"Life Without Bread"

Or possibly since another portion of the populace considers him a nutter, anything he plugs must be a crazy idea. Nice move to poison the well. Still, given his audience, what might happen if they take up the idea? Right-wing christian fundies suddenly having their thinking become clearer??? Where would it end?? :evil:

Yep my senses have definitely become clearer and more acute. I smell everything, when my mom cooks her rice and stuff and I'm all the way in the basement I used to get repulsed, but then I realized that this is imply data, no need to be repulsed only to observe and note physical and psychic responses to same.

I definitely think that people have been sedated in oh so many ways, diet being the principal method. Hehe, what would happen if they start to cut the sedatives from their diet, ie all that they take into their organism, hmm interesting things I suppose. ;)

Foxx said:
melatonin said:
Finally i have kicked gluten and dairy.
I didnt take Laura's advice earlier on in thread. I was reluctant to let go of being a vegatarian.
3 days ago i started eating meat, ive missed it, and i can tell my body has too. (2 years being a vegetarian)
The urges to binge eat carbs have gone.
Im sat here eating sliced cooked ham.
:)

Congratulations melatonin! :)

Have you read Primal Body Primal Mind yet?

Not yet Foxx, so many books to read!
The ham/chicken im having is the processed stuff and has dexstrose in it. Not ideal id imagine, but a step in right direction. :cool:

Edited - Added 1 word.

Megan said:
Get a load of this:

_http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47715904/ns/local_news-wichita_ks/t/bill-oreilly-credits-no-wheat-diet-his-weight-loss/

It's fascinating to watch "damage control" at work.

WICHITA, Kansas — Well into harvest, combines across Kansas are cutting wheat, and so did Bill O'Reilly, right out of his diet.
"Since then, my cholesterol has dropped, my allergies have left, my waist size is down two inches, just for giving up wheat," said O'Reilly...

..."There would be a lot of farmers out of business, if that happened," said farmer Scott Van Allen...

...Watching O'Reilly video, Van Allen couldn't disagree more with him.
"To blanketly say that wheat is the cause of obesity, is just preposterous," said Van Allen...

..."There is no scientific evidence to back up that gluten is toxic to anyone who does not have celiac disease, which only affects about 1 percent of the population..."

..."What Bill has done is just cut out a huge potential source of calories from his diet by restricting himself, he has managed to lose some weight..."

Yeah, talk about damage control. What Scott Van Allen says is HIGHLY questionable. First of all, according to Nora Gedgaudas, only about 1% of celiac disease is diagnosed. Second, the accumulated evidence shows that gluten is definitely toxic to MOST people. There may be a minority that is much more tolerant (maybe 25%?), but even in those people, some of them just may not show any symptoms and then up and die at age 45 or 50 from a massive heart attack or stroke.

SeekinTruth said:
Yeah, talk about damage control. What Scott Van Allen says is HIGHLY questionable. First of all, according to Nora Gedgaudas, only about 1% of celiac disease is diagnosed. Second, the accumulated evidence shows that gluten is definitely toxic to MOST people. There may be a minority that is much more tolerant (maybe 25%?), but even in those people, some of them just may not show any symptoms and then up and die at age 45 or 50 from a massive heart attack or stroke.

Evidence is turning up that connects gluten with all kinds of things. What constitutes evidence in the pathological legal system, however, is quite different from what we mean when we are looking for a guide as to what is safe to eat. So the PTB can continue to play the message over and over that "there is no proof," and those that listen (mostly everybody) pay for it with their health.

This particular source goofed and said "there is no scientific evidence." That is an out and out lie. But lies play well in the marketplace of ideas.

Megan said:
This particular source goofed and said "there is no scientific evidence." That is an out and out lie. But lies play well in the marketplace of ideas.

Yes, that is an out and out lie. And yes, unfortunately, lies do play well in the marketplace of ideas.

Foxx said:
melatonin said:
Finally i have kicked gluten and dairy.
I didnt take Laura's advice earlier on in thread. I was reluctant to let go of being a vegatarian.
3 days ago i started eating meat, ive missed it, and i can tell my body has too. (2 years being a vegetarian)
Im sat here eating sliced cooked ham.
:)

Congratulations melatonin! :)

Have you read Primal Body Primal Mind yet?

Hi Foxx, i have checked the forum, is there any preference to red meat over white, or are they both ok?

melatonin said:
Hi Foxx, i have checked the forum, is there any preference to red meat over white, or are they both ok?

There are no preferences, what is important is: What is your body happy with? What 'meat' (red or white) is your body happy with? What 'meat' (red or white) produces adverse reactions in your body?

For example I can eat chicken breast, but not the meat on chicken legs, yet I can eat all the meat from a turkey without any reaction, pork I've found a way to come to terms with all of it (initially, only bacon and mince were OK), yet beef is definitely off the scale of acceptability - just adverse reactions.

It is all down to individual differences in what is acceptable to 'your' body. There is no blanket coverage of what is OK. The whole diet is based on what foods you can tolerate and what you cannot - totally individual.

This may help, or not. :)

Prodigal Son said:
melatonin said:

There are no preferences, what is important is: What is your body happy with? What 'meat' (red or white) is your body happy with? What 'meat' (red or white) produces adverse reactions in your body?

For example I can eat chicken breast, but not the meat on chicken legs, yet I can eat all the meat from a turkey without any reaction, pork I've found a way to come to terms with all of it (initially, only bacon and mince were OK), yet beef is definitely off the scale of acceptability - just adverse reactions.

It is all down to individual differences in what is acceptable to 'your' body. There is no blanket coverage of what is OK. The whole diet is based on what foods you can tolerate and what you cannot - totally individual.

This may help, or not. :)

Thanks for your reply Prodigal Son.

Im fine with all meats, apart from Turkey, which id stay clear of simply because i dislike the taste quite alot.
I just wondered if one meat was healthier for some reason - like the feed used on chickens compared to pigs.
Im not eating organic, but thats the next step, when my finances allow.

melatonin said:

Im fine with all meats, apart from Turkey, which id stay clear of simply because i dislike the taste quite alot.
I just wondered if one meat was healthier for some reason - like the feed used on chickens compared to pigs.

Based on how recently you've gotten off gluten and dairy and that you still haven't started eating pastured meats yet, I would say that you can't know this answer yet as your system hasn't gotten close enough to "baseline" (healthy) to determine how well things work for you. What "doesn't work" isn't about taste preference, but about how your body responds to it.

You really need to read PBPM too.

melatonin said:

Outdoor rearer meat is usually going to be healthier than indoor rearer meat. The feed will effect the omega 3/6 ratio so if you cannot afford organic/grass fed meet, then eating fatty fish and/or supplementing with omega 3 can be helpful.

melatonin said:
Be aware that healing your intestines and digestion will take some time (and cheating with any gluten will reset this healing), so supporting that would be a good priority.
The reason being that the craving may come back should you not be eating/digesting enough fat - any time the craving comes back it is most likely a signal that you are either low on energy (so should eat fat - coconut oil is especially good here, as it bypasses the need to be digested) or low on nutrients/things your body needs to work well/produce energy.

Foxx said:
melatonin said:

Based on how recently you've gotten off gluten and dairy and that you still haven't started eating pastured meats yet, [...]

I don't think it's that much of a bad thing, not being able to eat pastured meats for the moment being, especially if one's financial situation doesn't allow it. Melatonin may want to look into supplements to help balance out that which is deficient in non-organic meats, or to look into supplements that could help defend the body against toxins present in the meat.
In the beginning I mostly ate non-organic meat, then slowly moved on to organic meat when I had more money, and now when I am more or less financially stable, I get grass-fed meat. It's not always possible to do everything right at once, sometimes things happen gradually. I fully agree that it would be best if melatonin would read the books, as to not do things that s/he might regret later!

Oxajil said:
Foxx said:
melatonin said:

Based on how recently you've gotten off gluten and dairy and that you still haven't started eating pastured meats yet, [...]

I don't think it's that much of a bad thing, not being able to eat pastured meats for the moment being, especially if one's financial situation doesn't allow it. Melatonin may want to look into supplements to help balance out that which is deficient in non-organic meats, or to look into supplements that could help defend the body against toxins present in the meat.
In the beginning I mostly ate non-organic meat, then slowly moved on to organic meat when I had more money, and now when I am more or less financially stable, I get grass-fed meat. It's not always possible to do everything right at once, sometimes things happen gradually. I fully agree that it would be best if melatonin would read the books, as to not do things that s/he might regret later!

Compared to the alternative it's not that much of a bad thing (dramatically better than gluten and dairy), but as far as I'm aware without the time to adjust to paleo and sufficiently detoxify, one can't genuinely know what affects one negatively because how good one feels on a given day is influenced by so many negative things. A "good" day might, in reality, just be a less bad day than normal, but nothing approaching healthy and nourished.

Most people who eat junk food describe themselves as feeling fine--because they've never had a day they can remember where they felt truly good. They don't even know what feeling truly good is like, so they have no real benchmark for comparison. And the negative effects of a specific food may just end up lost in the background noise of feeling unnoticeably unwell.

That was the point I was making, not that melatonin needs to switch to pastured meats immediately.

melatonin said:

Getting better quality meat is not that expensive when you go to a farmer's market. Is there anything like that where you live? Where do you get your meat from currently?

Unfortunately most supermarket meats have antibiotics/hormones/and other evil stuff injected in them. But if I have to get my meat from a supermarket I go for pork and never for beef. Pigs can eat everything and be relatively ok, compared to cows who unless they are grass-fed, their meat has lost all valuable nutrients.

My 2 cents.

Back
Top Bottom