How machiavellian are you?

Your score was 43 of 100.

This puts you in the category of the low Machs, people who will hold out for the goodness of the world and avoid manipulation. Not the people Machiavelli would approve of.

Score : 45.
But there is a question, i don't know if i understood : " Most people who get ahead in the world lead clean, moral lives. "
What does it means ?

Well my first thought was, if there was a real machiavellian fella in the forum, he would not answer to the questions leading to a honest score, more like answering to get a low score but anyways.

"Your score was 58 of 100.

This puts you in the category of the low Machs, people who will hold out for the goodness of the world and avoid manipulation. Not the people Machiavelli would approve of. "

MACH.png

Prometeo said:
Well my first thought was, if there was a real machiavellian fella in the forum, he would not answer to the questions leading to a honest score, more like answering to get a low score but anyways.

"Your score was 58 of 100.

This puts you in the category of the low Machs, people who will hold out for the goodness of the world and avoid manipulation. Not the people Machiavelli would approve of. "

MACH.png

Yeah that would be the case judging by the questions. I tend to choose the extreme ends for most of these like tests (ie either strongly disagree or strongly agree), but it's my sincere view, and well it could show a black and white style of thinking which ain't so good yet something for me to reflect on. Anyways mine was 31, which is a fair bit lower but might reflect that tendency.

My score was 50 out of 100, the low Machs. :)

This puts you in the category of the low Machs, people who will hold out for the goodness of the world and avoid manipulation. Not the people Machiavelli would approve of.

sebbe said:
But there is a question, i don't know if i understood : " Most people who get ahead in the world lead clean, moral lives. "
What does it means ?

I disagreed with that statement. My thinking was that in today's world very few people who lead clean and moral lives can get ahead and do well in life. Being that the statement said most I had imagined the people who are running the show and with all the corruption on the planet I came to the conclusion that no, most are not leading clean and moral lives.

Pete said:
sebbe said:
What does it means ?

I disagreed with that statement. My thinking was that in today's world very few people who lead clean and moral lives can get ahead and do well in life. Being that the statement said most I had imagined the people who are running the show and with all the corruption on the planet I came to the conclusion that no, most are not leading clean and moral lives.

That one tripped me up too. I ended up going with neutral. My reasoning was, based on the way the question was asked, with no reference to the material here, the majority have no understanding of moral in the true sense of the word. I also thought that getting ahead was probably being used in the the materialistic sense. If that was the case, we all know that psychopaths tend to rise to the top. However, if others have an aim outside of materialism, then their definition of getting ahead would not apply. But, as we have seen here, people who are trying to be moral and have deeper aims are getting ahead in a different sense. Hence, my neutral response.

If I had answered it in the way I felt best went with the question in the way it was asked, it would have probably been strongly disagree which would have then scored me higher for mach traits. Sigh. :)

Daenerys said:
Pete said:
sebbe said:
What does it means ?

That one tripped me up too. I ended up going with neutral. My reasoning was, based on the way the question was asked, with no reference to the material here, the majority have no understanding of moral in the true sense of the word. I also thought that getting ahead was probably being used in the the materialistic sense. If that was the case, we all know that psychopaths tend to rise to the top. However, if others have an aim outside of materialism, then their definition of getting ahead would not apply. But, as we have seen here, people who are trying to be moral and have deeper aims are getting ahead in a different sense. Hence, my neutral response.

If I had answered it in the way I felt best went with the question in the way it was asked, it would have probably been strongly disagree which would have then scored me higher for mach traits. Sigh. :)

I took that one as getting ahead meaning what I value as getting ahead more in terms of self development. I don't believe people who steam roll over others to gain materially have any lasting sense of joy in their lives, so I reckon they don't get ahead in a true sense. But I can see how it can be taken in completely the opposite way.

Your score was 60 of 100.

I don't have a problem with being disapproved of by Machiavelli! :D

"Your score was 49 of 100. This puts you in the category of the low Machs" Thanks for test)

My score:

Your score was 41 of 100.

It's nice to be on the disapproved list. :lol:

Pete said:
sebbe said:
What does it means ?

My score is 45 too.

First i couldn't decide what answer to choose with that statement as well, but then i agreed with it. My reasoning was like " well according to me to get ahead in the world doesn't mean to be rich, famous, a political leader etc. but to achieve knowing yourself, being yourself, gathering knowledge, getting closer to objective love&truth etc., in short making some progress on the values also encouraged in this forum.
But maybe i misinterpreted the statement because of language reasons.

Back
Top Bottom