Narcissism: 0.9
Machiavellianism 0.7
Psychopathy: 0.1

Your score was 52 of 100.

This puts you in the category of the low Machs
Narcissism 2.3
Machiavellianism 1.5
Psychopathy 0.4

I think on balance the questions are cleverly tuned being designed to detect your core instincts and thinking rather than how you would like to see yourself/be perceived. I found the narcissism result revealing, as my conditioning as a child of an extreme parental narcissist has left deep programming/scars that still need working through.

The bell curve image of the first test is also worth considering despite the website saying it is only reflective of those who chose to do the test. Terrifying to think what those on the right slope, scoring 90+ (with some interesting spikes in numbers there), must be like in the flesh. And when you think of the answers some must have given to get high Psychopathology figures, it makes one shudder! I wonder what they think when they get the results! Hide the proof quick, I suspect...
:)

Narcissism: 0.8

Machiavellianism: 1.9

Psychopathy: 0.8

Very high on Machiavellianism! I had strategic enclosure in mind for a lot of the questions about lying to others or telling them what they want to hear, but I drew the line at hurting others to achieve my own ends.

Olesya said:
<snip>
I have a question. After the completion of the actual questions, there was a request to answer questions about how tall someone is, and what surprised me the most was "What is your handedness?" and the choices given were:

N/A.
Right handed.
Left handed.
Ambidextrous.

I didn't really know how to answer this question. When I was a child I was right-handed. The only peculiar thing was that when clapping as in applauding, my left hand always went over my right hand. Over the years, especially, in the last 15 years or so (and this process seems to accelerate) I've noticed that I use my left hand more often and for certain tasks, like holding a cigarette, for example :) I can't say that I'm using right and left hands equally, because I tried writing with my left hand and the results are incomprehensible still, and it's very hard to do.

So, at first, while doing the test I put right handed. Then, I just changed the answers to handedness question putting ambidextrous, or N/a ( I'm not left handed in a usual sense) and the results were the same.

Then, from the article on SOTT "Lefty or Righty? Genes for handedness found" http://www.sott.net/article/266346-Lefty-or-Righty-Genes-for-handedness-found we read

The findings suggest that the same genes that affect the left-hand symmetry of organs in the body also affects the way the brain is wired. That, in turn, affects whether someone's right or left hand is dominant.

"Handedness is an outward reflection of brain asymmetries for motor coordination," Brandler said. "If you're right-handed, it means you're left hemisphere dominant for motor coordination. That's because our brains are cross-wired."

Still, to truly tease out the roots of left-handedness, researchers will need to untangle the role of hundreds of other genes and isolate environmental factors, he said.

Therefore, it maybe that if there are genes that define left or right handedness, they might be subjects to epigenetic changes in the environment (impressions and/or influences) that change wiring of the brain?
<snip>

I hope I'm not going too far :offtopic: while trying to share some info on your questions, Olesya. I happen to have some personal experience that might be relevant for your inquiry although I cannot answer everything.

First off, my father was left handed by nature originally but got forced in his childhood to do most things right handed (learned response). Later on in life when he gained sufficient independence, he started to change hands so to speak for a growing number of things, like writing, drawing, painting --in short all things that really mattered to him-- but did not do so in trivial matters like brushing teeth, combing hairs, opening and closing doors, and such. You get the picture I hope. In a very peculiar and selective way he effectively had become ambidextrous. He also was extremely 'evenhanded' mentally and emotionally as far as my observations go. Or should I say: focused, observant and centered within, instead?

I myself on the other hand was genetically predisposed right handed and I still do most things with my right hand. But from an early age (8½ yo) I started to learn and play the violin which is a predominantly left hand exercise. I continued playing daily for several hours until about 24 years of age when my student activities no longer permitted me regular practice every day and eventually (very soon really) I had to give up playing the instrument completely as one's skills rapidly deteriorate without sufficient (daily) practice. Nevertheless, I retained a strongly trained left hand which I can use for a number of things other right handers can not do as easily -- but in no way do I consider myself to be ambidextrous. To give just one example: I always use my left hand to control my computer mouse while surfing and browsing, so that I can concurrently note down things with a pencil in my right hand if needed.

I'm sure people who play the piano or any other keyboard instrument with all fingers simultaneously (including typewriters/computers) can relate similar stories.

I presume there are consequences of all this regarding the wiring of the brain but I'm not able to speculate about any of them. Maybe others could?

Finally, I seem to remember to have read long ago some posts from members telling about their experiences with exercises in doing normal things in an off-hand way, so to speak. Little things they normally did right handed were tried to be accomplished with the other hand and vice versa. I did a search for those posts but wasn't successful. Maybe other members have a better recollection than I have and could provide a link? The aim of those exercises was twofold I think: first to realize directly and personally how very mechanical our daily routines are and secondly to try to do things differently in order to break through this mechanical nature of our movements to free up space for rearranging things, or for evolving even if memory serves.

Hope this helps a bit. :)

EDIT: minor spelling.

Narcissism 0.7

Machiavellianism 0.2

Psychopathy 0

Seems consistent with what I know of myself that narcissistic traits are highest and point to my biggest issues to work through. Again, like the previous I tend to take either one or the other end of the spectrum with my answers.

52/100 for the first test.

Second test:

Narcissism: 1.4
Machiavellianism: 1.0
Psychopathy: 0.4

Mine for both tests:

Your score was 54 of 100.

This puts you in the category of the low Machs, people who will hold out for the goodness of the world and avoid manipulation. Not the people Machiavelli would approve of.

Narcissism 1.4
Machiavellian 1.6
Psychopathy .7

Back
Top Bottom