Humanity Is Deciding If It Will Evolve Or Die

When I read the text speaking the ideas of Sergei Saveliev, I saw a very very materialistic approach. Then I found it curious that he mentions people with super lobes guiding masses ... I do not know if it is Sergei's idea, or Slava's idea.

That was my idea. Rather unconscious. I am still digesting everything that Prof.Saveliev offered. As I said, I have not heard about the brain morphology and how it is important until a week ago. And I have corrected myself in responding to you earlier. The people with highly evolved front lobes would have the capacity to lead the humanity to its brighter future. The problem is that the masses, lead by their monkey brains do have a free will not to follow. And they will not, since the brain knows what it wants. All current "social" laws/norms/rules/etc main concern is to paper the reality that we are still driven by search for food, procreation and domineering. The evolution has never been pretty...

Judging from the posts, the people in Cassiopaea community do have more highly developed front lobes (hence, they are more humane).

Have you paid attention to the criticism of his approach and ideas? And how his theories are invalidated by his intentional ignorance in various fields?

We have a lot of people here who understand Russian. I welcome them to watch and read Prof.Saveliev and share their thoughts about it here. There was a Russian article/site where anthropologists critique his conclusions. Since neuro-biology needs to understand (and can explain) how & why the brains developed in the course of evolution, they have to intrude into other disciplines' turf and come with interpretations that are different from the ones given by pure anthropologists.

I was not planning to start a discussion of the science that has not been developed in the West (lacks sources in English). I am not a brain neurologist and I lack proper knowledge and education.

That was my idea. Rather unconscious. I am still digesting everything that Prof.Saveliev offered. As I said, I have not heard about the brain morphology and how it is important until a week ago. And I have corrected myself in responding to you earlier. The people with highly evolved front lobes would have the capacity to lead the humanity to its brighter future. The problem is that the masses, lead by their monkey brains do have a free will not to follow. And they will not, since the brain knows what it wants. All current "social" laws/norms/rules/etc main concern is to paper the reality that we are still driven by search for food, procreation and domineering. The evolution has never been pretty...

Judging from the posts, the people in Cassiopaea community do have more highly developed front lobes (hence, they are more humane).

I see now. Thank you.

Hope. I have also thought about it. I understand what they mean about hope. Many do not have hope. When thinking about it, I remember a part of the Divine Comedy. (Dante Alighieri): The third song of Dante Alighieri's Inferno is played in front of the door of Hell, where an inscription reads "Lost all hope those who enter!". That made me understand that all that hope for a better tomorrow is part of the wishful thinking and anticipation. Anyone who has hope is anticipating a result. I wonder if losing all hope in that sense is what we really have to learn to navigate the chaos (hell).

Isn't it shocking that someone else has figured this out before us, in the recent ages? Maybe eons ago?

Dunno about hope, either. I seem to have lost it too. Yet I keep putting one foot in front of the other and doing what I can each day (which some days, isn't a whole heck of a lot!) to advance the STO position as I see it. I often think that it is necessary to lose hope because only then does a person reveal what is truly inside, what they are made of. If they keep going because that is who they are, and no reward is sought, no outcome, then you well and truly know that such a person is an "STO candidate", or so I think.

Many, many people have come here for an answer, and think changing mindset is all it takes.

Sort of, most people do that, they look for "mini mes" to "empathize" with, pretty easy. Or they decide what the other person/group needs (based on their own preferences/world view) and then run with that. Few are really interested in working on their own issues/assumptions, learning as much as they can about human nature, and then, and only then, deeming themselves fit to, perhaps, help someone close to them.

Some of them get hit by a train.

Second, they generally tend to want to "help" others when they get a whiff of something they should deal with in themselves, but rather than do that, they decide to try to make that awareness disappear by focusing on the "problems" of others and attempting to "fix" them. The result is often that they not only do NOT help the other person, they create problems for them, furthering extinguishing the awareness of their own problems.

Anart was a good example.

That one was complicated.

A comment in a session about how to 'do empathy' is instructive (paraphrasing): "when you feel yourself falling into despair, do something for another that will help them from feeling the same way". That's a BIG difference from how most people approach it.

Think it has to do with balance, helping other not only in that way changes their state but yours too, so by giving you re also receiving, and your state changes.

The people with highly evolved front lobes would have the capacity to lead the humanity to its brighter future.
The problem is those with such the capacity need to overcome the hang-up about abridging 'free-will' of those of the lower stock ruled by pre-Adamic primate impulses. Which leads me onto:
The problem is that the masses, lead by their monkey brains do have a free will not to follow
- I say what free-will? If Humanity is so badly a severely damages species entrenched and ruled by base desires fears and mob-rule or the iron fist... Then is it really free-will? Free-will must involve some higher self-autonomy of mind and self-determination, risen above the "monkey brain" to align with soul-awareness. Without that, what difference are the masses from animals - to be herded penned and rear-hinds beaten with sticks?
And they will not, since the brain knows what it wants
On an instinctive level, yes. But does such a brain really 'know' what it "wants" on a truly self-determined conscious-awareness level? I think not. Again, such a damaged species is like the battered wife pining for her abusive husband - all the while further seeding condemned progeny imprisoned in mind of environment thus continuing the cycle of pathological damage. What little left that may actually constitute 'free-will' for such ilk will nevertheless CHOOSE to have their free-will so abridged by pathologicals! They have become so spiritually and psychologically severely damaged ie ponerized - they do so desire to be rounded upon, abused with sticks before unwittingly led to the slaughter-houses... And, not least because "driven by search for food, procreation and domineering" responds better to unyielding strength of force for top-down hierarchical Order - not mutual respect and compassion.
First, Humanity must be dragged up to a sufficient level of conscious awareness and autonomous self-determination before it is able to begin recognising any concept of free-will, let alone the ability to exercising its free-will.
This is why Julius Caesar was such a great man because he recognised this and, I believe, by removing any personally held notions of 'hope' was able and willing to sacrifice his own chances for STO Candidacy by committing to getting his hands dirty and bloodied risking furthering his soul's 3D STS entrenchment/entrapment - all for the sake of SELFLESSLY trying to better ALL humanity in the only way he believed he could whilst no doubt all the while aware of the concept "the road to hell is paved with good intentions"... A true sacrifice born out of a sense of great responsibility of 3D STS-bound power at his disposal... Thus paradoxically his qualifying for STO. Putin looks set to follow in kind.

If life was a game, learning would determine whether you follow or make rules. Who said you never break rules unless you can make them? I have always been intrigued by people that can casually exercise their free will and make rules for others to follow. I don’t think free will is the ingredient for surviving. I think that applying your learning is.

Can you actually decide it? Right now? I think this is something that was already decided, God knows when and we are here to experience the decision what ever it will be. As a human specie mostly what we've experienced is suffering which was inevitable and what shaped us. I love the ecosystem of our planet, this beauty was worth of living here. Maybe the suffering was a ticket for this botanical garden+ lovely zoo.
You seem to me as a great people but I have no evidence that you exist at all, maybe you are algorithms:-). I can only hope people like you exist because this gives faith into something bigger. Thanks.

@BlackCartouche

I agree with everything you said. It is a good diagnosis. Important question is: what to do...?

The C's said to build communities/communes of like minded people. From the people that self-selected themselves and came to this forum. No one dragged you or me, or forced you or me to participate here. Could the value of the community be in its ability to wake up the people that do have the latent "humane" abilities?

In the end that (creating communities) could be helpful from the point of view of survival of the above individuals (and evolution of the species)...

Most of you know I've been reading a LOT about evolution. It all started when I was reading some religious studies that referred to the evolutionary origin of "religious feeling" and how it was basically pattern recognition run amok. That really piqued my curiosity and off I went. It's been a few months now and I've been putting the books away like crazy and at the end of it, I find a big contradiction between the idea that religious feeling is pattern recognition run amok and evolutionary theory in general.

One of the more recent books to try to explain the evolutionary origin of higher thinking is Damasio's "The Strange Order of Things". He gets a lot right and really exposes what we face when dealing with our machine, but just as with all the other books by the greats of evolutionary biology, there are certain gaps where "something else" plugs in and that something else appears to be consciousness that is not material.

It appears to me that there is a definite advantage being selected for among those who can "read the signs" in a larger, global way and it seems to me that we are heading for an event that will select out such individuals and those who "read the signs wrong" or don't read them at all, are on the path to elimination.

A quick note from Prof.Saveliev's lectures on the topic of religion. He said that from the brain's standpoint, it is much easier to follow any religion (or follow orders, in general) , because the brain spends less energy when following a set of instructions, vs. when it is making its own decision or inventing something new. When the human brain is idling, it is using 8-10% of all energy that a human spends; when it is busy working on something, it can spend up to 25% of the available energy resources. Since the mass of the brain is about 1/50th of the total weight, it is a very resource intensive organ. The regulation of its activity has been honed by the evolution process. Thus, humans may have a preference to follow and not to lead :whistle:

It appears to me that there is a definite advantage being selected for among those who can "read the signs" in a larger, global way and it seems to me that we are heading for an event that will select out such individuals and those who "read the signs wrong" or don't read them at all, are on the path to elimination.

Interesting. Right now, as things are and have been, it seems that reading signs is not too useful, even detrimental. In a few books that I have read, optimism includes delusion and realism/pessimism is usually very accurate in experiments. But it seems that life as it is now and has been leans toward requiring this "healthy delusion" in order to do well (and fit in with things). That's much like what slavaon says about following orders using less energy-more efficiency. The pre-adamics have the advantage nowadays.

Is this event a catastrophe like comets? In that case, didn't the C's say that the survivors will be in a situation of red skies and cold wind? Survival doesn't seem too good in that case, unless there is a split reality, which is hypothetical but would explain why seeing things despite being a disadvantage now, would be an evolution that helps/is required to do well in a different environment.

Interesting. Right now, as things are and have been, it seems that reading signs is not too useful, even detrimental. In a few books that I have read, optimism includes delusion and realism/pessimism is usually very accurate in experiments. But it seems that life as it is now and has been leans toward requiring this "healthy delusion" in order to do well (and fit in with things). That's much like what slavaon says about following orders using less energy-more efficiency. The pre-adamics have the advantage nowadays.

Not necessarily. Depends where one is on the 'learning curve.' Seeing things objectively is more efficient as long as one is not crippled by anxiety.

Is this event a catastrophe like comets? In that case, didn't the C's say that the survivors will be in a situation of red skies and cold wind? Survival doesn't seem too good in that case, unless there is a split reality, which is hypothetical but would explain why seeing things despite being a disadvantage now, would be an evolution that helps/is required to do well in a different environment.

Seems to me 'reality' is already beginning to split. Just a 'matter' of 'time' before the environment reflects that. OSIT

As the C's said; it's the soul that counts.

I lack required discipline in general and to gather this certain knowledge. This is something I'm responsible for and what I will have to pay for when this event happens as Laura mentions it above.
I think the right emotionl response is the key.
I used to drink as a teenager, maybe it's true that it locks your brain into that emotional age as is written here Binge drinking traps the brain in permanent adolescence, research shows -- Sott.net and I had leftist worldwievs and I was vegetarian and God knows what kind of a monster would I be if I didn't become mom while on college.
Maybe I already am a lost cause:nuts::-[, I broke a crystal today, ok it crumbled at the end like salt (not much) but I don't know what that means. I have lots of crazy ideas (you know if you reed my comments), I don't think I have schizophrenia because I have few friends with it, but similar people approach me my whole life, I know all the vegetarians, all the gays in town, all kinds of artists, all left handed people in the wide area, Gypsies, people with all kinds of mental problems, OCD... you name it:-). I didn't mean to insult my acquaintances but I don't know what's going on in here:-)? How will Evolution decide what is desirable? We now it's got to do with consciousness... Many people think they have a soul.

Maybe I already am a lost cause:nuts::-[, I broke a crystal today, ok it crumbled at the end like salt (not much) but I don't know what that means.

I wouldn’t worry too much about it. The C’s have said that they sometimes do that to change their effects on you. So it may just mean your needs from the crystals have changed.

As for being surrounded by people losing grasp of reality... I think maybe that just comes from the times we live in. There’s a lot of environmental and psychological and social and cosmic pressures on humanity now, and more than a few people are starting to crack.

Back
Top Bottom