Learning to play keyboard

I configured the keyboard in FL Studio as a midi device and now I play directly on the keyboard
Cool man!
I also have small midi controller (Alesis V25) for some quick sound or melody test.
I don't know if it is common, but playing via midi controller in FL (or DAW generally) has some lag from time to time. Maybe it is about USB entry or processor speed, don't know.
Anyway, playing on hardware is more satisfying to me and I prefer it, especially when jamming with a friend.

aragorn

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
If you want to have a glimpse in how those master concert pianist practice, I found a nice 'vlog' of top pianist Tiffany Poon. These professionals practice hours and hours a day, until they master every detail. Tiffany says she practices 2-5 hours a day (she's also studying philosophy at a university). That may sound as much, but I've heard of pianists who practice a lot more. For instance, I remember how one of the biggest names, Lang Lang, described how he at 6 years old practiced 6 hours a day, and when he was 8 he practiced 8 hours a day, and when 10...you guessed it...10 hours a day!

Anyway, Tiffany's channel has many interesting videos for piano enthusiasts, and she has a good sense of humor.

A few examples:

Yes, thanks for links, it is unbelievable how much time they put together into this, but I guess they treat is as a job, or a job they like doing. :)
I use the method of 15 minutes of warm ups and scales practice, 15 minutes of fooling around while trying to be creative and 30-45 minutes for playing and learning to play a song.
Although I like hearing classical music, I do not enjoy playing or learning it, and I am more interested into rock,blues,jazz and chillout electronic music.
I am currently learning blues scales and am trying to compose some basic 12 bar blues piece. :)

Top Bottom