Masculinity in crisis

Just another observation I can make regarding the situation with boys in school. I worked as a teaching assistant in a couple of London schools in 1998/9. I would meet the teacher of a given class, we'd have a brief chat about the class and I'd be assigned a table of 5 or 6 kids that were in need of attention. It was all English lit lessons I'd work on. Anyway, I'd introduce myself to the kids and try and get them "on task" right away so they could follow the teacher's lesson. My technique was to establish some cultural things that would engage them. I could see their eyes glazing over as the teacher spoke, so when we were set a task to do as a table, I'd make references to Nintendo, Rap and football just to see if they'd be interested. Their eyes lit up like Christmas trees as soon as I did! We'd have very energetic chatter about music, films, videogames and football then for about 10 mins, then I'd steer the boys back onto the task in hand. It worked as a technique, I got a bit of a rapport going, they could see that there was stuff in common we could relate to. I even got into a chat with one kid about 2Pac and Public Enemy, and I employed this to get him into reading about the history of the civil rights movement.

There is a way in to their world, but first you need to figure out what they're into, then it gets so much easier.

I would not say weaker. I would say, more delicate. I have a daughter and I have a son. My daughter was pretty independent and tough in many respects. My son is more delicate. Wild little thing, but mommy's boy. I see issues more affecting men in their childhood, their relationship with their mother and father. Men need a strong emotional base to rely on from their childhood, to be able to express their healthy masculinity when they grow up if they grow up ever. Some, never grow up. It is so confusing what's make a man a man. The expectations are strange and enigmatic at least. Anyway, these are my ponderings on the subject, by no means I've figured out the depts of the male soul. 😊

Exactly as you said. They are more delicate during childhood.

and I'd be assigned a table of 5 or 6 kids that were in need of attention.

Well, this is a big problem in modern education. Classes are too big to give proper attention to students. Many of them have more than 30 students in one class. As a teacher, you cannot give a proper attention to 30 students, no matter how good you are.

Well, this is a big problem in modern education. Classes are too big to give proper attention to students. Many of them have more than 30 students in one class. As a teacher, you cannot give a proper attention to 30 students, no matter how good you are.
I had a couple of lessons where I was the only teacher present, and it was just crazy trying to keep 25-30 kids quiet. That's why I only worked as an assistant, couldn't face the stress of the full job. I really respect good teachers, had many in my time. I was in school 1979-93, and felt I got the benefit of the last of the old school teachers, who were intelligent but didn't mess about. Now it's a different job, all the SJW/trans stuff is just going to stymie the job. It's a job that should be paid better to attract better candidates, I'll put it that way.

Now it's a different job, all the SJW/trans stuff is just going to stymie the job. It's a job that should be paid better to attract better candidates, I'll put it that way.
And some of the teachers themselves have landed on that same bandwagon and have started to see their world through these lenses, and as such try to pass it on to their students. I think it was in 2016 when JBP came to the spotlight, and even then the issue had been ongoing at universities which have doubtless graduated countless teachers and they are in charge of educating the young boys and girls.

And when most kids aren't in school, they're at home consuming whatever woke show or movie is playing. So these boys are growing up in a world that is teaching them to repress their nature because it is what is wrong with the world, a world they do not understand yet, but they are told about suffering and its their fault.

This can turn into a rather weak world for sure, but at the same time, nature tends to find a way to express itself, and if its not channeled consciously, then it'll find ways to burst through unconsciously and that can be troublesome for individuals, families and even whole communities.

I remember this other thread, that I think it's useful to the discussion here, the aspects of the psyche of a child ought to be understood so that they may be engaged and thus nurtured towards conscious agency in the life of a man. OSIT. But sadly, that requires hard work, and it's a lot easier to simply teach boys that it is all their fault.

Will Smiths now famous slap has been given an interesting take by Candace Owens here . She reminds us of the ever increasing domineering nature some women have had over their husbands over the last few years turning them into weakened former versions of themselves.

Masculinity has really gone down the toilet within these last couple of years. Men cant act like men anymore and if they do, it is seen as "toxic masculinity". Its all over social media and even taught in schools. Early on in college, I had this English teacher that openly stated that she was biased towards men because of a previous experience that she had. I thought this was insane because teachers are supposed to keep their own personals opinions to themselves and focus on teaching their students the proper material. Some men are even afraid to speak out or act because they will be humiliated. Kind of of weird times were living in, we now have men that "identify" as women competing in sports and using women's bathroom but I don't really see any protests or any heavy action from the woke feminists.

Men cant act like men anymore and if they do, it is seen as "toxic masculinity". Its all over social media and even taught in schools.

Well, as a bloke fast approaching 50, I think I have a reasonable perspective on male culture. In my childhood, being tough and capable of giving another bloke a beating was a key part of the social stratification in the schoolyard. I've seen blood spilt in fights on a few occasions. At an early age I was pretty scared in a few fight situations. Working class school culture in Wales definitely was predicated on a pecking order, based on how hard you were. I've seen loads of stuff that would easily be seen as toxic behaviour. So it needs a nuanced understanding. Creating a namby-pamby hurt culture where all boys are soft as shite is clearly not the way to go, but there are some masculine types who need to learn a little about decent behaviour too.

This is something missing in the current debate. Some blokes are bastards in how they treat their peers. That's what we should be focusing on, not re-drawing the entire social landscape.

It's interesting to see that in many experiments with animals there is a big difference in sensitivity to stressors in early life between males and females. For example:

Maternal separation is a widely used animal model of early life adversity. The stress induced by the separation protocol early in life associates with higher anxiety-like behavior in the adult stage, typically observed in the standard behavioral test protocols, open field (OF), and elevated plus maze. Accordingly, the male rats that had experienced MS spent significantly less time in the central zone of the OF arena and in the open arms of the plus maze, as compared to littermate controls. Interestingly, this behavioral phenotype was not observed in MS females.

I had a couple of lessons where I was the only teacher present, and it was just crazy trying to keep 25-30 kids quiet. That's why I only worked as an assistant, couldn't face the stress of the full job. I really respect good teachers, had many in my time. I was in school 1979-93, and felt I got the benefit of the last of the old school teachers, who were intelligent but didn't mess about. Now it's a different job, all the SJW/trans stuff is just going to stymie the job. It's a job that should be paid better to attract better candidates, I'll put it that way.
A bit off topic at the end here. In the 1980s, I tried teaching "Sunday School," which was a bunch of very energetic not very religious kids whose parents wanted them to be "more Jewish." I could only get them to sit down when the Rabbi came in to check. I could not pretend to teach them anything, so I quit, then. I later had all sorts of educational challenges with my son Max, but he ended up with a BS in computer science & a minor in physics, so I must have done something right even if he won't talk to me now.

As for my personal experiences, even in the late '60s, public schools were violent, at least in Honolulu. My parents refused to enroll me. I attended Punahou, did not fit in: my parents were Jewish shopkeepers. The school was for Christian elites, half the students were Asian, mostly from wealthy families. Then I attended Chugim Secondary school in Haifa, a public school that still exists (and has a record from 50 years ago of me). I did not fit in there, because of not being Israeli, but it was a closer fit.

There was no gun violence in Israeli public schools then, in the 1970s. There is still no gun violence in Israeli public schools. Israelis do not carry guns unless the guns are issued to active police or military. The average "Joseph" might have a knife, but isn't packing. I can, as a lady of uncertain age, walk around in town after dark, alone, if I want to. It's safer than America, at least where I live, which is an average neighborhood (not wealthy, not particularly poor) in a smallish city in the lower Galilee. Israeli kids, as far as I know, regardless of their religion, do not have access to firearms, nor do they bring them to school. The occasional suicide terrorist is not the same as these confused kids that show up in the states. The suicide terrorists are usually Palestinian teenagers, they are very clear about what they are doing, that it is politically motivated, and they are supported by their communities. It's clear where the problem is, in Israel. In the states, it's not clear.

Normally, I read about these things after they happen and wonder, from a distance, what's happening to America. In this case, I dreamt about the shooting a day or two before it happened. An intrusive, violent & for me, unusual nightmare. Apropos the 18 year old with the automatic weapon who allegedly killed over a dozen people a few days ago: Are these shooter kids all nuts? How do they come to be so violent yet unfocused? What can anybody do about it? Was the Texas shooter motivated by gender dysphoria, or was some STS force manipulating him? Is that some different force than what manipulates the Palestinian teens to self destruct? Is there something darker going on here, like child sacrifice? An old ritual that has taken place in season for thousands of years? I wonder sometimes, Akko was first inhabited by Canaanites, according to wiki. I live near Tel Akko, the first part of the "city" to be established. It's an archeological dig. What was it originally? And Na'aman River? Was it originally named "Beual" after "Ba'al?" Am I imagining all this or are these devil worshipping child sacrificing individuals still around, just as the Nazis are still alive & well in Kyiv with US sympathizers.

I see this thread began 2 months before the latest school shooting, the ultimate difficulty in "classroom control," and "masculinity in crisis." If the shooter had been "secure" in his masculinity, would he not have shot up the school? To what extent is gender dysphoria a cause of violence? Or is the latest drama a scripted, "false flag," as Jim Stone posits? Police standby, doing nothing, preventing parents from entering the school, photos of victims appear immediately, two versions of the news story on Fox, the first disappearing after a few hours...?

Thoughts?

I see this thread began 2 months before the latest school shooting, the ultimate difficulty in "classroom control," and "masculinity in crisis." If the shooter had been "secure" in his masculinity, would he not have shot up the school? To what extent is gender dysphoria a cause of violence? Or is the latest drama a scripted, "false flag," as Jim Stone posits? Police standby, doing nothing, preventing parents from entering the school, photos of victims appear immediately, two versions of the news story on Fox, the first disappearing after a few hours...?

There may be individual reasons for some of these shooting incidents, but in general I would look for drugs, toxic video games, political programming, unfilled entitlements, pathological character traits and upbringing or may be even beaming experiments by satellites...

There was no gun violence in Israeli public schools then, in the 1970s. There is still no gun violence in Israeli public schools. Israelis do not carry guns unless the guns are issued to active police or military.
The latter sentence is the reason for the former. It's such a problem in the US because a lot of these are groomed and brainwashed by agencies to trigger these types of attacks to scare the public into giving up their gun rights. There are no such rights to take away in Israel so there is no need to finance and logistically support psy-ops designed shift public opinion toward taking away those rights. This is discussed in The Wave and various C transcripts.

The suicide terrorists are usually Palestinian teenagers, they are very clear about what they are doing, that it is politically motivated, and they are supported by their communities. It's clear where the problem is, in Israel.
Where?

The latter sentence is the reason for the former. It's such a problem in the US because a lot of these are groomed and brainwashed by agencies to trigger these types of attacks to scare the public into giving up their gun rights. There are no such rights to take away in Israel so there is no need to finance and logistically support psy-ops designed shift public opinion toward taking away those rights. This is discussed in The Wave and various C transcripts.
yeah,

Moreover, a lot of the violence from Palestinians, is also controlled by Israeli intelligence agencies, in order to maintain in Israel, and the world, the notion that Israel is simply the poor victim of ideological or racial hatred from someone else.

I do think there's a mental and spiritual dimension to shooters, and I do think that a masculinity that has been properly integrated or developed in the life of a young boy turning into an adult is beneficial to maintain some form of solid center that would prevent you from falling into the hands of agencies who will play with their minds and illusions in order to get them to commit these kinds of atrocities.

There's also the dimension of a criminal mind, some people simply are criminal, guns or not... they will find a way to satiate their thirst.

I do think there's a mental and spiritual dimension to shooters, and I do think that a masculinity that has been properly integrated or developed in the life of a young boy turning into an adult is beneficial to maintain some form of solid center that would prevent you from falling into the hands of agencies who will play with their minds and illusions in order to get them to commit these kinds of atrocities.

It's interesting when you think about good old Jordan Peterson's comments about the need to be dangerous. Paraphrasing, a person who is dangerous or cruel but chooses not to be is strong. A person who is not dangerous is basically weak.

Think about that in terms of school shootings where one of the things that is being emphasized is the "wrongness" of being dangerous and shooting people (but when our military or cops shoot people for dumb reasons, it's okay). Or, think about Russia holding back in Ukraine. They could have carpet bombed Ukraine no problem, but they're still holding back.

It seems to me that this push for eliminating all "dangerous traits" in both men and women is turning both into weak, even more easily influenced automatons.

The absolute LAST thing the PTB want is strong men and women (in a traditional sense) and unity among families and friends. Trump, social justice, Covid, abortion, school shootings... It's all designed to divide and conquer as never before while the chaos in other areas increases.

Identity in crisis reflects on both halves. The forced 'normalization' of pronouns and introducing young kids to these concepts is clearly an agenda in action. 'The Genderbread person' is being used in classrooms for kids way before high school. Forcing decisions on kids that they do not understand at all is likely to cause psychological damage.

It's interesting when you think about good old Jordan Peterson's comments about the need to be dangerous. Paraphrasing, a person who is dangerous or cruel but chooses not to be is strong. A person who is not dangerous is basically weak.

Think about that in terms of school shootings where one of the things that is being emphasized is the "wrongness" of being dangerous and shooting people (but when our military or cops shoot people for dumb reasons, it's okay). Or, think about Russia holding back in Ukraine. They could have carpet bombed Ukraine no problem, but they're still holding back.

It seems to me that this push for eliminating all "dangerous traits" in both men and women is turning both into weak, even more easily influenced automatons.

The absolute LAST thing the PTB want is strong men and women (in a traditional sense) and unity among families and friends. Trump, social justice, Covid, abortion, school shootings... It's all designed to divide and conquer as never before while the chaos in other areas increases.
This is a very good point,

moreover, in some cases the "manifesto" that these kids show, or even their appeal for guns and whatnot, is tied to a need to show strength, or to prove it to the outside world.

It's as if the way these events, beyond the direct participation of intelligence agencies and the like, is the weakening of the population. Kids are being kept "safe" from life all the time and for as long as possible, and some kids are more than happy to accept this as the way things are, in a society that pampers them, but maybe some simply rebel against the nanny state's designs to maintain people as far away from their own strength... and it kind of spills out.

Without integrating their own capacity for violence and harm upon another human being or living thing, and educating themselves morally about it, it's no wonder that the shooters keep getting younger.

The other aspect of it, is that the more one thinks and discusses the topic the farther away one gets from a simple explanation where there's a direct line between cause (gun ownership) and effect (mass shootings).But, our nanny state's job isn't to help us reason through complex multidimensional issues, their job is to maintain the narrative of life as simple as possible.

hence the title of this very thread.

Back
Top Bottom