I'm losing weight!

Ellipse said:
Hi RedFox,

This is funny because we have similar experience. I had gone through the chest xray, blood tests, thyroid tests, liver ultrasound scan too and all was fine except an excess of iron. And like you I don't sweat much and have very little body odder.

Anyway, since this period (January-April 2010), I have gain 5kg/13.4pounds :). What I have done ? I have introduce beef tripe in my diet. The advantage of tripes is his gelatinous consistency so I think it's well assimilate by the body. So I recommend to have a try to all of us who have weight loss.

What about you since November and your new diet, have you gain weight ?

Well the medical profession can find nothing wrong with me (my elevated iron/liver levels are now perfectly normal)....apparently I'm in really good health.

Taking the supplements to support digestion and my liver seem to have helped stabilise things a lot. I've not gained any weight, but people have commented on my face/body filling out (I no longer look like so much of a skeleton)....not quite sure how that works with no weight gain though!

I ate a LOT of food over two weeks at Christmas/New Years (and promptly screwed up my digestive/waking cycle...so had to take some time to get back into eating a lot early in the day instead of late.....) and gained absolutely no weight.
The weight thing hasn't been a concern for some time though.....at the time I wondered if it was the cause of my fatigue, but it seems more of a symptom.
So with that in mind I'm trying sleeping in complete darkness (as suggested in the other thread) to see how that effects things. Some last thoughts I will be exploring later are ulcerated colitis (the occasional pain I get seems to fit with this) and parasites.
:)

RedFox said:
Some last thoughts I will be exploring later are ulcerated colitis (the occasional pain I get seems to fit with this) and parasites.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulcerative_colitis : The main symptom of active disease is usually constant diarrhea mixed with blood, of gradual onset.

You have that symptom ?

Well the medical profession can find nothing wrong with me (my elevated iron/liver levels are now perfectly normal)....apparently I'm in really good health.

Taking the supplements to support digestion and my liver seem to have helped stabilise things a lot. I've not gained any weight, but people have commented on my face/body filling out (I no longer look like so much of a skeleton)....not quite sure how that works with no weight gain though!

Same here, no weight gain no matter what. The only thing I haven't tried is to have an eating schedule.

Ellipse said:
RedFox said:
Some last thoughts I will be exploring later are ulcerated colitis (the occasional pain I get seems to fit with this) and parasites.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulcerative_colitis : The main symptom of active disease is usually constant diarrhea mixed with blood, of gradual onset.

You have that symptom ?
No, but I still get pain in (what I think is) my upper small intestine.....the conclusion I came up with was that, that part of my digestive track is damaged some how......I've been taking a lot of things to try and heal it, things to kill off bacteria and candida, which have all helped....but it persists.....so ulcers and parasites are the only things left (apart from possible damage caused by toxins excreted by the liver) I can think of.

Alternatively it's just going to take a few years to heal (which is worrying given the way things are headed) :/

RedFox said:
Ellipse said:
RedFox said:

You have that symptom ?
No, but I still get pain in (what I think is) my upper small intestine.....the conclusion I came up with was that, that part of my digestive track is damaged some how......I've been taking a lot of things to try and heal it, things to kill off bacteria and candida, which have all helped....but it persists.....so ulcers and parasites are the only things left (apart from possible damage caused by toxins excreted by the liver) I can think of.

Alternatively it's just going to take a few years to heal (which is worrying given the way things are headed) :/

Have you thought about trying an all meat diet? If you've read about Atreides, you'll see that Laura has put him on an all meat diet.

Nienna Eluch said:
Have you thought about trying an all meat diet? If you've read about Atreides, you'll see that Laura has put him on an all meat diet.

Well, not sure it's a good idea as a such diet is used to loss weight :
1 – A brief and headlong ATTACK phase with immediate results. During this phase, the diet is made up of 72 high-protein foods enabling quick weight loss.
from http://www.dukandiet.co.uk/en/336-dukan-coaching/the-dukan-method.html

Nienna Eluch said:
RedFox said:
Ellipse said:
RedFox said:

You have that symptom ?

I've reached a natural point myself of eating fewer vegetables. Mostly I cut out the soup (based on the ultra broth), as that seemed to aggravate the pain. Some days I'll only have meat with a few herbs and buckwheat pancakes.
Thanks for the heads up Ellipse, but it seems as long as I'm getting enough fat and remember to take my digestive aid my weight stays stable, even if I spend all week just eating meat and pancakes. My weight does drop however if I don't get enough help digesting the meat.....

RedFo
RedFox said:
Mostly I cut out the soup (based on the ultra broth), as that seemed to aggravate the pain.

So, not only you do not gain weigh, but you have pain. Have you consider to visit an acupuncturist ?

Ellipse said:
RedFo
RedFox said:
Mostly I cut out the soup (based on the ultra broth), as that seemed to aggravate the pain.

So, not only you do not gain weigh, but you have pain. Have you consider to visit an acupuncturist ?

Haven't considered acupuncture before.
Perhaps I should clarify the pain. Originally it was a sharp pain that I thought may be minor gall stones (none where found)....as I've improved things its faded away. Now its to the point where its a little like having a cut in your mouth, that if you drink something hot it stings.......the pain I feel is a little like that, which is why I thought it may be ulcers.

Do you think an acupuncturist could help? I really don't like needles....so this would not be high on my list of things to try unless you think it has a good chance of working.

RedFox said:
Perhaps I should clarify the pain. Originally it was a sharp pain that I thought may be minor gall stones (none where found)....as I've improved things its faded away. Now its to the point where its a little like having a cut in your mouth, that if you drink something hot it stings.......the pain I feel is a little like that, which is why I thought it may be ulcers.

Where this pain is located exactly ?

RedFox said:
Do you think an acupuncturist could help? I really don't like needles....so this would not be high on my list of things to try unless you think it has a good chance of working.

OH YES !

You see, there's a concealed fact about acupuncture. The needles part is only half of the whole. The other half is the Chinese pulse. A real acupuncturist read the Chinese pulse on your wrist and under less a minute know all of your body. He see which organs are well functioning and which ones are under strain. This is amazing.
He complete, or should I say confirm, his diagnose by asking about the diet, the symptoms and the pain like you describe. His experience do the rest to decide of the treatment.

Then he have several medicines at his disposal. Needles, moxa (heat), herbal medicine, infrareds, etc.. The needles are put on very precise points of the body. As each body are different, he can find precisely the point with his finger and these points are not much sensible. This have nothing to do with pricking ourself with a pin. Most of the time you do not feel something.

As nothing is simple in this world, the difficult part is to find a professional, real and skilled acupuncturist but it worth the research.

Quote from: RedFox on Today at 07:01:07

OH YES !

You see, there's a concealed fact about acupuncture. The needles part is only half of the whole. The other half is the Chinese pulse. A real acupuncturist read the Chinese pulse on your wrist and under less a minute know all of your body. He see which organs are well functioning and which ones are under strain. This is amazing.
He complete, or should I say confirm, his diagnose by asking about the diet, the symptoms and the pain like you describe. His experience do the rest to decide of the treatment.

Then he have several medicines at his disposal. Needles, moxa (heat), herbal medicine, infrareds, etc.. The needles are put on very precise points of the body. As each body are different, he can find precisely the point with his finger and these points are not much sensible. This have nothing to do with pricking ourself with a pin. Most of the time you do not feel something.

As nothing is simple in this world, the difficult part is to find a professional, real and skilled acupuncturist but it worth the research.

I agree with Ellipse; acupuncture works wanders but to find someone professional is kind a hard.
My father had a sinus infection that was so advanced that the doctors said his only chance was to do an operation and cut his cheek and clean the bone under the face skin. Well he refused and went to see an acupuncturist.
I saw the guy and he was one in a million. He told me just by looking at my face all the problems I had. In any case, my dad did it for 3 months or something like that and by the end, a small hall has opened inside his mouth through witch the infection was draining out. Later the hole closed and he was like new. By the way, the doctors who said he needed surgery, said he was going to be affected for life after the cut and that his sinuses were going to remain very sensitive -well no such problems ever occurred after the acupuncture and that is some 15 years back.

In any case, if you are afraid of needles, you shouldn't worry- you feel nothing. I do encourage you to look into this matter if you think it can suit your needs. He hardest part, in my opinion, is to find a good one and that may even imply traveling.

Have a look at meridians as well. ;) If you have someone that can help you, then meridians can be learned(by following charts) and applied to some degree.

Thanks for the info Ellipse and andi, will see what I can find in my area (which reminds me I need to look into massage/body work too).

Ellipse said:
The right side of my body, underneath my ribs. The exact place you'd have pain if you have gall stones. Just below the liver and to the right of the stomach.

RedFox said:
Thanks for the info Ellipse and andi, will see what I can find in my area (which reminds me I need to look into massage/body work too).

Ellipse said:
The right side of my body, underneath my ribs. The exact place you'd have pain if you have gall stones. Just below the liver and to the right of the stomach.

Have you taken a serum test for Helicobacter Pylori? This is the bacterial agent behind ulcers in the stomach and duodenum.

Back
Top Bottom