Members' forum

Arwenn said:
Actually this is something that I have been thinking of, as well. Is access to the forum available upon acceptance of my FOTCM application? I sent my application in hard copy with the donation about a month ago, but I haven't heard from anyone, so I was wondering if FOTCM had received/processed it.

It is based on several factors, which includes commitment to the work on the self and forum activities.

Okay, so the same thing probably goes for me. I'm 20, my brother is older and has access to the private forum.

So, how does this policy affect other things? For instance what if my brother was going to a meetup and I wanted to come along?

monotonic said:
Okay, so the same thing probably goes for me. I'm 20, my brother is older and has access to the private forum.

So, how does this policy affect other things? For instance what if my brother was going to a meetup and I wanted to come along?

I think Laura was clear about that:

[quote author=Laura] Not exactly. Anybody can join anything they choose because of basic freedoms, but attending meetings, including virtual meetings, must be restricted to the most globally applicable age standard. This is for the protection of members and, as you know, FOTCM exists to protect and support its members in a variety of ways. [/quote]

It's about legal stuff and protection I suppose!

Hello,
I wasn't sure where to post this exactly. CERogers (CarBeau) and I have recently been removed from the private forum. I am not sure why exactly. She had made a post regarding our inactivity in group meetings and apparently it was taken as a kind of
"bowing out." That certainly wasn't the intention. I think she was just trying to say we've had some issues and we are trying to work through them so we can get back in the fold, not that we were no longer interested or going in a different direction. I don't even have access to see her post anymore so it is hard for me to go into specifics. We certainly did not want to separate ourselves from the forum. I've been inactive for a few months focusing on school and had intended to get back into the fold after my finals are done on May 16th, although I may be taking summer courses (not sure yet; school has been taking its toll and I may need a break). Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thank you.
S

EDIT: Changed CEBeaudry to CarBeau

sbeaudry, you will receive feedback on your question via PM.

Well, I am confused. I thought The Swamp was part of the private board...?? So , I posted something , private...lol

is it private or public ? The Swamp ?

I would like to be in the private forum , if I am not already. I dont know my status with you on this. I would like to meet actual members in my area , if any. That is the reason I am interested in the private board.

Thanks, B :cool2:

Hi B588, to answer your question the swamp is private to those who have less than 50 posts on the forum,
once 50 posts is reached the swamp can be accessed, hope this helps

B588 said:
Well, I am confused. I thought The Swamp was part of the private board...?? So , I posted something , private...lol

I would like to be in the private forum , if I am not already. I dont know my status with you on this. I would like to meet actual members in my area , if any. That is the reason I am interested in the private board.

The swamp is on the public board, though there is a post limit in order to see it, and from what I read of your posts there really wasn't anything specifically 'private' that was posted.

I saw that you sent in a FOTCM application a few months ago, did you ever receive a membership packet? You have to be a participating member of FOTCM in order to be given access to the private board and group meet ups.

Edit: You can find a thread on the process here.

A Jay said:
B588 said:

The swamp is on the public board, though there is a post limit in order to see it, and from what I read of your posts there really wasn't anything specifically 'private' that was posted.

I saw that you sent in a FOTCM application a few months ago, did you ever receive a membership packet? You have to be a participating member of FOTCM in order to be given access to the private board and group meet ups.

Edit: You can find a thread on the process here.

Ajay, thank you for responding and answering my questions. However, you do not decide for me what is "private", and your comment about that is inappropriate, thanks but no thanks on that. Do you see how that might not be something for you to decide, friend ?

Second, yes I joined FOTCM in August 2014. That's 6 months, going on more.

Third, if I am not a member of the private forum , then I would like to be. I want to start networking in my physical location. I bolded your words, AJay, as the same is true for me , at this time.

Moderator , please let me know about my access to the private area, all of it, or not having access to it. Reasons , if any, for no access: please provide so I can correct.

B, :cool2:

B588 said:
Ajay, thank you for responding and answering my questions. However, you do not decide for me what is "private", and your comment about that is inappropriate, thanks but no thanks on that. Do you see how that might not be something for you to decide, friend ?

B588, there was nothing wrong with A Jay’s comment who was only trying to be helpful as far as I can see. There was no need to be so curt there, what’s up with that?

Alada said:
B588 said:

B588, there was nothing wrong with A Jay’s comment who was only trying to be helpful as far as I can see. There was no need to be so curt there, what’s up with that?

I agree, A jay was only trying to help and inform you of the rules on the private forum. You don't seem to have an all around friendly "attitude" towards other members here on the forum, and that will not help you into actually accessing the private sections.

Maybe reading this would help you

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,35235.0.html

Possibility of Being said:
As you probably know, or you will find out soon, there is a private sub-forum for FOTCM members. If you have received a FOTCM welcome package this only means that you are registered as a FOTCM member. Access to the private board is not granted automatically when you join the Fellowship though, but is instead decided by the Moderators/Admins for each of you on an individual basis.

The Fellowship is like an extended family in the making and the membership area is a virtual community where we as a group further the support of our members and discuss work on the common aim and related projects. Naturally, since we then are getting closer to each other we would like to know a bit about our new members before we invite them to our space; what are your challenges in life (we all have them), what are you going through, what are your circumstances? Here we look to the open forum on your participation.

On average, around 100 posts should be able to give us an outline of you and your interests. But it's not the number that counts most (sometimes 20-30 posts would suffice, other times 500 is not enough). What counts is where you put your energy and to what extent you are on board with the line of force that "defines" us. Are you interested and participating in our Diet and health, Éiriú Eolas, psychology and cognitive science, Work, Swamp boards? (The latest one has a limited access for Forum members who have at least 50 posts.) Remember, we are not looking to see if you are perfect, because nobody is, we are looking to see how in practice you resonate with and apply the Fellowship principles.

There's no free lunch ;)

B588 said:
Second, yes I joined FOTCM in August 2014. That's 6 months, going on more.

Third, if I am not a member of the private forum , then I would like to be. I want to start networking in my physical location. I bolded your words, AJay, as the same is true for me , at this time.

Moderator , please let me know about my access to the private area, all of it, or not having access to it. Reasons , if any, for no access: please provide so I can correct.

B, :cool2:

I understand the frustration for wanting/liking to have access to the private forum. But it seems to be, as Lilyalic has quoted above, that when the higher members and moderators deem someone ready and they themselves have made enough self progression - this is when we can progress to the next stage of networking.
So to keep posting, and trying to work on ourselves, while trying to help others is all that can be done. We should not anticipate or demand a privilege that we think we deserve. Im sure there is plenty still to read and work to be done within the first level of the forum that can be done :)
Good luck with your progress, B :P

A lot of the stuff that happens in the private forums is no different than what goes on in the public forums. The public forums still contain all the really useful information. That is, you're not really missing much. There is enough research in the public forums that even if you get to the private forums, most of your reading will be in the public section. After all, the private section is only for things that need a private section.

Back
Top Bottom