wave of stun-radiation.

Fwiw, forge, I also feel Wifi instantly and it's extremely unpleasant! When I had bought a laptop a few years ago I switched on the Wifi and instantly I was having strong headaches and fogginess. Same when I have to use a wireless phone or cell phone. Best to get away from these evil rays as far and fast as possible!

[quote author=Enaid]Fwiw, forge, I also feel Wifi instantly and it's extremely unpleasant! When I had bought a laptop a few years ago I switched on the Wifi and instantly I was having strong headaches and fogginess. Same when I have to use a wireless phone or cell phone. Best to get away from these evil rays as far and fast as possible![/quote]Yes, exactly the same thing with me.

What I forgot to mention regarding cellphone towers and schools (the same goes for universities): There are often cellphone towers either on the top of school buildings or in the neighbourhood. Two reasons: There is sometimes a sort of remission of rent for cellphone towers for the telecommunication companies because schools are state-owned. Public buildings are preferred for erecting towers. And second, imagine how many students or pupils and teachers have cellphones! So there is simply a great demand to be supplied. The more people are concentrated on one place, the unhealthier it becomes.

This short article talks about plans for cell phone towers at a school district being put on hold due to health concerns and mentions how it is a revenue generator:

_http://www.ajc.com/news/dekalb/dekalb-delays-decision-on-976131.html

Verizon has a page dedicated to requesting that your property be used to build a cell tower:

_http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/realestate/

Apparently the demand is very high, many people are eager to get a tower built on their land:

Due to the high volume of property evaluation submittals, we regret
that we will not be able to follow up directly with owners, unless your
property meets our needs.

Kind of on topic, I've been interested in the idea of using radio waves to create a peer to peer type of "internet". There seems to be a well developed community of operators doing this already, coming from amateur radio enthusiasts (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amateur_radio). I believe too that this is a relatively low-powered radio wave that gets emitted, so I don't believe it has the same health-based issues as say mobile phone towers and wifi. But I'm not that versed as yet on the ins and outs of this from a technology standpoint either. Would this have the same health related issues?

Anyway, I feel the possibilities of using something like this are quite far reaching, especially for distributing content and bypassing the infrastructure that costs an arm and leg to do anything (downloading / uploading etc). There's I'm sure a lot of "legal" issues associated with this too because it moves in the opposite direction of a single source of control (which PTB don't like).

If interested, here's some links I've just come across that seem promising so far:

http://hsmm-mesh.org/just-starting-read-this.html
http://wndw.net/download.html

(if it's better as it's own topic, admins let me know, happy to move it)

alkhemst said:
Kind of on topic, I've been interested in the idea of using radio waves to create a peer to peer type of "internet". There seems to be a well developed community of operators doing this already, coming from amateur radio enthusiasts (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amateur_radio). I believe too that this is a relatively low-powered radio wave that gets emitted, so I don't believe it has the same health-based issues as say mobile phone towers and wifi. But I'm not that versed as yet on the ins and outs of this from a technology standpoint either. Would this have the same health related issues?

Anyway, I feel the possibilities of using something like this are quite far reaching, especially for distributing content and bypassing the infrastructure that costs an arm and leg to do anything (downloading / uploading etc). There's I'm sure a lot of "legal" issues associated with this too because it moves in the opposite direction of a single source of control (which PTB don't like).

If interested, here's some links I've just come across that seem promising so far:

I'm not very versed too but I used to be quite interested in radio technology when I was a kid :)

From what I understand, the mesh technology is based on modified wifi routers that together build a peer to peer network (you use wifi routers as knots and if you have enough of them, you have your own "mesh" network). It is used for example in development countries to create phone networks in villages/cities where there is no communication infrastructure or to bypass the expensive international mobile phone providers. It is low-cost, open-source and quite simple.

Concerning health issues, I guess you'll have the same problems as with Wifi, since, well, this IS Wifi (digital IP data transmitted on UHF/SHF frequencies). Maybe if we could get rid of the mobile towers with this technology, this could be an improvement, but I don't know.

Speaking generally about ham/amateur radio, I thought about the idea of creating "alternative communication networks" as well. Especially the short wave frequencies are quite interesting since you can have direct long-distance communication. However, maybe this is a bit too much 3D-thinking? I mean, if the PTB decide to shut down communication for the general population, I don't think they will accept some alternative network either... You just can't beat them with their own weapons. Also, there are many legal issues even now - basically you can't use ham radio for anything but technical chatter - political discussions are prohibited. And mind you, when the Nazis took over in Germany, not only did they prohibit amateur radio completely, they confiscated all devices!

But I'm not sure about all this - maybe others see it differently? Is there a point in learning the nuts and bolts of radio technology and how to use alternative ways of communication? Or is it merely 3D-thinking? Interesting questions, I think.

(EDIT: Spelling)

luc said:
alkhemst said:

I'm not very versed too but I used to be quite interested in radio technology when I was a kid :)

From what I understand, the mesh technology is based on modified wifi routers that together build a peer to peer network (you use wifi routers as knots and if you have enough of them, you have your own "mesh" network). It is used for example in development countries to create phone networks in villages/cities where there is no communication infrastructure or to bypass the expensive international mobile phone providers. It is low-cost, open-source and quite simple.

Concerning health issues, I guess you'll have the same problems as with Wifi, since, well, this IS Wifi (digital IP data transmitted on UHF/SHF frequencies). Maybe if we could get rid of the mobile towers with this technology, this could be an improvement, but I don't know.

Speaking generally about ham/amateur radio, I thought about the idea of creating "alternative communication networks" as well. Especially the short wave frequencies are quite interesting since you can have direct long-distance communication. However, maybe this is a bit too much 3D-thinking? I mean, if the PTB decide to shut down communication for the general population, I don't think they will accept some alternative network either... You just can't beat them with their own weapons. Also, there are many legal issues even now - basically you can't use ham radio for anything but technical chatter - political discussions are prohibited. And mind you, when the Nazis took over in Germany, not only did they prohibit amateur radio completely, they confiscated all devices!

But I'm not sure about all this - maybe others see it differently? Is there a point in learning the nuts and bolts of radio technology and how to use alternative ways of communication? Or is it merely 3D-thinking? Interesting questions, I think.

I think the question is whether or not you find it really interesting and cool to experiment with? The 3d thinking comes in when worrying over whether it will be helpful or not, anything can be helpful. I can imagine a lot of scenarios in the future where such things could be useful; the PTB aren't all that powerful you know, especially with comets raining down on their heads ;). Personally I love tinkering with technology and this kind of thing interests me, it's just an issue of my lack of spare time and expertise.

I think some time in the future we're gonna have an awful lot of electronic devices and junk around that could be potentially useful, but nobody is gonna know what to do with it all.

Carlise said:
The 3d thinking comes in when worrying over whether it will be helpful or not, anything can be helpful. I can imagine a lot of scenarios in the future where such things could be useful; the PTB aren't all that powerful you know, especially with comets raining down on their heads ;). Personally I love tinkering with technology and this kind of thing interests me, it's just an issue of my lack of spare time and expertise.

I think some time in the future we're gonna have an awful lot of electronic devices and junk around that could be potentially useful, but nobody is gonna know what to do with it all.

Thanks for the feedback, this is really quite enlightening - basically, in this case I engaged in 3d-thinking by worrying about whether this is 3d-thinking :) Yes, this is a question of spare time and energy, but maybe I should follow that interest a bit further if I find the time. Thanks again.

luc said:

Thanks for your input. Yeah I agree at some point in time setting up something like this would be really useful, I suppose the "legal" restrictions of content makes a lot of people not go down that path now, problem being that in the future (eg when internet doesn't function) not many people know how to set something like this up - probably be the point of those pseudo laws being made up. There was a subtantial ebook on the second link that seems comprehensive regarding the physical principles and set up for the developing world. Would be interesting to know if many of these are already set up in such places too - will have a look.

Back
Top Bottom