Julian Assange Discussion

If the US had to resort to such a publicly-visible double-cross, it would nuke Biden's chances of re-election, which I think is also one of the key considerations for why they offered a plea deal. With the Assange issue resolved, the US and UK establishments can now avoid that situation creating any inconvenient headlines as they focus on upcoming elections.
"They" may wait with it for Trump presidency. It was during his term that Assange was arrested, it was during his term when Suleimani was assassinated after all. But that's just pure speculation on my part and totally ungrounded, I suppose.

The only reason he was released is because he pled guilty. Its sets a precedent that makes journalists exposing govt. corruption. a crime. Biden admin did this now to avoid a full pardon under Trump, which would have prevented the setting of a precedent.

Last edited:
Apart from what you say about the reasons for Assange's forthcoming release, could it be that this is happening precisely now to distract from Gaza, the terrorist attack two days ago in Russia and the next war Israel wants to start in Lebanon? And of course Ukraine.

I sincerely hope Assange pulls through.

My thought on reading this is that maybe Assange, his family and networks are "losing a thumb", so to speak, in order to "save the hand" by this plea of guilt. Assange's overall health condition is in a very serious state.

Regarding if this hearing may be a trap, I tend to think along the lines of Ryan and others that the Democrats may shoot themselves in the foot with such an action. Many voters for the Democrats are on the side of getting Julian Assange released, so trapping or assassinating him before the elections may get a few more people turning their backs on that party. Whereas releasing him will make the Democrats look better in that respect than Trump (as it was under his presidency when Assange got arrested).

Like Joe said, it is quite telling of the moral state of the collective West on what is considered freedom of press - a now reverted value, where telling the truth and exposing atrocities have been made a crime. This hearing will be another part of that sham trial, in the way as one could say: "Punish one, thus discipline the others."

I really do hope that he will come out well from that hearing; and that he and his family finally get a break and hopefully more than just one breather.

I‘m really happy to hear that news! If I were Assange I would now try to flee to Russia as quickly as possible. Carefully and strategically though. You really can’t trust those psychos in the west. It is hard to tell how aware he is of what happened in the world since his arrest or how much psychological and/or physical damage he has. Could be quite considerable. In any case, he probably will need many months/years to process what happened. What happened was traumatizing to say the least. He might be damaged beyond “repair“ in this lifetime too.

The only reason he was released is because he pled guilty. Its sets a precedent that makes journalists exposing govt. corruption. a crime. Biden admin did this now to avoid a full pardon under Trump, which would have prevented the setting of a precedent.

I wonder if Assange's team was unsure about a possible Trump pardon (or maybe a Trump Presidency), the RINOs were pretty much against it. They had only to wait until possibly after the inauguration in January. Maybe they went with what was in front of them now, its been a long and tiring battle after all.

Couldn't Trump just pardon him for what he pled guilty to then?
That is correct.
Pardons symbolize forgiveness for the crime, but they usually don't wipe out guilt or expunge the conviction and therefore criminal record.
Pardons, especially in this case are more impactful than forgiving of a crime, it is expunging from the narrative that there ever was a crime and more importantly, a label that must be affixed anytime the fake news brings it up. That will neutralize about 1000 hours of 'pundits' talking about the above distinction as the wind is taken out from what the HRC as well as Obama's playbook was going to say about Julian and 'freedom of the press' protections that they pretend to champion. That mask falls off now.
Many voters for the Democrats are on the side of getting Julian Assange released
Very important statement, and those voters are the most fiercely independent but often influential in society, and flipping them is a key element to all of this playing out. I personally think that many of the avid libertarians will hear it directly from Julian which probably will add cement to the fortification of liberty.
Whereas releasing him will make the Democrats look better in that respect than Trump (as it was under his presidency when Assange got arrested).
A lot of the relentless attacks against Trump, practically daily, during his presidency have been eroded from the forefront of the publics collective memory. It was horrible and amazing to see the amount of ammunition expended during that time. It is very well documented that those that wanted Julian to be stuffed into a hole somewhere are the same ones on the stage currently during this presidential race. And it isn't Trumps team that were the ones scared to hear what Julian has to say.
Apart from what you say about the reasons for Assange's forthcoming release, could it be that this is happening precisely now to distract from Gaza, the terrorist attack two days ago in Russia and the next war Israel wants to start in Lebanon? And of course Ukraine.
I would suggest looking at the events you mention in Russia [which didn't go their way at all due to local resistance] plus the illegals killing US citizens (children at that!) as the distraction the D's put into play to cause the distraction from Julian's 'freeing'.
Interesting date too, 24/6/24 = 6/6/6
The music video I posted was made two years ago but referenced the 'insider psyop' drop from 2018 referencing the sequence and the freeing. That is more interesting to me than the actual sequence of numbers.

Robert Bridge claims in this article for RT that the precedent set is weak due to the lack of a court ruling:

“The plea deal won’t have the precedential effect of a court ruling, but it will still hang over the heads of national security reporters for years to come… It’s purely symbolic,” Seth Stern, the director of advocacy for Freedom of the Press Foundation (FPF), said in a statement. “The administration could’ve easily just dropped the case but chose to instead legitimize the criminalization of routine journalistic conduct and encourage future administrations to follow suit.” [..]

While a plea deal would avoid the worst-case scenario for media liberties, it cannot be ignored that Assange was incarcerated for five years for activities that journalists engage in every day. There is good reason why the US waged a massive smear campaign against Assange, who was blessed with courage rarely seen in journalism.
If Trump were to pardon Assange anyway, that would weaken the precedent even further, possibly to the point of uselessness.

Also, we don't really know yet if he's the same man that got locked away. They may have attempted to mess with his mind. It will be interesting to see what he does next.
that's what I have been wondering, what will he do next. Or maybe part of the deal is to reveal something about someone.. but also

I am curious, would the Biden campaign, on the other hand, try to capitalize on this?
Yes, all the democrats I know already started to adopt that angle "well, Biden finally corrected that mistake.. it happened under Biden" like when Obama "killed" Bin Laden... it's a propaganda piece designed to increase votes and add talking points.

From ABC News:

• Julian Assange is officially a free man, after a US judge in Saipan sentenced him to time already served.
  • The WikiLeaks founder pleaded guilty to one charge of conspiracy, relating to the publication of classified US documents in 2010.
  • The 52-year-old already served five years in a British jail before a plea deal was struck.
  • Julian Assange is now flying back home to Australia, where he'll spend time with his wife and two children.
  • He is due to touch down in Canberra tonight. WikiLeaks say they are holding a press conference at 9:15pm AEST.
As part of the sentencing, he was banned from re-entering the United States, which he had entered for the first time only a few hours earlier.

"'Murica."

1719382695033.png

That is correct.

It's not actually.

Pardons, especially in this case are more impactful than forgiving of a crime, it is expunging from the narrative that there ever was a crime and more importantly, a label that must be affixed anytime the fake news brings it up. That will neutralize about 1000 hours of 'pundits' talking about the above distinction as the wind is taken out from what the HRC as well as Obama's playbook was going to say about Julian and 'freedom of the press' protections that they pretend to champion. That mask falls off now.

I think you're missing the point. A presidential pardon in the USA does not erase or expunge the record of the conviction itself. That said, there is no actual court ruling here as Ryan mentioned, although Assange pled guilty to a crime of which he was accused, not by a court, but by the US govt. So while it does not technically set a precedent, the whole world is on notice that it is official US govt. policy to find any leaking of "top secret" information pertaining to govt. corruption a criminal act that they will seek to pursue.

If Trump were to pardon Assange anyway, that would weaken the precedent even further, possibly to the point of uselessness.

Yeah, I think if Trump were to do anything, he would have simply dropped the case. It wouldn't have been a pardon because that is only for cases where someone has actually been convicted of a crime. As you mention:

“The administration could’ve easily just dropped the case but chose to instead legitimize the criminalization of routine journalistic conduct and encourage future administrations to follow suit.” [..]

The nice thing to do would have been to just drop the case. But they weren't inclined to do that, because they wanted to set an 'unofficial' precedent in the public mind.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom