Inside the Laurel Canyon...

Re: Inside the LC(Laurel Canyon):.........

Initially, I was a pretty big Dave fan. His stuff is fascinating AND entertaining. His particular brand of humor is a refreshing counterpoint to the sinister matters he deals with. This series of articles led to a reassessment of the ultimate value of his investigations, though. In short, there seems to be way too much speculation and not enough substantive "connecting of the dots". A few examples from these two recent articles: " Watson's frequent sidekick Dean Moorehouse, by the way, hailed from Minot, North Dakota, identified by Maury Terry as the longtime home of a Process Church faction with deep ties to Offutt Air Force Base. Though it is purely speculation, it seems entirely possible that Moorehouse served as a handler for both Charlies - Manson and Watson", AND, "Cornell also happened to be where Joan and Mimi's dad, Albert Baez, conducted classified research. Albert Baez tended to move around a lot, popping up for varying periods of time at Stanford, UC Berkeley, Cornell, and MIT, all of which have been repeatedly identified as hotbeds of MK-ULTRA research.

Albert Baez also traveled abroad, to France, Switzerland, and, in 1951, to Baghdad, Iraq, where he spent a year purportedly teaching physics and building a physics laboratory at the University of Baghdad. 1951 also happened to be the year that Mossadegh was duly elected in neighboring Iran and the CIA immediately began planning a coup to oust him, but I'm sure that that is just a coincidence." (sorry, I'm a relatively new poster and haven't checked out how to do the quotation thing properly) --- So, the extremely tentative connections made here are that it is "entirely possible" that because someone grew up in Minot, ND, they are the intelligence communities "handlers" for both Charles Manson and Charles Watson, and because Gram Parsons was part of the Cambridge music scene which included Joan Baez, whose father was doing classified govt. research and happened to work at various universities where known MK Ultra research was conducted, that Mr. Parsons was from the beginning of his musical career part of this IC social engineering program..... well maybe, but seems like a real stretch to me.

Echoing other posters comments that it does stand to reason that the PTB would have made an effort to control and co-opt the naturally occurring reaction to the extreme repression experienced during the fifties social climate and the rising opposition to the Vietnam War, "The Movement" as many referred to it back then, I think our history during this period is more organic than engineered. Not to say Dave's premise isn't true to some degree, but, I just don't see real "beef" in these articles.

Clarification: my organic versus engineered comment is meant to pertain to the genesis of the "countercultural" movement. Certainly the several assasinations of "iconic" public figures representing hope and change during these times were prime examples of the sledgehammer approach to social engineering (dark variety). Yes kids, things were pretty primitive back then....

Unit e said:
Clarification: my organic versus engineered comment is meant to pertain to the genesis of the "countercultural" movement.

The genesis was a general dissatisfaction on several fronts, the war being the leading point - and a motivation to speak out about that dissatisfaction, which - necessarily - needed to be vectored by the PTB - thus, the 'counter cultural movement' as it is known today; a perfect vector.

unit e said:
Certainly the several assasinations of "iconic" public figures representing hope and change during these times were prime examples of the sledgehammer approach to social engineering (dark variety). Yes kids, things were pretty primitive back then....

'Things' have always been 'pretty primitive' and they continue so today.

I agree that McGowan's lack of referenced sources is unfortunate - one ends up feeling as if they are reading fiction, as opposed to fact. It's difficult to tell where the facts end and the supposition begins at times and there do seem to be quite few 'stretches'. However, knowing what we know about the way things work, many of those stretches might not be stretches at all... - or perhaps they are - again, referenced sources would clear up that issue. osit.

Well sure, any attempt to mold peoples conciousness to accept a false version of reality always has to appeal to the primitive survival instincts of the human psyche. Obviously, those abilities that we regard as higher or more advanced, such as rational thought or the discernment of what is true by the objective analysis of "facts" aren't going to work for the manipulators. They need to set their hooks where the fears and demons live.

Dave McGowan really does push the envelope in that he is inferring a level of depravity and cynicism among the ruling elite that almost beggers belief. Are we literally being ruled by Satanists? Is there a secret agenda behind every aspect of our consensus reality? Events of the last decade (especially) point to the plausibility of his suppositions. Personally, I think there's a good reason that there isn't more documention to back up some of his assertions. Much of what he posits or alludes to will probably remain conjecture because it ultimately can't be verified. Some of his information does seem to be twisted to fit his hypothesis rather than arrived at from the other end. So yeah, I think his fast and loose, freewheeling style is sometimes more entertainment than responsible journalism, but basically his "take" on what he's writing about seems sound and his particular perspective just COULD be accurate. Anyway, he's a "fun" read and has unearthed some really recondite facts.

Like some of you, I'm less than happy with the lack of references and some of the seemingly "loose" connections and assumptions. I even looked up the thing about the woman whose parents committed suicide and then her adoptive mother did also - Gypsy what's'er face - and found a plausible explanation. Well, it was plausible until I thought about it awhile. I thought "what kind of person would commit suicide after adopting a child that they know lost both parents to suicide?" Even if the second parent had cancer... And the first set were said to have committed suicide in protest against Nazis???

That's just one item I checked on and the story as given by the mainstream just doesn't fly for me. Even if there is an ostensible reason on the surface - heck, there are ostensible reasons on the surface of about everything! Look at the "reason" that the Zionist Israeli govt is murdering Palestinians! Because they are a threat to them, right? Well, why are Palestinians a threat to Israelis? Why were the Zulu a threat to the British? Why were the Native Americans a threat to the American colonists??? Why were the Irish a threat to the British?

So, even if Dave is not writing as a scholar, it sure makes you think and all these bizarre coincidences are just TOO much to be coincidental.

UnitE said:
Dave McGowan really does push the envelope in that he is inferring a level of depravity and cynicism among the ruling elite that almost beggers belief.

Not really - not if you have researched psychopathy.

UnitE said:
Are we literally being ruled by Satanists?

Psychopaths, some of which very well may be Satanists. And if they are not, there still isn't much difference.

UnitE said:
Is there a secret agenda behind every aspect of our consensus reality?

Well, seems to be so, but I think that is just the natural way of psychopathy. It's another taxon with its own agenda.

UnitE said:
Events of the last decade (especially) point to the plausibility of his suppositions.

Yup, they sure do.

UnitE said:
Personally, I think there's a good reason that there isn't more documention to back up some of his assertions. Much of what he posits or alludes to will probably remain conjecture because it ultimately can't be verified.

I agree.

UnitE said:
Some of his information does seem to be twisted to fit his hypothesis rather than arrived at from the other end.

Or maybe not. I think that if even 10% of what he says is absolutely the truth, we are screwed.

UnitE said:
So yeah, I think his fast and loose, freewheeling style is sometimes more entertainment than responsible journalism, but basically his "take" on what he's writing about seems sound and his particular perspective just COULD be accurate. Anyway, he's a "fun" read and has unearthed some really recondite facts.

Couldn't have said it better myself. It has a good probability of being the Truth considering what we know about psychopathy.

Part XIV is now up on McGowen's website.

_http://www.davesweb.cnchost.com/nwsltr106.html

Laura said:
So, even if Dave is not writing as a scholar, it sure makes you think and all these bizarre coincidences are just TOO much to be coincidental.

I agree. Dave's humour and presentation are perhaps his way of dealing with the horror of the situation, and making palatable the very uncomfortable scenario presented in his articles. Has he given us a smoking gun? Not as such, I think, but the 'coincidences' really stretch the meaning of the word and do add up to a smoking gun of sorts. As Laura so succinctly put it:

Laura said:
I think that if even 10% of what he says is absolutely the truth, we are screwed.

The humour in his pieces makes them very easy to read, and I find that I am sometimes chuckling at Dave's description of things that are actually truly appalling. I grew up listening to some of the musicians in question - Frank Zappa was one of my favourites in the dim and distant - and Dave's articles have demolished for me a sort-of-sacred cow.

It also raises for me a question about the music. If these musicians were/are ultimately under the control of various psychopathic managers or handlers, or even psychopaths themselves - certainly there's more than a few personality disorders in Laurel Canyon - what about the content of the music? I have thought about this and wondered what 'psychopathic' music would sound like, or perhaps I should say music made by persons under the influence of psychopaths, as essential psychopaths are lacking the creative capacity needed to create music. I don't think it would necessarily be death metal or something similar to that. It could be something from which the real emotion has been leached away, or was never there in the first place, leaving something so 'nice' and bland as to be, for me at any rate, virtually unlistenable. An example would be newage tinkly feel-good music, the creators of which always seem to have great difficulty acknowledging the reality of suffering and sorrow.

Hi mada85

Hopefully I'm not going too far off topic with the following....

mada85 said:
It also raises for me a question about the music. If these musicians were/are ultimately under the control of various psychopathic managers or handlers, or even psychopaths themselves - certainly there's more than a few personality disorders in Laurel Canyon - what about the content of the music? I have thought about this and wondered what 'psychopathic' music would sound like, or perhaps I should say music made by persons under the influence of psychopaths, as essential psychopaths are lacking the creative capacity needed to create music. I don't think it would necessarily be death metal or something similar to that. It could be something from which the real emotion has been leached away, or was never there in the first place, leaving something so 'nice' and bland as to be, for me at any rate, virtually unlistenable. An example would be newage tinkly feel-good music, the creators of which always seem to have great difficulty acknowledging the reality of suffering and sorrow.

You reminded me of this quote that may help put your question in perspective

Lobaczewski said:
As adduced above, the anomaly distinguished as essential psychopathy inspires
the overall phenomenon in a well-developed pathocracy and betrays biological
analogies to the well known phenomenon called Daltonism, color-blindness or
near-blindness as regard to red and green. For the purpose of an intellectual exer-
cise, let us thus imagine that Daltonists have managed to take over power in some
country and have forbidden the citizens from distinguishing these colors, thus
eliminating the distinction between green (unripe) and ripe tomatoes. Special
vegetable patch inspectors armed with pistols and pickets would patrol the areas to
make sure the citizens were not selecting only ripe tomatoes to pick, which would
indicate that they were distinguishing between red and green. Such inspectors
could not, of course, be totally color-blind themselves (otherwise they could not
exercise this extremely important function). They could not suffer more than near-
blindness as regards these colors. However, they would have to belong to the clan
of people made nervous by any discussion about colors.

To use the analogy above it'll be the musicians (managers etc) who are almost colour blind that would lead this. As to what the music would sound like, that would depend on the PTB's goal.
Psychopaths may be colour blind emotionally, but the smart ones can illicit emotional responces in the rest of us if it gets them what they want. What better method than music to illicit emotions?

So to answer the question as to what the music would sound like....what music do you hear day in day out, that is promoted by large (powerful, well funded) companies? Most of it that you could describe as 'popular' music....or for more specific types the most 'successful' among particular styles/sub cultures.
That's not to say all of it is mind, but it seems likely a high percentage of it is pathologically influenced.

As a specific example, I think Britney Spears fits the bill. I find her tunes very 'catchy' (especially if I'm not paying attention!), but if you listen to the flavour its distinctly pathological.

RedFox said:
As a specific example, I think Britney Spears fits the bill. I find her tunes very 'catchy' (especially if I'm not paying attention!), but if you listen to the flavour its distinctly pathological.
this is also the first 'artist' that came to mind when i read mada85's post.
others would be people like 'usher' or justin timberlake - their music is basically a capitalistic instruction program on how to behave (go to clubs, consume, have sex with whoever is willing, etc.) - revolting stuff...

but the worst offender is in my opinion rap, especially 'gangster rap'. it is amazing how the art form has been utterly compromised since its birth in the late 70's, early 80's. back then it was a political voice for many youths - these days it is a propagator of psychopathic ideals.

'Inside the LC' is notable in part because of the time period Dave is describing, which was at the beginning of a huge expansion and outreach with popular music and a new generation of listeners. Many factors came together at that time to make popular music a viable means of influence. FM radio was a big part of that. Before the early 70's, people listened to AM radio which was half commercials and very limited. Very competitive. A big major-city radio station might have only 20 or 30 songs on their main rotation list and they tended to play them over and over all day. At about the same time as the Laurel Canyon scene that McGowan is describing, radio blossomed into many more stations with much less restriction on content & format and fewer commercials. The audience grew, sales grew, the number of artists to choose from grew and the concert circuit grew. Sales of stereo equipment for the home grew.
All this translated into more money and bigger business with greater power to reach more people. The mechanisms of controlling the message and content flowed from these giant corporations which became involved in every aspect of this business. These big companies exerted a huge amount of control over the artists who ended up on their payrolls, but it was largely because they controlled the gates of access to the audience. In my opinion, the psychopaths are the ones who work within these companies and run them. The artists themselves are by and large narcissistic, but not psychopathic. From what I understand, psychopaths do not tend to have well developed skill sets with 'crafts' and the nuts and bolts of 'artistic' creations. Control over artists was/ is not all that difficult since the companies make the contracts which usually from the very start put all but the biggest sellers into debt to the company which then must be repaid through more sales. The companies controlled access to radio, record stores and concert venues, so there was a big incentive for the artist to 'play ball', otherwise they would fail. All sorts of incentives, blackmails and authoritarian tactics have been regularly employed by music business companies to get artists to do what they want. For every artist you are familiar with, there are thousands you never heard of, among them many who wanted to 'do their own thing' independent from that control.
So my sense is that the 'messages' being advanced by the PTB in this arena have been put together through a system of filtration and control applied by the gatekeepers more than the artists themselves. It has been interesting to learn the connections many of these LC denizens had to intelligence agencies and military through their families through this series. It is not at all difficult to imagine someone hatching a plan to advance an agenda through the voices of all these emerging artists to their growing audiences. Choosing from among their own or cultivating from their own families seems plausible, especially at the start. However, it seems far more likely to me that these artists were used, rather than to have been directly responsible or even aware of what was going on in that regard.
For whatever its worth, I was involved with the music industry back in the 70's, have kept one foot in the door since then and have many friends and associates who have made a lifetime out of it, and I do not find anything Dave has to say difficult to believe. I think he captures the spirit of the time quite well.

Redfox wrote: << As to what the music would sound like, that would depend on the PTB's goal. Psychopaths may be colour blind emotionally, but the smart ones can illicit emotional responces in the rest of us if it gets them what they want. What better method than music to illicit emotions? >>

I think this is right on. Don't forget that psychopaths are the world's greatest actors and the best of them can fake anything. Also, don't forget how disinformation works, and that there could very well be a musical model. In such a model, truly passionate artists would be the "useful idiots" drawing people in with their true emotion, into alignment, into a movement, which is then, from the top, co-opted and redirected.

Hi,
just like to admit Dave McGowan has continued his installment:

http://www.davesweb.cnchost.com/nwsltr108.html

That's elicit, not illicit.

just something i read today on wikipedia (unfortunately there is no source for this) which fits in here...

(this is about 1974)
While they would have the press believe that their characteristic arguments were a thing of the past, excesses typical to the era took their toll. Stills began supplementing his trademark wardrobe of football jerseys with military fatigues, insinuating that he was a deep-cover CIA agent.
_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CSNY#Shaky_reconciliation

Back
Top Bottom