ITV documentary "Saudi Arabia uncovered": Ideology that breeds terrorism

Maybe relevant to the deranged nature of the regime, and featured in the documentary mentioned in the OP.

Photographer Dougie Wallace originally shot people who appear to be 'obvious' visitors as they exited Harrods, one of the most expensive shops in London, England, and so called the series Harrodsburg. Some were apparently Muslim and from the middle east - you can actually spot them in London easily; chauffeurs and people who carry their bags, many times veiled, sometimes not. A lot of property in London has been snapped up by Saudi's as investments, yet another way of facilitating the wealthy of that regime.

Obviously 99% of of Saudi's could only dream of happening upon such moments of freedom as portrayed in the two pictures below.

It kinda shows how these visitors dress when given the chance, not sure i can blame them though.

00056945.jpg

He was invited to Saudi Arabia and shot the following images in a mall, covertly . Again, this is a luxury for most, and families only, but it's still incredibly eery.

It's not hard hitting journalism, but what a way to perceive femininity/females. But again, not that the West has the right idea. I was aware since a friend who would order magazines had to wait while they were censored using a black marker - similar to the below.

http://www.thestoryinstitute.com/lifting-the-veil said:
p_00066472.jpg

00066486.jpg

00066468.jpg

00066466.jpg

Men are ok though...

Dougie Wallace caused controversy in 2015 in the Arab States for having the tenacity to turn his camera on the spectacle of consumer avarice played out by it’s citizens on the streets of Knightsbridge. In an unexpected twist a Saudi Princess invited Wallace to exhibit this series of photos, Harrodsburg, in the Red Sea port of Jeddah in March 2016. His new project Lifting the Veil is a consequence of that trip.

The proliferation of photographed images of humans, especially of the sort used in advertising in the West does not sit well in Islamist doctrine, especially Wahhabism, the extreme branch of Islam that promotes an ultraconservative form of the religion.

Dougie Wallace lifts the veil on this conflict of interests in a fascinating and daring series of photos shot covertly in Jeddah shopping malls. Wallace offers a glimpse of the strict cultural codes that govern Jeddah, considered a more liberal and cosmopolitan city than it’s neighbour Riyadh.

Women may only be seen in public as shapeless forms under black, robe-like dresses that cover everything but the face, feet and hands. A strand of hair, a jeans clad leg escaping can bring trouble from the religious police or mutaween, the semi-governmental Committee to Promote Virtue and Prevent Vice.

Wallace’s images portray an eerie world of rubbed out female faces and pixelated feet. Although men and children’s faces can be shown on billboards or in store advertisements, mannequins regardless of gender are headless. A complete representation of the human body is forbidden on the off chance it may be worshipped as an idol. This logic conversely allows for with pert nippled dummies, attired in lascivious lingerie and outfits that could only be dreamed up for kinky sex to appear in abundance throughout the malls in Jeddah.

It’s impossible to get a tourist visa in this closed society where their fathers, husbands and the imam control women’s lives from cradle to grave. There are no cinemas, bars or nightclubs. For that reason Saudis spend their leisure time in malls where the restaurants have family sections and separate doors for singles.

Western companies selling in Saudi Arabia have the task of designing creative campaigns, which concur with the limits set out by the clerics. The models in the Marks & Spencer’s store have their faces erased and the girls in Zara are ghostly apparitions. Ikea billboards appear homoerotic with their solitary, bare chested men luxuriating in sumptuous white bed linen. Victoria Secrets, synonymous with their models doesn’t have a girl in sight and neither does Top Shop. Marks & Spencer recently hit the headlines when they announced their ‘modest wear Burkini’ and stress that it “covers the whole body with the exception of the face, hands and feet, without compromising on style.”

Wallace says ‘I took the decision to shoot empty shops and was careful not to include anyone in the shots. I always had my eye for the Saudi vice squad religious police and even though I had a story ready that I was a fashion blogger interested in the clothes. These religious police go around removing and covering up images deemed mildly sexually suggestive.

Islamic fashion is one of the industry's fastest growing sectors, valued to be worth more than £200 billion by 2020. High street chains make commercial decisions to happily indulge one wealthy market while demeaning women in another, shunning their responsibilities by promoting women’s bodies being imprisoned. Is there any line big business won’t cross in order to cash in? Shouldn’t they be shooting creatively to sell women’s clothes, rather than crudely photoshopping their faces and hands out?

The Saudi elite live in a World of their own .....

The Turkish government's administration has rented 500 Mercedes-Benz cars and fully reserved a luxury hotel due to the upcoming arrival of Saudi King Salman bin Abdul-Aziz Al Saud in Ankara at the invitation of Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.

Saudi King's Demands for Visit to Turkey: 500 Mercedes-Benz, Private Toilet
http://sputniknews.com/art_living/20160411/1037839718/saudi-king-visit-turkey.html

During his visit, the Saudi king will live in a new five-star hotel located in a trendy district of Ankara, which has been fully reserved for him and his entourage.

Sixteen trucks delivered food, linens and even a personal toilet for the Saudi leader to the hotel. The king will live on a separate floor in the best rooms and will be served by his own people.

The underground car park of the hotel in which the Saudi leader is expected to stay turned out to be too small for the king's cortege. Some cars were specially delivered to the country's capital from Istanbul and Antalya in order to provide the king with the required number of luxury vehicles.

The Saudi leader is planning to stay in Ankara on April 11-13. During his visit, both sides will discuss their bilateral relations, as well as problems of regional and international importance.

On April 14-15, Salman bin Abdul-Aziz Al Saud is also expected to take part in the 13th summit of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) in Istanbul.

New SOTT Focus on the Saudi ties to 9/11: http://www.sott.net/article/316253-60-Minutes-28-pages-and-the-limited-hangout-The-truth-about-the-Saudi-connection-to-9-11

Approaching Infinity said:
New SOTT Focus on the Saudi ties to 9/11: http://www.sott.net/article/316253-60-Minutes-28-pages-and-the-limited-hangout-The-truth-about-the-Saudi-connection-to-9-11

Just read - good one!

angelburst29 said:
During his visit, the Saudi king will live in a new five-star hotel located in a trendy district of Ankara, which has been fully reserved for him and his entourage.
Sixteen trucks delivered food, linens and even a personal toilet for the Saudi leader to the hotel. The king will live on a separate floor in the best rooms and will be served by his own people.
The underground car park of the hotel in which the Saudi leader is expected to stay turned out to be too small for the king's cortege. Some cars were specially delivered to the country's capital from Istanbul and Antalya in order to provide the king with the required number of luxury vehicles.
The Saudi leader is planning to stay in Ankara on April 11-13. During his visit, both sides will discuss their bilateral relations, as well as problems of regional and international importance.

I wonder if any other 'world leaders' do this? How about Obama? And I wonder if there are any others?

I think they are being 'set up' as the next place to invade by the United States. They didn't 'get' Syria or Iran, so why not Saudi Arabia?

[quote author= Ruth]I think they are being 'set up' as the next place to invade by the United States. They didn't 'get' Syria or Iran, so why not Saudi Arabia?[/quote]

I think the Saudi ties to the 9/11 report is only their for blackmail at the moment. SA is already be all means a perfect vassal state. They just need to be brought in line once in a while. There is no need for an invasion. Besides, If they still intent to take out Iran through military means. They are going to need SA. I doubt it is still on the agenda except for Israel of course. But the more these psychopaths will see that their plans are failing. The crazier they become I suspect. There is no telling what they will do.

bjorn said:
SA is already be all means a perfect vassal state. They just need to be brought in line once in a while.

So what's wrong with making them your enemy? It has all sorts of advantages for a persecutor and a bully. Just ask anyone who's ever been labeled a 'terrorist' and then prosecuted. That means you don't even have to be nice to them and you certainly aren't obliged to treat them well or even fairly. And you don't have to listen to facts if you've made them officially your 'enemy'.

bjorn said:
There is no need for an invasion.

Um, oil. Lots and lots of it. I can't see what other benefit SA has for the USA at the moment, other than making an absolute embarrassing mess of Yemen. It's not like they can prop up the petro-dollar either. Dollar's going to fail, that's a given. What a country needs now is resources - probably other people's (ok countries).

bjorn said:
Besides, If they still intent to take out Iran through military means. They are going to need SA. I doubt it is still on the agenda except for Israel of course. But the more these psychopaths will see that their plans are failing. The crazier they become I suspect. There is no telling what they will do.

They failed to get Syria, so they're not going after Iran.
I think Iran and Syria were always on Israel's agenda. I think it was what was driving the United States from the advent of 9/11.
What will the psychos do? Usually plot and plan. They need to get the narrative in place first, or their own population will lynch them first.

This article on Sott I think is a good summary of the forces presently at work.

http://www.sott.net/article/316889-Pepe-Escobar-US-nixed-OPEC-oil-deal-by-threatening-to-reveal-Saudi-role-in-9-11

I wish to point out one thing -- regarding this unspoken (now perhaps speaking) threat to "dump" billions (if not trillions) of U.S. treasuries. It's NOT gonna happen.

Just who do you think is gonna buy them?

Now some transactions are of course possible, and they will have an effect on pricing. But getting rid of all their treasuries is somewhat of a nonsensical idea -- or threat. (Who are the counter-parties?)

There are many U.S. options (if things turn nasty):

Outright confiscation ... on pretext of 911 "justice." The groundwork's been laid.

Threat of Saudi regime change -- or a real one. (The "erratic" tag has been applied.)

Invasion -- on premise of U.S. national security.

Note a previous threat (a real one) to the U.S financial system -- was dealt with harshly. Via special weaponry (just one day later -- and within 50 miles of Beijing.) And note also, the Chinese yuan has subsequently been held below the satanic level of 6.66 to the dollar. (The Chinese apparently got the message.)

As I track the yuan continuously, the recent firmness in world equity markets is not a surprise to me. (But probably a big surprise to Celente -- and his followers.)

The Saudis have I think, way overestimated their "power" and influence. (And just where is Bandar now?) The real forces at work -- are just so far greater than what most can imagine. And that's not even counting the hyper-dimensional ones.

But I could be wrong.

FWIW.

[quote author= Ruth]So what's wrong with making them your enemy?[/quote]

Because Iran can only laugh when that happens. Why ditch a perfect vassal state when you have another country in the region which is threatening your hegemony.

[quote author= Ruth]Um, oil. Lots and lots of it. [/quote]

Oil that is already petrodollar. Iran on the other hand isn't connected anymore to the petrodollar. They can better invade Iran instead for that reason. Iran also has a smaller army than SA. (But probably more effective)

[quote author= Ruth]I can't see what other benefit SA has for the USA at the moment.[/quote]

SA has a major stake in ISIS, AL Nusra and other terrorists groups which play a key part in the Empire of Chaos. Getting rid of the house of Saud can also be done by color revolution first. If that fails invasion is next.

But I think that both will be dumb. If they really intent to get rid of the house of Saud, why not set it up against Iran or Syria? Like they did with Iraq and Iran during the 8 year war. SA most likely has also purchased nukes. As soon as SA loses, everyone in the region loses. Except for Israel and the US of course. And whenever all parties are worn out by war, you can jump in after with military force.

There is another reason why the US wouldn't go to war against SA at this moment. Oil prices must stay low to hurt Russia. Setting the whole region ablaze defeats that purpose. And when oil prices sky rockets. Russia wins.

But whatever, we can speculate all we want but it reckon it will become more impossible to tell what these psychos will do. I mean they so desperately want to hurt Russia they forgot they killed of their own Shale-Gas investments worth of hundred of billions of dollars. Shale-gas is only profitable with an oil price of 80 dollar. And Shale gas was there so called triumph card to make Europe independent of Russian energy. I guess that plan is gone. Time for something else.

How to 'discipline' your wife, Saudi style: Muslim family therapist advises men to 'beat spouses with a toothpick or handkerchief' and 'forsake them in bed',link:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3555047/How-discipline-wife-Saudi-style-Muslim-family-therapist-advises-men-beat-spouses-toothpick-handkerchief-forsake-bed.html?ito=social-facebook

:shock: :shock: :shock:

sitting said:
As I track the yuan continuously, the recent firmness in world equity markets is not a surprise to me.

The best correlation I've seen (and I watch lots of them) driving world equity markets -- has been the Chinese yuan. Bar none.

With equity prices "toppy" in last few days, it pays to keep watch on the yuan I think.

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=USD&to=CNY&view=2Y

Chart readers will sense a sort of "base building" ... for the next yuan upthrust. If and when that happens, world equity markets may be in big trouble. A break above 6.59 (previous high) would be confirmation.

Problems will occur if the dollar gets too strong -- against the yuan.

An upthrust in the above yuan chart -- is a weakening of the yuan. (And a strengthening of the dollar.) This tends to confuse lots of people. Most commentators (in my opinion) lack real understanding of currency & financial markets. Hence the constant refrain of "dollar collapse" blah blah blah ...

The recent driver (yuan) of world equity performance -- operates in reverse fashion.

That said, financial forecasting is treacherous. And I could easily be wrong.

FWIW.

Mainwhile in Saudi Arabia ...

'Women more resistant to beheading'

Convicted women sentenced to death in Saudi Arabia have been more resistant to beheading than men, prompting authorities to change the execution method to shooting, a well-known Saudi executioner has said.

Abu Bandar Al Bishi, a massive man who has beheaded scores of convicted criminals in public places in the Gulf Kingdom, said most of those brought to the execution area appear to be in “trance” ahead of their death.

Quoted by the Saudi daily Sabq, he denied social media reports that those sentenced to death are drugged just before their execution.

“Those brought for execution are not drugged..there is no medical intervention in their execution…they just appear to be in trance or half dead,” Bishi said.

“As for women, they are more resistant to execution than men…we used to behead them but the verdict has been changed to executing them by shooting.

He said many convicts make requests just before their execution, adding that one asked for a cigarette. “Of course we did not give him a cigarette…if he had asked to pray before his death, then it would have been much better.”

Bishi said he uses a gun to execute women by shooting them in the head, adding that he does not stick to doctor’s instructions to shoot them in the heart.

“The doctor draws a mark towards the heart on the convict’s back…but I shoot them in the head because the bullet may miss the heart target if the convict moves.

Mainwhile in Saudi Arabia ...

He said many convicts make requests just before their execution, adding that one asked for a cigarette. “Of course we did not give him a cigarette…if he had asked to pray before his death, then it would have been much better.”

Good grief, okay that's it, remind me never to get beheaded in Saudi Arabia by this Al Bishi - imagine the nerve, the indecency - "of course," he cruelly said, not being offered a smoke before death by beheading. 🤬

Crazy head-chopping bastard, no human rights. Why tomorrow I'm calling my Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and demanding all weapons sales stop immediately to the House of Saudi until there are meaningful reforms and human rights.

What is this world coming to when brutes like Al Bishi can say that!

Back
Top Bottom