Julian Assange Discussion

Julian's arrival in Australia:

That's some kiss!

Wikileaks press conference:

Interestingly, Jennifer Robinson and Stella Assange emphasised that the US Justice Department only became willing to negotiate after the UK High Court decision that allowed Julian to appeal the extradition request on First Amendment grounds.

I think you're missing the point.
Interesting point ;)

The point I was making when I stated:
it is expunging from the narrative that there ever was a crime
The operative word I was employing was 'narrative' followed by the word 'expunging'. Which the reporter that Ryan quotes kinda reinforces that point by stating:
but it will still hang over the heads of national security reporters for years to come
The reporter is also referencing the 'narrative' that was being put into motion and now out of gas/discredited.

Expunging from the narrative references the shameful reporting/lies/propaganda (ie. narrative) and misappropriation by a faction of people whom it is being shown, are illegally occupying positions within the US Govt. by means of illegal vote tampering. So perhaps the statement of...
the whole world is on notice that it is official US govt. policy
... could be indicating that the occupying people in the US Govt are the entirety of the US Govt, which I think most would disagree with that generalization.

And to clarify one other thing that you responded to by stating:
It's not actually.
I was replying to Beau with "That is correct" that Trump could pardon, but I didn't explicitly state 'if there is a conviction'. I assumed that others might already understand however you typed it out;
because that is only for cases where someone has actually been convicted of a crime
Apologies for the confusion there.

And lastly, regarding the reporter Ryan quoted when he stated...
“The administration could’ve easily just dropped the case but chose to instead legitimize the criminalization of routine journalistic conduct and encourage future administrations to follow suit.” [..]
... is interesting to me in that would the same reporter view the gobs of reporters that lied about Covid but so far, have completely gotten away with it as legitimate?

Seems like the reporter is setting up a future 'narrative' that in the event that say Trump's new administration with a DOJ that has less TDS goes after reporters that routinely and knowingly lied to the public, that the new DOJ and Trump are only trying to 'criminalize routine journalistic conduct'. Or any other HRC/Obama related crimes that are published and causes a Deep State reaction as in the case/example of Julian.

I am optimistic that those types of reactions will dwindle and more 'airing of the laundry' will go on in the near future so that the public can get more of the whole story.

Yanis Varoufakis on Julian Assange's release​

From Youtube:
Yanis Varoufakis with a passionate speech about Julian Assange's release and a scathing criticism of those who sought to keep him behind bars for the crime of 'journalism'.

Julian Assange is finally a free man. The WikiLeaks co-founder was released from Belmarsh prison on Monday morning after 1,901 days of being kept inside the maximum-security location. On May 20, judges at the UK high court in London had granted Assange the right to appeal his United States extradition and, on June 24, he was finally granted bail and was released at Stansted airport from where he boarded a plane and departed for Australia. For us at MERA25 and DiEM25, in which Julian has been with us from the beginning as a founding member, the liberation of our comrade is a milestone: the fight for justice is never in vain. This is the moment to redouble our efforts to free every political prisoner, everywhere!

On news in Australia tonight, apparently Assange won't be able to raise funds by talking or writing about his experiences since he now has a criminal conviction and raising funds in that manner would be confiscated by the govt as proceeds of crime. I don't know if that is technically true, it seems dodgy to me under the circumstances.

On news in Australia tonight, apparently Assange won't be able to raise funds by talking or writing about his experiences since he now has a criminal conviction and raising funds in that manner would be confiscated by the govt as proceeds of crime. I don't know if that is technically true, it seems dodgy to me under the circumstances.
How would Australian proceeds of crime laws apply to any criminal conviction in the US?

From what little I have seen from Stella Assange, I have say that I find her admirable. It seems to me that she was probably the main force over the years that spread the word about Assange and who has found ways of getting him out of the situation.
It's difficult to imagine in words how blessed a man would be to have a wife as faithful and devoted as Stella Assange.

Pepe is often obscure and cryptic and doesn't explain what he says. I don't get what he's saying here.

Chinese analysts totally got it. Julian’s release - complete with that toxic guilty plea - was used to save/preserve/strenghten China containment scam AUKUS.An in-your-face geopolitical play.The Americans used Julian to save face and to save AUKUS.

I get that the Assange release saved face for the US - barely. But how did his release save AUKUS? How was it a geopolitical play? I don't get it. Maybe there's nothing to 'get', and it's just wrong?

Some F-35's were going to bomb AUKUS but Assange shot them down.

That's even more cryptic than Pepe! His release didn't save face for the US, it sort of saved face for the Oz govt. that was under increasing pressure from public opinion. But it was a cynical geopolitical play. It "saved AUKUS" in that the condition imposed on the Oz govt. for his release was new US controlled submarine bases in Oz, designed to "contain China". At least, I think that is what Escobar is getting at.

Was thinking that if Assange is somehow gagged, they might see bringing Killiary back to replace Biden being more of an option for the Dems because people can forget quickly sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom