Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT): General information and discussion of Home Units

This is a very difficult question. I repeatedly looked into myocarditis and could not find anything really useful. In general HBOT should be helpful as it reduces inflammation.

But then there is this:

There is still much debate as to whether or not HBOT appears to be helpful in acute coronary syndrome. Physiologically, it would make sense that hyperbaric oxygen preserves myocardial function and reduces mortality for acute myocardial infarctions. However, studies so far have demonstrated either no effect or only small contributions to the overall outcome. It is unclear as to why the data is inconclusive at this time, but more research on this topic continues.
Source:
Thanks, BE. Maybe in time, especially given the rise in myocarditis due to the vax, more studies will be done.

Also, my back issue seems to be greatly - even dramatically - improved since Chu has been working with me using some kind of strange system that she has been learning from France (forum member). France teaches via skype so if anybody wants to know more about it, contact France or Chu and a thread about it can be started.

It really was miraculous. After two sessions of about 10 minutes each, my back pain of about 50 years appears to have disappeared!

May I say @Laura that I am really happy to read that you are feeling better and that it was like miraculous for you. .

In this interview (at around 29 minutes), Scott Scherr, MD, who is one of the leading HBOT researchers and practitioners in the US, talks about Shai Efrati's protocol in Israel. According to Dr. Scherr, the protocol involves 60 sessions of 2 ATA pressure, where they take off the mask after 20 minutes and leave it off for 5 minutes and repeat. Each session is 90 minutes at pressure, which corresponds to 90 "pressure minutes" per session. I define a "pressure minute" as one minute at 2 atmosphere's pressure, equivalent of being at 10 meters (33 ft.) depth in water. The entire protocol gives a user 90 "pressure hours"

For those who have a 1.5 ATA system, they get only 0.5 "pressure minutes" per minute in the pressurised chamber. If we do a session of 60 minutes at 1.5 ATA (plus 10-15 minutes to reach full pressurisation), the sessions gives us 0.5 "presssure hours". So in order to get the equivalent "presssure time" as Dr. Efrati's protocol, we need to do 180 sessions at 60 minutes of pressure. Alternatively, we can increase the duration of each session to do 90 sessions with 2 hours at pressure or 127 sessions of 1.5 hours at pressure.

As I understand it, it's not necessary to get the same pressure exposure as Dr. Efrati to get some the benefits from HBOT. Dr. Scherr says that the "minium viable product" approach of estimating the minimum number of treatments to get sustainable benefits is 30 sessions. However, that does depend on age, general health conditions, diet, etc. For most people looking to get reverse ageing benefits Dr. Scherr refers to a study that has found that maximum senescent cell downregulation and telomere length contribution takes place at 30 sessions. He doesn't specify at what pressure and duration but as I understand it, it is implied that it's a similar setup as Dr. Efrati from Israel.

If these benefits follow a normal distribution, then half of the total benefits take place before the peak value and the remaining half take place after. So if you stop at the number of sessions when you reach peak effect, it means that you're only getting half the potential benefit.

All in all, that's a pretty lengthy protocol...
Hello Thor!

Can I ask you please to share your experience and your thoughts about protocol of breathing inside the chamber. We are trying to discover the most effective way of using HBOT and breathing.

Thank you very much for sharing this interview. It is really helpful.

BTW we made 3 sessions lasting for one hour. Feeling fine, mind is clear, mood is stable and what is interesting... Doing stretching is much more easier now!

Don't know if it was the combo of the samozdrav and HBOT, or Fasting
Noticed similar boons after going out into Nature hungry and doing intense athletic exercises barefoot on natural wet grass with 'intermittently fasted' empty stomach. I guess ancient hunter gatherers must have taken this spontaneous energy boost & health improvement as granted, when they were habitually doing extreme athletic-hunting on empty stomach.

Also, my back issue seems to be greatly - even dramatically - improved since Chu has been working with me using some kind of strange system that she has been learning from France (forum member). France teaches via skype so if anybody wants to know more about it, contact France or Chu and a thread about it can be started.

It really was miraculous. After two sessions of about 10 minutes each, my back pain of about 50 years appears to have disappeared!

:-D We will start a thread about this soon, but please be patient. It is something that is better done in person, but France has some movements to suggest for lowering the tension in the body. This is done with the goal of softening/releasing the fascia, to provide more flexibility and balance to the body "masses", thus also helping the joints.

We may post a few short videos. It will be simple and easy to start with.

Coming soon! 😊

:-D We will start a thread about this soon, but please be patient. It is something that is better done in person, but France has some movements to suggest for lowering the tension in the body. This is done with the goal of softening/releasing the fascia, to provide more flexibility and balance to the body "masses", thus also helping the joints.

I am happy to share this knowledge.
The important thing is to experience the little videos and feel the difference before and after the movements. The body awareness work will be done step by step.

Chu and I will work together so that the videos meet specific needs and also general needs.
Coming soon!

We also got a machine from Macy-pan, and it arrived in Germany without any problems. Thanks to the seller, they did reduce the price accordingly in the papers, that we didn't have to pay too many taxes, though it still was about several hundred €s.

Setting it up was a bit adventurous (though some guesswork and logic needed to be involved, since not everything was written in the description and showed in the videos). It was as well a bit exciting, getting the frame installed and when the cover was constantly coming down, until it was filled accordingly, that I could move inside of it.

Anyway, I was the first guinea pig and I survived yesterday's first session ;-).

Has anyone noticed increase in eye floaters since starting the HBOT? I always had floaters since I can remember and they never use to bother me, but lately they seem to have increased or I definitely notice them more.

I am not sure I know what floaters are and if I ever experienced them, but one thing I noticed when I started the HBOT sessions was that my vision would start "vibrating" (for lack of a better term) when I went from dark to light. For example, if I was in a dark or dimmed-light room and turned on a brighter light, for a few moments my vision periphery would feel like vibrating into dark/light motion. I am aware that I am doing a horrible job describing it, but I don't know how else to say it. In any event, it only happened for a few weeks in the beginning and then it went away on its own.

Coming soon! 😊

Can't wait for this! I'm ready to add whatever you are learning about, to my list of things I do, to improve my lower back pain (not really pain pain, but it's more like sciatica similar symptoms :-D

I am not sure I know what floaters are and if I ever experienced them, but one thing I noticed when I started the HBOT sessions was that my vision would start "vibrating" (for lack of a better term) when I went from dark to light. For example, if I was in a dark or dimmed-light room and turned on a brighter light, for a few moments my vision periphery would feel like vibrating into dark/light motion. I am aware that I am doing a horrible job describing it, but I don't know how else to say it. In any event, it only happened for a few weeks in the beginning and then it went away on its own.
I understand. I think I experienced the same sometimes.
Here is the description of the floaters…
Nearsighted people tend to have them even from early age.

That happens to me too, but it has happened to me before HBOT. Usually when I wake up, being exposed to dim light coming from pitch blackness. Vibrating peripheral vision is literally the best way I can describe that. It's like 4 pulses of gentle light waves every per second for a few minutes... it definitely happens in the chamber if I'm trying to meditate with sleeping blinders on/dosing off, then take them off when i'm done exposing me to light.

Back
Top Bottom