Laura's books at Amazon

Kaigen said:
Is there German store too, for the books in German? Thanks.

http://de.pilulerouge.com

There are facebook, Google and Twitter buttons on every page. You will be able to leave comments/reviews on the Pilule Rouge website soon too.

All German books will shortly be available also on amazon.de, including Kindle versions.

Laura said:
We have all received so much, we do need to give back - and maybe before the door closes and we aren't able to ... 2012 is the year for settling up your debts, I believe. I wouldn't put it off.

This is a really interesting remark, which clarifies something I realize I have been slightly aware of at the back of my mind for a while, without bringing the thought into the light of day, so to say.

When we purchase a book, the author receives some income from that. But, there is I think another kind of debt we owe to the author, that of paying for the knowledge we receive. You could say that the money pays for the production costs of the physical container of the knowledge, while what we receive in terms of knowledge gained is much more difficult to put a price on.

It seems to me therefore that Laura is entirely correct to suggest that we repay that debt by writing positive reviews. Potential readers will be encouraged to read something worthwhile if there are more positive reviews of a book.

just finished a review of the secret history for the german amazon. Will be online in 48 hours.

Do you want know the truth? You can´t handle the truth. Most of us will know those famous words Jack Nicholson shouted out in the movie ´A few good men´. Laura Knight- Jadczyks´s ´A Secret History of the World´ is one of those books that takes up that challenge and invites you to really look at that truth. And what a shocker it is. Not in its sensationalism, but in its well researched connecting of many pieces of the puzzle, in such a thorough and convincing way that not only the picture becomes clearer but, more important, becomes undeniable. I for one came a few times close to not handle what she wrote: the truth is indeed more than terrifying and to be woken up out of a pleasant bliss of ignorance is not comfortable. This is a book that shaked and rattled the foundations of my understanding and perception of reality. Page after page I realized I was living in a labyrinth of lies and deceptions and yes, to realize that that hurts.

Laura Knight-Jadczyks tour de force is based on three different congruent forces that make it surpass much of the other books I read on the topics she treats. First she goes one or many steps further in the single ideas she puts forward. She deals with them in detail, looks at them from many angles and just when you think this should be enough, she shows another level, deeper down the rabbit hole. Second the number of those single ideas just keep coming, page after page. Third she connects those ideas. The reader is not just offered a set of pieces of the puzzle and left with that, no, the pieces are put together.

It is this connecting that enables her to show that A is not only connected with B, but through C and D is also connected with E. And it is only by grasping that A is in relation with E that the connection of B and C and D start to make sense. And once it all connects, only then the truth starts making sense, only then it becomes undeniable. Yes, many books offer a piece or two, even three. Much less books are capable of putting two pieces together. And in most cases, when a part of the puzzle is revealed, it is a part of the blue sky, the sheepish clouds or the green pasture. Rare are the books like this that give the truth a face. This book asks: do you see it now, can you still deny it now? The face might be shocking, but is there. Breathe in and take a good long look at it. The face is there.

The greatest thing about this book? You start to connect yourself after a few hundred pages of been shown how. Your brain wakes up out of that long slumber, out of that long bliss of ignorance. And that is a priceless gift. The hurt I felt disappeared and instead a joy of knowing took over. This book made me feel alive. I felt so happy after ending it: finally somebody told me what truth is all about and showed how to look at it and how to get to it.

So, to repeat Jack´s question one more time: Can you handle the truth? Want to try it? Then buckle up and dive into this book. The ride is fantastic.

Shijing said:
Just did The Vegetarian Myth and 9/11: The Ultimate Truth. I'm going to try to get one or two in every day for the indefinite future (there's a lot of books out there to review!).

My experience has been that when I do things like this - dedicate myself to a worthy task - and persist in spite of things that act to divert me, many interesting positive things start happening in my life. I'll be interested to see what happens for all who commit to this project. It may very well be something like the flapping of the butterfly's wings...

Another thing is to click the "Like" button which is just below the book title and, as already mentioned, report positive reviews as helpful.

Shijing said:
Just did The Vegetarian Myth and 9/11: The Ultimate Truth. I'm going to try to get one or two in every day for the indefinite future (there's a lot of books out there to review!).

That's my plan as well, one every day if I can.

Endymion said:
When we purchase a book, the author receives some income from that. But, there is I think another kind of debt we owe to the author, that of paying for the knowledge we receive. You could say that the money pays for the production costs of the physical container of the knowledge, while what we receive in terms of knowledge gained is much more difficult to put a price on.

It seems to me therefore that Laura is entirely correct to suggest that we repay that debt by writing positive reviews. Potential readers will be encouraged to read something worthwhile if there are more positive reviews of a book.

Indeed, I completely agree. The Knowledge gained is priceless and begs for a different type of giving back then the purely monetary. When we have gained so much, not sharing about it, not enabling others to know about it should they wish to and, with that, further helping the author, feels strange and unbalanced (it has a "Scroogean" feeling of hiding in a cave with lots of information and keeping everything for oneself, if that makes any sense!).

I also know how much I value reading other readers' comments when researching a book, and seeing a lot of them also tends to have that subconscious effect in the way we give credibility to the author.

Very good points made here. And I agree with them. As I said before, I'll be devoting time on a regular basis writing reviews and voting up helpful ones and voting down unhelpful ones.

I'm just wondering why I never did it earlier. I feel a bit stupid for that. Well, it just goes to show there's always more to Work on and look into and search for what else we CAN be doing but aren't. Thanks for bringing this up Gertrudes! :)

I have written reviews for some of the books in the RRL (recommended reading list) back in 2007-08 on Amazon.com, Amazon.ca, and Amazon.co.uk. I have most reviews on the first one than the others since I've brought the non-RRL books from there and wrote some reviews for them.

I've made a mistake in the beginning of writing so long a review since some readers just don't want to read a really long review and tend to skip it. Just a few or less paragraphs would do.

I haven't got to some of the recent books for reviewing yet as I've been busy this weekend on collegework.

Type "Knight-Jadczyk Amazon" into a google search and click on the links "Amazon.com: Profile for Laura Knight-Jadczyk", "Amazon.com: 9/11 The Ultimate Truth (9781897244227): Laura...", "Amazon.com: The Secret History of the World and How to Get Out .." etc.

Type "Knight-Jadczyk" into a Amazon.com search and click on the links, type "Knight-Jadczyk" into a Amazon.co.uk search and click on the links, etc.

And let's type "Sarkozy's Backers" into a google search and click on the search button 911 times! :headbash:

Gertrudes said:
Another thing is to click the "Like" button which is just below the book title and, as already mentioned, report positive reviews as helpful.
Just a note that we're also on twitter (t). For those who are already on there or who want to join, it would be great to find and follow us. Also, in addition to "liking" the book, one can follow and tweet on t. Last, also sharing on fb (as well as liking) is great for sharing the info further and a great way to give back, in my opinion.

Here is my review at Amazon.fr:

11 septembre, l'ultime vérité (Broché)
Voici un livre qui littéralement m'a ouvert les yeux. Car ce livre traite sur un sujet qui a changé le cours de notre histoire de l'humanité et qui, en étudiant comment le 9/11 a pu se produire, nous ouvre une porte sur la connaissance de cette réalité qui est dirigée par des psychopathes qui contrôlent le monde.

Très bien documenté par une historienne qui a une excellente connaissance de l'Histoire, ce livre nous fait voir les responsables de cette tragédie qui non seulement a touché les citoyens américains mais la planète entière apportant avec elle une tragique guerre en Irak qui va s'étendre au reste du Moyen Orient et sur toute la planète.

Il s'agit aussi d'un livre qui apporte des faits incontestables et une réflexion sur notre présent comme humanité.

Nous avons été manipulés et mentis sur l'attentat du 9/11, base de la Guerre Totale qu'ont entrepris les "pouvoirs" pour contrôler a la fois toutes les ressources planétaires, contrôler l'humanité et provoquer des millions de morts en Irak et ailleurs. Sur un mensonge des milliers de victimes nous regardent et demandent justice. Ce livre se veut comme éclaircissement.

Ce n'est pas un livre facile parce qu'il remet en cause toute une panoplie de mensonges. C'est un livre honnête, clair, inspirant. Après l'avoir lu vous ne verrez plus cette réalité de la même façon. Peut-être même après l'avoir lu vous commencerez à vous poser des questions, essentielles, sur cette fausse réalité qui tient debout grâce à notre silence et notre conformisme et qui fait de nous des êtres qui acceptent tout sans rien remettre en question. Il est temps d'ouvrir nos yeux et de questionner tout ce qui se dit sur le 9/11. Laura a eu le courage de le faire.

SeekinTruth
I'm just wondering why I never did it earlier. I feel a bit stupid for that. Well, it just goes to show there's always more to Work on and look into and search for what else we CAN be doing but aren't. Thanks for bringing this up Gertrudes! :)

I agree totally, especially the stupid part. I will start this week and post as quickly as I can manage a review for every book of Laura's I have read and the books of other authors we support.

In addition to writing reviews, I will begin to regularly "patrol" Amazon for any negative posts and work to nullify them.

It is a relief to have a clear task to engage in regularly to help Laura and the cause--I too regret I did not "get it" earlier.
shellycheval

shellycheval said:
SeekinTruth

I agree totally, especially the stupid part. I will start this week and post as quickly as I can manage a review for every book of Laura's I have read and the books of other authors we support.

In addition to writing reviews, I will begin to regularly "patrol" Amazon for any negative posts and work to nullify them.

It is a relief to have a clear task to engage in regularly to help Laura and the cause--I too regret I did not "get it" earlier.
shellycheval

Just a thought: we may feel stupid at not having thought to do this already, and it might be tempting to get as many reviews in as possible to make up for it, but it might draw attention if everyone suddenly reviews all of Laura's books all at once.

Would it be worthwhile for everyone to pace themselves when doing this important task? Do a review of one of Laura's books, then some other author. Wait a week. Do it again. Spread it out, and in a couple months, with hundreds of us doing it, it might look more "natural", than going all hog-wild at once.

Is this a valid concern at all?

Breton said:
Is this a valid concern at all?

Of course, it's been brought up on this thread already. Gertrudes mentioned writing reviews for other books/movies/whatever you can. If you do a few reviews of Laura's work a day, it's good to do it for random stuff or related works like the cognitive science or paleo books. But yeah, don't write 10 reviews of Laura's books today and then just stop. It's good to be eager to help, it just needs to be controlled and done with consideration.

Gertrudes said:
Endymion said:

Indeed, I completely agree. The Knowledge gained is priceless and begs for a different type of giving back then the purely monetary. When we have gained so much, not sharing about it, not enabling others to know about it should they wish to and, with that, further helping the author, feels strange and unbalanced (it has a "Scroogean" feeling of hiding in a cave with lots of information and keeping everything for oneself, if that makes any sense!).

I also know how much I value reading other readers' comments when researching a book, and seeing a lot of them also tends to have that subconscious effect in the way we give credibility to the author.

I agree as well as to giving back in more than just the monetary 'value', it's actually the most logical thing to do. As said already, the work, energy, research, knowledge of Laura and the various other authors, that have been put into their books need more effort from us, who've so greatly benefited, to at least try to achieve some sort of balance - and spreading our appreciation of those works to other people is the least we can do apart from buying. And I agree with Gertrudes, that reviews of others are always appreciated and helpful when trying to assess a book.

If we value something, we best speak out loud and let others know. Shining the light on what would otherwise be drowned by too much noise. This was an important nudge here, so thanks for starting the thread, Gertrudes. I've just written my first review, and more are to follow, on both Laura's and the RRL books.

Just did "Secret History", should be up in 48hours. Will do more in a couple of days.

It's fun to review books that you like... :)

Back
Top Bottom