Iodine and Potassium Iodide

I’ve decided to give this higher dose iodine experiment a try again. It’s been years since I first started taking 60mg/day and had some of the worst detox reactions/symptoms I’ve probably ever experienced. But since then I’ve managed to take a lot when sick so was very careful when high dosing again. I started out with 60mg and would do it once every few days to see how I’d respond. In the first week I did notice I was revved up more on the days I did take iodine as opposed to not, and my core body temperature was a little higher. But there were issues with dry mouth and feeling thirsty on those days even though I was drinking a lot of water. Fast forward I’m doing 2-3 days on and 1-2 days off at about 80mg and I do feel as if I don’t need coffee anymore to wake me up and be alert. I’ll be upping the doses but very slowly. Maybe add in an extra drop or two per weekly cycle and see how things go. So far so good and it’s much easier to down the iodine water with a meal.

A week ago I noticed that after I passed the 200mg mark I was experiencing no symptoms, except for a runny nose. While taking less than 200 (50mg - 150mg) I had light flue symptoms, I thought I had caught the flue from someone else but the symptoms dissapearred and reappeared as I stopped and started the 50mg dosage. So I think it was the Iodine. Since then I've upped the dose by about 50 - 100mg a day, reaching 750mg a few days ago. Strangely enough my urine had less colour than when I took 50mg and under, whether that's an indicator that I'm absorbing so much or not is hard to say.

Even with 750mg I felt no symptoms, the only problem seems to be the stomach tolerance. My body was having a hard time with 300+ mg of iodine per meal, and it made me want to barf. 750 mg was a few days ago and I've stopped for two days to rest and took 300mg today. My tolerance seems to have increased today, 300 mg did not produce the same "feel like I swallowed raw crushed garlic" sensation. Taking 750mg is difficult in weekdays with work, so in the weekend I'll increase it again and stick to 300 - 400 mg during the week while resting a few days here and there.

A week ago I noticed that after I passed the 200mg mark I was experiencing no symptoms, except for a runny nose. While taking less than 200 (50mg - 150mg) I had light flue symptoms, I thought I had caught the flue from someone else but the symptoms dissapearred and reappeared as I stopped and started the 50mg dosage. So I think it was the Iodine. Since then I've upped the dose by about 50 - 100mg a day, reaching 750mg a few days ago. Strangely enough my urine had less colour than when I took 50mg and under, whether that's an indicator that I'm absorbing so much or not is hard to say.

Even with 750mg I felt no symptoms, the only problem seems to be the stomach tolerance. My body was having a hard time with 300+ mg of iodine per meal, and it made me want to barf. 750 mg was a few days ago and I've stopped for two days to rest and took 300mg today. My tolerance seems to have increased today, 300 mg did not produce the same "feel like I swallowed raw crushed garlic" sensation. Taking 750mg is difficult in weekdays with work, so in the weekend I'll increase it again and stick to 300 - 400 mg during the week while resting a few days here and there.

Damn! That's a lot of iodine!

Having upped from 35mg every second day or so to 100mg daily, I've noticed many positive results. The cold which had been clinging is now dried up and gone. I've also noticed that I feel sharper in mind and body. It's GOOD! I haven't felt this good for ages.

However.., so long as bugs are being successfully nuked beyond their tollerence, and there is enough on-going iodine presence to bond with and flush out heavy metals, I'm not entirely sure what the benefits of dosing above that level is.

If I up my dosage to 150 or 200mg, what benefits are there to be had? When does kill bugs become over-kill bugs?

If I up my dosage to 150 or 200mg, what benefits are there to be had? When does kill bugs become over-kill bugs?

@Woodsman ,

Maybe it is something we have to accept (for now anyway) that we may never completely eliminate all the "bugs". I know I am getting similar results when increasing the dosage. Then, I tend to lower it for awhile until the next assault symptoms.

There may be a point when one can find a perfect maintenance dosage but I suppose that would greatly vary according to the individual and their genetics. At least I am grateful to have the Iodine to use when the infection symptoms occur. That is not so different from going to the doctor for the same symptoms of cold, flu, sore throat, inflammations etc...

Some things like dental root canals and mercury fillings need other solutions. There are so many different factors for everyone. I think of those with heart conditions and stents who have to stay on certain medications. They would have to take all those things into consideration I think.

The diet makes a difference too. I have changed my diet even before starting the Iodine in November of 2015. I don't think the Iodine would be as effective if I was still eating bread and not trying to avoid GMO etc..

"over-kill" of bugs might be killing the good gut bacteria. I haven't done anything with the probiotics yet so that may be something for me to learn more about.

I think the clear-headed result may be one of the best things about the Iodine. We have many healing modalities being explored here but Iodine is definitely one that may be more accessible and one that is truly amazing.

@Woodsman ,

[...]

The diet makes a difference too. I have changed my diet even before starting the Iodine in November of 2015. I don't think the Iodine would be as effective if I was still eating bread and not trying to avoid GMO etc..

"over-kill" of bugs might be killing the good gut bacteria. I haven't done anything with the probiotics yet so that may be something for me to learn more about.

I think the clear-headed result may be one of the best things about the Iodine. We have many healing modalities being explored here but Iodine is definitely one that may be more accessible and one that is truly amazing.

This is another item I've wondered about but never heard discussed. I can't imagine that gut bacteria would enjoy being splashed with iodine regularly. But those who dose with large quantities haven't complained of wasting away or digestion problems.

There seems to be a great deal we don't know.

Another thing I wonder about are those colonies living/sleeping under thick shells of goop which, when penetrated can cause extreme toxic results...

The cherry angiomas are from bromine being detoxed. Even if I go up to around 20mg for one dose, I seem to get the brain fog, feelings of anxiety and dread, and cherry angiomas pop up. So I'm worried to high dose for a long time. What is the extent to which they would continue appearing? They are hard to get rid of it seems.

Cherry angiomas are caused by bromine poisoning. Research conducted by Drs. A. D. Cohena, E. Cagnanob, and D. A. Vardya, shows the correlation between bromine poisoning and cherry angiomas.

Mysterious red moles appeared on researchers' bodies after working for extended periods of time with brominated compounds.

Bromine poisoning, stored in the fat tissues, is a halogen. It is a known disruptor which prevents the absorption of iodine in the body.

The body attempts to move the toxin away from vital body organs storing it in fat tissues and in the skin where it resides as "red dots."

Bromine poisoning symptoms may be any or all of the following:

Twitching - eyelid or feet with tingling in hands or feet
Emotions may include gloom, depression, overly emotional, anxiety for no reason, irritability
Tongue or mouth sores, broken corner of mouth, odd swallowing sensation, or dry mouth
Body odor or foul urine smell
Brain fog and lethargy
Headache, sinus problems
Metallic taste in mouth or dry mouth
Aching hips or legs
Uretheral spasm causing frequent urination not related to an infection, kidney pain
Changes in vision
Constipation or diarrhea

The other week I tried something around 17.5-20 mg in one dose, twice a day. I felt a burst of energy the first few days, but then started getting anxious and a mild feeling of dread. It only lasts for around two hours, but significantly colors my emotions and thinking.

So it's unsustainable for me, unless I need to go near 50mg? When y'all say you do XXmg of iodine, is it once a day or twice? I've always done one dose in the morning and one in the evening.

So despite my reservations, I wonder if there's a background infection lingering around.

I think you should not go up in dose, unless you have a plan that was created out of knowledge. Are you trying to increase just because some other people are experimenting with increases?

Pretty much, as in not wanting to miss out. I've been taking Iodine since this thread started in 2015. I was on a maintentance dose of one drop of 5% twice a day 5 days a week. So my knowledge may be hazy, as it's been a while that I've been on this maintenance dose.

Pretty much, as in not wanting to miss out. I've been taking Iodine since this thread started in 2015. I was on a maintentance dose of one drop of 5% twice a day 5 days a week. So my knowledge may be hazy, as it's been a while that I've been on this maintenance dose.
Settle down. You're not missing out on anything. You've been taking about 12.5mg a day. If that's been fine for you, you could try a small increase by adding a drop for a total of 3 drops or 18.75mg a day. See how that goes for a while. I've been drinking 25mg a day and I have no plans to increase, though I swish and spit out the first 25mg and drink a fresh 25mg.

These guys taking a lot are doing nuke level doses, which we already knew can help fight an infection. But they are not the ones who suffer big time with just one drop on the heel. When we don't know which individuals will suffer with one heel drop, is it responsible to advocate that they start with nuke level doses? I don't think so.

The cherry angiomas are from bromine being detoxed. Even if I go up to around 20mg for one dose, I seem to get the brain fog, feelings of anxiety and dread, and cherry angiomas pop up. So I'm worried to high dose for a long time. What is the extent to which they would continue appearing? They are hard to get rid of it seems.

@3DStudent ,

I think maybe the bromine takes a long time to completely detox from the body. I had been on a paleo/keto diet for quite awhile and still had some occasional itchy oozy rash-like bumps mostly on my legs. I think the extra iodine helped rather than making them worse.

It may not have been from bromine but it was very similar to some descriptions and photos.

If your cherry angiomas are from bromine then actually Iodine is one of the treatments suggested.

10 Health Dangers of Bromine
Protecting Yourself from Bromine
Bromine's interferes with proper thyroid function, hormone synthesis, and kidney health. And those are just a few of the many concerns associated with excessive bromine intake. Reducing your exposure to bromine and related chemicals, such as potassium bromate, is a key step to protecting your health. The next step is to ensure you have adequate iodine levels, which can be accomplished by eating iodine-rich foods or supplementing with a high-quality iodine supplement.

The other week I tried something around 17.5-20 mg in one dose, twice a day. I felt a burst of energy the first few days, but then started getting anxious and a mild feeling of dread. It only lasts for around two hours, but significantly colors my emotions and thinking.

So it's unsustainable for me, unless I need to go near 50mg? When y'all say you do XXmg of iodine, is it once a day or twice? I've always done one dose in the morning and one in the evening.

So despite my reservations, I wonder if there's a background infection lingering around.

I have only done one dose a day followed by the co-factors to detox especially spacing the Iodine from the vitamin C which neutralizes the Iodine. I prefer to take it before eating to allow it to absorb but I see others take it closer to meals or afterwards. If you take the Iodine in the evening it may interfere with your sleep due to the energizing effects.

You may be correct on a background infection that just keeps coming back.

As others suggested you don't want to over do it if you are getting some "allergic" reaction to the Iodine. Maybe slow and steady wins the race.

Actually allergic reactions may not be directly related to the Iodine.

Iodine Allergy
Myths and misconceptions

There are some myths about what actually causes an intolerance to iodine-containing substances.

Many people believe that you’ll be at risk for having an adverse reaction to iodine if you have a shellfish allergy. This is largely a misconception:

• According to a study published in the Journal of Emergency Medicine, shellfish allergies aren’t linked to an allergy to iodine. The researchers concluded that iodine isn’t an allergen.
  • Research shows that people who have a shellfish allergy and people who have an allergy to food other than shellfish, have the same chance of reacting to iodinated contrast dye.
  • Instead, proteins such as parvalbumins in fish and tropomyosins in shellfish are responsible for seafood allergies.
Some topical antiseptics contain povidone-iodine. This is a solution of polyvinylpyrrolidone and iodine:

• Povidone-iodine can cause a serious rash that’s similar to a chemical burn in a few rare cases. In some, the rash may be just a simple skin irritation, but in others, the rash could be part of an allergic reaction.
  • In patch tests, however, allergic reactions weren’t caused by the iodine. They were caused by non-iodinated copolymers in povidone. Povidone exposure has been known to result in contact dermatitis or, in very rare cases, anaphylaxis.

Maybe more vitamin C would be another route to try too.

I think advocating for or against high doses is a bit of black and white thinking. What we need to do is see who did and did not benefit from high doses, and compare their symptoms. And there is a lack of data here because people who had problems on low doses are afraid to try higher doses - this should not be taken as evidence in support of low doses. IE we need to find out who needs higher doses and why.

I think advocating for or against high doses is a bit of black and white thinking. What we need to do is see who did and did not benefit from high doses, and compare their symptoms. And there is a lack of data here because people who had problems on low doses are afraid to try higher doses - this should not be taken as evidence in support of low doses. IE we need to find out who needs higher doses and why.

When I first started taking high doses, I reacted very negatively to it, within a week. I said to myself I would never go on another detox protocol ever again because of it (and still haven't!) Yet, a few years later I seem to be able to handle that same dose and more without any major reactions or problems. So there is obviously something going on that I don't fully understand. I suspect I was loaded with bromine and fluoride toxicity from a few years back that was released all at once without my detox pathways being able to handle it. But I was also going along with it because my roommates were on the protocol and wasn't listening to or paying attention to my body's reaction to supplementing with iodine until it was too late. However, nowadays I feel like I 'need it', which is why I am testing out the higher doses again and seeing what happens. So for anyone that's jumping on-board because other members are experimenting with higher doses, you should really slow down and question your motives and intentions as to why your doing it. If you still insist on it, listen to your body and how you respond to low doses first and take it from there.

Our experience over the past 3 or 4 years is that we maintained a regular dosage: personally I (male) used 2 drops daily, and my partner had heavy detox symptoms from the onstart so she stayed at one drop (daily or every other day). It has helped us in too many ways to mention. Then recently we began skipping days, and weeks, nevertheless always coming back to the regimen which has suddenly more ffect on us that when we were doing it daily?

I would think that each one has a different relaionship to it, and that the effects can vary widely. One thing for us is certain, we are very greatful to have discovered this with your help.... And everyone in our close circle of friends who has tryed it has continued! _ FWIW

My main reason for increasing the dosage was to reverse flu-like symptoms that just didn't want to go away. I also have 3 root canals and some mercury amalgamations that may contribute to an on-going source for infection/inflamation. I adjust the dosage depending on the symptoms. I suspect others may need higher doses depending on the source of infection/inflamation. Honestly, I don't trust the majority of the medical system anymore selling vaccinations, cholesterol drugs, anti-depressants and upside down dietary advice. That makes anything that is available without an office visit very desirable to me.

I am not sure who is "advocating for or against" other than from their own experiences. I do think some "bugs" might thrive on low doses so if that is a concern I would say just don't take the Iodine and try vitamin C or some other method of healing.

You can add me to the "benefit" list.

Back
Top Bottom