Lumbago, what advices?

Goemon_ said:
I wish you a happy mind in your recovery :)

Thank you for your concern.

I'm not sure I understand you correctly.

I don't think I am too much focuced on the injury.

Apologies if my post was unclear. I don't think that there's anything that you've written that suggests that you're too focused on your injury. However, my own experience is, especially with things that take a long time or chronic conditions, is that it's easy to become very injury focused and forget to lead as normal a life as possible. So it's more something to bear in mind :).

Regarding the taping, my experience is that they'll stay on for about 4-7 days. The effect for me was greatest the first couple of days and when I no longer felt a significant effect or the tape started to fall off by itself I'd remove it. I had to wait about a week until applying tape once again. If I applied immediately after taking off old tape, the effect would be very limited. However, I've only used taping for lower back issues and not ankles or knees.

Goemon_ said:
I have received the tapes today.

I will try them on my ankles and knees.

Question : How long and how often to we keep them on ?

Also if I understand what I have read elsewhere on the forum I could use DMSO to, is that correct ?

Good day, forgiveness, thank you,
Jérôme

I hope you're feeling better Jérôme, and fwiw, I used strapping instead than taping for my ankle on the last year. But, if you find another way by taping yours, well, I do not know, but it could be an option.

In a previous post, I shared a link to a strapping book: http://www.amazon.fr/dp/2915418128/ref=pe_386181_40444391_TE_item, I thought it could help you.

Thor said:
Regarding the taping, my experience is that they'll stay on for about 4-7 days. The effect for me was greatest the first couple of days and when I no longer felt a significant effect or the tape started to fall off by itself I'd remove it. I had to wait about a week until applying tape once again. If I applied immediately after taking off old tape, the effect would be very limited. However, I've only used taping for lower back issues and not ankles or knees.

Ok, thank you Thor for explaining this, I will take a break before to apply again them on my back.

After a dozen of difficult days, I start to feel a bit better now, while I could not really move or stay sit on my chair for all this time. But I decided to go there slowly, to bring back my physical abilities before to get back to a "normal life" so to speak. The Sarno's book is very helpful and I just am waiting now 2/3 days to start again physical exercices as explained in his book. I also think than something must be working in my subconscious and I have to figure out what it is, because I do not want to get back in the pain back again as I used to be for several years. So I am organizing my daily time differently than before and especially trying to understand what can make me in this situation: Fears? Ok, but which one(s)? Anger? Why?

So I have an introspection to work on and I try to feel things as they are and not only as I would like them to be.
Another thing which is pretty interesting with Sarno's books, is the fact I potentially can see those "back complications" as "programs". Am I wrong? Anyone else felt the same by reading his work?

I was not very active these last few days, here on the forum or on the other stuff I am involve in for Sott/Cass. Once I will have gain enough power (physically and emotionally) I will get back to my usual stuffs here and there, but with maybe some change depending on what I will figure out about all of this. I also have to question myself on the things I do (editing/translating/proofreading and so on) and why I do them, and how I do them, because it seems to me that I put too much stress on myself, without any external reason, but only mines.

I will report here as soon as anything come to help understanding whatever.

MK Scarlett said:
Goemon_ said:
I have received the tapes today.

I will try them on my ankles and knees.

Question : How long and how often to we keep them on ?

Also if I understand what I have read elsewhere on the forum I could use DMSO to, is that correct ?

Good day, forgiveness, thank you,
Jérôme

I hope you're feeling better Jérôme, and fwiw, I used strapping instead than taping for my ankle on the last year. But, if you find another way by taping yours, well, I do not know, but it could be an option.

In a previous post, I shared a link to a strapping book: http://www.amazon.fr/dp/2915418128/ref=pe_386181_40444391_TE_item, I thought it could help you.

Thor said:

Ok, thank you Thor for explaining this, I will take a break before to apply again them on my back.

After a dozen of difficult days, I start to feel a bit better now, while I could not really move or stay sit on my chair for all this time. But I decided to go there slowly, to bring back my physical abilities before to get back to a "normal life" so to speak. The Sarno's book is very helpful and I just am waiting now 2/3 days to start again physical exercices as explained in his book. I also think than something must be working in my subconscious and I have to figure out what it is, because I do not want to get back in the pain back again as I used to be for several years. So I am organizing my daily time differently than before and especially trying to understand what can make me in this situation: Fears? Ok, but which one(s)? Anger? Why?

So I have an introspection to work on and I try to feel things as they are and not only as I would like them to be.
Another thing which is pretty interesting with Sarno's books, is the fact I potentially can see those "back complications" as "programs". Am I wrong? Anyone else felt the same by reading his work?

I was not very active these last few days, here on the forum or on the other stuff I am involve in for Sott/Cass. Once I will have gain enough power (physically and emotionally) I will get back to my usual stuffs here and there, but with maybe some change depending on what I will figure out about all of this. I also have to question myself on the things I do (editing/translating/proofreading and so on) and why I do them, and how I do them, because it seems to me that I put too much stress on myself, without any external reason, but only mines.

I will report here as soon as anything come to help understanding whatever.

Hi MK Scarlett,

I'm glad you can recognise the things written in Sarno's book. I've recommended it to many people who suffer from chronic pain. The people who understand it have benefitted a lot but many people are too attached to the body as the source of the pain to let go. I really hope that you can benefit from it.

I think your perspective of looking at the chronic pain as a program makes a lot of sense. To begin with I only thought such programs to be a defence mechanism of my own subconscious but discussing the matter with Patrick Rodriguez who does Spirit Release Therapy I now also believe that it can be an influence from an attachment or a Worker that may originate in either this life or a previous lifetime.

Also, I think it's important to remember that if you've suffered from chronic pain for a long time it's like a groove that's been imprinted over and over and therefore is very deep. The way I understand it is that when the groove is very deep it's very easy for the mind to slip into the groove/thougth pattern/pain response/program. And if you start using Sarno's method and ignore the physical body as the causing agent of the pain that program will fight back. Sarno mentions in his work that it's very common to experience sudden pain flares in other parts of the body or even increased pain in the same place after a while of improvement.

The first time I came across Sarno's work I read the book and was very fascinated and tried to follow his advice and had some improvement to begin with. After a month or so, however, the pain came back with a vengeance and I cracked and told myself that no, it has to come from the body, when the body is so painful. What happened was somewhat like what Gurdijeff describes when you put an effort into self development. After a while the matrix will put a similar or stronger effort with an opposite direction your way to push you back into place. I had to wait two years before I was able to look at my chronic pain in the way Sarno describes. When I did the pain that had been with me for 10 years disappeared completely from one day to the next. Completely, like 100% gone (!). And what's interesting is that after a couple of days I suddenly got a strong pain in my shoulder which I never used to. I had read that this could happen so I ignored it. Then for a couple of days my teeth were aching like crazy. It was like icy fire every time I tried to touch any of the back teeth (molars). Again, this was like I expected so I just smiled at it internally and after a couple of days it went away.

Even today, two years after I got rid of most of my back pain (about 20% of the pain has recurred so I guess there's still some things to look at :)), it still comes back with a vengeance from time to time. However, I know that the physical body is not the root of the problem. So I smile at it and welcome it back and usually it goes away after a couple of days. But the main point is that I don't let the pain interfere with how I life my life - even when it hurts and as I understand it, that's the way to convince the unconscious mind that this strategy is just not working any more :).

I think that just doing the work that you do here will be fine in order to discover what the underlying fear/anger is.

I really hope that you'll endure and that this method will help you to be able to lead a normal life

Thor said:
Hi MK Scarlett,

I'm glad you can recognise the things written in Sarno's book. I've recommended it to many people who suffer from chronic pain. The people who understand it have benefitted a lot but many people are too attached to the body as the source of the pain to let go. I really hope that you can benefit from it.

I think your perspective of looking at the chronic pain as a program makes a lot of sense. To begin with I only thought such programs to be a defence mechanism of my own subconscious but discussing the matter with Patrick Rodriguez who does Spirit Release Therapy I now also believe that it can be an influence from an attachment or a Worker that may originate in either this life or a previous lifetime.

Also, I think it's important to remember that if you've suffered from chronic pain for a long time it's like a groove that's been imprinted over and over and therefore is very deep. The way I understand it is that when the groove is very deep it's very easy for the mind to slip into the groove/thougth pattern/pain response/program. And if you start using Sarno's method and ignore the physical body as the causing agent of the pain that program will fight back. Sarno mentions in his work that it's very common to experience sudden pain flares in other parts of the body or even increased pain in the same place after a while of improvement.

Exactly my mind for the bolded part above. I began to get the idea a long time ago, but I had never think about it deeply enough which is the case today. I was sleeping by waiting some better days... :rolleyes:

Thor said:
The first time I came across Sarno's work I read the book and was very fascinated and tried to follow his advice and had some improvement to begin with. After a month or so, however, the pain came back with a vengeance and I cracked and told myself that no, it has to come from the body, when the body is so painful. What happened was somewhat like what Gurdijeff describes when you put an effort into self development. After a while the matrix will put a similar or stronger effort with an opposite direction your way to push you back into place. I had to wait two years before I was able to look at my chronic pain in the way Sarno describes. When I did the pain that had been with me for 10 years disappeared completely from one day to the next. Completely, like 100% gone (!). And what's interesting is that after a couple of days I suddenly got a strong pain in my shoulder which I never used to. I had read that this could happen so I ignored it. Then for a couple of days my teeth were aching like crazy. It was like icy fire every time I tried to touch any of the back teeth (molars). Again, this was like I expected so I just smiled at it internally and after a couple of days it went away.

Well, what you wrote in bolded above is an echo of my own thoughts because I forgot to mention that after a better day by beginning to read the Sarno's book, the day after was even more painful than the previous ones. And when Ellipse phoned me on the last Monday evening to get some news, I told him that I was pretty sure that "something" had said "itself": "Well, you think you can win? Get this!"... :evil:

Thor said:
Even today, two years after I got rid of most of my back pain (about 20% of the pain has recurred so I guess there's still some things to look at :)), it still comes back with a vengeance from time to time. However, I know that the physical body is not the root of the problem. So I smile at it and welcome it back and usually it goes away after a couple of days. But the main point is that I don't let the pain interfere with how I life my life - even when it hurts and as I understand it, that's the way to convince the unconscious mind that this strategy is just not working any more :).

I think that just doing the work that you do here will be fine in order to discover what the underlying fear/anger is.

I really hope that you'll endure and that this method will help you to be able to lead a normal life

Well, as it appears that those pains came strongly for the first time in 1993 (yeah, it is not from yesterday, isn't it?), I am pretty sure that I have some months coming with a fight between this program/attachment and my conscious. Now I have to twist it/him/her the neck to get peace in my body/mind. I began to have some ideas on what is going on, but it is only the beginning. Patience and endurance will be my best friends I guess. ;)

Thanks for sharing Thor, it is trully appreciated! :flowers:

I didn't read sarno's books yet but I certainly think there is at least a part of psychology behind my back pain.

During the past ten years the pain has been with me all the time, big or small depending on activities and Etiopath's session.

But, there have been two exceptions witch where related to what I was perceiving as STO activities when working in a company. I don't want to enter into detail at the moment as it would take some time. Maybe later if some are interrested. To make the story short, at some point I happen to have this filling like if there was a huge ball of heat at the place of the "third eye". All my body was very very very relax, and I had no more pain, just a little sensation on my right shoulder (wich had been injured in a motocycle accident).

There was others effects wich I would summurize has a lot of synchronicities, and events that makes you feel that you are in one of those scene of the Matrix movies where the agents takes the place of ordinary people and come to attack you.

Another interresting event on the subject is a story about my grandmother :

She has come arround the age of 85 without disease. At this point she start to complain about her legs. At some point her physician made a diagnosis, and it was very bad. If she had been younger they would have operate.

I was with her several hour basicaly every other days during years from this point. And she was always complaining about her legs.

On day, at the age of 91 she had a cerebrovascular accident, she lost a big part of her memory but has no movement disfonction. One week later she was in a retirement house and she didn't show any sign of pain in her legs within the two years she stayed there before she died.

My 2 cents
Jérôme

To everybody that's suffering from chronic pain syndromes, I highly recommend reading "When The Body Says No" by Gabor Maté.

Watching the videos in this thread are an excellent starting point: https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,34415.0.html.

In particular, I find that the connections and explanations that Maté gives work as further developments of John D. Sarno's work and are very helpful in understanding the body-mind-emotions connections that are at the foundation of many chronic pains and diseases.

Personally, I've had tremendous benefit from the work of John D. Sarno and reading Maté's book gives a deeper understanding of why things are as they are that has been very helpful.

Thor said:
To everybody that's suffering from chronic pain syndromes, I highly recommend reading "When The Body Says No" by Gabor Maté.

Watching the videos in this thread are an excellent starting point: https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,34415.0.html.

In particular, I find that the connections and explanations that Maté gives work as further developments of John D. Sarno's work and are very helpful in understanding the body-mind-emotions connections that are at the foundation of many chronic pains and diseases.

Personally I've had tremendous benefit from the work of John D. Sarno and reading Maté's book gives a deeper understanding of why things are as they are that has been very helpful.

Thank you Thor for the input, and I also recommend this thread. I also think (without have read it yet) that you're right about the Maté's book; It is also why I ordered it: It looks obvious to me that the Maté's book could fit with the Sarno's ones. Plus, the English Sarno's book is easy to read: The English is not my mother tongue, but "chi va piano, va sano".

So I have to read "When The Body Says No" now...

Fwiw, no pain back afor several days, things are "under control" for now. But I stay "aware" of a possible come-back, without focalize on it either. And I am working on my fears and angers which help me to figure out why they are here, from when, and so on. Some things become clearer...

Watching the videos in this thread are an excellent starting point: When the Body Says "no" - Gabor Mate.

Personally, I've had tremendous benefit from the work of John D. Sarno and reading Maté's book gives a deeper understanding of why things are as they are that has been very helpful.

I just came across Dr Sarno's book "Healing Back Pain" while looking for reviews of another book on Amazon, I did a quick google search and came across this youtube video by Sarno:
Seems like a very very interesting book and his method has apparently cured thousands of people experiencing back pain, even when they have Xrays and MRIs to show structural abnormalities. I think I will get a copy and see what it's all about as it may be helpful for some people I work with.

Back
Top Bottom