Horowitz Lyme-MSIDS questionnaire

I scored a 10.

What's the difference between 'no' and 'not applicable'? I can see how it would be appropriate for the questions related to gender but for all of them? Does checking either change the scoring?

Odyssey said:
I scored a 10.

What's the difference between 'no' and 'not applicable'? I can see how it would be appropriate for the questions related to gender but for all of them? Does checking either change the scoring?
I got 10 too.

Pete said:
Thanks for the quiz Aragorn!

I scored a 16.

I scored at 16 as well. Am wondering though, about the subjectivity of responses. I think some people are more sensitive and pay attention to slight changes in their physical health, while others tend to ignore / overlook certain physical manifestations as just being part of life - particularly if these things are longstanding and not terribly debilitating. So, am not sure just how accurate having a low number really is.

aleana said:
Pete said:
Thanks for the quiz Aragorn!

I scored a 16.

I scored at 16 as well. Am wondering though, about the subjectivity of responses. I think some people are more sensitive and pay attention to slight changes in their physical health, while others tend to ignore / overlook certain physical manifestations as just being part of life - particularly if these things are longstanding and not terribly debilitating. So, am not sure just how accurate having a low number really is.

16 here also

I've got 72, but it reflects the Herx reactions of the past month. Symptoms are getting better, slowly but surely :)

I scored 20, which is not surprising as Australia is not known for Lyme disease, although we do have ticks.
Maybe old age counts for something..

I scored 19.

There was some Cornelian's choice like question 4:

unexplained hair loss

I certainly have hair loss. Some will explain it by genetics as my father and my brother have also hair loss.

So "none" could be a logical answer (i.e it is not an unexplained hair loss)

But "mild" or "moderate" could be a reasonable answer as I seem to have more hair loss than my brother witch is 2 years older than me.

I did answer : not applicable.

Adaryn said:
NewMexicoArt said:
My score was 52. No sign of tick bite, but i think i have chronic autoimmune problems showing up as bronchitis, etc. thanks for the test, Aragorn.

As far as tick bites are concerned, one can be bitten and not / never be aware of it:

Victims of tick bites are often unaware, as the parasites inject painkilling agents called kininases in their saliva.

Sometimes people are surprised to find a tick (or ticks) attached to them after a walk in nature, because they didn't feel the bite at all.

What would the Dr do? test for the antibodies?

Apparently, there are a lot of false negatives, so it seems testing is not a 100% reliable method:

What many people do not know is that when you are tested for Lyme disease through a hospital or commercial lab throughout the country, there is a 2-step process (most doctors do not tell this to their patients). First, the lab will perform the Lyme enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) to screen for Lyme disease. If you test positive on the ELISA test, they will then perform the Western Blot test. Now, why this 2-step process is so flawed is that the ELISA blood test is known to miss 50% of the cases due to the assay’s lack of sensitivity and variability with antibiotic treatment. So, if you don’t test positive on the ELISA, then they will not perform the Western Blot test. But it gets better! The Western Blot test itself is flawed as well:

_http://mylymediseasetreatment.com/lyme-disease-general/why-all-the-false-negative-test-results-in-lyme-disease-testing/
Thank you, Adaryn, very useful information. i am reading more on lyme disease now. i have been reading the AUTOIMMUNE DISEASES CAUSED BY INFECTIONS thread since it started, looking for suggestions for a friend with fibromyalgia. i was surprised to find so many seemingly random symptoms that applied to me. i have had chronic problems for over 10 years that doctors could not find a cure and different diagnosis. will have to try to find a reasonable treatment myself.

must gain knowledge - knowledge protects.

thanks for posting this Aragorn - I scored a 20; just on the borderline...

I think I got a higher score because of the fatigue and joint/muscle pain questions - which are much better now since I have been donating blood; I had high iron levels, and have donated blood twice in the last 6 months; got to check my ferritin levels again too...

Eboard10 said:
Keyhole said:
Thanks Aragorn.

My score was 22 and it said the same thing for me:

Same here, got 25. Not high but still with a chance of having a tick-borne disorder.

With a score between 21 and 45, you possibly have a tick-borne disorder and should see a health-care provider for further evaluation.
Ditto, my score was 24.

I scored a 34.

My guess is that the 'not applicable' options like could be chosen with the gender related and alcohol questions are probably factored differently.

Back
Top Bottom