Homelessness

angelburst29 said:
Perhaps what I said at first was wrong. Maybe our society isn’t so bad. Future generations won’t judge us for how we treat our fellow man. Plenty of private citizens have done their part to help the homeless.

No. They’ll judge our government, for breaking up families, fining people with no money, starving them, and then throwing them into internment camps.

It is almost as if humanity is being pushed to the end of ourselves all over the planet. Some circumstances have to do with nature, some have to do with greed, others have to deal with wars, etc., etc. etc. Either "we" are going to stretch out and grow or shrivel up & die.

Every day we arise to a new day and as long as we have life there is opportunity for change. Will it be evolution of the strongest & fittest or unity through our shared goals & outcomes? What is holding most of us back is fear of loss of the physical (loss of people we love dearly, loss of ourselves, loss of employment & opportunities, etc. and so we are being pulled in directions that herd us into numbness and fear of the unknown.

We are being intentionally traumatized to accept our plight and to lose hope, but if each of us took the time to be still, our collective creativity cannot be contained. It is our creativity that is slowly being sucked out of us, but it is also the key to our growth. Growth is painful either way.

Kisito said:
Hello to you,
Compassion is often putting oneself in the place of others. Or because we want to help others (STO) or whether we are afraid that suffering reaches us (STS). What compassion are we? I have no house, no apartment, and no job. We are all seekers of truth, at their respective levels. When we work, we do not have the time to seek the truth, when it does not work, we spend our time feeling guilty and looking for a way to earn money. I live with my parents for a year and it's really hard, but a great wealth working on my karma.
I have a son who lives much of the time with his mother. The mother of my son comes from a small middle class family and just received an inheritance. I told my son that he will probably not receive inheritance from me, because I have no material possessions. But I told him, I offered him a rich culture and I hope intellectual.

Hello to you, Kisito. Your post moved me to wax biblical for a second or two. In that mythical story of Jesus' birth, there was "no room in the inn" and "nowhere to lay his head." You might choose to see a writer passing on a lesson involving consciousness or a new birth of an inner 'you': how every detail of the experience of that birth would have occurred in novel circumstances, in a condition of wakefulness and paying attention. My point is that humble circumstances are in no way anything to feel bad about because the pointers are to a greater potential than you might otherwise experience and I hope the day comes when your son loves you even more for what you said.

Kisito said:
Why are we (Mercy, pity) homeless? An idea told me that compassion is a form of ignorance, a reflection of ourselves. Because being homeless would normally be a chance to improve, as Castaneda and Laura says with petty tyrants or it should lead us to the fourth way?

Castaneda taught working on self-importance, Gurdjieff spoke of struggling with 'yes and 'no', C's speak of removing limiting beliefs, gnostics spoke of removing resistances to Indetermination (uncertainty).

IMO, this describes a useful path. We are led through the labyrinths of our mind, through old structures of thought, to a realization that we've been limiting our life force to dwelling in bounded concepts, skins of bodies, manufactured houses and societal roles. Having been conditioned to fear unknowns we seek safety and a sense of security and when we think we've found it we want to keep things that way.

But such a static, stable, comfortable position can directly conflict with needs of a creative life - impulses that pressure us to move, live, evolve, grow and change.

As I understand things, this is what Gibran was communicating through The Prophet: on Houses: _http://leb.net/mira/works/prophet/prophet9.html

Kisito said:
Dervishes, the Fakirs, the Franciscans, the Cynics and Stoics were true they not homeless or vows of poverty?

In many gnostic, so-called gnostic and other esoteric systems, 'gluttony' was understood to mean anything that one desires in excess. IOW, if you desire something to the point of wanting to accumulate more and more of it, then you might eventually replace Joy with Vice as the center of your being. Joy was the more desirable goal, so vows of poverty were mandated in some traditions in order to provide needed impetus to stay on the path.

When we do the Work as outlined and are honest in our self-observations, we will probably be able to at least intuit our own particular weaknesses and then decide what actions or constraints are needed to boost efforts toward our aim.

Just my thoughts, FWIW.

London has started a program dubbed Operation Encompass with mass evictions of the homeless.

_http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/08/29/mass-eviction-of-london-homeless_n_5736596.html (photo's)

Police and immigration officials swooped on London's homeless hotspots this morning in a clamp down on rough sleepers and beggars.

Officers descended on popular sleeping points, including Marble Arch, at around 4am this morning in a joint operation with the UK Border Agency to target those in the country illegally.

Dubbed Operation Encompass, the officers and border officials "processed" 37 people and made scores more leave, as these pictures show.

Of the 37, there were 35 who were given "cease and desist" notices, one will be removed from the country and another agreed to return to Romania.

The operation was also intended to enforce new EU regulations, which state anyone who abuses the right of free movement between EU countries can be removed from the UK and banned from returning for 12 months.

Commander Alison Newcomb, the police officer who led the operation, said: ""Officers work with immigration partners to utilise legislation launched in January regarding removal from the UK, where the grounds exist. They also make referrals to outreach projects in order to help vulnerable individuals break the cycle they find themselves in when sleeping rough, while taking affirmative action against persistent offenders who break the law or cause intimidation to passing members of public.

"Begging will not be tolerated in the City of Westminster or any other London borough. Wherever possible people begging will be arrested and ASBOs sought where appropriate."

angelburst29 said:
London has started a program dubbed Operation Encompass with mass evictions of the homeless.

_http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/08/29/mass-eviction-of-london-homeless_n_5736596.html (photo's)

Police and immigration officials swooped on London's homeless hotspots this morning in a clamp down on rough sleepers and beggars.

This reminds me of how last year the Greek authorites were rounding up addicts, prostitues, the homeless and immigrants. Some had their bio markers recorded:

_http://www.scriptonitedaily.com/2013/07/10/coming-here-soon-greece-imprisoning-poor-immigrants-and-lgbt-in-internment-camps/

Coming Here Soon: Greece Imprisoning Poor, Immigrants and LGBT in Internment Camps

Further to the sweeping arrests, violence and murder – immigrants are now being rounded up and transferred to internment camps. The first series of camps are already open and operating inside Greece’s borders, and more than 5,000 people languish behind their barbed wire perimeter. The government has announced plans to build 30 more such facilities in the next few years.
[...]
Since then police have extended the same tactics used in Operation Zeus to sex workers, drug addicts and the homeless – who have been rounded up and sent off the internment camps with the immigrants.
[..]
Now the full machinery of the Greek State is being turned on the poor, as they become the newest addition to the ‘undesirables’. The Greek parliament is passing legislation to turn a military camp into a prison for poor Greeks.
[...]
Since last February, any Greek falling more than €5000 in debt to the state can be imprisoned to work off their debt. The government is now planning to roll this out more systematically, with a specific prison camp dedicated to holding poor Greeks while they work for free for the state. This would conventionally be referred to as a Labour Camp – the tool of many a totalitarian state, including Stalinist Russia and Nazi Germany.
Also, no surpise they're rounding them up when:
_http://tompride.wordpress.com/2014/08/31/homelessness-in-england-rises-a-shocking-26-under-tory-lib-dem-coalition/?utm_content=buffer06c38&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Homelessness in England rises a shocking 26% under Tory Lib Dem coalition

Statutory homelessness in England has gone up by a massive 26% since Cameron and Clegg’s coalition government came to power.

And the number of people sleeping rough in London has risen by an unbelievable 77% since 2010.

These figures come after years of declining trends in homelessness – but that was before Cameron and Clegg got their hands on the economy.

Just one question.

Why is this not front page news?
Taken from: _http://www.crisis.org.uk/data/files/publications/1408%20Crisis%20Homelessness%20breifing.pdf

The count for January 2014: 49,933 homeless Military Veterans
_http://www.politifact.com/rhode-island/statements/2014/sep/16/rhue-reis/congressional-candidate-rhue-reis-says-200000-4000/

Tuesday September 16, 2014 - Since January 2009, they've conducted an annual "Point-in-Time Count" of the homeless who spend the night in shelters or are on the street. It's done by groups that regularly work with the homeless and who have become very good at tracking them down.

"The bottom line is, until 2009 we didn't have accurate counts for veteran homelessness," said Emanuel Cavallaro, spokesman for the National Alliance. Before direct counting was done, and the people doing the counting became adept at identifying whether a homeless person was a veteran, the estimate was done by the VA. "That [VA] data was very problematic and wasn't very reliable."

So while the VA was estimating 131,000 homeless veterans per night in 2009, the point-in-time census of the homeless put the number at 75,609. It rose to 76,329 the following year in the midst of the Great Recession and has been declining ever since, according to the point-in-time counts. The count for January 2014: 49,933.

The number has been declining, said HUD spokesman Patrick Rodenbush, because there has been a concerted effort in recent years by the Obama administration and Congress to get housing for homeless veterans. "In an era of budget cuts, this is one area where Congress has been fully funding the president's requests," he said. "This gets bipartisan support."

1peacelover said:
angelburst29 said:
Perhaps what I said at first was wrong. Maybe our society isn’t so bad. Future generations won’t judge us for how we treat our fellow man. Plenty of private citizens have done their part to help the homeless.

No. They’ll judge our government, for breaking up families, fining people with no money, starving them, and then throwing them into internment camps.

It is almost as if humanity is being pushed to the end of ourselves all over the planet. Some circumstances have to do with nature, some have to do with greed, others have to deal with wars, etc., etc. etc. Either "we" are going to stretch out and grow or shrivel up & die.

Every day we arise to a new day and as long as we have life there is opportunity for change. Will it be evolution of the strongest & fittest or unity through our shared goals & outcomes? What is holding most of us back is fear of loss of the physical (loss of people we love dearly, loss of ourselves, loss of employment & opportunities, etc. and so we are being pulled in directions that herd us into numbness and fear of the unknown.

We are being intentionally traumatized to accept our plight and to lose hope, but if each of us took the time to be still, our collective creativity cannot be contained. It is our creativity that is slowly being sucked out of us, but it is also the key to our growth. Growth is painful either way.

Thank you to angelburst29 for bringing this trend of homelessness to our attention. I too grew up on a dairy farm in Ohio about the same time (1951-1961). I too see a difference in our "selfie" approach to life now. We moved to the Virginia suburbs near Washington DC around 1962 and even there people seemed to know and care about their neighbors more than I see today.

I suppose we may get a chance to be STO sooner than we think in the near future. There are so many challenges as mentioned like wars, financial collapse, floods, earthquakes, volcano eruptions, plagues and comets. Any of these could make any of us homeless.

Seeing how many countries are now being affected by homelessness and the inhumane way humans are treating humans is a clear sign to me that the PTB are only going to continue the same agendas and reactions.

This makes me wonder how the "butterfly effect" will play out as we all may be drawn more into the fray of battle. I try to believe that we may see the wave bring an awakening that will be the wind beneath the butterflies' wings. I have noticed there seem to be many obyvatels as well as psychopaths out there. The predator's mind wants us to blame the victim for the causes of evil it seems. That is not to ignore the "work" we have to do to take responsibly for ourselves and the changes we should make in ourselves.

Thank you all for these reminders and insights. Shocks to the system. It's painful to read about such awful things happening. Internment camps for the poor? How does one find work or education or any kind of opportunity if nobody is allowed to even leave such a place?

With no provisions of that sort, putting humans in camps is nothing more than a barely disguised psychopathic act; treating them as garbage. Human landfill. Deliberate culling, which I can almost hear the pundits puffing about with satisfaction while blustering on about social Darwinism and other patently false notions. Those of 'superior stock' would be just as lost with their gifted advantages pulled from beneath their feet.

I moved away from a huge city and a respectable income to a very small rural town in order to seek health and the strength and sanity I'd heard rumors of existing "out there". While there is considerably less money here to go around, and while I have had my own nail-biting times where you don't answer the phone because you *know* it's the bank wanting blood, and if you can just make another $30, you'll have enough for the rent due in a few days, and thank goodness for that carton of eggs and bag of ground suet traded for at the farmer's market... While all of this is reality here for many, I have also found those other things; community strength, sanity and compassion in great abundance. -And at turns, I have been able to provide those things for others.

I was fortunate enough to pick up a job last year which, after doing the math, still sees me below the official national poverty line, but in all honesty, after living so close to the edge, I feel as wealthy as a king! I can make sure friends are fed and cared for. I recently had one valued member of this community living on an air mattress in my apartment for a few weeks while she looked for work and got her own life put back together after going through a tough time. (She's doing really well now and everybody is proud of her accomplishments.). -And this wasn't seen as, "Oooh, how nice of you." That's the great part. It was considered normal behavior.

This is not to say I've not seen such behavior in big cities. The fact that people help out at shelters is prime evidence of this. The smallness of a rural community seems to make it easier, though. Everybody here has provided before, and many have required it at some point in their adulthood. People helping people - because you have to. Because you know everybody's name and situation intimately.

This is not to say that there are not always one or two freeloaders in such a system, but the system as I've observed over the years, also seems to naturally be able to correct for this; opportunities are offered but you are more than welcome to go hungry if you aren't seen as putting in the effort. It's much more difficult to hide your nature when everybody knows your name and business. I can think of a few examples of manipulative, selfish types having to move away after a few short years once their game became known.

I can, however, see how such a system could go sour; too many judgmental people could make a small community a repressive, living hell, I am sure. For several reasons, however, many here are very open-minded and celebrate differences as strengths.

One problem, though, is that there is a kind of "Brigadoon" daydream quality I've noticed; a "bubble" as people sometimes refer to it, which can slip over the region and put people to sleep. For instance, while many here are well-traveled, others have never been more than one or two hundred miles from where they were born, and are perfectly content in this respect. I thought that kind of life was a relic of medieval England, but I can feel the bubble myself. The internet helps a lot to offset this. It takes a conscious, continuous effort to stay aware of the larger travails and struggles, the realities of people in the rest of the world who haven't had the kinds of choices available as are here in the West. Many of us had the good fortune to be well-fed during childhood, (to grow healthy brains), taught how to read and to think, to be able to collect the knowledge required to even start to solve the problem of finding healthy places to live.

It helps, too, that nobody is bombing my neighborhood.

I have been homeless on multiple occasions in the last 6 years,the result of defalcation within my narcissistic and very sick family of origin and a host of outside characters equally as stuppored. This has occurred in the American South, the Bible Belt ; I am sharing this experience for the benefit of others who may find themselves now ,or in the near future, in that same frightening circumstance.

The main issue I faced initially was escaping violence from a violent psychopath who had "infiltrated" the family and heavily influenced a sibling ( it was all about money); there were repeated assaults and then death threats to me. Each time , I escaped with NO money, NO credit cards, NO vehicle, NO phone,NO local ID, NO "friends", nothing but what I was wearing and could quickly pack in 2 backpacks, a briefcase, a rolling overhead stow suitcase, and 1 file box. Twice I was injured from the assaults and couldn't even wear a shoe on my right foot for 8 months; wore a strap on "boot" instead. I was 2000 miles from my homebase and even had the local thugs with guns and badges (police, sheriff)used against me by the perpetrators, so I had warrants for NON PAYMENT of fines assessed, also. For the sake of shortening the horror story, the entire situation with the armed thugs called "cops", was completely illegal and unconstitutional and it complicated the escape situation immensely. Now, let's throw in the Deer-In-The-Headlights grief of my Mom dying of unexpected cancer, losing 2 siblings and their children and spouses to this freak and other things , and it well describes the challenges I faced emotionally, intellectually, physically, financially before I was homeless.

I turned to a local Domestic Violence/Abuse agency and was able to stay at a "safe house" for women for a short time, about 4 days. In this rural area there is no privacy,the woman running that particular private Christian based program, I'll call her Mary, was very familiar with the "interloper" , her family of -known - murderers, and of the very real danger I was in from her and them. The "them" also includes deep ties to the "cops", wouldn't ya know. Mary helped me get out of the rural area to a Metro Area of about 400,000 people, where she placed me in the care of another , much larger agency with the same mission. This Metro one was privately and publicly funded, it was secure, and it was intended to be "anonymous" within its location , and everybody from this State knows exactly where it is. So much for being safe....

Now, here's the part that is critical to know for others , BEFORE you open your mouth about anything to these staffers, or to any other person, in these places. You cannot have any warrants, you should have at least a part-time job, do not tell them you are educated or a professional, have local ID and a copy of your Birth Certificate, as well-my passport and out of state ID made me highly suspect to them. Do not tell them the truth if it resembles any of the things about my truth as described above, they will not believe you and you will be "placed" elsewhere. Go along with whatever "classes" and schedule they prescribe for you, non-participation or questioning of the content or need for these is not allowed. Do NOT give them any emergency contact info, they will call them and use what is said against you in any and all manner-yes, they will abuse you with it, too. Do not speak much at all, the less you say the better; they assume that you are lying anyway.

There is also a prevalence of diseases like Hep C , TB, bedbugs and other creatures that infest the body and God knows what else, so be very careful about physical contact with others. If you smoke, you better have some or get used to rolling your own from recovered butts; you may have to get creative with finding "papers" to do this. Cigs are a premium here, these poor women were begging from strangers for money and even engaged in prostiution, exchanged oral sex for a single cigarette!! You will not be able to smoke once they "lock down" for the night, if you get caught, you outta there. In fact there are a vast number of rules and stipulations and they ARE and WILL BE used against you if they choose to do it. Don't break a single one of them, and don't "tell your story" to ANY of the other residents, that is a favorite weapon of the staffers; using one against the other for information.

In my case , I was operating under a severe desire to get out of the geographic area and return to my home area 2000 miles away. The "normalcy bias" was driving me, along with the fact that my precious little dog had been taken hostage and was being abused by the freaks who hurt me; I wanted him back and was additionally traumatized every second with the knowledge that my Mom's dog had been killed by the freaks' dogs only a year prior. The only way to do that was to get out of there ASAP...NO PETS in any of these places. So, forget "normal". Forget any financial help of any kind; they made me beg and plead for 5 bus tokens per week to find a "job". That's only 2.5 round trips anywhere, yet you are to have a job.. also, ASAP. I was told that "Bus Tokens are a privilege, not a guarantee",so how do I schedule my time effectively with this transportation uncertainty ? You don't.

In short, I would have been better off had I just dropped all of that agenda to be "normal" and slept outside in a rural area and built a little shelter for myself. I will tell you that if the Police know you are homeless or a resident of a shelter, you will be watched and harassed. Forget alcohol and even smoking cigs, these activites are for "normal" people, and you aren't- as far as they are concerned. It helps a little if you are in a DV shelter, but not much; it's not OK for you to indulge in anything that "normal" people do, including and especially-contemplative time and solitary study. You are to be engaged with their agenda, not yours.

Let me run down my demographic so that you will also avoid defining yourself to them in this way: Female, White, 48, no children, no spouse/SO, college educated , advanced degree, early retirement professional, victim of Police harassment/violence, from upper social-economic cohort.

Instead, I would have been better off saying I was , "just out of a long term relationship" where I was "contributing as a homemaker and/or a homebased assistant to my professional spouse/SO; No children, he didn't want any". None of that is true in my case, but I saw how that was acceptable and desirable for the staffers in other cases, and they even helped those desirable others get out of the state-and to a person ,those desirables were not "white". Keep in mind that if you are a white single man or woman without children, and are "middle aged" you outta luck for Govt programs. Gotta have kids for almost all of it, until you can draw SS at 67; SS Disability is rigged in this area to those who are related or of a certain race, so forget that, too. Section 8 housing subsidies are available on a 1 year waiting list , minimum and you probably will not qualify if you don't have kids, and are less than 52. I also saw a few of them literally go out and find street drugs, which they do not usually use, ingest them and go to the ER claiming "addiction" while high on this sh*t. These ones were given space in "residential programs" for addiction ranging from 30 days to 1 year.

Food and Clothing are usually available in these places in grotesque proportions relative to the opportunity to escape your situation anytime soon. Get some nice, durable clothing and SHOES, SHOES,SHOES. You will not be able to purchase shoes, and shoes are what you will need; shoes are also in short supply at the shelters relative to other clothing. Gotta be versatile and durable, and you can only carry so many pairs in your stuff. Try getting anywhere without shoes, or getting any "job" either. Also, get food stamps ASAP and a welfare phone-forget "normal". You can purchase organics, trade for cash at 50 cents/Dollar with the food stamps;phone you must have to make inquiry of any kind, or to get a"job". You must have an address to get all, so while you can, use the shelter for this one thing- an address.. it's vital to have at least the first two things; EBT and Phone. These folks don't like you using the computer either, especially if it's your own laptop. Library, library, library... of course, the Library folks will know you are homeless and that is troublesome , too because they will question you about the address you are using for your Library Card , which you need so that you can have access to the Public Access computer area and the network key.

There is much, much more that I can share as precautionary information and I will , time permitting. Suffice to say, this should be the last option if you find yourself homeless. Salvation Army and the like are much, much too dangerous for single WOMEN and FILTHY to boot; don't even think about it. Basically, if they mention "Christ" or use it in their name....run, fast and don't look back because they likely will send someone after you..like the Police, if you disagree with them in anyway about anything. God forbid one of these folks makes the lay diagnosis that you are "mentally ill". Don't talk to them about anything, because they will attempt to do so.

I will add more as I am able, but I hope this cursory amount of information will help someone who may be suffering in this situation. This is not conjecture, this is what I survived and this what I KNOW is true.

:cool2:
-LjRoxArk

I've Worked Around A Couple Of Guys That Enjoy The 'Homeless' Life-Style.
They Are Both Older, And Unencumbered Of Responsibilities.

They Collect Their Pay At The End Of The Week Like Anyone Else.
They Know Were All The Men's Shelters And Meal Kitchens Are. They Use Public Transport.
Their Weekly Expenses Are About $50. They Can Bank The Rest.
They've Both Been At It For Over 5yrs.

I Have No Idea What Their Bank Accounts Look Like.

A Head Of An Oklahoma City Charity Said On A Radio Interview:
NEVER Give Money To A Pan-Handler, Panhandling IS Their Full-Time Job.
They Pull Down Plenty, And Society Pays Their Bills.

I Sure The Limousine Beggar Is A Myth
But As With Mary Kay Or AMWAY
Ya Never Know...

Thanks for some of the stories above.

Here is a recent article/video that concerns our misdirected societal and empathetic judgements:

_http://livefreelivenatural.com/real-homeless-man-experiment/

Are we judging others without even realizing it?

Perception is everything. From the clothes we pick out in the morning to the people we associate ourselves with on a daily basis, so many of the decisions we make every day are subconsciously based on how we want the rest society to view us. Some of us may scoff at those whom we perceive have more than us, while others will admire and look up to decadency. Whether we know it or not, we are all judging others based on the superficial.

Do you consider yourself a generous person?

Would you be more willing to give to the less fortunate based on appearance alone? Most people believe they are the exception. We tell ourselves that we will lend a helping hand to everyone equally, but is that actually true?

Do we really treat everyone equally when we think no one is watching? The results may very well shock and make you re-think how you view others.

https://youtu.be/w1rwRT229Uo?feature=player_detailpage

A beautiful story out of England:

Homeless Man Offers Student All His Money To Get Her A Taxi. Now She's Thanking Him In A Big Way
_http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/18/student-homeless-man-robbie-dominique-harrison-bentzen_n_6344330.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

The story begins in early December. It was about 3 a.m. and Harrison-Bentzen was panicking. “I came out after a student night out … [and] realized I didn’t have any battery on my phone, I’d lost my friends,” the 22-year-old told BBC Radio 5. She’d also lost her bank card, she discovered, and she had no money. “How am I going to afford a taxi?” she asked herself.

Just then, a homeless man, known only as Robbie, approached the young woman and asked her if she needed help. He proceeded to reach into his pocket and pull out all the money he had -- loose change amounting to about $4.60. He insisted that Harrison-Bentzen take it to pay for a taxi so she’d get home safe. It was, it seems, all the money Robbie had.

Harrison-Bentzen, a student at the University of Central Lancashire in Preston, England, says she refused to take Robbie’s money and found another way to get home. But following her encounter with the generous man, she says she couldn’t get him out of her mind.

For the next few days, the student searched for Robbie, driving around the streets with her mom and using social media in an attempt locate the man. In that time, Harrison-Bentzen says she learned more about Robbie and discovered that he actually had a reputation for helping strangers. For example, the student said in a Dec. 9 Facebook post that Robbie had been known to return wallets “untouched to pedestrians” and “offering his scarf to keep people warm.”

Finally, after four days of driving around Preston, Harrison-Bentzen found Robbie. “I was beginning to lose hope that I would see him again, to thank him personally for his kindness,” she said, per The Telegraph.

Harrison-Bentzen was determined to do something to help change Robbie’s life. To “help him,” she said, as he had “helped many others.”

So, earlier this month, the student launched a fundraising campaign in Robbie’s name. She explained that she would be spending 24 hours on the streets, so as to “understand the difficulties” that the homeless face on a daily basis.

“Please sponsor me $4.60 -- as Robbie attempted to give me his only $4.60,” Harrison-Bentzen wrote in the campaign description, adding that the money raised would go to helping Robbie get an apartment. “Together our small act of kindness can change someone's life this Christmas and finally get him off the streets safe and warm.”

Harrison-Bentzen, who spent the night on the streets on Tuesday this week -- an experience she called "far harder" than expected, says she had initially hoping to raise about $780 with her campaign. Her expectations, however, were quickly blown out of the water.

Her story quickly went viral, touching the hearts of people in all corners of the globe.

As of Thursday morning, 4,800 people have donated almost $50,000.

"It just keeps on coming in," Harrison-Bentzen said of the outpouring of support, per The Telegraph. "The fundraising site keeps crashing because everybody is trying to get on to it." She added that she was blown away by the response.

Harrison-Bentzen says she’s currently seeking advice as to how the money should be distributed. Some of it, she told BBC Radio 5, will go to providing Robbie with a home; she hopes to use the rest to support other homeless individuals in the Preston area.

Ultimately, Harrison-Bentzen says she hopes her story will inspire others to be kind to those around them and to pay it forward when they can.

"I hope my campaign will help people think a little more about the people around them, Christmas is a good time to think about other people,” the student told The Mirror. "If people can see what I am doing then maybe they can take the time to just stop and talk to a homeless person, hear their story.”

Woodsman said:
Thank you all for these reminders and insights. Shocks to the system. It's painful to read about such awful things happening. Internment camps for the poor? How does one find work or education or any kind of opportunity if nobody is allowed to even leave such a place?

With no provisions of that sort, putting humans in camps is nothing more than a barely disguised psychopathic act; treating them as garbage. Human landfill. Deliberate culling,
which I can almost hear the pundits puffing about with satisfaction while blustering on about social Darwinism and other patently false notions. Those of 'superior stock' would be just as lost with their gifted advantages pulled from beneath their feet.

I have to remind myself, that a large percentage of "Homelessness" is due to "Social and Political Reform Programs" set up by Governmental Bureaucrats and Agencies, specifically to produce the outcome we're witnessing on a larger scale, through out the United States. The fact that many volunteers and organizations have been fined for feeding the homeless and many States have passed Law's, regulating where and what is allowed, under the term "Homeless," is now compounded in a choice between going to jail or "a Camp." Which begs the question, "Are we - a civilized species or just domestic cattle?"

On the flip side, the same forces are at work, flooding our Country with illegal immigrants and ignoring Policies and Law's, they themselves have instigated and enforced in past generations. One Policy was to build and stabilize (and control) a new Government, the United States of America. What started out as a promise for "freedom" devolved into a Corporation, The UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. From that point on, they have used increment steps to decentralize and break down the stabilization of our Country and it's citizens.

We're now in an end-game, where sovereignty of States is to be broken up, with "Communities within Communities" to join an ever expanding International Consortium. Rightful citizens are being tossed aside and denied more of their sovereign rights, while illegal immigrants are integrated into "Welcoming Communities" and assisted with Social Services (Welfare), immigrant rights attorneys, interpreters, and advocates “to make sure immigrants have what they need." Plus, help with job placement agencies.

Sadly, George Soros is behind "Communities within Communities."

Anonymous – Homeless people in the United States deported to camps
http://www.fromthetrenchesworldreport.com/anonymous-homeless-people-in-the-united-states-deported-to-camps/130229#more-130229

Video Published on May 22, 2014 _https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkzpKptavkc

It begins with the homeless. Then another group, then another, Until, well, just remember Germany. It isn’t pretty!

According to MSN, the Columbia City Council unanimously approved the plan, creating special police patrols, that would enforce “quality of life” laws, involving loitering, public urination, and other crimes not necessarily restricted to the homeless population.

Those officers would then offer the homeless a choice:

Go to jail for their homelessness or be shuffled to a 240-bed, 24-hour shelter on the outskirts of town, which they wouldn’t be allowed to easily leave.

According to the Activist Post, the Columbia South Carolina plan is already complete with an urgent Emergency Homeless Response report. And that report includes information about hauling the homeless away in transport vans to an already stationed shelter with workers, phone number for townspeople to report “the person in need,” an officer stationed to control foot traffic, public feeding moved there, more foot patrol officers for the city to keep out the homeless. Oh, and the homeless can’t walk off the premises!

If they want to leave, they must get permission, set up an appointment and be shuttled by a transport van. A patrolman will guard the road leading in to make sure homeless don’t wander off downtown.

Ex-prisoners will be shuttled there unless someone picks them up from the county jail. No foot traffic allowed, only shuttle van arrival. The plan is a city plan and not a federal government plan.

But this is not the only area making it a crime for being homeless. It turns out that since 2011, the city of Boston is moving its homeless out of the city into what they call “Home Base”, near Salem, away from the city. People in Southern California, were getting concerned from homeless disappearing off the streets.

Most of the homeless in places like Sacramento, are taken and driven out of town in tent cities of their own. They have made it a crime to be homeless, and round them up and move them there. They are guarded, and people have hotlines to call if they spot a homeless person. They ship them out and place them in these camps. They are not permitted to leave, and they are not permitted to wander the streets of the bigger cities without a permit.
If that is not a determent camp, I don’t know what is.

They are moving to make it a crime to be homeless in Miami as well. Where are they putting the people from these “round ups”?

This is almost like the 1940’s rounding up of the undesirables, happening right before our very eyes. The only thing different is, that this is the United States, and not Germany.

Now we have the cutting of EBT, and Food Banks by 5 Billion. Unemployment continuing to sky rocket, and over 3.5 million homeless with the numbers growing daily. We have 18.5 million vacant homes, and homes in Detroit, that are being sold for a dollar, but we can’t find places to house people other then FEMA camps? I think we all know what happens from here, if we continue to let it.

When the people of bigger cities wake up to find that all the homeless have disappeared over night, you actually know where they are. The question is, are you next?

In closing, I want to remind you all that there are 3.5 million homeless in the US, and 18.5 million vacant homes. So, can anyone tell me why do we keep voting, if politicians can never fix any of the real problems of our society? This system is corrupt and obsolete, and it has to go!

Obama demands 'welcoming' for illegals - 'Centralized' plan needed to 'take care of their needs'
http://www.wnd.com/2015/04/obama-demands-welcoming-for-illegals/#fscZ08mduPlf9r4D.99

Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - President Obama’s White House Task Force on New Americans unveiled its recommendations Friday for a national strategy to “integrate” millions of immigrants and refugees into “welcoming communities” across the U.S.

Obama created the task force Nov. 21 when he announced his plan to unilaterally grant amnesty to more than 5 million illegal immigrants and child migrants. His administration is also bringing in 70,000 foreign refugees per year from places like Iraq, Somalia, Bhutan, Burma and Syria.

Friday’s conference was titled “The New National Integration Plan: Making the Most of a Historic Opportunity.”

Muñoz said it was important for the federal government to standardize, set benchmarks and “measure successes,” ensuring states and localities create the desired “welcoming communities” for immigrants and refugees.

Eva Millona, co-chair of National Partnership for New Americans, a coalition of 34 organizations involved in everything from protecting immigrant rights to providing social services, echoed the call for a strong federal role.

Millona said the 34 organizations affiliated with the National Partnership for New Americans already have “boots on the ground” in 29 states, including all manner of service providers, immigrant rights attorneys, interpreters, and advocates “to make sure immigrants have what they need.”

Global integration zones are seen as the new economic unit, transcending national borders and linking specialized economic functions such as transportation. Workers freely cross in and out of a country to work in the zone.

Kevin Appleby, director of immigration and migration services for the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, stood up Friday and urged Obama’s team to include “faith-based” organizations in its integration plans. The Conference of Catholic Bishops is one of nine primary resettlement agencies that contract with the federal government to resettle refugees in America. The Lutherans, Episcopalians, evangelicals and Reform Jewish groups are also running resettlement agencies funded largely by federal grants.

Planting ‘seedlings’ - plans to plant “seedlings” of immigrant populations into “receiving communities” that would be cultivated into fertile “soil.”

The idea was that the seedlings would sprout and grow into communities within communities. This is “integration.” The soil, meaning the community, needed to be changed to accommodate the needs of the seedlings, rather than the other way around. Eventually, the mature seedlings would take over the host community.

Billionaire George Soros

Preparing the receiving communities requires agitators on the ground at the local level. Their role is to combat any push back that might be encountered from local residents.

One big player in this propaganda war is Welcoming America, which was started with seed money from billionaire George Soros. Its stated mission is to work at the grassroots level, setting up “welcoming communities” in cities and counties across the U.S. Soros’s Open Society Institute granted the organization $150,000 in December 2010.

The group’s website describes its mission as a “collaborative that promotes mutual respect and cooperation between foreign-born and U.S.-born Americans. Through a countrywide network of member organizations and partners, Welcoming America works to promote a welcoming atmosphere – community by community – in which immigrants and native born residents can find common ground and shared prosperity.”

Another player in funding the propaganda war is the New York-based JM Kaplan Fund

This organization’s mission is to “ensure that immigrants capitalize on measures designed to allow them to live and work in the United States without fear of deportation; and encourage the development of robust immigrant integration agendas at the local, state and federal levels,” according to its website.

A check of Kaplan’s list of grants for 2013 shows $145,000 sent to Welcoming America for general operations and $15,000 to the Migration Policy Institute for “Refugee Resettlement: Strengthening the System and Containing the Backlash.”

Welcoming America avoids the politics of specifics immigration policies, targeting instead the “social and cultural fears” suffered by Americans in “changing communities,” Lubell told Huffington Post. Of course, the people in these communities are never told that the changes being wrought upon them are being centrally planned by bureaucrats in Washington and the resettlement agencies that contract with the government, taking in millions in federal grant money.

The White House report encourages every community in every state to establish an immigration integration plan.

Refugee Resettlement Watch
_https://refugeeresettlementwatch.wordpress.com/category/resettlement-cities/

angelburst29 said:
Homelessness-

It perplexes me, that Million's of dollars have recently been allocated for illegal immigration breeching our Border's, yet fellow citizen's and Vet's have been ignored and neglected. There's more wrong with our Society then check and balances? Things have been spinning out of control and it's only a matter of time before we, ourselves, find ourselves displaced and homeless.

When do we wake-up!?

This is what bothers me the most, that every body takes the illegal immigration as an scape goat for everything, my guess is there is no knowledge about why, why so many people come to this country illegally, living in a third world country is not good at all, you have no idea where your next meal will come, there would not be such quantity of illegal people if, just if the TPB would not ask for lots of requisites to get here legally, if people had, properties, bank accounts, there would be no reason for them to come here, but no.... there is no way any of those poor people would have them to make it legally.
Not to mentioned the main reason third world countries are the way they're in, and it because of TPB.
so, I don't think only homeless suffer because it is not, illegal people too, :cool2:

This young couple were expecting their third child, when they became homeless and put what little they could gather to purchase a used RV to live in, until their financial situation improved. CPS entered the scene and nearly destroyed the Family, as a whole.

Breastfed Babies Kidnapped by CPS Because Parents were “Homeless” Living out of RV
http://healthimpactnews.com/2015/breastfed-babies-kidnapped-by-cps-because-parents-were-homeless-living-out-of-rv/

Wed. May 6, 2015 - Amber is one of those free-spirited people who takes even incredible hardships and turns them into adventures, inspiring others in the process. When her young family wound up homeless, through no fault of their own, she and her husband Krishna Mehta made the best of it. Their children didn’t even know that they were homeless; they thought that they were having great adventures and making lots of friends.

This latest chapter in their saga, however, is a nightmare, and the rainbow is really hard to find in the storm that Child Protective Services has allegedly brought into their lives. Their children, ages 6, almost 2, and 9 months, have been seized by CPS and placed into 3 different foster homes. The two babies were still being breastfed. Social services has gone so far as to accuse Amber of having a mental disorder because she is “homeless.”

Their homelessness was not by choice. Last spring the family was living in a small town in Missouri. Krishna was working, and Amber was a stay-at-home mom and childbirth doula. They were expecting baby Mira to make her appearance soon by mid-summer.

Then, they got a call that changed everything. Krishna’s mother’s cancer had come back with a vengeance. The doctors gave her just weeks to live. Krishna, a dual Irish-American citizen, and Amber scrambled to pull resources together to get to Oregon, hoping to see her before she died, and let her see the children. They drove cross-country, but arrived too late. She was gone.

The plan had been to stay at her house, have an unassisted homebirth, or “freebirth” in Oregon, and go back to the midwest when they got back on their feet. But life didn’t work out that way. Mira was born peacefully at the end of July, at home with her family. But shortly after that, they found themselves with no place to live.

They sank what money they had left into an RV and made the best of their situation.

Winter was coming on fast, and it was expected to be a cold one. An RV in Oregon was no place to live. They headed south, stopping in various places {...}

About the same time that the medical kidnapping story of Erica May and Cleave Rengo’s homebirthed, breastfed babies went viral (original story here), at Thanksgiving 2014, the Mehta’s began having troubles of their own in LA – mechanical troubles. They had heard of “Slab City,” billed both as one of the largest “homeless encampments” in the country, and a “free RV oasis” in the California desert. Though they were hesitant to take their family, they were at a point where they didn’t really know what else to do. When they received a warm invitation from a friend who was a full-time “Slabber,” they accepted. They were pleasantly surprised to be welcomed into a community of support, which included other families with children.

While the Mehtas lived in their RV, they shared resources and meals with others in the community, and fell into a routine as they decided to basically stay put for the winter. They sometimes ventured into larger cities nearby in the effort to make money.

Amber reports that she was just beginning to feel that they would get ahead, and had even posted such on her Facebook page, when the storm clouds came rolling in again, and CPS entered their lives January 31, 2015.

Comment - the remainder of the article gets very involved - with CPS "needlessly" putting the Family through a tremendous experience and separating their three children, into three different foster homes, before getting them back.

Their ordeal seems to suggest, the Family was "targeted" by the CPS because Amber had "home birth's" and breast fed her children and none were vaccinated.

Xico said:
angelburst29 said:
Homelessness-

It perplexes me, that Million's of dollars have recently been allocated for illegal immigration breaching our Border's, yet fellow citizen's and Vet's have been ignored and neglected. There's more wrong with our Society then check and balances? Things have been spinning out of control and it's only a matter of time before we, ourselves, find ourselves displaced and homeless.

When do we wake-up!?

This is what bothers me the most, that every body takes the illegal immigration as an scape goat for everything, my guess is there is no knowledge about why, why so many people come to this country illegally, living in a third world country is not good at all, you have no idea where your next meal will come, there would not be such quantity of illegal people if, just if the TPB would not ask for lots of requisites to get here legally, if people had, properties, bank accounts, there would be no reason for them to come here, but no.... there is no way any of those poor people would have them to make it legally.
Not to mentioned the main reason third world countries are the way they're in, and it because of TPB.
so, I don't think only homeless suffer because it is not, illegal people too, :cool2:

Xico, in your statements above, who's "every body"? Then you reconcile "illegal immigration" as an escape goat for everything, then place the blame solely on "the TPB?" The contents of your Post give the impression "of someone defending a position?"

Homelessness can happen to anyone, any place, any time and it does create it's own level of suffering, depending on the circumstances and the intricacies involved. In some cases, it's by our own hand, by making unwise decisions. Other times, through no fault of our own.

Every Country has Borders and Law's that govern them. That's where different types of Visa's come into play. For the most part, there are valid reasons for those laws and enforcing them. By Law, Illegal - anything (person, product, substance, etc.), is still defined as "illegal" until steps are taken to change that status.

Consider the article below with an increase of about 51 million immigrants (legal and illegal) pouring over a border into "any Country" within a short span of time and consider the detrimental implications to it's economic, financial and the infrastructure of the host Country?

Census: Record 51 million immigrants in 8 years, will account for 82% of U.S. growth
_http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/census-record-51-million-immigrants-in-8-years-will-account-for-82-of-u.s.-growth/article/2563463

Legal and illegal immigrants will hit a record high of 51 million in just eight years and eventually account for an astounding 82 percent of all population growth in America, according to new U.S. Census figures.

“These numbers have important implications for workers, schools, infrastructure, congestion and the environment,” said Steven Camarota, the center’s director of research. “They also may have implications for our ability to successfully assimilate and integrate immigrants. Yet there has been almost no national debate about bringing in so many people legally each year, which is the primary factor driving these numbers.”

Those numbers are likely to shake up Washington’s political debate over the 12 million illegals in America, the expected 70,000 expected to pour over the border this year and the 4.4 million legal immigrants on a State Department waiting list who have relatives or jobs in the U.S.

Back
Top Bottom