Ketogenic Diet - Powerful Dietary Strategy for Certain Conditions

I recently had a tick bite that needed an excision to completely remove the tick.
Oh Bobo08, how awful for you!!

For future prevention of ticks, you might like to try an essential oil called “Pelargonium graveolens” or Rose Geranium Oil (sometimes called ‘Cape Rose Geranium Oil’). I bought certified organic. I recall that it comes from a bush that grows in South Africa.

(Note - don’t buy ordinary Rose Geranium Oil, not the same thing.)

Years ago I was having a nightmare experience with ticks and did some research online. I discovered a post from a woman who lived in the County of Lyme who used to go bushwalking a lot. She and her dog were just smothered in ticks. She started using this oil and experienced a complete change in their experience. I’m not sure who was happier - her or the dog! 😂

When I tried it, I found this amazing at preventing ticks, they absolutely cannot stand it. Other friends have also tried it and had brilliant success.

I applied a tiny amount on my fingers and swiped it around my sock/ankle area, on my footwear, on my belt/waist area, on the collar of my top and at the back of my hairline/neck area (my worst problems were when they ended up burrowing into my head), and then just kinda lightly rubbed what was left all over my clothes.

You could probably make it up into a spray and concentrate the mist it certain areas on your body/clothing.

Also used a tiny amount on a friends dogs (with their permission) around the neck and base of tail, they were astonished at the result. Used it on my cats at the back of their neck and under the jaw. Amazing result.

FWIW. :flowers:

Bobo08

Dagobah Resident
FOTCM Member
Thank you. I only have ferritin tested, which is 194 ug/L. I understand that it is high, but didn't know that it is related to cholesterol. I will make an appointment for blood donation shortly.

onemen

Jedi
If they allow you, yeah, it's a way to unload excess blood.

Ok.

I started my first unloading yesterday, Didn't want to be rejected so, had to tell them I DID eat before coming even though I was "fasted" as I only eat on the evening at home. I felt fine though.

I made an appointement for the plasma donation in 2 weeks.
On their website (EFS), there is the following about the interval between donation :

capture112.png

It means, I could in theory unload some every 2 weeks, alternating like this : Full Blood > Plasma > Platelets > Plasma > Full Blood > ...
Is there some contra indications to doing that way ? I worry a bit if I give to much to quick, I might get some tiredness.

Gaby

SuperModerator
FOTCM Member
I worry a bit if I give to much to quick, I might get some tiredness.
If you get too low on blood, they should alert you. If you feel weak or that you gave enough, just cancel the appointment.

Usually they should alert you not to donate blood if you get too low, but they might be a bit desperate these days due to lack of donations. Sounds crazy, but I knew at least of a woman who ended up anemic from donating so much.

onemen

Jedi
If you get too low on blood, they should alert you. If you feel weak or that you gave enough, just cancel the appointment.

Usually they should alert you not to donate blood if you get too low, but they might be a bit desperate these days due to lack of donations. Sounds crazy, but I knew at least of a woman who ended up anemic from donating so much.
Thank you Gaby. :flowers:

Top Bottom