Jordan Peterson: Gender Pronouns and Free Speech War

It's a popular sentiment thrown around that Jews have a high IQ and that's why they're socially dominant. I have come across some critiques which challenge both of those notions. The problems with the sentiment is that it's based on citations of few studies over fifty years old with small sample sizes involving populations and study designs not meant to discover group-wide IQ performance.

One of the studies is further dissected here:

This article remarks that even giving the benefit of the doubt and assuming the 115 IQ is true there's still numerically far too few Ashkenazi Jews compared to Europeans, such that the quantity of High-IQ non-Ashkenazi European is still much higher than the number of High-IQ Ashkenazis, and therefore has no ability to explain their dominance.

Then there's predatory behaviour - I'm not saying that all jews are predators, but a predator type who can identify other predator types in a population of people that have no idea about an intraspecies predator or how to identify them and their modes of operation, that predator doesn't necessarily have to be that smart. Was thinking about this earlier. Even a predator that has poor hunting skills and limited impulse control is more likely to be able to catch and kill where there is a large number of prey species that are unaware.

It's a popular sentiment thrown around that Jews have a high IQ and that's why they're socially dominant. I have come across some critiques which challenge both of those notions. The problems with the sentiment is that it's based on citations of few studies over fifty years old with small sample sizes involving populations and study designs not meant to discover group-wide IQ performance.

If we look at group IQ performance, then we have to acknowledge a strong group characteristic which is the tribal type behavior at the level of increasing resources, or simply put, 'nepotism' at the group level. Not only that, there is, within the groups a flat hierarchy or social structure, with one head, the rabbi, and one law, taught by the rabbi, which eliminates the fight for power, thus making more efficient the group itself.

This article remarks that even giving the benefit of the doubt and assuming the 115 IQ is true there's still numerically far too few Ashkenazi Jews compared to Europeans, such that the quantity of High-IQ non-Ashkenazi European is still much higher than the number of High-IQ Ashkenazis, and therefore has no ability to explain their dominance.
People seem to conflate high status with high intelligence, so justifying Ashkenazi overrepresentation in high positions with higher intelligence might be just a post-hoc rationalisation.
Plus, those in power obviously want to feel better about themselves and to justify for why they are better than "the rabble" and "all these useless eaters". They want to create the impression (and to believe) that they are in charge because they are the best and smartest.

But if high intellinence really made someone more likely to dominate, then every great scientist or philosopher would be a politician, or in charge of some big corporation, no? Yet, that is not the case.
(some could even say, the smarter you are, the less likely you are going to be in any position of power)

I've also heard somewhere (don't remember where), that they are overrepresented in areas related to words (like writers, lawyers and journalists), but vastly underrepresented when it comes to visual art. It's as if, as a group, they didn't care about science itself, philosophy or artistic expression, but were focused on anything that allows them to push their agenda, and go up on the social ladder.

So it seems to me (without having any scientific data to back it up :-P) that Ashkenazi are "socially dominant" not because they are smarter in general sense, but because (whether it's because of their upbringing, or genetic traits) they are better at being... socially dominant!
Lawyers, bankers, judges, rabbis, jourtanists, etc. It's all about playing the political game, often by just talking and/or manipulating words, projecting their high status, getting into right circles. They seem to be made for it. And that might be the explanation for their overrepresentation.

As if someone wanted them to be the managers of the human population. 🤔

There is IQ, and there is smart, and lastly there is wise.

We all have someone that we know to be so educated and so intelligent, and yet we wonder, how can they be so stupid!

As I understand it you are born with your IQ like your skin color. Nothing to be proud of as you didn’t develop it. You just received it…here you go it’s yours for free, no work involved. Mostly having to do with memory and speed of synapses firing.

So, some are born with a super computer and some aren’t. You could be a psychopath, or a socially inept person or a stand-up good guy born with a supercomputer. It all depends on what you do with it.

I haven’t read in McGilchrist's writing “yet”, that since we are living is a left-hemisphere-controlled world, that the IQ tests are a staked deck favoring the Left hemisphere, but I suspect that they are.

If I was 4D looking for a group to be “chosen” to rule the human race, the ones with the super computer advantage would come to the fore front.

I’ve never be happy with any definitions of: IQ, smart, and wise, but I’m posting a generic one below just to show that there are those who considered there to be a difference between them.

"The main difference between being smart and being wise is the type of knowledge a person has and how they use it:"

Smart
Intelligence is the ability to think logically, learn, and understand. It's often associated with academic learning and the ability to gain knowledge through study. For example, a scientist who reads a lot of books might be considered to have high intelligence.

Wise
Wisdom is the ability to understand human nature, which is complex, contradictory, and constantly changing. It's often associated with life experience and insight. Wise people understand how decisions are interconnected and the potential for unintended consequences. They also consider the consequences of their actions on themselves and others.

IQ stands for intelligence quotient, and it's a score that measures a person's intellectual abilities and potential:

Some say that IQ tests are not a good indicator of a person's overall intelligence. Others say that there's no quick way to go from being smart to being wise, and that the two are not related. However, it's possible to be both smart and wise.

Last edited:
And we know what score the C's have given them!
C's Session 26th February 2022 said: said:
Q: (Aragorn) On a scale from 1–10, how well are the plans of TPTB succeeding right now?
A: 4

For comparision, in an earlier session the C:s have said:

C's Session 30th May 2009 said: said:
Q: (L) In other words, there's no hope for our planet or our species if normal human beings do not come together and get over these varied pathological belief systems and religions and "your truth" and "my truth" and all that sort of thing?

A: Yes. All of that was created and spread by pathological types under the influence of their hyperdimensional masters for the purpose of turning this planet into a "hell on earth" with them as the masters. They have succeeded beyond their wildest dreams. What is needed is for many people to begin to make direct connections with their higher centers. This has been done via the "work" up to now, but there are other methods to accelerate the process and obtain the needed assistance.

Perhaps there has been some pushback in the face of ever increasing insanity since then, although clearly not enough.

There's another factor in Peterson's psyche that may go some way to explaining his attitudes and beliefs: he's a big Nietzsche fanboy.

There's a bit of a dichotomy in that, because for a long time, Peterson's focus was on the divine equality of every person, in the Christian sense. Nietzsche was against that idea. Nietzsche basically thought that the majority of people were useless and that only the strongest and most intelligent people, who threw away conventional morality and decided for themselves what was right and wrong, were of any value or worthy of any praise.

But that's kind of where Peterson has ended up, in his support of Israel and his disregard for the lives of the Palestinians, right? And it's not just that Peterson has looked at a few of Nietzsche's ideas; he literally threw himself into reading all of Nietzsche's works when he was in his 20s, iirc. And someone who believes that such theories and ideas are important enough to become obsessed with them probably believes that Nietzsche is talking to them, and talking about them.

I'm sure there's a lot of stuff in Nietzsche that could go some way to explaining some of Peterson's arrogance, coldness, his superiority complex, etc.

I'm sure there's a lot of stuff in Nietzsche that could go some way to explaining some of Peterson's arrogance, coldness, his superiority complex, etc.

Ah this makes sense, those behaviors are there for sure. And thinking about it, it can be argued that they have become more visible in recent times, after going to the Daily Wire and wine and dine with famous people. Then one has to wonder if it was the other way around, perhaps there is a side to himself that is naturally arrogant, cold and with a superiority complex. A side of him that is yet to be integrated?

Possibly, but I am imagining that it is not necessary to have full-blown psychological and charactereological defects, if we understand them as formal pathologies. Perhaps just character flaws, thinking errors and overall things normal people would have to work on. And in this case it could be that these weaknesses were exploited.

Possibly, but I am imagining that it is not necessary to have full-blown psychological and charactereological defects, if we understand them as formal pathologies. Perhaps just character flaws, thinking errors and overall things normal people would have to work on. And in this case it could be that these weaknesses were exploited.

I agree. I didn’t mean to suggest that Peterson is what we would call a psychopath, sociopath or characteropath. I just tend to classify things like shortcomings of character, weakness of mind, narcissistic traits, thinking errors that fit with Samenow’s work, hysterical emotionality etc., as “psychological and characterological defects”.

This is why work on the self is the only real inoculation against pathological material and propaganda, because work on the self is all about identifying these kinds of things in oneself, learning that 1) you have them and 2) they’re not good for you or other people, and 3) these are the real strings that can be pulled to turn you into a puppet.

I haven’t read in McGilchrist's writing “yet”, that since we are living is a left-hemisphere-controlled world, that the IQ tests are a staked deck favoring the Left hemisphere, but I suspect that they are.
Certainly, and who'd be writing these tests? Also a wise person might not look at a position of influence with attraction. I think it's the difference between leaders and bosses. A boss is intelligent, and commands obedience because of this, a leader inspires people due to his wisdom, which includes intelligence.

There's another factor in Peterson's psyche that may go some way to explaining his attitudes and beliefs: he's a big Nietzsche fanboy.

There's a bit of a dichotomy in that, because for a long time, Peterson's focus was on the divine equality of every person, in the Christian sense. Nietzsche was against that idea. Nietzsche basically thought that the majority of people were useless and that only the strongest and most intelligent people, who threw away conventional morality and decided for themselves what was right and wrong, were of any value or worthy of any praise.

But that's kind of where Peterson has ended up, in his support of Israel and his disregard for the lives of the Palestinians, right? And it's not just that Peterson has looked at a few of Nietzsche's ideas; he literally threw himself into reading all of Nietzsche's works when he was in his 20s, iirc. And someone who believes that such theories and ideas are important enough to become obsessed with them probably believes that Nietzsche is talking to them, and talking about them.

Well, my post couldn't have been more timely:

Jordan Peterson: Nietzsche, Hitler, God, Psychopathy, Suffering & Meaning | Lex Fridman Podcast #448

Apparently he's just released a new set of lectures on Nietzsche's work, "Beyond Good and Evil". I also clicked on the time stamp for the psychopathy part of the conversation. Lex introduces the concept of psychopathy from the point of view of how you would interview Putin in order to ask the right questions to expose him as a psychopath.

I am sorry Peterson lost me months and months ago, with his political stance, for me he has become, nonthinking it is even more than a hypocrisy of the original teaching he espoused years ago, with his classes in the US in psychology...He has forgotten everything he taught.

And has become a tool of the greater god...The corporate world

Well, my post couldn't have been more timely:
We're not done yet with the sychronicities! In the recent thread @JEEP created about WTC 7 on 9/11, at the end of the documentary, Peterson had something to say...
Peterson: "Nietzsche said that you could tell much about a man's character by how much truth he could tolerate. Sometimes it can really destroy you, you know, an encounter with the truth."
(Joe) I think it was probably related to the question of how can a great soul, which Jordan Peterson maybe fits the bill for, how can he... We know that he was programmed and stuff, right? They said in the last session that he was programmed during his coma, but the one thing that stands out is his attitude towards the situation in Gaza. You have a really clear cut...

(L) He has a HUGE block.

(Joe) ...example of someone, of one part of the country, literally just slaughtering people, wholesale, completely defenseless. So that's some bodacious programming where you take someone who is a great soul and turn them into that...

A: He will come to himself with horror eventually.
He will be horrified... once he encounters the truth.

We're not done yet with the sychronicities! In the recent thread @JEEP created about WTC 7 on 9/11, at the end of the documentary, Peterson had something to say...

Peterson: "Nietzsche said that you could tell much about a man's character by how much truth he could tolerate. Sometimes it can really destroy you, you know, an encounter with the truth."

Interesting that in the sequel to CALLING OUT Bravo-7, Beyond Bravo-7, JBP has a Truth soundbite 2 min in, and then his full thought that begins with "Nietzsche said" is expressed @3:13 - 5:11. Hearing him express this then compared to where he is today, what a psych job must have been done to him. So sad and what a burning he will undergo when "He will come to himself with horror eventually."

Back
Top Bottom