How machiavellian are you?

"Your score was 58 of 100.

This puts you in the category of the low Machs, people who will hold out for the goodness of the world and avoid manipulation. Not the people Machiavelli would approve of."

Mine is 60 of 100.

Your score was 60 of 100.

This puts you in the category of the low Machs, people who will hold out for the goodness of the world and avoid manipulation. Not the people Machiavelli would approve of.

I also think that there are some statements there that can be seen as Machiavellian, but are acceptable within strategic enclosure or external consideration. It's the intent that counts. Environment that a person currently is part of also plays a big role.

There is something wrong with this test. No way no one else got a High Mach value.

I am currently sitting on a 65 after the first go. What is this all about? Others are languishing on the lower end, this is crazy. And if you look at the graph, given how many have taken it now, I think there should be others on greater than 60 less than 75 range.

I scored 65, which the test calls High Mach(iavellian). I don't put much trust in the test, though, because the questions are all generalizations and it's easy to come down on either side of most of them. That is a characteristic of a lot of psychological testing, including many sociological study instruments like this.

Machiavelli himself might not have believed many of the things he wrote. After all, he wrote his principal text, The Prince, as what was essentially a job application letter to a despotic Italian Renaissance ruler. Since he was unemployed at the time and desperately seeking a position as an advisor in that prince's court, he could have simply written what he imagined that very self-interested and fearful ruler believed.

It was perhaps rather good advice to a insecure autocrat lording over a small city state, at a time when most such politicians left office quite precipitously, and feet first.

Your score was 48 of 100.

This puts you in the category of the low Machs, people who will hold out for the goodness of the world and avoid manipulation. Not the people Machiavelli would approve of.

:rockon:

The mine is : score was 50 of 100.

A graph of how others who have taken this have scores is below. These scores should not be taken as population norms though, the people who seek out tests of machivellianism on the internet are most likely not representative.

I got 51. I would have preferred to score lower than that but I had to try and be honest with myself.

Back
Top Bottom