How machiavellian are you?

At first I got a 63 (high Machs), but when I didn't answer anything neutrally (a lot of the responses to the questions depend on context and to keep strategic enclosure, as others have mentioned), I got a 52 (low Machs).

For the second test, with neutrality I got:

Narcissism: 1.8

Machiavellianism: 1.4

Psychopathy: 1.2

And without neutrality, 1.3, 1.2, and 0.9, respectively (though I may have changed my mind on some questions).

Narcissism 1

Machiavellianism 1.2

Psychopathy 0.7

My higher score there prompts me to share what's going on with that.

Their definition, "Psychopathy reflects shallow emotional responses. The relative lack of emotions leads results in high stress tolerance, low empathy, little guilt and leads them to seek extremely stimulating activities, resulting in impusivity and a disposition towards interpersonal conflict." They spelled impusivity like that. So I'll just leave that alone.

So relating to myself, I'm use to high stress situations and that probably leads to a high stress tolerance. I also do try to control emotions and keep them in check, think things through and not let emotions rule me.

Low empathy...I have little empathy for those who always whine mostly to get attention. I do have a great deal of empathy for those deserving it.

Little guilt...well when you think thinks through and feel you made the best decision you can make there isn't much to feel guilty about. Nope don't get upset over eating the chocolate cake. I take responsibility for eating it. ;-) No need to cry about it.

Leads me to extremely stimulating activities...I love research, and that stimulates me to think more. I tend to read both sides of the argument, and to me that's stimulating. Extreme? I suppose if you like to work your brains. To each their own on what stimulates them I suppose. I don't do many physically stimulating activities anymore. Use to love to hike, swim across a lake. Even swim out across a lake to touch the frozen ice in the middle during the spring thaw. That was a bit extreme. But not anymore. Nope don't like roller coasters.

Interpersonal conflict...I respect what others think, and when hearing theirs views I try to put myself in their shoes and see things from their point of view. I don't have to agree with them all the time, and will express that. But no need to argue too much and get hot about it, hopefully truth wins out. When in that mode the most aggressive I get is if I feel the need to defend my opinion I search for facts to back up my views. Can't find them, they win I lose. Find them, then continue discussion. "Conflict", like yell and scream, cry, name call, whatever...no need, f they're not open to alternative views to their own, there's no point.

Narcissism: 0.6
Machiavellianism: 1.2
Psychopathy: 0.7

MACH-IV test of Machiavellianism.

Your score was 47 of 100.

This puts you in the category of the low Machs, people who will hold out for the goodness of the world and avoid manipulation. Not the people Machiavelli would approve of.

Dark Triad Personality

Narcissism 2
Machiavellianism 0.9
Psychopathy 0.4

My score was 60 of 100.

Narcissism 2.1
Machiavellianism 1.7
Psychopathy 1.4

Dark Triad Personality
(scores are between 0 and 4, percentile is what percent of people you score higher than)

Narcissism 1.1 - (4.4 percentile)
Machiavellianism 1.8 - (26 percentile)
Psychopathy 1.5 - (30.6 percentile)

For the MACH-IV test I got ...

Your score was 63 of 100.

This puts you in the category of the high Machs, people who do not belive in the goodness of the world [around you] and that because that it must be manipulated, people who Machiavelli would approve of.

For the Dark Triad test I got ...

Narcissism :: 3.1
Machiavellianism :: 1.9
Psychopathy :: 1.6

Some of the questions are obviously slanted though in their outcome, like Barnum was right when he said a sucker was born every minute. Well, the world is full of foolish people, so it's hard to disagree with that. But then questions about should I or do I believe that manipulating people or telling them what they want to hear is the best approach, I strongly disagreed. I felt like I was being tugged at two ends, do I believe people are able to be manipulated, yes, do I think they should, no. However, sometimes you are forced to in order to put food on the table, based on the limitations of the people who control your paycheck. The world is not some rosy place where goodness and kindness fills the hearts of all men. You can't just go around being completely honest with people all the time. Theoretically that is the best policy, and it would be nice to just be honest, but woe unto him who actually thinks that's how one gets through life on this planet. The questions about morality probably got me a bit too. I don't understand the concept. It seems to entail judging ones actions by how others (your social circle) would judge you. Had they replaced morality with conscientiousness those questions would've been easier to answer.

I got 56 of 100.

Narcissism 1.1

Machiavellianism 1.6

Psychopathy 0.8

I have a question. After the completion of the actual questions, there was a request to answer questions about how tall someone is, and what surprised me the most was "What is your handedness?" and the choices given were:

N/A.
Right handed.
Left handed.
Ambidextrous.

I didn't really know how to answer this question. When I was a child I was right-handed. The only peculiar thing was that when clapping as in applauding, my left hand always went over my right hand. Over the years, especially, in the last 15 years or so (and this process seems to accelerate) I've noticed that I use my left hand more often and for certain tasks, like holding a cigarette, for example :) I can't say that I'm using right and left hands equally, because I tried writing with my left hand and the results are incomprehensible still, and it's very hard to do.

So, at first, while doing the test I put right handed. Then, I just changed the answers to handedness question putting ambidextrous, or N/a ( I'm not left handed in a usual sense) and the results were the same.

Then, from the article on SOTT "Lefty or Righty? Genes for handedness found" http://www.sott.net/article/266346-Lefty-or-Righty-Genes-for-handedness-found we read

The findings suggest that the same genes that affect the left-hand symmetry of organs in the body also affects the way the brain is wired. That, in turn, affects whether someone's right or left hand is dominant.

"Handedness is an outward reflection of brain asymmetries for motor coordination," Brandler said. "If you're right-handed, it means you're left hemisphere dominant for motor coordination. That's because our brains are cross-wired."

Still, to truly tease out the roots of left-handedness, researchers will need to untangle the role of hundreds of other genes and isolate environmental factors, he said.

Therefore, it maybe that if there are genes that define left or right handedness, they might be subjects to epigenetic changes in the environment (impressions and/or influences) that change wiring of the brain?

Some questions were really hard to answer. For example,

Most people are basically good and kind.

So, what was asked? "Kind" meaning nice? Or 'kind' meaning giving each according to their kind? The second meaning would mean using discernment to give to someone, osit. The questions I couldn't answer I put in neutral category.

Your score was 55 of 100.

This puts you in the category of the low Machs, people who will hold out for the goodness of the world and avoid manipulation. Not the people Machiavelli would approve of.

Back
Top Bottom