John Kaminski Goes Off the Deep End

Hi, and this is my very first post anywhere. I am unfamiliar with how to post, so this will not be perfect. Is there a section of the Forum site with how-to-post suggestions for greenhorns? I esp. want to know how to post jpegs; they can effectively make or reinforce a point. John

(NurgaBurd, signing as Martin, wrote:-----------------

On the Wednesday, October 18, RBN broadcast of Michael Collins Piper, the guest was John de Nugent. After listening to the show, I felt like washing the slime from my computer speakers. His voice and his manner of speaking made my skin crawl.

De Nugent further stated that therapy won't work with psychopaths; they must be removed from society.

On the following day, de Nugent was again Piper's guest. After engaging in some serious fear-mongering against psychopaths (they start wars, etc.) he called special attention to Genghis Kahn, Pol Pot and Mao Zedong. You know -- if brain scan technology been around at the time, they could have been isolated and the horrors that they perpetrated could have been prevented.

What a perfect recipe for tyranny! Psychopaths in the PTB would have the power to prevent any electoral challenge to them by prohibiting any person whom they found threatening from even appearing on a ballot. Fake the brain scan results, and voila.

Before anyone accuses me of paranoia, please remember that about three years ago, it was proved that the FBI crime lab had been faking evidence against defendants, and that people had been wrongfully convicted of crimes that they hadn't committed.

Piper got played, by a real master. Kaminiski is not that far off-base. A clever person CAN misapply the knowledge in "Political Ponerology" as a template for totalitarianism."

------------------------

Dear Martin:

Well, that is a rousing welcome on my first day to the Forum:-) to be accused almost directly of being a slimy psychopath myself :-(

However, I understand that everyone on this forum is rightly aware that psychopaths can be well-spoken, charming and skilful speakers (if not outright glib, à la Bill Clinton). Would that the whole planet were aware of this trait of glib lying and on hawklike guard against it.

However, if we say, on the opposite extreme, "we had better keep out well-spoken persons from our fight," I think that would be a cause for secret festivities within the pathocracy.

We should rightly see psychopaths everywhere today, especially in leadership positions and on radio and TV. But it would delight the true psychopaths no end if anti-psychopaths hurled that monicker loosely at each other! Cui bono?

Having said that, Martin, I will add a few details, and then go into the very valid concerns you raise about brain scanning.

First, the truth movement is always subject to discouragement and dejection, and therfore I never discuss a grave problem without proposing to continue hoping and perhaps offer solutions, such as brain-scanning to catch psychopaths on the loose. Otherwise, I am worsening the problem by subtly encouraging defeatism. I never go on air to moan and groan.

We all know the problem; what are the solutions?

Secondly, I have been friends with Michael Collins Piper for 22 years, have worked, off and on, with him since 1987, and have been in the alternative movement for a total of 28 years, in which circles I am well-known. As for my smooth voice, in the early 1990s I went to radio school to improve my effectiveness as a speaker and interviewee.

Aside:

I ran for US Congress (Sixth Congressional District, Tennessee, east and south of Nashville) in 1990 (search in vain online; the Web did not start until 1992 and there were no reverberations of that race two years later when the Web went up), and did very well in the Republican primary as a maverick. The radio training helped a lot.

There was massive electronic vote fraud, but in view of all the publicity they had to give me at least 26.7 % (in a three-way primary race), my first outing-albeit roundly condemned by the Republican establishment itself and by the usual Jewish groups.

In fact, the voting machines stopped counting at 8 pm on August 10, 1990. I went to bed that night knowing they were stealing my possible victory as I was sleeping. (I had dared to run under the slogan: "White people shold have some rights too!) Sure enough, by the next morning I had fallen into third.

The reporter for WMZ-TV (I forget the call letters now), Steve Lynn, had actually conducted both victory and concession interviews with me before I went back to my hotel. There would be no paper ballots to recount. In fact, when I tried to vote for myself on election day, the electronic machine would not register my own vote. It's all on videotape; the reporters followed me around.

I did get referenced, albeit not by name, on the op-ed page of the NY Times (discussing worrisome trends in "Middle Tennessee" around August 11th, 1990), in a paragraph in Time in the next issue, and had much TV-radio media publicity in Tennessee during the June-August 10 race, of which TV coverage I have a half-hour video, now put into DVD format.

So that's why my voice sounds the way it does, trained by hard work at the Columbia School of Broadcasting (now defunct) of Baileys Crossroads, Virginia. I am not a "glibling" and I did not pop up out of nowhere, although I was not charged with that crime.

I have also suffered persecution and risked physical disaster-during my Marine years-after my Jewish CO found out about me. I was warned of a plan by Royal Dutch Marines to throw me off a helicopter carrier, the USS Inchon, at night. My body would never have been found. The perfect crime-anybody can get "blown" off a ship unnoticed at night. No cry for help would ever be heard. "Lost at sea."

Unpopular people do disappear in the US military. This has been going on since the American Revolution, from above or from below.

If you would like to read a recent article of mine and my fiancée Margaret, try entering into a search engine: "Cattle Kate" + "Barnes Review" or go to barnesreview.org and find it there,; it's the latest issue. You can read there the bare-bones central part of the story, part one.

The full article of part one has many photos and interesting sidebars. If desired, I can send you the whole .pdf.

I used to be the associate editor of this magazine, but prefer to be a free-lance writer now so I am responsible only for my own opinions.

We are now writing part two of Cattle Kate, which focuses on how her wealthy murderers "got off," led by the psychopathic Albert Bothwell, the manipulator-lynchmaster who caused the double hangings in a gulch that rocked Wyoming in 1889- and then instigated the post-mortem defamation of his victims so no one would care.

(In the cattle baron-controlled newspapers of Cheyenne, the two solid homesteaders whose land Bothwell coveted became a ,calf-rustling whore' and her husband a ,rustler and her pimp,' his general store that sold beer and served meals a rowdy saloon.)

Thirdly, I had ten years exposure to psychopaths in my childhood. I know exactly how their minds operate, having been under their oh-so-socially respectable thumb for interminable years. In fact, I still have no memories of the first ten years of my life, until after I ran away from home and things threatened to bust open. I really, really dislike psychopaths. The Martha Stout book, and then Lobaczewskis's Ponerology, have helped change my life. Before, I never understood how people could be so evil, esp. toward a child. I always thought everybody could change; every heart could be softened.

Fourthly, I agree wholeheartedly with you, Martin, and with the first caller to me on the second Mike Piper show, and with others:

The brain scan issue must be handled very carefully.

Perhaps, as Laura has written, I did jump the gun on this volatile topic.

[IF I KNEW HOW TO POST JPEG PHOTOS, I WOULD NOW POST HERE SIDE-BY-SIDE BRAIN SCANS OF NORMAL AND PSYCHOPATHIC BRAINS. They are quite convincing; a picture is worth a thousand words; hence one jpeg is worth four pages of text. :-) Lacking these jpeg postings I am now writing mucho texto.]

The thought of the government brain-scanning citizens is currently, and understandable, horrifying--because psychopaths themselves run the government now!

But imagine if we had a non-psychopathic goverrnment. "Imagine...." as in the John Lennon song.

It's hard right now even to begin to imagine a government we could trust with safeguarding our cultural and mental health. Since the Bronze Age, psychopathic warlords have ruled the world by terror and force, and that means millennia of us acclimating to psychopathocracy. You and I and all of us have grown up and spent our entire lives under the rule of psychopaths. For us government = pathocracy. Don't let THEM do the brain scans!

I know from reading your posts, Martin, that you fully understand the psychopath issue.

My point is this: if we can accurately and ethically diagnose brain scans, in the context of a carefully selected commission of neurologists, psychiatrists, spiritual leaders, sociologist and political leaders, plus at least two educated laypersons,

then we have an OBJECTIVE way to identify the crucifiers of mankind. Then we avoid the accusation of "psychobabble," which is what they will hurl at us if we do NOT use brain scans or other, better, tangible medical evidence.

If we do random, double-blind testing, we can reduce the chances for a corrupted testing result. Random, double-blind testing has workd very well in the U.S. military to break drug abuse; it broke the back of the 1960s-1970s pot-and-heroin epidemic among US troops returing fromVietnam. I know; I was in the service at that time. Surprise, anonymous brain scanning -- neither tester nor testee knows the identity of the other - corresponds to a standard scientific practice that has workd superbly for decades.
This supposes of course that the whole system has not been infiltrated, or its key members literally threatened with harm to self or family.

Since brain-scan opponents cannot even imagine such a government to which we could entrust the true care of society, I think that what we as anti-psychopaths need is to develop and effectively propose a simple point-by-point description, for the masses, of the new government and society we are working for.

How would a true, neo-democratic society work in terms of parties, voters and elections? How it would search for, identify and vote for its leaders? One man one vote, as now? How it would control its Fourth Estate, the media/ How would it monitor the ethics and performance of its politicians,?

If we can develop and propose to the masses a clear vision, with goals and means, for a government of, by and for the people, run transparently by its best elements-a meritocracy-then and only then would brain scans not be terrifying. They then would be seen as a verifible godsend.

BTW, I disagreed with Mike about brain-scanning just candidates for office. Also caniddates for the prisethood, to be a journalist, TV station executive, teacher, cop, etc.

If I took a poll: would you like George Bush to brain scan his opponents to determine if they need to be involuntarily committed?--then itwould get 35% approval--from all the viewers of the psychopathic, ponerogenic Fox News.

In fact, maybe Bush WILL try some similar thing, as did the Soviets in the not-too-distant past.

So I advocate a worked-up blueprint for a whole new society, safeguarded six ways to Sunday, in which brain scans would be a logical part-a protective activity as innocuous as requiring day-care providers to be checked against a list of child molesters.

Anyway, thanks for your frank and useful post, Martin, and for forcing me to think keenly about the objection I got from you and others. We all share in any case our common premise-that PSYCHOPATHS MUST GO. But it cannot be based on a surmise, or a witchhunt. I grew up in Massachusetts and Rhode Island, where memories of the Salem witchcraft trials of the 1690s, with their unfounded denunciations, linger powerfully. Twenty innocent men and women were executed, and at least four more died in prison, as a result of the accusations of two vicious kids, who themselves may well have been psychopaths.

BTW, the judge in the case, Seward, full of unbearable remorse, hanged himself after. The kids had perfectly manipulated him and the whole village of Salem. The town became so ashamed of its hysterical slaughters that the name was changed to "Danvers." (The Salem," Mass. of today on the maps is the old Port of Salem," located on Massachusetts Bya, on the Atlantic, The town is now, as I said, Danvers. Psychopaths have forever damaged the name Salem.)

But the port of Salem does a brisk business in witchcraft museums and spooky houses. J

BTW, if you read German (you seem to watch German TV), I am fluent in that language. I was interested in your coments about German TV. I read online a very hostile review in German (Austrian/Viennese) of Martha Stout, PhD's book "The Sociopath Next Door." I agree with you that the psychopaths and their sicko leftist minions will perceive instantly just how endangered they all are by any kind of sociobiological approach such as ours: psychopathy as a non-negotiable brain problem. For them, after all, there is no nature, only nurture, nurture of the poor confused darling criminals who savage the human race. Don't expect them to nurture US!

They will fight TRUE BRAIN SCANS to the death (theirs or ours). And they WILL promote falsified brain scans, and say WE are the psychopaths. So you are right on.

You may contact me directly or through this forum, which is full of interesting ideas and people. The whole project that Laura and Arkadiusz are doing is amazing, and absolutely unique worldwide. But I am afraid I will never get my regular writing work done if I go on this Forum too often.

P.S. Martin, I did mention Genghis Khan as a psychopath (the clearest example imaginable). But I did not write it Genghis Kahn :-)

Even I do not accuse Genghis of having been Jewish.

John de Nugent said:
So I advocate a worked-up blueprint for a whole new society, safeguarded six ways to Sunday, in which brain scans would be a logical part-a protective activity as innocuous as requiring day-care providers to be checked against a list of child molesters.
1) Now, imagine: if electronic vote machines can be subjected to fraudulent use, so electronic brain scan machines will be also subjected to such abuse. The state will declare a monopoly for brain scan machines. What will you do then?

2) The science is today not developed enough to assure us that brain scans is a reliable method of prevention. The science of ponerology is just making its first steps. While the book by Andrew Lobaczewski shows us certain important paths for the future research, and brings forward important ideas, it is far from being able to provide a solid foundation, as it leaves many questions open. It is not a "scientific monograph" stricte senso.

3) To understand what is wrong with our society, how did it go to the lamentable state that we see today, interdisciplinary approach is needed. We may have a society that is all "brain clean", but "brain dead". The true "leaders" may be in a hiding, and they will manipulate "brain clean" but "brain dead" tools to do the dirty public job for them.

Therefore, instead of opting for brain scans as a protective activity, as you call it, it is simpler to opt for just educating people how to distinguish the lie from the truth, how to spot a manipulation. It seems very few know how to do it, and very few care to know. But in order to educate the society, we must first educate ourselves. There is nothing better than serving as an example. But here we are facing a real problem: those who pretend and pose to be those who know it, do not necessarily know it.

The devil, as always, is in the details.

Robert Hare said:
Fig. 16.3 Using PET scans, Canadian psychologist Robert Hare found that the normally functioning brain (left) lights up with activity when a person sees emotion-laden words such as "maggot" or "cancer." But the brain of a psychopath (right) remains inactive, especially in areas associated with feelings and self-control. When Dr. Hare showed the bottom image to several neurologists, one asked, "Is this person from Mars?" (Images courtesy of Robert Hare.)
Picture2.jpg

The images give a clearer picture. But I agree with what Ark has stated above.

John de Nugent said:
Hi, and this is my very first post anywhere. I am unfamiliar with how to post, so this will not be perfect.
Well, you're very welcome John, and you couldn't have picked a better place or time to enter the discussion! :-)

Is there a section of the Forum site with how-to-post suggestions for greenhorns? I esp. want to know how to post jpegs; they can effectively make or reinforce a point. John
If you are able to upload the JPEGS to somewhere else you can use the img tag to point to them if you want to. Click on the helper link for "img tag" while editing the post to get more directions.

First, the truth movement is always subject to discouragement and dejection, and therfore I never discuss a grave problem without proposing to continue hoping and perhaps offer solutions, such as brain-scanning to catch psychopaths on the loose. Otherwise, I am worsening the problem by subtly encouraging defeatism. I never go on air to moan and groan.

We all know the problem; what are the solutions?
Well, as I outlined in a previous note, and as has been proposed as a solution to many problems on this forum and elsewhere on these sites, there is no more powerful solution than this one: knowledge. "Knowledge protects, ignorance endangers" is both a motto we often use around here and a key to understanding much of the misery that faces our world today. Our common ignorance is our weakness, especially against the psychopaths and pathocrats that are indeed running the show.

Therefore, to hit at the root of the problem, which is not NeoCon's or Zionists or Jews or Fascists, but psychopathy, the solution is knowledge. But before one can apply one must know. And it is not enough to know the theory of it, but also the exact details of its application in todays society. The context in which this evil exists, the details of which the devil resides in. Without that there will be nothing but windmill fighting, and a quick and painful fight at that. Remember that this struggle has been going on for MILLENNIA, and brave souls have tried and failed before. This is very well documented, if one is able to find the right sources. Therefore, we need to do something different, which requires careful consideration.

Thirdly, I had ten years exposure to psychopaths in my childhood. I know exactly how their minds operate, having been under their oh-so-socially respectable thumb for interminable years. In fact, I still have no memories of the first ten years of my life, until after I ran away from home and things threatened to bust open. I really, really dislike psychopaths. The Martha Stout book, and then Lobaczewskis's Ponerology, have helped change my life. Before, I never understood how people could be so evil, esp. toward a child. I always thought everybody could change; every heart could be softened.
Having had personal experience with psychopaths, these petty tyrants as Don Juan would have called them, is a blessing in disguise when it comes to being able to understand the phenomenon accurately. I have too, and that goes for many others around here. Sharing these experiences with each other we are able to piece together the mosaic of face of this beast, which is crucial, because it is multi-faceted and complex.

Fourthly, I agree wholeheartedly with you, Martin, and with the first caller to me on the second Mike Piper show, and with others:

The brain scan issue must be handled very carefully.

Perhaps, as Laura has written, I did jump the gun on this volatile topic.
Well, as I wrote above, I think so too. Not because of the scientifical points of that argument, but rather because of the context which we find ourselves in. Brain scans done by machinery from pathocratic corporations decoded by pathocratic minions will not be of any help. Knowledge, however, will be.

[IF I KNEW HOW TO POST JPEG PHOTOS, I WOULD NOW POST HERE SIDE-BY-SIDE BRAIN SCANS OF NORMAL AND PSYCHOPATHIC BRAINS. They are quite convincing; a picture is worth a thousand words; hence one jpeg is worth four pages of text. :-) Lacking these jpeg postings I am now writing mucho texto.]
You are probably right about these comparions, and as above, it is probably irrelevant for now, at least for the purpose that you describe. As data for understanding the phenomenon it is, however, extremely important!

The thought of the government brain-scanning citizens is currently, and understandable, horrifying--because psychopaths themselves run the government now!
Precisely!

But imagine if we had a non-psychopathic goverrnment. "Imagine...." as in the John Lennon song.
Wishful thinking. It will do you no good... ;-)

My point is this: if we can accurately and ethically diagnose brain scans, in the context of a carefully selected commission of neurologists, psychiatrists, spiritual leaders, sociologist and political leaders, plus at least two educated laypersons, then we have an OBJECTIVE way to identify the crucifiers of mankind. Then we avoid the accusation of "psychobabble," which is what they will hurl at us if we do NOT use brain scans or other, better, tangible medical evidence.

If we do random, double-blind testing, we can reduce the chances for a corrupted testing result. Random, double-blind testing has workd very well in the U.S. military to break drug abuse; it broke the back of the 1960s-1970s pot-and-heroin epidemic among US troops returing fromVietnam. I know; I was in the service at that time. Surprise, anonymous brain scanning -- neither tester nor testee knows the identity of the other - corresponds to a standard scientific practice that has workd superbly for decades.
This supposes of course that the whole system has not been infiltrated, or its key members literally threatened with harm to self or family.

Since brain-scan opponents cannot even imagine such a government to which we could entrust the true care of society, I think that what we as anti-psychopaths need is to develop and effectively propose a simple point-by-point description, for the masses, of the new government and society we are working for.

How would a true, neo-democratic society work in terms of parties, voters and elections? How it would search for, identify and vote for its leaders? One man one vote, as now? How it would control its Fourth Estate, the media/ How would it monitor the ethics and performance of its politicians,?

If we can develop and propose to the masses a clear vision, with goals and means, for a government of, by and for the people, run transparently by its best elements-a meritocracy-then and only then would brain scans not be terrifying. They then would be seen as a verifible godsend.
Developing ideas of better ways to structure a society is obviously important, but I think that for now I would rather focus on what is rather than dreaming of what could be. The future is open, and the universe is infiinitely capable of taking care of itself, so that part I am not so worried about if/when we are able to accurately deal with this pathocracy thang.

BTW, I disagreed with Mike about brain-scanning just candidates for office. Also caniddates for the prisethood, to be a journalist, TV station executive, teacher, cop, etc.

If I took a poll: would you like George Bush to brain scan his opponents to determine if they need to be involuntarily committed?--then itwould get 35% approval--from all the viewers of the psychopathic, ponerogenic Fox News.

In fact, maybe Bush WILL try some similar thing, as did the Soviets in the not-too-distant past.
There are easier ways to do it, so probably not.

Anyway, thanks for your frank and useful post, Martin, and for forcing me to think keenly about the objection I got from you and others. We all share in any case our common premise-that PSYCHOPATHS MUST GO. But it cannot be based on a surmise, or a witchhunt. I grew up in Massachusetts and Rhode Island, where memories of the Salem witchcraft trials of the 1690s, with their unfounded denunciations, linger powerfully. Twenty innocent men and women were executed, and at least four more died in prison, as a result of the accusations of two vicious kids, who themselves may well have been psychopaths.
Psychopaths must go. That is true. And the way to do it is by knowledge. "Witchhunting" depends on limited knowledge, so let's focus on making it UNlimited!

BTW, if you read German (you seem to watch German TV), I am fluent in that language. I was interested in your coments about German TV. I read online a very hostile review in German (Austrian/Viennese) of Martha Stout, PhD's book "The Sociopath Next Door." I agree with you that the psychopaths and their sicko leftist minions will perceive instantly just how endangered they all are by any kind of sociobiological approach such as ours: psychopathy as a non-negotiable brain problem. For them, after all, there is no nature, only nurture, nurture of the poor confused darling criminals who savage the human race. Don't expect them to nurture US!
Yes, the wishful thinking of normal people is a true problem, and needs to be understood and dealt with. However, while dealing with this psychopathy issue, which has a lot to do with nature, it is also important to remember that many normal people have been mesmerized and caught in the psychopathic thought loops, because they are traumatized or weak or in some other way vulnerable to the suggestions of the deviants, and these people are hopefully curable. This must not be forgotten!!!

They will fight TRUE BRAIN SCANS to the death (theirs or ours). And they WILL promote falsified brain scans, and say WE are the psychopaths. So you are right on.
Precisely.

You may contact me directly or through this forum, which is full of interesting ideas and people. The whole project that Laura and Arkadiusz are doing is amazing, and absolutely unique worldwide. But I am afraid I will never get my regular writing work done if I go on this Forum too often.
Even worse, you may be so inspired from these discussions that what you write will be qualitatively improved! Oh the horror! ;-)

Anyway, welcome again John, and I look forward to discussing this topic with you and the others!

John de Nugent said:
I had ten years exposure to psychopaths in my childhood. I know exactly how their minds operate, having been under their oh-so-socially respectable thumb for interminable years.
Hi John and welcome to the forum,

your comment above interested me most, and having also heard you mention it in your interview with Michael Collins Piper a few nights ago, I was wondering if you would be willing to share your experience of your childhood exposure to psychopaths and what you gleaned from it.

Joe

"As for my smooth voice, in the early 1990s I went to radio school to improve my effectiveness as a speaker and interviewee. "

Hi John and welcome.
Just wanted to write and let you know that I am from a place in England which has a strong regional dialect.Liverpool.

I trained at an acting school in London and I had coaching in what was called "Recieved pronunciation" the same process BBC newsreaders go through :)

I was told to get on with the work on my voice and to ignore the comments that I would receive back in my native city. I can use both:)

Once again Welcome.

Ark wrote:

The devil, as always, is in the details.

You are SO right!

Students are being taught the look-see method of reading, rather than phonics.

Students are taught to use a calculator, rather than math.

Students are taught co-operation skills, rather than leadership skills.

Students are taught that the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor was unprovoked and unexpected, that eight million Jews were exterminated in the camps and that Lee Harvey Oswald, acting alone, assassinated JFK, rather than the truth.

Students are being dumbed-down, propagandized and molded to become perfectly compliant participants in a low-level service economy. Students who balk at this conditioning are diagnosed with a completely fictitious "disease" -- Attention Deficit Disorder -- and are being forcibly "medicated" with psychoactive drugs.

There is no way that US schools can teach students how to recognize, deal with and protect themselves from psychopaths, when it is psychopaths who are running the school system.

Martin

NugaBurd said:
Students are taught co-operation skills, rather than leadership skills.
"Co-operation refers to the practice of people or greater entities working in common with commonly agreed-upon goals and possibly methods, instead of working separately in competition." -wikipedia

Isn't that precisely how this group works? I don't understand what's wrong with co-operation.

NugaBurd said:
There is no way that US schools can teach students how to recognize, deal with and protect themselves from psychopaths, when it is psychopaths who are running the school system.

Martin
And the school system is sheepishly accepted by the population that is sheepishly electing their politicians. It all started years ago, with Adolf Hitler and his propaganda machine that was promising to bring Bread and Freedom:

brot_freiheit.jpg

ScioAgapeOmnis wrote:

....I don't understand what's wrong with co-operation.

You missed what I meant by "...rather than..."

In any social situation, a "natural leader" will emerge.

Imagine, if you will, a party. Someone suggests that they play "Charades." They divide into two teams, and they start playing.

After a few rounds, in each team, there will be one person who comes up with the best ideas for his team to enact and who makes the best guesses about what the other team enacts. Other team members will begin to defer to him.

Now imagine that someone says to each de facto leader, "You are not playing fair. You are denying the other members of your team the equal chance to participate. You are to keep silent for the next three rounds. Play by my rules, or else."

There is a difference between voluntary co-operation and the stifling of leadership to enforce co-operation. In fact, in voluntary co-operation, leaders naturally arise.

Martin

NugaBurd said:
There is a difference between voluntary co-operation and the stifling of leadership to enforce co-operation. In fact, in voluntary co-operation, leaders naturally arise.

Martin
Indeed. As it was with Adolf Hitler. Can we learn something about "naturally arising leaders" from the history? What is it that we have learned?

deutschland_erwacht.jpg

Thinking on your last two posts Ark made me think (perhaps naval gazing). I of course am far from being able to answer, but putting the twist on your words and getting a small grasp of understanding from the variety of discussions under this topic 'maybe' a better way to put it is; Look how much history has been misused, forgotten, rewritten, or completely lied about - there are so many gaps - How much is left unlearned, obfuscated..?

I mean this in context mostly toward ponerology (something on my shelf of reread 3-5 times times before imagining to grasp it). If this were put into the cirriculum of learning (schools, universities, practices), with discernment somehow being a course in hand with it, it sure would make a great field of research and (self)development. Maybe it would change the course psychology and other aspects of character study, into the studies their founders (psychologists and the like) had intended?

NugaBurd said:
In any social situation, a "natural leader" will emerge.
If as you say, students are taught co-operation skills rather than leadership skills, where do these natural leaders learn their skill?
As we know, psychopaths use 'natural manipulation' skills which come across as 'natural leadership', but some people do have more creative skills than others. like in your charades example the more creative player would probably have more ideas and become leader.
But is it more a natural thing rather than a taught thing?

NugaBurd said:
Students are taught to use a calculator, rather than math.
Perhaps teaching about "moral values" and about "truth", "half-truths" and "lies" - with examples from the history (including the history of "naturally arising führers") and everyday life is even more important than teaching the math?

Peam wrote:

But is it more a natural thing rather than a taught thing?

You're right -- "taught" is a bad choice of words. What I meant to convey is that, if a person shows what we might call "leadership qualities," he should be encouraged and guided in his development.

By "leadership qualities," I am excluding the tendency to be bossy or manipulative.

Martin

Back
Top Bottom