I'm losing weight!

Today I had the idea to search on Steve Job proteins and it bring me two interesting articles :

http://www.newswithviews.com/Richards/byron169.htm
http://www.wellsphere.com/heart-health-article/hormonal-imbalances-oprah-steve-jobs/569937

In the first we can read :
The common cause of all body wasting problems is excessive inflammation.

In another thread, Laura said me she feel an inflammation about my problem, my acupuncturist say me my liver is inflamed and the doctor can see it too in the blood test. So inflammation seem to be a good track even if I have had a gastro-enteritis which can blur the picture.

I have to read more precisely those articles and put conclusion here.

Before I forget, Cayce advices:
-put gelatin on raw veggie to help the absorbtion.
-the blood building diet: http://www.edgarcayce.org/health/database/health_resources/blood_building_diet.asp

[Edit]
Also from session 7 September 2008
Q: (Ark) Thank you. (L) Anybody else got any questions? (DD) Yeah, would a cervical correction help Laura?

A: Possibly. But the main problem is inflammation. Anything that eases the physical is helpful, though.

Q: (D) Would the nanosilver solutions help the inflammation?

A: Yes

[Edit2]
What Byron article suggest:
-glutamine and the branch chain amino acids, whey protein
-grape seed extract, fish oil, bromelain, papain, curcumin, quercetin, silymarin, and r-alpha lipoic acid
-zinc picolinate, zinc citrate
-iodine, selenium, and manganese
-digestive enzymes
-eventually milk colostrum to open appetite

From the second article:
-krill oil

Need some help

Hi, I'll try to keep this short.

I'm 6 foot 2.

The most I've ever weighed is 170 pounds.

At the start of last summer I was working 5 days a week, 10 hours a day landscaping.
In a nut shell I was only really eating supper (chicken and potatoes) and dried fruits and nuts during the day. With a protein shake every morning.
By the end of the season I was 150 pounds.

I've been eating regular since last November, I'm not sure how many calories a day but I eat a lot.
and I've lost 5 pounds. - Now sitting at 145.
November was around the time I started reading about the effects of dairy, which I went cold turkey on.
Now I've also cut out wheat, soy, and corn. (at least when they aren't hidden in other foods)

I can't put on weight and it's bothering me tremendously.
I know I burn a lot of calories a day but I shouldn't be losing weight by any means.

There has to be something else working against me.
I'm not sure if I'm not getting enough of something (vitamins/minerals), or one or more of my organs are not performing properly.

I've read so much disinformation on health in general that I don't even know where to start researching.
Apparently I'm the only one trying to gain weight these days.

I definitely get enough exercise, but I feel like my muscles aren't growing while my body fat is nonexistent.
Like I'm not synthesizing proteins properly or something.

I've decided to go in for a blood test, but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas that might be able to help me out.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Re: Need some help

Oh, sorry. I need work on the search function.
I bookmarked the thread you left me.
Delete this thread and cut down the noise, I'll start a new one if I have any more questions.
Thanks Vulcan.

No problems Ali Xander. Instead of deleting it, I'll merge it to that topic. :)

:huh:

I have, in a sense, the same problem. I’m 69 and have always been rather thin, 5’ 9” tall and a weight of around 140 to 145 most of my life, but this winter and spring I’ve lost some weight, perhaps about 15 pounds. (I look a little like that skeleton picture on the Half Past Human web site.) I attribute some of the weight loss to an infection that I supposedly had as a result of about four or five spider bites????? that seemed to just mysteriously appear about the middle of March as huge weepy scabs on both legs below the knees. Two doctors didn’t have the slightest notion as to what caused the sores. One wanted to send me to the hospital right away for intravenous antibiotics. I didn’t care for that so she prescribed a very potent antibiotics in pill form, one that’s supposed to fight the toughest staff infections, like MRSA. Well, those darn things really screwed up my stomach and intestine. Fortunately the diarrhea, cramps and nausea didn’t crop up until right after the last pill; otherwise, I would have stopped taking the toxic crap and the infection would have perhaps gotten worse. And, yes, I did take Acidophilus, about 5 grams of Vitamin C, extra D3 and Magnesium every day. (Although, I’m still not sure that I had an infection. One ankle swelled some and there were some red areas around the scabs, but no other tell-tale signs, such as red infection streaks leading up my legs.) The short story is that I lost about 10 pounds during this ordeal and am having a difficult time regaining any, even though I am trying to “eat like a horse.” Now, I know that 10 or 12 pounds may not sound like much, but when a person is “as thin as a dime” to begin with, every pound means something.

We do eat good organic food. No garbage, junk food. My diet consist of chicken, eggs, rice milk, nutty granola, peas, carrots, cabbage, some potatoes, salads, fruit (such as raspberries and strawberries form our garden), etc. I try to stay away from soy, but, of course, it’s in a lot of prepared things like condiments, etc.

By the way, the last scab just sloughed off a few days ago.

So, like the person who started this thread, I, too, would be interested in other’s comments or suggestions.

Samuel

banjoechef said:
Something that helped me gain back weight was a supplement of hulled hemp seeds. I took about 3 tablespoons a day and that is when I began going back up from the 135 to 150. Hemp seeds are high in protein, omega 3, 6, 9, contains vitamin e, d, c, b6, b2, b1, a, potassium, phosphorus, and much more. The best part is that they are very very easily digested. I like to add them to oatmeal after cooking with my raisins and nuts. I buy them from the bulk barn because they are cheaper there than at a health food store.

One thing to make sure of that i don't think will be an issue for you is hemp seeds will cause your digestive system to move more quickly so high amounts of carbohydrates and starches may cause you to have, lets say, stool issues :/

I had the same, eat as much as you can and gain no weight problem, until i started with the hemp seeds daily.

I'm going to try that and Laura's suggestions
Samuel

Vulcan59 said:
Do a Search for "weight" and you will find quite a few threads on it. To start you off, here is one that may have useful information. - I'm losing weight! :)

Yeah, we have discussed this topic on several threads, perhaps a search on "weight" will turn interesting results. There is the issue of leaky gut and food intolerances which can manifest as malabsorption in some people, hence, in weight loss. So it is important to heal the gut. Others have "hyperactive" thyroids, thus, a super metabolism. In general, the important thing is to heal your body. Depending on your own issues, you may find that you reach your right weight once you start healing.

Psyche said:
Vulcan59 said:
Do a Search for "weight" and you will find quite a few threads on it. To start you off, here is one that may have useful information. - I'm losing weight! :)

Yeah, we have discussed this topic on several threads, perhaps a search on "weight" will turn interesting results. There is the issue of leaky gut and food intolerances which can manifest as malabsorption in some people, hence, in weight loss. So it is important to heal the gut. Others have "hyperactive" thyroids, thus, a super metabolism. In general, the important thing is to heal your body. Depending on your own issues, you may find that you reach your right weight once you start healing.

I can attest to that. For me it seems to be a combination of a slightly over active thyroid (so I have to be careful what supplements I take that may over stimulate it), but more so it is food intolerances (which have lead to a leaky/damaged gut), a fast digestive transit (things aren't sticking around long enough to be properly digested), a natural lack of digestive enzymes (which I supplement at every meal now) and a propensity to get (bad) bacterial overgrowth in my upper digestive tract (probably genetic - blood type AB).

The two biggest positive impactors on my weight (and overall health) have been the E-E breathing program (to keep my stress down, as I loose weight when I'm stressed out - probably due to adrenal fatigue), and the Ultra Simple Diet.
Turns out if I eat the tiniest piece of food I'm allergic to my digestive system shunts to emergency mode to protect itself and I stop absorbing enough food and loose weight.....that's my number one symptom I'm allergic to a food!!! :O
Now I've been on the diet a month or so I get other symptoms if I'm allergic to something when I reintroduce it (brain fog, lethargy, crankiness, headaches....probably due to blood sugar levels dropping way off as my guts stop absorbing food), but my weight will drop too.

Samuel said:
My diet consist of chicken, eggs, rice milk, nutty granola, peas, carrots, cabbage, some potatoes, salads, fruit (such as raspberries and strawberries form our garden), etc.
You may want to check out the updated Ultra Simple Diet, as its entirely probable you may be having problems with one or more of those foods. I can't recommend it highly enough, it really has turned my life around (this is an ongoing battle to balance everything that's wrong, but this seems to have given me the footing to do it).
Making sure you have enough good fats is important too. Oh, an absolutely no wheat/gluten/milk!!! I hadn't noticed one of my supplements had some in (so it was the tiniest amount) and I lost nearly 10 pounds in a month, be careful what are in your supplements (and test them like you would a food on the Ultra Simple Diet.....any supplement with maltodextrin or yeast in gives me a killer headache). This probably means ditching your condiments.

Psyche said:
Vulcan59 said:

How can I determine if I have a hyperactive thyroid? Where could I read more about this? I've always had super fast metabolism and never really understood why this is. Is it unwise to take Tyrosine if I have this thyroid problem? Sorry for the many questions, this just got me worried since I'm taking Tyrosine daily.

Aragorn said:
How can I determine if I have a hyperactive thyroid? Where could I read more about this? I've always had super fast metabolism and never really understood why this is. Is it unwise to take Tyrosine if I have this thyroid problem? Sorry for the many questions, this just got me worried since I'm taking Tyrosine daily.

Usually thyroid tests do a better job in detecting a "hyperactive" thyroid, than a "hypoactive" one. A person with hyperthyroidism also has several symptoms and clinical manifestations that makes it easier to make a diagnosis. A common cause is Grave's disease, which is autoimmune.

Here is a list of symptoms that I grabbed from the first google search:

* Palpitations
* Heat intolerance
* Nervousness
* Insomnia
* Breathlessness
* Increased bowel movements
* Light or absent menstrual periods
* Fatigue
* Fast heart rate
* Trembling hands
* Weight loss
* Muscle weakness
* Warm moist skin
* Hair loss
* Staring gaze

A lot of people can be identified with those, it doesn't mean they have hyperthyroidism. Often, the aspect is rather typical, that you can immediately say: that person needs thyroid function tests. A person with hyperthyroism is "wired", if that makes any sense. You can search for hyperthyroidism to see if it rings a bell.

L-tyrosine is usually not recommended. But I noticed that it is not usually listed as a contraindication in hyperthyroidism.

Thanks Psyche. Sorry for not searching that information myself! I read some more on the subject and I'm not that worried anymore, don't think that I have that problem. However, I will ask for a thyroid test when I have my next check up in the fall, just in case. Maybe I should stop taking the L-Tyrosine until I have the results? I started taking it and Phenylalanine because I scored severe on Hyman's dopamine quiz. I do feel that taking them has helped me in many ways.

Aragorn said:
Thanks Psyche. Sorry for not searching that information myself! I read some more on the subject and I'm not that worried anymore, don't think that I have that problem. However, I will ask for a thyroid test when I have my next check up in the fall, just in case. Maybe I should stop taking the L-Tyrosine until I have the results? I started taking it and Phenylalanine because I scored severe on Hyman's dopamine quiz. I do feel that taking them has helped me in many ways.

I would not stop them, especially if you have noticed a positive difference. :)

I have lost quite a lot of weight over the past 6 months, noticeably so to my friends and family, and I have got to the point where I actually should buy some new clothes. I couldn't quite work out exactly which dietary changes I could attribute this to, I certainly haven't cut down on animal fats or 'counted calories' in any way. Then I heard about a link between vitamin D and fat storage. I searched it and found lots of references such as this: http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/153669.php

Since I have been supplementing with vitamin D daily I now think this is the most likely cause. It just goes to show how all this demonizing of saturated fats makes no sense.

Going through Cayce Readings we can see how the problem can be complex .

READING 4834-1
EC: In this body here of Mrs. [4834]. These are conditions we find in the body now. There have been many conditions in the body which brought about first conditions in the body, but these are the conditions as we find them now. First the lack of proper amount or number of red blood corpuscles caused by impoverished body through cellular forces. The necessity of the use of white blood impoverished cellular forces to produce red blood. We find through nerve forces abnormally drawn on by affect of synthetic forces. These are from conditions that have existed in the body; but these are the conditions that exist now. The hepatic circulation has been impaired by [operation] and its excess force being carried to splenic and duodenum, hence we have this cold circulation to body at times. There is poor assimilation of foods. The stomach itself not properly adjusted to assimilate certain food, hence most of the body building forces are taken on from the outside. There is lack of red blood. Suggestions to the body in times back have brought about better condition.
(Q) What causes feet to ache?
(A) Reflex forces from lower end of the sympathetic forces from the lower part.
Trouble in the stomach caused by lack of assimilation. This body is a great deal better. Body will improve by time and active forces being supplied by suggestion. This body does not assimilate food properly, it should take food constantly - not every second - but as it is assimilated. This body cannot take a whole lot of food at once, but oftener, but not when in repose.
The body should be more out in the air, it needs more red blood, it needs to use itself in the air, use the limbs. Diet should be of iron such as found in a pear, and that of iron itself, it will be hard to assimilate iron, should be taken in small quantities to begin with, such as we find in Beef, Iron and Wine, not in doses as says on the bottle but about half. Meats should be wild game, nothing that has been killed with blood in it.
(Q) Would mutton be good?
(A) No, goat would be better. Nothing that is actively acid should be taken. Take Yogurt or simply honey comb which has had the honey taken from it.
Should still have suggestions as before.
(Q) Is coffee, milk, and cereals good for the body?
(A) Coffee is not good, the tannin in coffee affects the milk that is in it which the body needs. Fruits are better than cereals, apples and pears. Pears will be better. Do these and the body will be normal. The body shouldn't take things that produce acid. We have things that are not acid themselves, but change into acid when taken into the mouth. Normally there are glands in the throat which produce lactic fluid or pepsin, this body is not producing sufficient lactic fluid, so that whatever is taken is carried into acid. There are properties that are not acid themselves but are turned into acids when taken into the mouth, and properties that are acids that are not acids when taken into the mouth. Should be careful about diet, eat wild game which eats from nature, tame game eats what it is fed. Pear, which is acid, forms into iron and loses its acid, certain apples are acid, others are not. This body should take apples that have ripened on the tree. Keep up the suggestions as before, it supplies through sympathetics. By keeping in the air will partake of the air, which is the Universe.
(Q) Who should give the suggestions?
(A) Any one that supplies these forces.

Lack of fresh air certainly apply to me. I think we should all be careful to be outside enough especially for those like me who work in front of a screen.

Back
Top Bottom