Hemochromatosis and Autoimmune Conditions

I was reading a paper which says it can indicate a functional iron overload, instead of a genetically predisposed iron overload. As per my memory, I am heterzygous for HFE, meaning that I carry a risk but that the risk is relatively minor.

Anyone got any ideas?

Or maybe stuff that you have done to improve your health results in mixed results. The saturation looks pretty high though. You could donate blood a couple of times and then see if there are any changes.

Or maybe stuff that you have done to improve your health results in mixed results. The saturation looks pretty high though. You could donate blood a couple of times and then see if there are any changes.
I know,

Whats even stranger is that the saturation has increased a lot since adding back in vegetables and some carbs.

Here are my results from July, when I had been pretty hardcore carnivore for around a year, including organ meats:

1577795523353.png

The only thing which was out was the TIBC. So since then things have definitely gotten worse - so I am guessing I am not "hemochromatotic", but it is a functional thing.

The waiting list for donating blood is like three months here, so I am thinking of just blood letting myself to hopefully bring it down.

One thing I did read was that GGT is a relatively marker for glutathione depletion and oxidative stress in the liver as a consequence of iron storage overload. My GGT was excellent, but my cells don't seem to want any more iron... that seems for sure :huh:

Hi,
I would like to share result of using IP6 (Inositol Hexaphosphate) for 2 weeks.
My last blood check done 03.03.2021 showed 48% saturation of blood transferrin.
Check done yesterday 01.04.2021 showed 33% saturation of blood transferrin.

Two things I was doing during this time were:
1. using IP6 500mg total 20 capsules during last month
2. autohemotherapy - 7 shots 11ml - some blood was escaping also

What comes to my mind as possible additional influence on result of staturation of blood transferin is that Iron as well could have been "used" by foreign organisms like:
- bacteria (I was sick for one week shortly after first blood test in the beginning of March) and spiting some greenish stuff from my nostrils and sinuses
- parasites (about that I do not know if I have) or
- tumor (about that I do not know if I have).
- or that iron was packed to some tissues

And just to add that I do not have hemochromatosis (checked by genetic test).

My last blood check done 03.03.2021 showed 48% saturation of blood transferrin.
Check done yesterday 01.04.2021 showed 33% saturation of blood transferrin.

Two things I was doing during this time were:
1. using IP6 500mg total 20 capsules during last month
It's good to know, specially for those who can't do bloodletting!

The below is a great interview between Dr. Mercola and his guest, Morley Robbins.

Morley talks about the 4 types of Iron, and something that (it is indicated) most doctors don't realize, is that they know that 70% of iron is carried in the blood, so decanting makes sense to make less if need be, but the problem is that is what is in the cells, which copper regulates. And what iron that is in the cells gets deposited in the liver and spleen - difficult to remove, which again is where copper comes in.

Last edited:
I know,

Whats even stranger is that the saturation has increased a lot since adding back in vegetables and some carbs.

Here are my results from July, when I had been pretty hardcore carnivore for around a year, including organ meats:

View attachment 32970

The only thing which was out was the TIBC. So since then things have definitely gotten worse - so I am guessing I am not "hemochromatotic", but it is a functional thing.

The waiting list for donating blood is like three months here, so I am thinking of just blood letting myself to hopefully bring it down.

One thing I did read was that GGT is a relatively marker for glutathione depletion and oxidative stress in the liver as a consequence of iron storage overload. My GGT was excellent, but my cells don't seem to want any more iron... that seems for sure :huh:
I really couldn’t find the place to put this but a quick search of the forum didn’t turn up anything on iron supplements or how it’s absorbed in the body. The short answer is that the body uses heme or ferrous iron for the most part, which is the Fe+2 ion, and doesn’t use the ferric or Fe+3 ion. There’s lots of things that can inhibit iron absorption which are well known to the forum but listed in the article.

The reason I was looking this up had to do with food preservation and generally if you cook meat to a well done state, you change the iron inside from the needed ferrous +2 state to the +3 state which isn’t optimal for absorption. That means the old ways of food preservation like charcuterie might be superior by preserving nutritional value.

The article about how cooking changes iron and other nutrients in meats.

Back
Top Bottom