1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
1 lemon juice

How much lemon juice?

The juice of half lemon.

Approaching Infinity said:
Yas said:
I mixed everything with a blender.

Did you heat it on the stove first? If so, how hot did you let it get?

No. The lard I used was newly rendered so it was creamy, almost liquid, so I thought it would be better not to heat it because my experience has been that lard emulsifies better when it isn't hot.

hlat said:
Do you use a measuring cup or scale to measure out 1 kg?

Here in my country, lard is always sold by weight. I didn't measure but I bought 1kg, so I guess they used a scale. :)

Today, my fat bomb has thickened so much that it's still creamy but quite "hard", it's quite similar to icecream. :thup:

What I noticed is that you need to be careful with the amount of lemon because the strong acid flavour needs to be perfectly balanced with all the other ingredients. I think it also depends on the lemon, some are sweeter than others. The ones I used are the native lemons and they are really acid, there's no sweetness in them, but that subtle acid flavour certainly adds to the taste, it's very good! :)

Olives and eggs and coconut oil

Some time ago I could not refuse a "special offer" - (it came along with a very nice glass box) and I bought 400 gramms of green olives.
Yesterday I decided to use them and make something that I would like to eat and could last for a while.

First I made a puree of them with a blender, than added
6 lemons (lemonjuice) and also peeled two of them and added the peelings as well.
400 grams of coconotoil
1/8 Liter of oliveoil
8 hard boiled eggs
a little bit anchovies paste
4 onions (cut into very small pieces)
and some pepper

I mixed that alltogether very well and I liked the taste of it.
I was very surprised that the olives go along with the coconutoil which I could not imagin before.
so this is a way for me to get some of the fat into my body . . .

Olives and eggs and coconut oil - addition

I just read about dried meat crackers in a recipe here. I think that will go along very well with this kind of sauce you get!

Yas said:
I think I've finally got it right for the No-eggs FatBomb

I used:

1kg of lard
2 cups of warm water
2 tablespoons of lecithin
2 tablespoons of xylitol
a bit of stevia to taste
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
1 lemon juice

I mixed everything with a blender.

It's absolutely delicious! And it's also perfectly emulsified, the texture is quite creamy, but I suppose it can be 'harder' with a bit of bone broth or gelatin powder.

Here's a picture:

This is great Yas. I'm about 4 weeks into the Keto diet now and had to stop with the fat bombs for the last week as I'm almost certainly sensitive to the egg yokes. I'm feeling somewhat better now but have lost weight in the last week (which I can't afford to as I'm super-skinny anyway) so will give this a go today. I might try adding some gelatin too as I prefer the fat bombs with some substance.

Thank-You! :)

Here is my version of the chocolate fat-bomb with a special twist thanks to Logos5x5

• 500g lard
  • 200g butter
  • 400ml water
  • 3tbs stevia
  • 3tbs cocoa powder
  • 1tsp vanilla extract
  • 12 egg yolks

You follow the regular preparation (heat, put out to mix egg yolks, put back again, cool off) but at the end, after you have cooled it off with the immersion of the pot into cold water and after you verify that in fact the mixture is suitable for putting it in a blender, you give it a few secs (maybe a min) in it. This will cause the whole mixture to get air and to become extra creamy. Here is a pic:

ys0oRF0.jpg

Wow! :thup:

Looks great Navigator!

It seems that you don't need the gelatin powder there. :)

Laura said:
Don't know why anybody wants to keep drinking the fat bombs when the custard version is so much better. Here is the refined and perfected recipe:

Anyway, here goes:

1 liter or 1 Quart of coconut milk (canned is fine)
500 grams or 1 pound sweet butter or ghee
1 cup coconut oil or lard if preferred
3 soup/tablespoons of plain (knox or other) gelatin
11 tsps xylitol or 14 tsps erythritol
24 egg yolks
vanilla
grated, unsweetened coconut if desired - 1 cup

Put the coconut milk, butter, coconut oil, gelatin, xylitol in the pot. Mix around to start the gelatin dissolving. Put pot on a heat diffuser on the stove, low medium heat. Stir it occasionally as it warms up. Meanwhile, separate the eggs. Freeze or toss out the whites.

Make sure the eggs are beaten up, none of the yolks whole.

When the mixture in the pot starts getting hot and steaming, you want to get ready to put the egg yolks in very carefully. This is crucial. I use a meat thermometer and when it says that the temp is 70 C - 158 F - it's time.

Take the pot off the stove.

Start drizzling the egg yolks into the pot while whisking thoroughly between each addition. I usually add a bit, make sure it is mixed well, add a bit more, mix well, and so on. Have a scraper handy to scrape out the bowl into the pot.

Put pot BACK on the heat. At this point, you want to stir constantly until the mixture starts to thicken. That will happen when you come back to your temperature 70 C - 158 F. You can feel it. Once you feel a definite thickening, about one more minute of stirring. At this point, take the pot off and set it into cold water in the sink and keep stirring until the water in the sink gets a bit warm. While doing this, add the vanilla. A good bit if you like. I put in 3 or 4 tablespoons, more or less.

Next, put the pot on the counter. At this point, you can make different flavors.

For coconut: Get 1/2 cup/4 ozs/100 ml of water ready and your immersion blender. Add in your cup of grated, unsweetened coconut. Mix. Then, start blending the custard and add the cold water. Blend all around in the pot until the water and plenty of air is fully integrated. This step gives the custard a super light, silky texture. Also, if you let your custard get too hot and it curdles, doing this will restore creaminess.

For chocolate: Stir in about 3 or 4 tablespoons of plain cocoa instead of coconut. Follow directions above.

For coffee: Instead of adding cold water, just add an equivalent amount of cold, strong, coffee. Blend thoroughly.

For lemon: Instead of adding cold water, add 4 ounces of lemon juice and a dash of lemon extract. Blend thoroughly.

For strawberry: Instead of adding cold water, add half a cup of mashed strawberries and a tsp of strawberry extract.

Finally, ladle into dessert dishes or little jelly glasses or yogurt glasses and refrigerate for an hour or so.

You can also increase the gelatin to 4 tablespoons to make the custard very "sturdy" for pouring into molds. We made a triple batch the other day for a birthday, and made three flavors, and layered them in a ring mold. They set up beautifully and sliced just like a cake. It was really like an ice-cream cake more than anything else!

If you just want a plain simple vanilla custard can you stop where I've highlighted it?

I made it for the first time today - just kept it the simple custard. Just finished putting it into jars. I got seven servings out of it. I used 500g of butter and 500g of lard with water. Couldnt believe how good it tasted, just like real custard.

My estimate nutrition at data

total fat 1023g
carbs 26g
protein 72g

For me since I divided it into 7 that's 146g of fat, 3g of carbs and 10g of protein per serving! Add 4 pork chops on another meal and I've made my daily allowance for fat and protein!

Jamie

Yas said:
Wow! :thup:

Looks great Navigator!

It seems that you don't need the gelatin powder there. :)

Oh, yes I did, just forgot to mention it. Next I only used 1 tbsp and it turned out a bit more crumley so to speak, but still very good :)

Rabelais asked me for the most recent recipe from us here, and I realized we didn't have one quite like what we are doing now. So here it goes:

1 kg. lard
1/2 kg butter
1.5 liters water
5 rounded Tbsp powdered gelatin
18 Tbsp xylitol or erythritol
48 egg yolks
2Tbsp vanilla

Usual preparation. (Melt fat, water, gelatin and sweetener together and heat until it reaches approx. 70 degrees Celsius, remove from fire, use a hand blender to mix egg yolks and to incorporate them to the liquid, put back into the fire at low heat, and stir until it reaches a creamy consistency. Once it reaches approx. 70 degrees Celsius and is creamy, cool down, add vanilla)

Divide the preparation in equal amounts, 2 or three depending on the flavoring you want. (and adapt the amount of liquid depending on the quantity of fat bomb mix you've got. This is what we use for 3 flavors, with the amounts given above.)

Choco-coffee:
3 Tbsp pure cocoa powder
1 cup of strong coffee (can be instant coffee)

Berries:
2 cups of berries (strawberries, raspberries, or whichever you like)
1 cup of water

Lemon:
1 cup of lemon juice

Back
Top Bottom