I'm thinking about purchasing a gun...

What strikes me about the image of Jordan Peterson at a shooting range, my interpretation is, he could be sending a subtle message, I could be wrong. Could he be sending a warning to intellectuals, the implications of living in a communist, totalitarian country/society, the intellectuals were the first to be sacrificed.

Well that is a pretty blank statement.

Here, from the Criminal Code of Canada Section 34, is the self-defense provision in view:

This is a confusing issue for most, because of all the disinformation out there from the media and the so called experts. That is why I decided to study it a bit more on my own.
BTW the OP that I responded to is from the US, and that largely framed my response.
Simply beware that "self-defense", as existing in Canada, is more of a myth than a reality. In Quebec, it is still relatively common for thieves to break into a house, cut themselves on broken glass or twist their ankle running away, sue, and win. Attacking with any weapon or thing that may be construed as a weapon requires actual present threat of grievous harm. Not that you are the one to judge whether that was the case or not, nor your peers; the prosecution and the Crown will be the judge of that.

Nor is there a legal doctrine such as 'stand your ground', at least as far as I was able to find out. Anyways. I'd look a bit deeper into the laws, but I can't say I care much considering all of it, all the laws right down to the so-called Constitution itself, are nothing but expressions of goodwill from the Crown. None of it is binding to it, it only binds those who submit to the slavearchy.

Simply beware that "self-defense", as existing in Canada, is more of a myth than a reality. In Quebec, it is still relatively common for thieves to break into a house, cut themselves on broken glass or twist their ankle running away, sue, and win. Attacking with any weapon or thing that may be construed as a weapon requires actual present threat of grievous harm. Not that you are the one to judge whether that was the case or not, nor your peers; the prosecution and the Crown will be the judge of that.

Nor is there a legal doctrine such as 'stand your ground', at least as far as I was able to find out. Anyways. I'd look a bit deeper into the laws, but I can't say I care much considering all of it, all the laws right down to the so-called Constitution itself, are nothing but expressions of goodwill from the Crown. None of it is binding to it, it only binds those who submit to the slavearchy.
I kind of wish you wouldn't quote me in your replies, because you are just going off in your own tangent, getting on a soapbox of which I have no affiliation.

I kind of wish you wouldn't quote me in your replies, because you are just going off in your own tangent, getting on a soapbox of which I have no affiliation.
It was a direct reply, to your own post containing a reply to me, and hitting reply is a nice way to naturally thread the conversation. Sorry, from your stated user location in Canada, I simply thought it relevant to underline self-defense stands on much more shaky grounds here in the Queen's Dominion.

The last couple of months I have been doing some digging into the issue of acquiring firearms, and one site that really opened my eyes, is a Youtube channel called Active Self Protection. The founder has almost daily videos of instances of people protecting themselves from all sorts of things, robbers, home invaders etc, and they go through the videos step by step highlighting the moral and legal lessons from each one. One thing that comes up a lot is, these robbers and criminals don't care about anything, and will do anything to get what they want. And that it is really a moral right of good people to be able to protect themselves. For sure, the power brokers don't want you to be able to protect yourself, and in crazy Democratic cities and states, have made it almost impossible for good, law abiding citizens to acquire self protection weapons. I would learn everything you can about those weapons, and know how to use them if the need ever arises. Check out that site if you get a chance.

I have binged pretty much all of their older stuff (I am subscribed to their Youtube channel) and I have learned a lot. Mainly that those who conceal carry usually are protecting others as much as they are protecting themselves.

I begin my concealed carry course in about a month.

I have binged pretty much all of their older stuff (I am subscribed to their Youtube channel) and I have learned a lot. Mainly that those who conceal carry usually are protecting others as much as they are protecting themselves.

I begin my concealed carry course in about a month.
Good to hear. I think training is super important if you are going to carry. When I first started watching his channel, I was really impressed listening to his lessons. A lot of his teachings align with what we believe here. And gives you another perspective from the endless disinformation out there. Was a bit of an eye opener for me.

1. Does it really matter what President Biden says? If he would say the flats equipped with gas stoves will explode and whole buildings will catch fire would you buy a parachute?
2. Are you physically, mentally and emotionally ok to wound, seriously wound or even kill someone even if in self defense? Have you ever pictured yourself in the aftermath, leaning over someone you have just seriously injured?
3. Have you ever thought that you might get ovepowered by someone armed with a knife, wounded and then shot with your own gun?
1. no
2. no
3. no

I, too, have wondered about this very question (of owning a gun) for awhile but after reading some posts here, Edward Leedskalnin for some reason popped into my mind.

Back
Top Bottom