Ingo Swann's Penetration

LQB

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Has anyone read Ingo Swann's 1998 book Penetration? I did a forum search on Ingo and only came up with minor mentions. I'm currently reading it now.

I haven't read it but I know of him. He's mentioned in The Field, and was one of the first "psychic spies" that the US government used for remote viewing. Jim Marrs' book Psi Spies goes into great detail as to how Ingo was one of the first people to conduct the remote viewing experiment at the Stanford Research Insititue.

Same here not read this particular book, but when i first made use of the university library here many years ago I was able to print out some papers about 500 (Maybe more) of them written by Swann which was about remote viewing.This was available on the internet. Think there was also a number of pages on Kasparov also.Not sure though.

In it he mentions how he had been a member of Scientology for a while and various other stuff / movements , and that despite everything there is always something to learn from everything. He spoke of creating new neural networks in the brain from things learnt and so on. Read it all , though remember only this.Maybe it collapsed some of my N N s :)

Thanks beau/rabbit. The book has been out of print for some time (one used copy was going for $500+ on the net) and from what I've read so far, its not likely to see a reprint. A friend of mine dug up a pdf scanned copy somewhere on the net. I've read three of his other books and seen a DVD presentation of his on RV. I like him and some of his open, out-of-the-box thinking with regard to psi/higher dimensions/parallel realities/telepathy/etc. So far in Penetration he describes events beginning in 1975 with a cooperative kidnapping of himself by deep black US Gov for the purposes of RVing the dark side of the moon. What he finds is fascinating and seems to confirm what the black operatives already suspect/know. If there is interest in the forum - I'll describe the story here as I go along. [Ingo claims he agreed not to disclose these events for a period of 10 years after which the operative claimed their activites with respect to Ingo would be concluded. No NDA (non-disclosure agreement) was signed since, as the operative explained, his organization was entirely paperless.]

Cyre2067, you are right this would make an excellent movie.

In the first chapters of the book, Ingo decribes his "cooperative" kidnapping by deep black US Gov Intel, RVing of the moon at their request, and a subsequent set of experiences with the same folk. The narrative is a set-up for his real reason for the book, so I'm going to jump ahead and give you a few quotes from Chapter 12 entitled: THE MOON AS A TARGET FOR SPIN DOCTORISM? I'll summarize the narrative leading up to this in a later post. From Chapter 12, Ingo says:

The process of constructing a reality requires three activities, all of which require information-management talents:

(1) facts, evidence, and information that might support the reality (thereby proving it real) need to be emphasized and, best of all, taught as the truth;
(2) facts, evidence and information that would tend to deconstruct the reality need to be disposed of somehow;
(3) the willful introduction of useful illusions if and when (1) and (2) above cannot be made to seem consistent or to be creatively managed.

Anyone who can become expert in dealing with the three factors above will find his or her talents as a "spin doctor" much in demand. The term "spin doctor" is of rather recent vintage [remeber this is 1998 when he wrote this], of course, but the craft it represents is a quite old and traditional one.

[...........]

It is necessary to dig a little deeper in order to achieve a more firm grasp of the meaning of the above considerations. It can be observed, at least hypothetically, that the average human being cannot function very well unless a few realities are established, and which thereafter arouse some semblance of certainty. Otherwise the human sort of flops about in a sinkhole of uncertainty. And groups of humans flopping about in this way are known to be detrimental with regard to any number of situations. Indeed information NEEDS to be managed in order to avoid extensive demonstrations of such flopping around.

This natural and perpetual NEED automatically calls forth the profession of spin doctorism. If human specimens were NOT information processing entities, each, in thier own right, then the age-old profession of spin doctoring would not be needed. As it is, though, human specimens ARE information processing entities. That this is so results in a variety of problems that sometimes stress the creative energies of spin doctors in no small way. But reagarding this there are sometimes two blessings that ease the job of proficient spin doctors.

The first blessing is that a fair share of humans don't really require copious amounts of information as they proceed from the womb of birth to the maw of death. The second blessing is that a fair share of humans will accept illusory information, since it does take rather copious amounts of information to distinguish illusory from other kinds of information.

Spin doctors since antiquity have apparently been keenly aware of these two blessings. It has long been understood that illusory information can serve quite excellent purposes, since in large part there is no profess desire among the human masses for other kinds of information.

[End Ingo quote]

So we can see where he is going here - pointing up much of the concerns of this forum.

Based on what I've read so far of Penetration - I would give a "thumbs-up" on a read recommendation. I'll continue with a description of the first part of his story in the next post. But I need to figure out how to get his text from scanned pdf to forum post without painfully typing all of this. There are some places where I would much rather give you his words rather than my description. Till then,

Larry

Another quote from Chapter 7 for context - and possibly some additional research:

I was also in touch with the marvelous researcher, Dr. Shafica Karagulla, and her research companion, Dr. Viola Neal, both of whom have passed on. Shafica was a neuropsychiatrist who had broken with mainstream psychiatry to establish the Higher Sense Perception Foundation, and had published in 1967 her famous book, Breakthrough to Creativity. Viola was a notable clairvoyant whose psychic mapping of human biofields and psychic diagnosis of diseases had been confirmed by by doctors and in hospitals.

Viola and Shafica were very kind to me in many ways. Their combined knowledge levels seemed extensive, even endless. One had the impression that thier consciounesses were existing in some higher frequency range - from where they could look down into the dross of average human life. And in this dross this dynamic duo could perceive conspiracies erecting invisible prisons into which human abilities were incarcerated and destroyed. Beyond this, the two were plugged in to the unofficial tom-toms of science central and its many fringes which included parapsychology, governmental plans and plots, and the carryings-on of contemporary mystics and occultists.

[End Ingo Quote]

Ingo had three experiences with these Gov Intel operatives spread over about 2 years from 1975 to 1977. The Intel operative responsible for his experiences referred to himself as "Mr Axelrod". To quote from his third experience:

So here it was again, the one-way conversation typical of all "Mr Axelrod" encounters. "Well, I guess you guys, whoever you are, have a problem, and from all I can tell, Earth is under some kind of siege. UFOs appear everywhere, are seen by thousands. Yet they are illusive, but of concern, so you are trying to fit the pieces together. And I would suppose, too, that you are desperate, enough at least to try to employ psychics to help you out."

"You see," Axel laughed. "I don't don't have to tell you anything, do I?"

[End Ingo quote]

Many years went by until 1991 when Ingo was reminded of the "Axelrod" experiences by exposure to and article in FATE magazine, by a Felix Bach, about structural anomolies on the moon. Regarding this he says:

Back in 1991, largely because of the Felix Bach article, and largely because I had become aware of memory problems regarding the Axelrod affair, I decided to remember all I could of it and write it down - and to do so before I really did forget it altogether. You see, I had begun to suspect that Earthsiders as a whole seem to be caught up in some kind of strange but broadly shared amnesia induced, perhaps, in some kind of wholesale way by means totally unrecognizable by human intellects.

I seem to recall, but can't remember where, a science fiction story of social-wide amnesia having to do with hypnotic commands to FORGET, FORGET what you have seen, and ATTACK AND DESTROY those who insist they have seen it. This kind of thing is really far out, and this writer, of course, cannot insist on anything of the kind. In Part Three, though, I'll begin to build upon this possibility a little, but only for what it might be worth to the reader.

[End Ingo quote]

Next, I'll summarize the "Axelrod affair".

Hi,
I don't really know about this stuff but if his book is difficult to get this might be interesting:

_http://www.scribd.com/doc/415880/Entire-Ingo-Swann-Database

Not sure if it's under copyright but at least you can read it at the online library.

JP.

JP said:
Hi,
I don't really know about this stuff but if his book is difficult to get this might be interesting:

_http://www.scribd.com/doc/415880/Entire-Ingo-Swann-Database

Not sure if it's under copyright but at least you can read it at the online library.

JP.
Thanks JP - the book is in second printing! - but sold out apparently. I didn't see where the pdf or on-line version is available for viewing, but I'll assume you are right.

I'll end my inputs to this thread unless I see a request to do otherwise.

LQB, I'm interested, and I would like to read more...

I think this is relevant and important info

-Kel

Kel said:
LQB, I'm interested, and I would like to read more...

I think this is relevant and important info

-Kel
Will do Kel - coming up.

Larry

LQB said:
I didn't see where the pdf or on-line version is available for viewing, but I'll assume you are right.
I just downloaded the online version from the link JP provided. There are simple buttons under 'download' section, left from the document,
one can choose between the Pdf, Word and plain text ;-)

Thanks for info on this book LQB, it sure seems interesting :)

Color said:
LQB said:
I didn't see where the pdf or on-line version is available for viewing, but I'll assume you are right.
I just downloaded the online version from the link JP provided. There are simple buttons under 'download' section, left from the document,
one can choose between the Pdf, Word and plain text ;-)

Thanks for info on this book LQB, it sure seems interesting :)
Thanks Color. It is very interesting - it would be nice to attract some more readers here for more comments. I'll add a few more posts for those that don't have the time to read it. If you get through some of the book soon, join me here with description/comments.

Back
Top Bottom