Is Coffee Good or Bad for you?

melatonin

Jedi Master
Ive been looking around to see if any other food-stuffs have destructive opiate type effects like Gluten and Dairy, and found this small article on Coffee (decaff and caffienated).

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v301/n5897/abs/301246a0.html

Can anyone recommend a healthy hot drink? Im going to try fruit tea as i very much enjoy hot drinks.

Edited - one mistake.

Re: Coffee bad aswell?

melatonin said:
Ive been looking around to see if any other food-stuffs have destructive opiate type effects like Gluten and Dairy, and found this small article on Coffee (decaff and caffienated).

Can anyone recommend a healthy hot drink? Im going to try fruit tea as i very much enjoy hot drinks.

Edited - one mistake.

Fwiw, I quite enjoy Natural Calm, and you can make it as a hot drink:

_http://naturalvitality.com/natural-calm/

melatonin said:

Edited - one mistake.

For example mint tea and other tried herbs/fruits are coming to my mind (also just the classical tea bags could do), some forum member do drink black tea for example.

Gawan said:
For example mint tea and other tried herbs/fruits are coming to my mind (also just the classical tea bags could do), some forum member do drink black tea for example.

I made hot cocoa with organic cocoa powder and stevia. It's not too carby because it has a lot of fiber in it.

Hi,
I know how difficult is to get rid of coffee.
I think I found a good alternative with Cicory.
I find it in natural product shops, it comes toasted and grinded, so you can use it like coffee powder.

Bests

3D Student said:
Gawan said:

I made hot cocoa with organic cocoa powder and stevia. It's not too carby because it has a lot of fiber in it.

I make that too, make sure you use good quality cocoa powder. Stay clear of the dutch-processed powder as they supposedly have the polyphenols removed and moreover taste horrible. Also a bit of coconut oil in it doesn't hurt and gives a nice taste, if you can tolerate it.

Thanks for all the suggestions, ive checked them out and i think im going to go with the fruit tea. Got a Ginger & Lemon one now, and its pretty decent. :)

You can also try "chocolate mousse" if you tolerate eggs. It's easy to do with cocoa, butter and stevia.

Black or green tea (with or without butter) and a bit of stevia and xylitol is great on occasion. Also, as mentioned, cocoa. I drink cocoa with cocoa butter and grass fed butter with stevia and xylitol and a pinch of salt every morning. It's also great with coconut oil.

This should make the LDS chruch very happy; for them,validation is truth. Become a Mormon, you do not need any thing else.

KingTiger said:
This should make the LDS chruch very happy; for them,validation is truth. Become a Mormon, you do not need any thing else.

Im not sure if your being sarcastic or not! :cool:
God tells Mormons not to drink Coffee, ive decided not to drink it because it strongly effects the opioid system in the brain.
Maybe that also explains why (Along with Dairy and Wheat) we are told how amazing coffee is, and why its so popular.

Edited - Added smiley face.

melatonin said:

Edited - one mistake.

You can also add lima, lemon, mandirine and/or orange peel to water and let it boil for a while, then add your tea. From time to time, I also mix some vainilla powder or cinnamon in my tea with xylitol or stevia. Very yummy! You can also boil green tea together with mint leaves.

KingTiger said:

KingTiger, the above is a great example of a comment that is pure noise and contributes nothing to the discussion. It would be appreciated if you could refrain from making such comments in the future.

hesperides said:
You can also add lima, lemon, mandirine and/or orange peel to water and let it boil for a while, then add your tea. From time to time, I also mix some vainilla powder or cinnamon in my tea with xylitol or stevia. Very yummy! You can also boil green tea together with mint leaves.

The green and mint tea sounds like a good combination, but boiling either of them will make them bitter, whereas steeping them at certain temperatures below boiling won't.

The fruit peel combinations sound tasty as well :)

anart said:
KingTiger said:

KingTiger, the above is a great example of a comment that is pure noise and contributes nothing to the discussion. It would be appreciated if you could refrain from making such comments in the future.

I am really sorry for the comment, It was inteaded to be in jest. I reaslize of the noise and will refrain comments based on my ego.

Back
Top Bottom