Jordan Peterson: Gender Pronouns and Free Speech War

This is a couple of years old, and apparently NOT a comedy piece.
The guy Tucker interviewed from Canada is, Stephen LeDrew. He has a somewhat changed tune in this National Post video as the election loomed close back in mid October. The title of his article takes a broad look at the man who brought about such disruptive change and the alternatives 'After four years, haven't you had enough?'

Without a doubt we are in a trough — a deep one. But we will all be optimistic as a people, and the new prime minister — whomever it is — will hopefully grow in office, instead of surrounding themselves with pandering yes-people who only serve to confirm the leader’s worst qualities, thereby making the lives of Canadians worse

After four years, a somewhat stitched together minority had not had enough, and unfortunately the show continues. The gulf between the East and West (not with standing the Left West Coast, like California), is there for all to see and it will make things much worse by the looks of things.

This story
continues, though, because in December of 2017 you read:

Stephen LeDrew fired for inadvertently exposing Canada’s freeze on free speech
‘LGGBDTTTIQQAAPP’ inclusiveness is a religious mantra
I reported that Canadian CP 24 Host Stephen LeDrew was suspended for appearing on ‘Tucker Carlson’ a few weeks ago.

It was rather embarrassing viewing, but LeDrew actually sought to defend the coercive Liberal policies on gender identity being imposed upon Canadians. LeDrew’s enthusiastic but inept defence of Canada’s public culture of speech made Carlson’s point about indoctrination and totalitarian policies for him.

Ultimately, however, when LeDrew questioned CP 24 why he was suspended, he was fired, ostensibly for ‘helping the competition.’ The idea that the American news channel Fox News is a competitor for CP 24 strains all credulity. Certainly LeDrew is not buying the explanation by Canadian corporate giant Bell media.

LeDrew now returns to ‘Tucker’ and concedes his dismissal had more to do with freedom of speech.

It is rather extraordinary that such a high-profile figure has disappeared from the media landscape with so little publicity.

It is a sign that Canada’s intolerant ‘tolerance’ will brook no opposition when its high profile defenders are ousted for the slightest of transgressions.

The guy Tucker interviewed from Canada is, Stephen LeDrew. He has a somewhat changed tune in this National Post video as the election loomed close back in mid October. The title of his article takes a broad look at the man who brought about such disruptive change and the alternatives 'After four years, haven't you had enough?'

After four years, a somewhat stitched together minority had not had enough, and unfortunately the show continues. The gulf between the East and West (not with standing the Left West Coast, like California), is there for all to see and it will make things much worse by the looks of things.

This story
continues, though, because in December of 2017 you read:

Wow. Good follow up.

Canada can be an aggravating and deceptively dangerous little creature. -When it has been decided that you have transgressed and must be destroyed, it is done in the most infuriating of passive-aggressive ways. People aren't set ablaze with fire, brimstone and outcry. Nobody gets hauled to the guillotine. They're just sort of.., booted out, stolen from and then ignored to death.

I'm thinking of a couple of particular examples. One was that crazy psychic/physicist, John Hutchinson (of "Hutchinson Effect" fame). -At one point when it appeared that maybe the loon was actually on to something, posting videos of his bizarre inventions levitating and disintegrating hunks of steel, the Canadian super-secret police showed up one day, raided his lab, carted off all his stuff and left no forwarding contact number. All his work and equipment, his life's endeavors were just gone, leaving him standing in an empty warehouse with no recourse, legal or otherwise. In the U.S., they'd at least shoot you in the kneecap or burn your house down or give you cancer; you'd KNOW you were in a fight and that you'd lost to a bully. In Canada, they just pretend nothing happened and not reply to your calls. God, I was infuriated when I read his story.

Anyway...

More recently, there was Faith Goldy who ran in the Toronto mayoral election. She was actively despised by Left Leaning Torontonians, and all the major media players. A big media firm she'd contracted to run some adverts for her campaign, illegally refused to run the material, returning her payment and stonewalling any efforts to get answers. When she hired a top flight lawyer to sue, the judge just tossed the case out of court with no recourse. Just.., booted and ignored. Canadians, and Torontonians in particular, are good at collectively pretending that everything is A-Okay, nothing to see here, and sort of almost living comfortably in those bubbles. Canadians blow superior bubbles, eh?

Jordan Peterson is an exception to the rule, probably because he picked up media attention outside Canada's borders.

Last edited:
Thanks Voyageur, that is pretty chilling. I think the reason for his firing was tied to what he said, but that it was decided to go with the 'talking with the competition' angle.

I didn't see that he said anything controversial in the interview, but I think that it is scary to the liars to put any of their agenda under public scrutiny, or even to be discussed. Like the climate argument, it is settled. Don't want anyone opening it up to public debate. I think that was his transgression.

Forgive me if it was already posted here or on the forum and I missed it. I stumbled upon this video by Michael Moreno, a student at Weber State University in Utah. And he recorded his professor making totally jaw dropping statements about "Space being invented by white people", and all kind of other totally "black supremacy" statements. This is so out there, you really have to listen to it. The video is actually 45 or so minutes long, and I also listened to 15 min of it so far 😇 . It is basically a recording of the conversation in the debate class, with Moreno's comments.

Later on there was a backlash on Moreno's sharing of the recording, and now he is facing a possible expulsion. The backlash is that it was supposedly all part of the debate class, and professor supposedly on purpose presented students with outlandhish scenarios for them to debate on. But then, if you listen to the recording, these explanations are clearly invalid.

Here's a link to the interview Moreno gave to Boyce.

My personal take on it, that it is an example of the gradual action of the "Overton window", where certain "officially" outlandish ideas (but already acceptable in certain circles, like the flat Earth society! :nuts:) are being presented for an academic debate, while stifling and preventing from students like Morano to present an adequate opposition to such ideas. In effect nulling the whole purpose of the debate class. 🤷‍♀️The whole thing has a very disturbing feel to it.

And here are the three videos:

And here are the three videos
Yikes, I only got part way through the first one, and heard enough. It reminded me of when the 'new' professors showed up for Łobaczewski and started spewing their nonsense. Which could not be challenged.

It seemed, 'whiteness' was deliberately repeated, even when there was no context for it. Like he had a quota for how many times to repeat it. It all seemed to boil down to relativism, just what he feels to be true. He kept saying, there is no such thing as space, as I have never been there.

He seemed shocked to know that there have been 14 black astronauts, (according to the questioner). I guess it doesn't fit into his whiteness theory. Shocking to see what is taught in universities these days.

Yikes, I only got part way through the first one, and heard enough. It reminded me of when the 'new' professors showed up for Łobaczewski and started spewing their nonsense. Which could not be challenged.

It seemed, 'whiteness' was deliberately repeated, even when there was no context for it. Like he had a quota for how many times to repeat it. It all seemed to boil down to relativism, just what he feels to be true. He kept saying, there is no such thing as space, as I have never been there.

He seemed shocked to know that there have been 14 black astronauts, (according to the questioner). I guess it doesn't fit into his whiteness theory. Shocking to see what is taught in universities these days.
Agreed!

I'm late for the thread and the conversation, but I'm 100% with you And I say it because the sad reality is that they are gaining territory. I move a lot in the university field, within my area of studies (graphic / indsutrial design) and day by day inclusive language is entrenched in people's minds. Not only young people from 20 to 25 years, but men and women (mostly women) over 30 or 40 years!

Even in the family environment, (sister) I have to endure this torture of inclusive language by changing the letter of the word.
However, most people now take it as a joke, but the point will come where they will become bold and will want to impose it at all levels. And the argument (which is not such) always lies in the patriarchy and invisibility of minorities or women.

And now in the same university where I study my career:

The National University of Avellaneda, through resolution No. 524-19 of its Higher Council, approved the use of inclusive language in academic works.

In this way, UNDAV recognized the use of inclusive language in any of its modalities as a valid resource in the productions made by students, teachers, researchers and non-teachers of the Technical Secondary School, undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate.

Likewise, through the Transversal Program of Gender and Diversity Policies, under the Ministry of University Welfare, training, awareness and dissemination actions will be carried out with the objective of committing the university community to communicate with a respectful treatment of the rights of Women, sexual and gender diversity.

I'm sick of this.

We got to discuss a section of Peterson's magnum opus, Maps of Meaning on the most recent MindMatters show:

MindMatters: Meaning in Chaos: Exploring Jordan Peterson's Maps of Meaning (Chapter 2)

Dr. Jordan Peterson's 1999 classic Maps of Meaning contains much the raw material for his more recent lectures and writing. While a dense read at times, it's worth the effort. On this episode of MindMatters we take a look at the first sections in Chapter 2, which explore the universals of human experience: the unbearable present, the encounter with chaos, and its transformation into the ideal future.

With examples from everyday life and neuropsychology, Peterson shows how we are hardwired to respond to novelty, constantly comparing our present state with our ideal future - however vague our notion of it may be. And how the inescapable presence of chaos and novelty mean we must constantly adapt our goals and the steps we take to reach them, constantly learning in the process and constantly transforming the present into the future.

For a discussion on the Introduction and Chapter 1, see:

The Truth Perspective: An Introduction to Jordan Peterson's Maps of Meaning: Explaining Evil and Transforming Chaos

YouTube banned a video where a pediatrician, Dr. Michelle Cretella, talks about gender dysphoria in children, accusing it of hate speech. The offending statement is underlined in the short transcript below. Besides YT curtailing free speech, the transcript is worth a read as it encapsulates some of the gender-changing lunacy and gives an example of therapy resolving gender dysphoria.

Congratulations, it’s a boy!” Or, “Congratulations, it’s a girl!”

As a pediatrician for nearly 20 years, that’s how many of my patient relationships began. Our bodies declare our sex.

Biological sex is not assigned. Sex is determined at conception by our DNA and is stamped into every cell of our bodies. Human sexuality is binary. You either have a normal Y chromosome, and develop into a male, or you don’t, and you will develop into a female. There are at least 6,500 genetic differences between men and women. Hormones and surgery cannot change this.

An identity is not biological, it is psychological. It has to do with thinking and feeling. Thoughts and feelings are not biologically hardwired. Our thinking and feeling may be factually right or factually wrong.

If I walk into my doctor’s office today and say, “Hi, I’m Margaret Thatcher,” my physician will say I am delusional and give me an anti-psychotic. Yet, if instead, I walked in and said, “I’m a man,” he would say, “Congratulations, you’re transgender.”

If I were to say, “Doc, I am suicidal because I’m an amputee trapped in a normal body, please cut off my leg,” I will be diagnosed with body identity integrity disorder. But if I walk into that doctor’s office and say, “I am a man, sign me up for a double mastectomy,” my physician will. See, if you want to cut off a leg or an arm you’re mentally ill, but if you want to cut off healthy breasts or a penis, you’re transgender.

No one is born transgender. If gender identity were hardwired in the brain before birth, identical twins would have the same gender identity 100 percent of the time. But they don’t.

I had one patient we’ll call Andy. Between the ages of 3 and 5, he increasingly played with girls and “girl toys” and said he was a girl. I referred the parents and Andy to a therapist. Sometimes mental illness of a parent or abuse of the child are factors, but more commonly, the child has misperceived family dynamics and internalized a false belief.

In the middle of one session, Andy put down the toy truck, held onto a Barbie, and said, “Mommy and Daddy, you don’t love me when I’m a boy.” When Andy was 3, his sister with special needs was born, and required significantly more of his parents’ attention. Andy misperceived this as “Mommy and Daddy love girls. If I want them to love me, I have to be a girl.” With family therapy Andy got better.

Today, Andy’s parents would be told, “This is who Andy really is. You must ensure that everyone treats him as a girl, or else he will commit suicide.”

As Andy approaches puberty, the experts would put him on puberty blockers so he can continue to impersonate a girl.

It doesn’t matter that we’ve never tested puberty blockers in biologically normal children. It doesn’t matter that when blockers are used to treat prostate cancer in men, and gynecological problems in women, they cause problems with memory. We don’t need testing. We need to arrest his physical development now, or he will kill himself.

But this is not true. Instead, when supported in their biological sex through natural puberty, the vast majority of gender-confused children get better. Yet, we chemically castrate gender-confused children with puberty blockers. Then we permanently sterilize many of them by adding cross-sex hormones, which also put them at risk for heart disease, strokes, diabetes, cancers, and even the very emotional problems that the gender experts claim to be treating.

P.S. If a girl who insists she is male has been on testosterone daily for one year, she is cleared to get a bilateral mastectomy at age 16. Mind you, the American Academy of Pediatrics recently came out with a report that urges pediatricians to caution teenagers about getting tattoos because they are essentially permanent and can cause scarring. But this same AAP is 110 percent in support of 16-year-old girls getting a double mastectomy, even without parental consent, so long as the girl insists that she is a man, and has been taking testosterone daily for one year.

To indoctrinate all children from preschool forward with the lie that they could be trapped in the wrong body disrupts the very foundation of a child’s reality testing. If they can’t trust the reality of their physical bodies, who or what can they trust? Transgender ideology in schools is psychological abuse that often leads to chemical castration, sterilization, and surgical mutilation.

Continuing with Maps of Meaning, Peterson's section on mythology was the focus of the most recent MindMatters show:

MindMatters: Finding Meaning through Mythological Representations: Delving Further into Jordan Peterson's Maps of Meaning

Why have many ancient - and even contemporary stories - just stuck with us and seem etched into the psyche of civilization? What is it about particular narratives that appear to hold something so essential to our existence, and that have become reference points for our own narratives? And how can a story, or a mythology, serve us as we navigate life's many day to day travails, and unexpected twists and turns? Jordan Peterson writes: "A good theory lets you use things — things that once appeared useless — for desirable ends. In consequence, such a theory has a general sense of excitement and hope about it. A good theory about the structure of myth should let you see how a story you couldn't even understand previously might shed new and useful light on the meaning of your life."

Join us this week on MindMatters as we continue our discussion of Jordan Peterson's deeply insightful Maps of Meaning and dive into the treasures of 'Mythological Representation: The Constituent Elements of Experience' - where we'll be taking a look at how the archetypes of many myths are, in fact, all around us - and whether we realize it or not, make up the firmament for the stories we tell ourselves about our own exploratory journeys into both the known and the unknown.

Woke comedy at it’s finest.

In the video below, Nish Kumar, a BBC comedian aka a result of diversity hiring faces a tough crowd (or better said, a crowd of normal people)

This is what happens when they become so arrogant that they forget that it’s not their NPC studio audience laugh tracks that make them famous.

The irony of his comments is that he was berating an audience of native people in their own homeland and disparaging their ancestors in a very insulting way while trying to play the race card as a defense.

When you tell racist jokes, expect a backlash. Perhaps he should consider himself lucky he only had a bread roll thrown at him.

Nish Kumar faces a tough crowd at the Lord's Taverners December 2nd 2019 (8.02 min)

I enjoyed the following youtube comments:

This audience is not approved by the BBC

This is not "a tough crowd". This is normal people's reaction to the television every frigging night. 😎

"You shouldn't take credit for your ancestors fighting Nazis... But you should definitely feel guilty for them colonising India centuries before WW2" Quite a convenient double standard Nish

Comes to an apolitical charity event, makes one sided political "jokes", calls them "right wing", insults them, mocks the people of the UK for surviving WW2 for not being born BUT then goes on to lay the blame of colonization at their feet as if he suffered it himself and finally whines like a little child, including having a temper tantrum about not leaving when he's clearly berated and lost the crowd. Add to this that the only reason we saw it in the news is that the BBC was running defence and justification via a news story for its own comedian (nice and impartial right?) I am sure he will eagerly rejoin his echochamber and good riddance to him. The guy has such a chip on his shoulder that he was donating his time, implying they should just laugh at his terrible partisan jokes. This was an audience that paid over £100 per head, irrespective of their personal politics they were helping with charity, you have no right to a "comedic safe space" and i would highly suggest learning to read a room you whiny little c***.

He was visibly shocked that the audience didn’t buy into this Anglophobic/ white guilt tripe. Stick to ‘performing’ in Islington, son.

Back
Top Bottom