How to interact with other?

Hi, Bjorn.
I agree with Buddy and Deedlet, we are here not to judge you only try to help understanding reality and ourselves.
You are on the right track I think, because you were bothered by you conscience what your"friend" told you.
I remember the C's saying:
"Everything is is lessons".
I try to live my life according to this. My lessons are different but most of us experienced encountering evil or psychopathic, narcissistic people.
Maybe this is your lesson?
Only you know the answer. It is reminded also Laura's book in "The Wave 5" and "Adventures with Cassiopaea", the chapter when she writes about Frank. It is very knowledgeable how she realizes the evil in him, but it took time before she saw the real face of Frank.
If you decide to read it, you can do it here:
http://www.cassiopaea.com/cassiopaea/adventureindex.htm
This is my two cents.

edit: spell

bjorn said:
[quote author=Corto Maltese]Those ‘friends’ are the ‘best’ I ever had. (EXPLAIN?)

He gave me the right shocks in being able to see ‘evil’

[quote author=author]I rather have a bond with hatred. (EXPLAIN?)[/quote]

Shocks=hate/pain=is friction=realizing.

[/quote]

I don't think a shock necessarily has to equal hate. For you to ponder, a quote from Kahlil Gibran:

"Hate is but a dead thing and who among you would be as a tomb?"

Regarding friendship, another quote from Kahlil Gibran for you to ponder:

"Your friend is your needs answered.
He is your field which you sow with love and reap with thanksgiving.
And he is your board and your fireside.
For you come to him with your hunger and you seek him for peace.

When your friend speaks his mind you fear not the 'nay' in your own mind, nor do you withhold the 'ay'.
And when he is silent your heart ceases not to listen to his heart;
For without words, in friendship, all thoughts, all desires, all expectations are born and shared, with joy that is unacclaimed.

When you part from your friend, you grieve not;
For that which you love most in him may be clearer in his absence, as the mountain to the climber is clearer from the plain.

And let there be no purpose in friendship save the deepening of the spirit.
For love that seeks aught but the disclosure of its own mystery is not love but a net cast forth: and only the unprofitable is caught.

And let your best be for your friend.
If he must know the ebb of your tide, let him know its flood also.
For what is your friend that you should seek him with hours to kill?
Seek him always with hours to live.
For it is his to fill your need, but not your emptiness.

And in the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter, and sharing of pleasures.
For in the dew of little things the heart finds its morning and is refreshed."

Kahlil Gibran - The Prophet

bjorn said:
Because I am unable to reach them. Somehow I feel guilty with being with them. I do not feel the same with those ‘psychopathic’ people. I feel like I have nothing to lose against them.

Why do you feel guilty? Guilty because you think that you know something and they don't?

bjorn said:
I wouldn’t know. I am dyslexic. It may not be the same for all who suffer from it. But part of mine autistic ‘weakness’ is, to just give one example, seeing the difference between ‘present time’ and ‘past time’. And that’s just basic. I have to know which words are. I have a hard time by actually learning this. The why. I can but it may be your explanation and how your mind may work it does not for mine. I have to translate it for my own.

Reading and writing. It takes a lot of time for me. It’s annoying.

I find it interesting that I've met many Dutch people who are dyslexic. If you have any burning questions about the language I can help you with that. My English isn't that perfect as well, but I think I could help you with some things, using the Dutch language (I speak Dutch as well).
So if you need help you can make a thread and ask your questions there about the language and I'll try to help you, if you want. :)

I also think it's great that even though it is annoying to you, you still take the effort to read and write.

bjorn said:
I wouldn’t know. I am dyslexic. It may not be the same for all who suffer from it. But part of mine autistic ‘weakness’ is, to just give one example, seeing the difference between ‘present time’ and ‘past time’. And that’s just basic. I have to know which words are. I have a hard time by actually learning this. The why. I can but it may be your explanation and how your mind may work it does not for mine. I have to translate it for my own.

Dyslexia can be thought of as an ability, not a disability. The capacity to think in images is a gift, even if conventional
education systems have not recognized this. I know the problem this style of apprehending reality creates for dyslexics
when “normal” minds think in words. Words are a linear system which I suspect has narrowed and limited mankind’s
capacities in the last few centuries. The narrow intelligence based on linear though serves a hierarchical civilization,
where creativity is not valued. Today computers are taking over all the simple linear brain power skills. Computers are
not creative, and likely cannot see the difference between “present time” and “past time”.

“In the Mind’s Eye, Dyslexic Renaissance” is Thomas G. West’s excellent blog. He wrote “Thinking Like Einstein”.
West thinks dyslexics will become the new intellectual elite of the computer age. Certainly mankind needs minds
capable of creation and synthesis, as well as memorizers.

I have read metacognition is characteristic of the dyslexic mind. Can you confirm this? If true, it should make dyslexics
natural Fourth Way students. :D

[quote author=Annette1]I don't think a shock necessarily has to equal hate.[/quote]

I guess so. One can simple be amazed in a sense by feeling ‘positive emotions’ and by that shocked in wanting to seek out certain aspects about himself or objective reality. But most general it comes with a lot of pain.

[quote author=Oxajil]Why do you feel guilty? Guilty because you think that you know something and they don't?[/quote]

It’s something I discovered more clearly when I began to question this: (topic: http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=13272.0/)

[quote author=bjorn]Trying to understand why those people close to me, makes me feel special. Why I choose that and with trying to see why I am so afraid of losing them. That should be mine focus for now.[/quote]

Why do you feel guilty?

I am not sure. From where I am standing now. I feel guilt because there is this chance that I have put them in danger by seeking out ‘the truth’ I feel even more guilt because I can not motivate them to do the same ‘seeking out the truth’ From which this can give them protection. Because knowledge protects. It’s also a feeling of being helpless.

Who knows maybe it’s just a 'cover up' program for something else. But I think I am going somewhere.

[quote author=Oxajil]So if you need help you can make a thread and ask your questions there about the language and I'll try to help you, if you want.[/quote]

Thank you for that :)
To be honest I do read your Dutch translation of the ‘prayer of the soul’ every night. But I am fine. I am learning the language faster than I did ever since. It’s only accelerating. Maybe slow for your standards. But I am adjusting my learning style and maybe if I can set it right. Than I can make a lot of fast progress. But that’s something I have to find out for my own.

[quote author=go2]I have read metacognition is characteristic of the dyslexic mind. Can you confirm this? If true, it should make dyslexics natural Fourth Way students.[/quote]

I am not sure what you are asking. So I am not able to go very deep in it. You mean this:

You mean being aware of your learning style strengths? And of self assessment is applied?

Well you have to. People with normal conditions are learned how to learn and it fits them. It’s designed for them. But that doesn’t apply for me. I have to seek other ways.

And the connection with the Fourth way lies here?

Putting one’s self-knowledge in question because his ego limits him/her to understand or accepts certain aspects of objective reality.

And somehow by having a ‘metacognitive awareness’ this comes natural?

Back
Top Bottom