Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT): General information and discussion of Home Units

No the release valve was closed. We did pay for that session but the person who allows us to go to her home is over 77 years old and I think that the seller of tha HBOT is not that honest. For them, knowing that their machine is not really an 1.3 ATA HBOT will be a shock.
Could be a faulty gauge too. Was it a soft chamber? If so it's tangible that it pressurizes enough and feels pretty solid, versus staying floppy. But if like you said, you didn't feel like it did anything, you probably want to discuss that with the owner.

The standard conversion is as follows:

1 ata to kpa = 101.325 kPa
1.3 ata to kpa = 131.7225
1.5 ata to kpa = 151,9875
2 ata to kpa = 202.65 kPa

However, many pressure meters that indicate kpa deduct the normal air pressure of 1 ata or atm from their reading. Hence the indication of 50 kpa for the 1.5 ata chamber.

The reading of 7kpa for the 1.3 ata chamber is crap.
The quality of meters and reading conversions is some what of a pain. Chinese HBOT industry is somewhat new and there are some lack of standard issues with these meters . There could even be some quality issues in calibration of these meters.

For ex: On my meter 50Kpa is 1.5 ATA
@Jacques,
When you saw 7 kpa ( which seems too low), did the chamber inflate assuming that chamber is soft chamber. If it is 2.0ATA capacity chamber, it has to be hard chamber. If it is hard chamber, probably you can push the release valve and see it makes large hissing sound. One can feel pressure on ears when the pressure goes beyond 1 ATA and compare it.

When you saw 7 kpa ( which seems too low), did the chamber inflate assuming that chamber is soft chamber.

It is a soft chamber like this one:

1688918134643.png

The chamber was not well inflated and as hard as the ones that I tried (1.5 ATA) previously.

One can feel pressure on ears when the pressure goes beyond 1 ATA and compare it.

And I did not feel anything but it could be because I had already had over 25 sessions before trying that one.

It is a soft chamber like this one:

View attachment 77656

The chamber was not well inflated and as hard as the ones that I tried (1.5 ATA) previously.

And I did not feel anything but it could be because I had already had over 25 sessions before trying that one.
Even with 25 sessions you should be able to at least feel sinuses and ears pressurizing/depressurizing, but if the chamber wasn't well inflated, most likely issue I'd say is the seal on the entry/exit point then(maybe it just wasn't closed all the way), which should be easy enough to troubleshoot if it was a cheap enough session, or more convenient than others, to help the owner and yourself. Not sure what your relationship is like with the owner and whether this is worth your time, but just my two cents.

Over here the temperatures are over 30 degrees C and although i have the cooling attachment in my chamber its still like in sauna. I am persisting but it is a challenge to stay full 1h. Today i got fed up after 40 minutes and stopped.
Is anyone experiencing the same?

Over here the temperatures are over 30 degrees C and although i have the cooling attachment in my chamber its still like in sauna. I am persisting but it is a challenge to stay full 1h. Today i got fed up after 40 minutes and stopped.
I get claustrophobic when it's warm so I installed a window air conditioner to keep the room at the comfortable temperature while in the chamber. Best investment in my health.

If you don't have A/C, you could always bring in an ice pack or two. Either that or treat it as an exercise in intentional suffering? That's what I've done when I forget to turn the A/C on before I hop in.

So, after an odd shipping debacle that I can't quite figure out, I finally received my hbot from Oxyrevo.

Oxyrevo (resize).jpg

Space is a problem in our house but I was able to clear out a room enough to put it in. Assembly was not too difficult. The worst part was the most claustrophobic- installing the internal frame- because it has to be done inflated. But it went without a hitch after I figured out the double zipper bit, and kept reminding myself that oxygen was being pumped into the chamber.

I've only had 3 full sessions to date but have already gotten used to it. The ear pressure doesn't seem to be a problem for me, which I was a little concerned about. Right from the start, after each session so far, it really seems to hit my legs. They feel as if I've given them a light workout. My mind also feels calmer, it doesn't 'wander' so much. An interesting one is that my voice is more relaxed. When it's relaxed it gets deeper and the sound is 'fuller'. The same thing happens when I sit in a sauna or after a heavier workout (in the past). My neckpain has also greatly diminished.

About the chamber itself, it's a solid build as far as I can tell. A nice feature is that there are pressure gauges both inside and out, and that I can change the amout of pressure from 1.2-1.5 ATA.

Funny story. When I climbed in for the first time to install the frame, I decided that, since I was there I might as well stay in there as my first session. No mattress, no mask, no silencer. It got really warm in there and moisture started to form on the walls of the chamber, but I thought that this was just the way it was and that it was tolerable and I would just deal with it. I noticed that the pressure inside was reading a very steady 58 kph (50 kph being 1.5 ATA). I knew it was high and I thought maybe I had received an 'over achiever' system. I didn't have a clock with me so I exited after I had had enough of lying on the hard floor. Upon depressurizing, I noticed the temperature drop and a mist filled the chamber! It had created a weather system! No lightning but it was neat to be in it. After exiting, the damp chamber, I noticed something. In the photo, you can just see a black knob at the foot end of the chamber. There's actually two of these which are valves that prevent the chamber from inflating above 1.5 ATA. I had forgotten to remove the bubble wrap affixed with rubberbands covering the valves to protect them during shipping. By leaving them on, air couldn't escape properly which was why the pressure was so high and there was so much moisture inside. The next sessions were much better.

Definitly use in a well ventilated room. Don't close the door, at least, and if you can, leave a window open. Otherwise, your room will be a sauna! I mean, holy hot-box Batman!

No the release valve was closed. We did pay for that session but the person who allows us to go to her home is over 77 years old and I think that the seller of tha HBOT is not that honest. For them, knowing that their machine is not really an 1.3 ATA HBOT will be a shock.

If that's true, and they were sold a defective hbot, then the seller needs to be called out for it.

Well, they offered by themselves to refund us and they are going to call out the seller about it.

So, after an odd shipping debacle that I can't quite figure out, I finally received my hbot from Oxyrevo.

View attachment 78025

Space is a problem in our house but I was able to clear out a room enough to put it in. Assembly was not too difficult. The worst part was the most claustrophobic- installing the internal frame- because it has to be done inflated. But it went without a hitch after I figured out the double zipper bit, and kept reminding myself that oxygen was being pumped into the chamber.

I've only had 3 full sessions to date but have already gotten used to it. The ear pressure doesn't seem to be a problem for me, which I was a little concerned about. Right from the start, after each session so far, it really seems to hit my legs. They feel as if I've given them a light workout. My mind also feels calmer, it doesn't 'wander' so much. An interesting one is that my voice is more relaxed. When it's relaxed it gets deeper and the sound is 'fuller'. The same thing happens when I sit in a sauna or after a heavier workout (in the past). My neckpain has also greatly diminished.

About the chamber itself, it's a solid build as far as I can tell. A nice feature is that there are pressure gauges both inside and out, and that I can change the amout of pressure from 1.2-1.5 ATA.

Funny story. When I climbed in for the first time to install the frame, I decided that, since I was there I might as well stay in there as my first session. No mattress, no mask, no silencer. It got really warm in there and moisture started to form on the walls of the chamber, but I thought that this was just the way it was and that it was tolerable and I would just deal with it. I noticed that the pressure inside was reading a very steady 58 kph (50 kph being 1.5 ATA). I knew it was high and I thought maybe I had received an 'over achiever' system. I didn't have a clock with me so I exited after I had had enough of lying on the hard floor. Upon depressurizing, I noticed the temperature drop and a mist filled the chamber! It had created a weather system! No lightning but it was neat to be in it. After exiting, the damp chamber, I noticed something. In the photo, you can just see a black knob at the foot end of the chamber. There's actually two of these which are valves that prevent the chamber from inflating above 1.5 ATA. I had forgotten to remove the bubble wrap affixed with rubberbands covering the valves to protect them during shipping. By leaving them on, air couldn't escape properly which was why the pressure was so high and there was so much moisture inside. The next sessions were much better.

Definitly use in a well ventilated room. Don't close the door, at least, and if you can, leave a window open. Otherwise, your room will be a sauna! I mean, holy hot-box Batman!
is the dehumidifier working?

i saw you mentioned using ozone to sterilize the chamber, i don't know how those are built but we know that ozone doesn't react well with rubbers/seals(like those used for high pressure vessels) or some soft materials so better check it out to avoid damaging something

is the dehumidifier working?

i saw you mentioned using ozone to sterilize the chamber, i don't know how those are built but we know that ozone doesn't react well with rubbers/seals(like those used for high pressure vessels) or some soft materials so better check it out to avoid damaging something

Yes, the dehumidifier (or air cooler) works just fine. At the end of each session, the little glass vile is completely filled with water and needs to be emptied via the valve at the bottom.

As for the ozonator, that was to sterilize the room before I put the hbot in. And now that you mention the cautions, I'll check with Oxyrevo to see if it can be used.

Back
Top Bottom