mermaids

In fact seals have pelvis and also whales do, they are obviously modified but still pelvic bones

have a look at this link
_http://seanetters.wordpress.com/2010/03/25/that-strange-string-of-bones/

I think we must not forget that if aquatic ape theory is correct and if indeed there are mermaids their pelvis would be significantly like human pelvis then pelvis of seals, whales or dolphins because they developed from bipedal animals unlike seals, whales, and dolphins whose ancestors walked on all four.

Gertrudes said:
Then we have that short video of the two boys closer to the end of the documentary. I don't know, but it seemed at bit too much of a "oh look, that's a fin! Amazing...a pity we can't see the rest.." . Where is the rest? Wouldn't the boys have filmed more of that supposedly incredible being? I can't tell what happened, of course, but that did not convince me.
I had the same thought but there could be many reasons for this. I found the rest pretty convincing and not at all too far fetched.

I think this documentary had very profound and slightly spooky impact on me because I remembered recurrent dream I use to have as a child/adolescent.

I would be playing on the shore and then the sea people would come, jumping out of the sea and beckoning me to follow them. I completely forgot about this and it use to be very vivid, almost like a past life memory.
I should have somewhere my sketches of "sea people", many pages in the note book, if I ever find it I will scan and post here. Use to be quite obsessed for some time, come to think of it.

Could it be possible, that the media is being presented information with which to prepare us for the 'coming out' of other humanoids? Aren't there aquatic reptiles? Wouldn't it be convenient if our fascination with fantasy and mythology was used to encourage us to accept beings that appealed to us, yet may not have our best interests at heart?

That may be a sort of cynical train of thought =)

On one hand - as much as I can abhor the persecution of the 'different', I think anything glamorized these days may require a second look before being welcomed with open arms!

Taking things with a pinch of salt, 'waiting and seeing', and learning as much as possible in the mean-time seems to be the way to go =)

Those cave pictures are really interesting! Not to ruin the "mermaid coming out party" or anything but I found this as I was hunting for more:

October 25, 1994

Frank, Laura, VG

Q: (L) Who do we have with us tonight?

A: Batuva.

Q: (L) Are you a discarnate earth spirit?

A: No.

Q: (L) Where are you from?

A: Cassiopaea.

Q: (L) Are you prepared to answer our questions this evening?

A: Yes.

Q: (L) The first question is what is the meaning of the winged circle that is so common throughout ancient religions?

A: Life energy.

Q: (L) Why was life energy represented this way?

A: Closed circle. Free spirit in closed circle.

Q: (L) What is the meaning of the eye of Horus?

A: Psychic energy.

Q: (L) What was the origin of the serpent god?

A: Lizard rule.

Q: (L) Who appeared to Joan of Arc?

A: Lizard projection.

Q: (L) What is the true origin of Halloween?

A: All Hallows Eve.

Q: (L) Is there something older than that?

Q: (L) Are there alien bases on the Moon?

Q: (L) Who do the bases belong to?

A: Grays.

Q: (L) Was there ever at any time such a thing as mermaids?

Q: (L) What is the origin of this legend?

A: Sailors delirium.

It really makes you wonder what the drawers were trying to tell us if anything??? Maybe it's only the art work of a young girl whose putting a story she made up in her head on a wall??? -I didn't watch the documentary so I'm just thrown' that possibility out there.

Excellent find Rx,

But there is this as well:

Laura said:
Q: There are legends of half human creatures, minotaurs, centaurs, etc. Were any of these creatures real?
A: Experiments known as beasts in Atlantis.

[...]

Q: What did the Atlanteans do to bring this karma on us such that the grays and Lizzies...
A: Worshipped and served self to extreme.

Such beasts would be stronger physically and more attuned to the physical environment, so they would be better able to survive cataclysms, osit. But notice that they said that they were experiments, experiments can be successes or failures as this:

Laura said:
Q: Who built the city of Baalbek?
A: Antereans and early Sumerians. We meant Atlanteans. {Who are the Antereans?}

Q: What is the reason for the enormous proportions of this building?
A: Giants.

Q: Who were the giants?
A: Genetic effort to recreate Nephalim.

Q: Did the Atlanteans and Sumerians succeed in recreating the Nephilim?

Q: Why did they build this enormous city?
A: Retarded subjects.

Q: The results of their efforts were retarded?

Q: Why did they build the enormous city?
A: In anticipation of success.

Q: Why would someone come along and build a city of the proportions of Baalbek in anticipation of a genetic project that could take many years to accomplish.
A: Project took only three years. Speeded up growth cycle using nuclear hormonal replication procedure. Why failed.

Would indicate. The only situation were by success would be achieved with such experimentation at least as I see it, is when Atlantis was at its prime and they had ample time to iron out the kinks in their inventions.

But I haven't the foggiest idea of what's even around the corner, but that is what makes this whole saga fun as hell, I wouldn't change one thing about this oddity called reality.

i think the story could be probable, definitely sounds better than the whole adam and eve thing(please,no offense to anyone). after all were still learning about ourselves and where we came from. im just the curious type that needs to know for sure. i hate wondering about the mysteries and unknown.i have to know now and until then i drive myself crazy,lol. im pretty sure that the video was meant to show people how the military is testing weapons on poor animals. the mermaid scenario was to get you hooked in. i read somewhere that this video was edited.the original had much more information about the military and put them in a bad light. a week before the show came on,they pulled the originals from youtube.not sure how true it is but i wouldnt doubt it.

Herr Eisenheim said:
I think this documentary had very profound and slightly spooky impact on me because I remembered recurrent dream I use to have as a child/adolescent.

I would be playing on the shore and then the sea people would come, jumping out of the sea and beckoning me to follow them. I completely forgot about this and it use to be very vivid, almost like a past life memory.
I should have somewhere my sketches of "sea people", many pages in the note book, if I ever find it I will scan and post here. Use to be quite obsessed for some time, come to think of it.

i look forward to seeing these if you ever find them :)

bngenoh said:
Such beasts would be stronger physically and more attuned to the physical environment, so they would be better able to survive cataclysms, osit.

Why would you think that?

anart said:
bngenoh said:
Such beasts would be stronger physically and more attuned to the physical environment, so they would be better able to survive cataclysms, osit.

If you do horse + human, successfully producing a centaur it would have the great physical strength and stamina of a horse, unsuccessfully, it would have the physical strength and stamina of a human, with other probable deformities.

Hybrid vigor would also play a role:

_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heterosis said:
Heterosis, hybrid vigor, or outbreeding enhancement, is the improved or increased function of any biological quality in a hybrid offspring. The adjective derived from heterosis is heterotic.

Heterosis is the occurrence of a superior offspring from mixing the genetic contributions of its parents. These effects can be due to Mendelian or non-Mendelian inheritance.

Did I answer your question satisfactorily Anart?

bngenoh said:
anart said:
bngenoh said:

If you do horse + human, successfully producing a centaur it would have the great physical strength and stamina of a horse, unsuccessfully, it would have the physical strength and stamina of a human, with other probable deformities.

Hybrid vigor would also play a role:

_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heterosis said:
Heterosis, hybrid vigor, or outbreeding enhancement, is the improved or increased function of any biological quality in a hybrid offspring. The adjective derived from heterosis is heterotic.

Heterosis is the occurrence of a superior offspring from mixing the genetic contributions of its parents. These effects can be due to Mendelian or non-Mendelian inheritance.

Did I answer your question satisfactorily Anart?

Not really. My point is that there really isn't any data to back up your statement, it's just your opinion. It certainly doesn't speak to whether such a creature could "better survive a cataclysm". You have a tendency (which has been pointed out before) to get a bit carried away with supposition and to take your thoughts as facts. Learning to question your own thinking is absolutely crucial, and by that I mean sincerely question your own thinking. That is the opposite of the whole, "if it makes sense to me then I should look for reasons it's true" mode of thinking. What is more useful is to look for reasons that what you think is absolutely false - from there, you learn how to think critically.

anart said:
Not really. My point is that there really isn't any data to back up your statement, it's just your opinion. It certainly doesn't speak to whether such a creature could "better survive a cataclysm". You have a tendency (which has been pointed out before) to get a bit carried away with supposition and to take your thoughts as facts. Learning to question your own thinking is absolutely crucial, and by that I mean sincerely question your own thinking. That is the opposite of the whole, "if it makes sense to me then I should look for reasons it's true" mode of thinking. What is more useful is to look for reasons that what you think is absolutely false - from there, you learn how to think critically.

I shall reflect then, thank you. :)

Richard said:
Maybe it's the other way around. Life seems to have started in the sea and there's an old theory than man came out of the sea. The major evidence in support of this, as I remember it, is that our spines are weaker than they should be. Had we evolved on land we should be stronger. In the sea however, gravity doesn't affect our spines as much.

That's a possibility which could go hand in hand with the aquatic ape theory. Still, how would it explain the pelvis of a biped?

Herr Eisenheim said:
In fact seals have pelvis and also whales do, they are obviously modified but still pelvic bones

have a look at this link
_http://seanetters.wordpress.com/2010/03/25/that-strange-string-of-bones/

I think we must not forget that if aquatic ape theory is correct and if indeed there are mermaids their pelvis would be significantly like human pelvis then pelvis of seals, whales or dolphins because they developed from bipedal animals unlike seals, whales, and dolphins whose ancestors walked on all four.

Aren't seals and whales' pelvis much slimmer then the ones from their all fours ancestors though? Isn't a dog or wolf's pelvis wider?

In the image of the being's pelvis shown at 44:40, you can see what seems to be a wide pelvis, although I'm aware that there aren't any other bones around for us to make a comparison and understand its real width. The pelvis in the image is described by the annalist as the pelvis of a biped, and there was no mention to an adaptation to a marine being's pelvis.
On the left side of the pelvis (right side from the viewer's perspective) there seems to be a femur (thigh bone) attached, although I could well be misinterpreting the picture. But if that is indeed a femur, it is something for me hard to explain. You can still say these are the remaining traces of what was once one of the two legs, but much more data would be needed for a clearer and convincing picture. And from that image these would be pretty big traces, at least from what it seems to me.
I don't have any alternative suggestions really, only doubts, and I certainly lack the knowledge to extrapolate much further.
Maybe the pelvis does make sense and I'm just not seeing it.

Herr Eisenheim said:
I had the same thought but there could be many reasons for this.

Definitely, it is just that for me it had a strong taste of sensationalism. Subjective, of course.

bngenoh said:
I didn't see anything at all in those boys footage, it was the made for T.V. thing, osit. They didn't even show the picture that the boys supposedly drew, and even if they did I would still take it with a grain of salt since this is a documentary put out by a mainstream media outlet, and I have no way of independently verifying the date of the sketch, and also since the scientists materials were confiscated, I am just left with probabilities.

That caught my attention as well. Also, a boy that young would have to be relatively skilled with his pencil in order to produce a drawing of a head that would accurately match their reproduction of the skull. Mmmm...maybe I'm nitpicking, although truth be said, that was the first thing that crossed my mind at that moment.

Gertrudes said:
Aren't seals and whales' pelvis much slimmer then the ones from their all fours ancestors though? Isn't a dog or wolf's pelvis wider?
yes but still pretty narrow comparing to pelvis of bipeds, so if this was a starting point for modification the result would be much narrower pelvis then the pelvis that developed from the pelvis of bipedal animal.

Gertrudes said:
In the image of the being's pelvis shown at 44:40, you can see what seems to be a wide pelvis, although I'm aware that there aren't any other bones around for us to make a comparison and understand its real width. The pelvis in the image is described by the annalist as the pelvis of a biped, and there was no mention to an adaptation to a marine being's pelvis.

I missed this, need to see it again. What I remember from first watching was that remains of the pelvis were conclusive of different pelvis but not necessarily wide pelvis at that of humans, I think big part of it was missing.

Shish this just proves how easily anyone can be duped, even when I watched it for the first time I had impression that "the scientists" look and conduct themselves as actors, not to mention that the likelihood of forensic expert looking like top model are pretty slim. But I guess I wanted to believe, contrary to my favorite quote "I dont want to believe I want to know".
I watched it for second time today and apart from obviously acted "scientists", the next thing I noticed was the disclaimer at the end of the film denouncing any link to institutions mentioned in the film, as well as saying that any similarity to actual persons living or dead is entirely coincidental. When I watched it first time it was late and I was sleepy and didn't even notice this. On the second viewing even the account of German fisherman from the Baltic sea looked staged.

Now the question remains what was the agenda with this film, perhaps to discredit aquatic ape theory as ludicrous as it would be connected with this figment of imagination. Or perhaps there was no agenda at all and whole aim was to create intelligent amusement for the masses. I was amused that's for sure.

Back
Top Bottom