Metaphysics of ritualism

It seems to me that magick is all about control. You don't make you in position of learning from the universe, you pretend to know better and make it bend to your will.

That's the essence of it; instead of being open to the Universe, you decide what you want and need and how it is to be, and "give instructions". That's basically "playing god."

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I think I've figured out something about modern occultism. It's so simple but correct me if I'm wrong. It seems they exploit people's overactive imaginations and then attribute powerful ideas to whatever deity or symbols and say that those ideas came exclusively from them. It's like going to someone's wedding and applying a sticker of your name over someone else's gift and saying "THAT'S from me."

Limiting something as vast and expansive as knowledge or intelligence to any anthropomorphic figure now appears to be a psychological trick in the occult industry where they have all the "alternatives" for you to fall into since people are programmed to link everything to a specific god or gods.

It reminds me of a joke where comedian patton oswalt explains the "conspiracy" behind Lucky Charms. He was saying that the cereal itself which were shaped like crosses and fish contained all the vitamins and minerals and symbolized the greek ichthus symbol which symbolized the path of christianity. While the marshmallows are shaped like moons and pentagrams, "traditional pagan symbols." So what Lucky Charms is trying to say is that the path to Christianity, is no fun, but it'll keep you healthy and nourished and the marshmallows are sweet and sugary but it'll rot your teeth out and make you fat.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I think I've figured out something about modern occultism. It's so simple but correct me if I'm wrong. It seems they exploit people's overactive imaginations and then attribute powerful ideas to whatever deity or symbols and say that those ideas came exclusively from them. It's like going to someone's wedding and applying a sticker of your name over someone else's gift and saying "THAT'S from me."

Limiting something as vast and expansive as knowledge or intelligence to any anthropomorphic figure now appears to be a psychological trick in the occult industry where they have all the "alternatives" for you to fall into since people are programmed to link everything to a specific god or gods.

It reminds me of a joke where comedian patton oswalt explains the "conspiracy" behind Lucky Charms. He was saying that the cereal itself which were shaped like crosses and fish contained all the vitamins and minerals and symbolized the greek ichthus symbol which symbolized the path of christianity. While the marshmallows are shaped like moons and pentagrams, "traditional pagan symbols." So what Lucky Charms is trying to say is that the path to Christianity, is no fun, but it'll keep you healthy and nourished and the marshmallows are sweet and sugary but it'll rot your teeth out and make you fat.

That's about the best explanation I've read. And thanks for the laugh about the lucky charms!!!

Here is an example of the philosophy of "Satanism" and "Black Magic" as described by Michael Aquino, former member of Anton Lavey's Church of Satan and founder of Temple of Set. Below is an excerpt from Aquino's "Church of Satan." I noticed he is saying a lot of things right, in terms of "viewing stimuli empirically," dissolving the self from the contents of conditioning in it's many forms, helping free your fellow man, and that the notion of a "satanic tyrant" is ridiculous because, to him, satanism is essentially about freedom of self as well as (from what I can infer) others.

There are some glaring red flags that I see now upon rereading this text. The obvious one is: as I mentioned above, he attributes many powerful ideas to the deity of satan, lucifer or the "Infernal Dæmonocracy." "God" is symbolized as the mechanistic nature of the universe, from which human beings have attained a level of consciousness that they may "self-actualize" and free themselves from the "bonds of physicality and the biological processes of human nature. As I understand the philosophical root of this symbolism, it is similar to Gurdjieff's in the sense we have potential to free ourselves from our robotic nature, but when reading it from a left hand path source and particularly when dressed up with these kinds of aesthetics, this idea becomes a slippery slope because now under the blanket of "Satanism" breaking out of our conditioned nature is termed "becoming a god." I've read many of the works of Michael Aquino when I was interested in all this and while there is the obvious "STS streak" (He's an admitted satanist after all) he expresses many altruistic qualities which I personally now think may be a psyop to lure in unsuspecting people with good intentions but still susceptible to hypnosis and programming. I have personally read extensively through the material put forth by the church of satan and temple of set including reading through some of their recommended books. Immediately, I noticed a slow and steady attempt to polarize the reader towards STS. For example, one of their recommended books is "A Rulebook for arguments" detailing how to argue properly. In the book some of the examples given involve marrying underage girls arguing it was done during victorian times. The rest of the book is fine though. Still it made me think. Why did they recommend this book? Are they implying something? I was too naive and actually wanted to believe these satanists were the good guys. Other books on their list talked casually about pederasty, like there's nothing wrong with it. Then I went on some of their social media groups and saw them praising sexologist alfred kinsey. Even after all this, like the true idiot I am, I was still unsure of their true intentions because I was seeing what I wanted to see. Of course, when confronted with these "silent endorsements" as I perceived them to be, many of them claimed to read all this stuff for educational purposes only and don't endorse anything that might imply being "pro-pedophilia," which I figured was a fair argument. Still I already knew at this point I was in a very slippery slope and knew something was off. The rest of their material glorifies elitism but with "good intentions." In general they give themselves away the more you read their material and this is probably done on purpose, because in the end, it's ultimately up to the reader to choose if they want to continue to be a part of this. It is quite insidious it seems because you would never guess they are ultimately an STS organization if you read their basic material. Unlike many of you who have moved beyond linking knowledge, info and ideas to a deity, I was still in that place so I gravitated towards this "intelligent" satanist schtick like duck to water. Plus, I did have (still kinda do but less) tendency to romanticize certain aspects of darkness purely from a conceptual, cinematic/theatrical way if that makes any sense. I distinguish this from the true "hunger for darkness" truly polarized STS souls or psychopaths have.

So, at the bottom of the pyramid, it's all about "freedom for the people, humanity and all mankind," and as you slowly move up the ladder these concepts slowly turn into "freedom for the elect" which turns into "freedom for us" which turns into "freedom for me" which ultimately leads to "freedom for me by any means necessary." I should also add that indulgence of desire, which seems like a seemingly innocent thing to champion in the beginning especially after getting out of the oppressive nature of mainstream religions, is also amplified to higher degrees the higher up you go. "Desire" is championed as one of the highest ideals and encouraged to be exhausted. Of course, they also emphasize strict ethics, achieving balance and gaining knowledge and so on but all these "good things" are twisted in extremely subtle ways, ie: road to hell, good intentions, etc. Ultimately you get conditioned into serving true darkness.

So anyways, I'll stop here. Below is an excerpt from Aquino's "Church of Satan" which highlights what I am talking about above at least in terms of them luring people in with their "light side." I hope readers will find it interesting as it's actually a thought provoking read compared to the usual trashy occult stuff out there. See if you can spot all the red flags. I bolded a few things I found interesting. Also texts in brackets and italics are my comments.

Black Magic - Exploration of Essence -

Black Magic might be said to be the Satanic “infinitive”: Satanism in practice. To
define this subject material strictly in terms of classic occultism would be a serious injustice,
though, since even the simplest premises of Black Magic lead to a vast number of
theological hypotheses. How then to essentialize Black Magic?

Black Magic is an attitude of observation and conduct in which the absolute potential of
the human intellect is assumed and all avenues for the exercise of this potential are sought.
Let us break this definition down into its component parts. Black Magic - or Satanism - is
not an “object” in itself; it is not an absolute to which one aspires, for there is no single
goal in evidence. It is an attitude alone, a continuous process of training the personality to
view stimuli empirically. While scientific laws are useful in understanding the natural
systems of the Universe, they are not essential in themselves. The fact that gravity has
existed for ten billion years in no way guarantees its continuation an instant from now.
It is both a system of observation and a guide for conduct. The Satanist must be
receptive to his environment to the greatest possible degree if he is to reason in logical
directions. The Satanist must be sensitive to essence; and the active correlation - conduct -
is just as important. The misinterpretation of information may lead not only to wrong
conclusions but, more insidiously, to incomplete conclusions. This is not to say that a good
Satanist must know everything there is to know or be an intellectual washout. Rather he
must be so selective in his beliefs and conclusions that the chance of error is infinitely
small
, and what he cannot measure by this strict rule must be classified as essentially
unknown.

(C's talked recently about being selective in your beliefs, so he might be onto something here, but the question is "WHAT beliefs?")

The potential of the human intellect is not as difficult to define as it is to reach. It is,
according to Satanic axiom, infinite. There is no definite limit to what the mind can
accomplish, whether it be ESP, teleportation, transformation, prolongation of life [and
even the elimination of death], or the spontaneous creation of matter/energy from
nothingness. In a religious context the Satanic man is potentially divine.
And finally this mandate must be exercised. Potential by itself is worthless unless it is
pursued and actualized. The Satanist has visions of what he may become, and he is thus
charged to attempt these visions.
If his achievements are contributive to any degree, the
ultimate glory will be as much his as that of the final and complete Satanist.

And now what are the systems of Black Magic? How has it served in the past, and how
may it presently be employed? Discarding for the moment the accusations of past fanatics,
we will claim for our predecessors the title of the truly free. The Black Magicians of history
defied not only secular infringements on their conduct and attitudes, but moral imposition
as well. By flaunting their will in the very face of the god whom they had been taught to
regard as omnipotent, they endangered - or sacrificed - their souls in order that they might
glory in the indulgence of their desires.

Satanism as an infant art had limited goals and a limited philosophy. Sexual license,
wealth, physical or political power, or control over specific instances of life or death were
the general concerns; and the personalities of the dæmons invoked were designed
accordingly. Because it did not occur to these first Satanists that Satan himself might be an
absolute contradiction of the Christian god, he “required” worship, levied “tribute” (in the
form of souls), and extracted various abasements from his devotees in return for his
diabolical patronage. The ultimate possibilities of Satanism, however, were occasionally
hinted at by both Satanists and Christians alike. At the very beginning of the Christian
Bible, the Satanic influence of the serpent tempts man to the attainment of judgment and
knowledge - a development which prompts divine punishment lest man subsequently
aspire to divine status. This episode is a curious one, even from an allegorical standpoint,
for its moral message seems to be that knowledge is intrinsically harmful and must be
curtailed. It also follows that the Christian man may expect to achieve Heaven only when
he has purged himself of his intellect - an extraordinary precept upon which to initiate
man’s most influential religious code, surely - but it is valuable in defining the primary
issue between conventional religions and Satanism. Further biblical references would serve
only to reemphasize this basic issue. These oddly-paradoxical passages are easily found.
And if it is surprising that such extreme attacks upon the personality of man should be
mounted at all, let the reader ponder the amazing degree to which this repressive doctrine
has been not only accepted but enthusiastically embraced. One is moved to suggest that Christianity is an institution dedicated to the obliteration of the self.

A more positive tone may be found in the works of John Milton, specifically in his epic
poem Paradise Lost. Herein Lucifer rejects the single condition set upon his Archangelic
rank - that he acknowledge the will of God to be supreme in all things - and elects the
bitterness of Hell in order that he may achieve self-actualization. “Better,” he decides, “to
reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.” The implication is that the rejection of mindless
nirvana brings one into abrupt and crushing contact with the almost endless obstacles
which must be overcome in the search for pure knowledge. The Miltonian Lucifer is, in
fact, our Satanic man.

(As you can see above, Aquino exploits the imagination of the still conditioned reader and claims the "search for pure knowledge" is luciferian or satanic)

The latter portion of the epic, which is concerned with Satan’s intellectual
“contamination” of man, has traditionally been interpreted from a Christian standpoint.
But the Satanist views this encounter rather as evidence of Satan’s desire to free the mind
of man from its unknown deprivation. Milton was hardly in a position to champion the
Devil outright - Cromwellian England was not known for its religious license - but it is all
the greater tribute to his poetic genius that his ultimate message was undistorted.

The ceremonial aspect of Black Magic has elicited constant romantic appeal, being the
subject of many horror stories and theatrical melodramas. In such context Satanism is
usually portrayed as being a grotesque mockery of “good” Christian ritual - the Black
Mass, for instance, with its inverted cross and other parodies of Catholicism. What is not
conveyed, however, is that parody occupies a major role in Satanic methodology. The
psychological intent of ceremonies, basically, is twofold: first to inspire awe (or, in more
primitive instances, fear), and second to clothe related pronouncements in a supernatural
dignity which would not be forthcoming outside of a ceremonial setting.

To the new Satanist Black Magical ceremonies may seem only to displace the old
Christian symbolisms with a new order. It is this transitory impression which inspires the
superficially macabre rituals of popular fiction, but the final intent of Satanic ceremonies is
considerably more sophisticated: It is to purge man of the artificially-induced disposition to
vacate his sense of reason under ceremonial circumstances. The ultimate Satanist has no
subjective interest in ceremony; it is valuable only as an objective device to eliminate the
fear of unreason in new initiates and to check, through the use of superstition, attacks by
conventional religion upon the Satanic Church.

Satanic ceremonies, summarily, are designed to exert a desired influence on the
beholder, although different persons may form different interpretations of a given
ceremony. Ceremonial magic’s effectiveness is directly proportional to the susceptibility of
its subjects. Hence it is a most powerful tool against both conventional religion and White
Magical organizations. Since organized religion is largely dependent upon fear as a
motivating factor - Timor Fecit Deos: fear created the gods (Petronius) - fear can be used
against the conventional churches whenever it is deemed necessary. Under such
circumstances, though, the Satanist is charged to observe a most important axiom: that the
power of Black Magic be employed ultimately as a protective and educational device only.
Its use as a technique of intellectual tyranny would be nothing more than a parallel of the
Christian ethic and thus a serious disservice to the values of Satanism.

(Bolded text above sounds like the bees knees on face value, but as mentioned above, it's bait. They claim to champion universal freedom but as their desire intensifies and their addiction, they will be very STS in their sphere of influence... I'm guessing.. perhaps there are exceptions where one can heighten desire and use it only towards altruistic ends)

In a casual discussion of the powers of Black Magic one may be asked whether the art
permits one to fly, become invisible, etc. Such questions almost always indicate a
superficial impression of Black Magic, but a capsule answer may be given under
appropriate circumstances. It is important to establish that Black Magic is subjective, i.e. it
manipulates intellects, not insensate objects. Through mental suggestion Black Magic can
create the impression of flight, and - since reality in the precise sense is subjective to the
Satanist - flight occurs. There is no Satanic reality beyond the mind: As you think and as
you perceive, so you are.

It should now be obvious that the student of Black Magic confronts difficulties
unmatched in any other field of endeavor. He has, in truth, undertaken to demonstrate that
nothing is impossible - a somewhat ambitious task. And even the evaluation of his progress
is necessarily subjective.

A final word might be added concerning the personification of the Devil. Lucifer
(“Lightgiver”) or Satan (“Adversary”) is an all-inclusive symbol of the ideal that bears his
name. Does he exist in the sense that he may materialize in the midst of a magic circle,
breathing fire and reeking of sulphur? Once more the answer is to be found in the
subjective substance of Black Magic. If your will is strong enough and you require a
physical manifestation of either Satan or another citizen of the Infernal Dæmonocracy,
then you most certainly will obtain your desire. “Those who seek shall find.”

Red Magic
In ancient times the term “Red Magic” was occasionally given to the most exalted
form of the magical art, and so it is applied here. The Red Magician, therefore, may be
described as the hypothetical ultimate Satanist: the Black Magician evolved to infinity.
When one has mastered infinity, then - recalling that Black Magic is a technique for
achieving the impossible - one is in fact a master of subjective existence: a Red Magician.
The Red Magician and Satan have become one.

(above text reminds me of STS infinitely seeking infinite wisdom for all eternity in a loop)

Psychic Science - Cult of Unreason
The popular mind has long linked Black Magic to that bewildering maze of phenomena
concerned with spiritual mediums, seances, hauntings, poltergeists, ectoplasm, and tabletapping.
It is high time that this connection be most decisively severed. The Satanist has no
use for illusions. He is a realist - a relentless, absolute realist. When he desires
communication with an Infernal personage, he establishes it immediately and effectively -
without closing curtains, dimming lights, holding hands, or otherwise wasting time and
insulting the intelligence. ESP may be one of his tools, but it is not an object of awe or
reverence.

As to the multitudes of mystics who enthusiastically pursue “psychic science’s”
fantasies, the Satanist disavows their childishness with peremptory impatience. To him,
phenomena whose causes are not immediately understood are objects for future
examination, not blind devotion. And it is inconceivable that he should tolerate the
psychological disadvantage at which all mediums require their customers to be placed.
The sheer numbers of the “psychic scientists” lend a semblance of truth to their
enterprises. But the Satanist must view the question from an empirical standpoint and
reject all claims which he cannot see demonstrated under circumstances of his own
choosing.

Part II - Ends
A. The Religious Environment
No greater error could be made by the self-proclaimed Satanist than to assume that by
retreating into an instantly-subjective existence he has fulfilled his charge. There is no value
in a philosophy if it is not constructive, and the true Satanist assumes for himself - not to
the Satanic Church - an obligation to free his fellow kind from their conditioned
mindlessness.
Satanism is an individual-oriented creed, and individuality exists since other
individuals exist as a point of distinction. One’s achievement of a strong individuality,
therefore, is a relative accomplishment.

Because of this relationship the Satanic ideal can be proven only against a reference
point which is likewise perfect and ultimate. Let us try to couch this in simpler language: I
cannot know when I have attained perfection except through reference to a number of
indicators which I have set for myself. This value system is arbitrary; I have created it not
from the reference point of perfection itself, but from the reference point of the
imperfections of humanity. I can achieve an absolute state of Satanic perfection only when
this concept of the negative standard has been superseded by the final standard of
perfection: the assumption of the Red Magician.

To eliminate the concept of the negative standard, I must honestly conclude that
mankind has been “given the apple” and all accorded the opportunity to investigate the
Satanic ideal for themselves. While I have no responsibility or right to control another’s
will, I can assist him to free himself from what we mutually perceive as inhibition. Only
then am I truly free to define my own state in an absolute, not a comparative sense.
I reject the suggestion that I am my brother’s keeper, but I recognize that his
enslavement is, by implication, an infringement upon my own proclaimed ideal of absolute
freedom. The established institutions of religion are among these infringements and are
therefore quite worthy of dissolution. Not destruction from without - for force cannot
substitute for reason under our ethic - but evolutionary dissolution from within as the
Satanic manifesto is gradually proclaimed for what it truly represents for mankind. And
what are the stages in the process?

First - the crushing of the religious object. “God” - not his churches - must be openly
and deliberately attacked. He must be decisively thrust down in every area in which his
power has been proclaimed. And finally he must be destroyed. The first war between
Lucifer and the Christian god brought the birth of reason; the second will herald its
triumph.

Second - the fragmentation of the god-churches. The repeated demonstrations of
“God’s” impotence will themselves be a divisive influence. But so is the structure of
conventional religion designed that open attack upon the several churches would act to
strengthen them through the process of martyrdom. Rather the churches themselves must
be inspired to cause their own downfall through dissension, disillusionment, and constant
exposure to the temptations of Satanism. The shock of the entire process may well be
extreme, and it is an additional responsibility of the Satanist to employ his art of reason to
minimize the psychological trauma of religious disorientation upon the social norm. It must
be remembered that mindless, hysterical chaos is as contrary to the Satanic ideal as is blind
obedience.

And third - the organizational decentralization of the Satanic Church as a theological
and philosophical instrument. The advent of the Satanic Age will see man acknowledged as
his own ultimate instrument, and Lucifer, Lightgiver, as his symbol of glory.

B. The Political Environment
Politics is a process of control and order. Satanism advocates self-actualization and
individual indulgence. The two cannot coexist if a confrontation is forced, yet such a
contest need not be called.

An ordered society is the most advantageous environment for Satanism’s initial
development, as well as being a protective shield against preemptive reaction by the
adherents of the conventional religions. And it may well be that the advantages of man’s
legal systems far outweigh their disadvantages, for man has reached a point where his
highest material achievements must come from concerted effort, not from individual
genius.

Certain elements must eventually be extracted from governmental systems. The
imposition of morality, for example, attacks the basic premises of Satanism. Since it is not
a necessary component of a legally-based system, it will be eliminated. The Satanic state, in
its ideal form, will neither help nor hinder citizens’ individual progress. Instead it will serve
as an essentially mechanical device for intracommunication, coordination of effort, and
perpetuation of achievement. One does not “lead” a Satanist. One can only assist him in
achieving the goals he has set for himself.

C. The Philosophical Environment
Only one other social reformist philosophy ever called in advance for its own eventual
de-institutionalization, and communism’s “temporary” dictatorship of the proletariat has
evidenced no real desire to conform to Marx’ design. If it is indeed true, as George Orwell
postulated in 1984, that no man ever seizes power with the intent of relinquishing it - the
object of power being power - upon what base can Satanism presume to rest that will
preclude its possible distortion and misuse by a Satanic “Lenin”?
The answer should be evident: Satanism is a philosophy of the individual, not of the
group. The Satanic Priest does not rule or ordain in the name of Lucifer. He is rather an
intellectual gadfly in the most excellent Socratic tradition. He challenges, he tests; he is a
“Devil’s advocate” among men. His strength is not measured against his fellow men, but
with them. By accepting the title of Priest, he has identified himself as a Satanic extrovert,
one whose personal realization of the Satanic ideal is to be found by interaction with others
as a counselor and intellectual sparring partner. Factionalization of Satanism is not a
realistic consideration, since Satanism from the outset is possessed of as many factions as it
has advocates. The prospect of a “Satanic tyrant” is ultimately ridiculous by definition.
Confrontation: This, then, is the Satanic Ultimatum - our manifesto, our dedication.
The hand of Lucifer is offered: Will you take it?

So in reference to much of what is said in the above excerpt, much of what you guys are doing here on this forum is super satanic! Anyways, thanks again so much for the info.

So in reference to much of what is said in the above excerpt, much of what you guys are doing here on this forum is super satanic! Anyways, thanks again so much for the info.

johndeexxxxxx,

I see no parallels in the above excerpt with the forum and Satanic ritual magic; so I have no idea why you would say that.

[B said:
goyacobol[/B]]
I see no parallels in the above excerpt with the forum and Satanic ritual magic; so I have no idea why you would say that.

Hi goyacobol. You're right I should have worded that statement better. Most of what is expressed in the excerpt runs contrary to the goals of this forum, though personally I still see a few parallels when you take off the halloween costumes. Particularly, engaging in free thought, using (not discarding) the intellect, deconditioning, challenging established institutions/paradigms/etc, gaining knowledge, self-knowledge, etc. The temple of set are also big on gurdjieff and explore 4th way, so there's some similarities that I personally am finding here, but it may be another case of seeing what I want to see. The obvious difference is that of their intent; using knowledge for selfish purposes.

Apologies if my statement sounded disrespectful. I certainly didn't mean it that way I was just pointing out the irony of aquino describing intelligence a "satanic state."

Hi goyacobol. You're right I should have worded that statement better. Most of what is expressed in the excerpt runs contrary to the goals of this forum, though personally I still see a few parallels when you take off the halloween costumes. Particularly, engaging in free thought, using (not discarding) the intellect, deconditioning, challenging established institutions/paradigms/etc, gaining knowledge, self-knowledge, etc. The temple of set are also big on gurdjieff and explore 4th way, so there's some similarities that I personally am finding here, but it may be another case of seeing what I want to see. The obvious difference is that of their intent; using knowledge for selfish purposes.

Apologies if my statement sounded disrespectful. I certainly didn't mean it that way I was just pointing out the irony of aquino describing intelligence a "satanic state."

It just seems like you are looking for a way to find something positive where negative "intent" is subtly hidden among a few shinny baubles of semi-truthful statements. Using parts/pieces from more credible sources and twisting and distorting the meaning to manipulate others is something rather STS.

I hope you are seeing what may help you to avoid being what the Cs describe "a tool of the tool".

Session 30 March 2002:
Q: (V) Well, I have used them, not to a great extent. The one that I have used the most is the Rama symbol which is used to dispel or expel negative energy. Does this symbol do what they claim it does?

A: Do you think that a symbol can control your consciousness, or the consciousness of another?

Q: (V) I guess I've been thinking it's a tool just as this is a tool (holds up symbol displayed earlier). No I don't think a symbol can control consciousness...when it's put that way. But I want to say that I think they can be used as tools also. Not to be right or anything but this my thinking at this time.

A: What quality of an individual would have to be present to set the effect of a symbol against consciousness?

Q: (V) I don't understand that. (L) I think they are saying that the presence of a negative energy implies the presence of a negative consciousness. It's either the consciousness of the individual who is experiencing it or it is the consciousness being projected from somebody else. And if one or the other of those is the condition - say for example: if you had negative energy that was being sent to you from someone else, and you wanted to set this symbol against that negative energy, what quality would have to be present in you in order to make that work? (V) A lack of negativity. (L) I don't think so. You already have negativity right? So you're going to use the symbol to make it go away assuming it was sent on you. So what do you have to have to make the symbol work? (V) A conscious effort? (L) Faith. You have to believe in the symbol. And if you believe in the symbol then you are putting the power in something outside of you, you don't believe that you have the ability to stand against the negative consciousness. On the other hand, if the consciousness of negativity is your own, and you believe a symbol can stand against your own negativity, you haven't inquired into where the negativity comes from. (A) You see a tool is something which you must know exactly how it operates, because otherwise it's not a tool; you are the tool of something else - the originator of the tool who may not have your best interests at heart. So you must exactly know, and have precise knowledge of, the tool if it is to be a tool. So a tool is a projection - an extension - of what is in you.

A: Otherwise you are the tool of the tool

[B said:
goyacobol[/B]]
It just seems like you are looking for a way to find something positive where negative "intent" is subtly hidden among a few shinny baubles of semi-truthful statements. Using parts/pieces from more credible sources and twisting and distorting the meaning to manipulate others is something rather STS.

I hope you are seeing what may help you to avoid being what the Cs describe "a tool of the tool".

Indeed.. I am learning. I admit, after reading through some of my previous posts, I can almost sense a tone of "respect" towards these satanists and sts types. Like I respect them as a formidable opponent or something. Either way, this is clearly incorrect thinking on my part. The more I read this forum among other related topics, the more I'm realizing this isn't a game. I was invested in their material for awhile, so there is no doubt lingering subconscious "hold-outs" that I am unaware of.

I suppose I'm looking for something positive from these organizations because I DID find many positive things in their texts that opened my eyes. Sure it was hijacked by their misinformation, but I still got introduced to a lot of new concepts I assumed at the time came exclusively from them. Would I have been better off if I had found this forum and the site first? Maybe. I would say though that if I hadn't delved into study of occultism and black magic the way I did before I came across the C's, Ra, LKJ, etc., I probably wouldn't have stuck around for long. It was the Temple of Set's detailed expositions on the "principle of isolate intelligence" that actually helped me to understand the true nature of consciousness and what we should do with it and how we should use it. When I came across the C's a lot of what they say correlates with this concept of intelligence as described by temple of set. The difference is ToS is "isolate intelligence" (knowledge restriction... not having access to universal intelligence) while C's talk about "universal" or "cosmic" intelligence where knowledge is obtained through efforts of networking among other things. So it seems there ARE some interesting parallels here yet totally opposite concepts at the same time. I'm not trying to put temple of set side by side with the C's, G, Castaneda, etc., as opposite ends of the spectrum. On the contrary as you stated in the quote above "negative 'intent' is subtly hidden among a few shinny baubles of semi-truthful statements. Using parts/pieces from more credible sources and twisting and distorting the meaning to manipulate others," the temple of set just appears to be loosely put together disinfo at this point and their material doesn't hold a candle to the knowledge base provided by this forum, c's, lkj/ark, gurdjieff, etc.

I still, every now and then, not seriously, imagine that it's actually the god Set pretending to be "the cassiopaeans" communicating with laura and team! Yes I know! Trust me, I know and I'm taking steps to move beyond this! But you can see where my head is at. I just got here. Many of you might have absolved yourselves of these illusions many many many years back, but there's always going to be people like me, fresh off the boat. All this is brand new to me! Thanks again for everything.

Session 30 March 2002:

Hi,

The C´s sentence "a tool of the tool" makes me wonder about reiki symbols, and crystals...
Are they not in a way similar? :huh:
(as disclaimer, I practice reiki and love my crystals too...)

✨

Hi,

The C´s sentence "a tool of the tool" makes me wonder about reiki symbols, and crystals...
Are they not in a way similar? :huh:
(as disclaimer, I practice reiki and love my crystals too...)

✨

@Talitha,

I think if you use them in a thoughtless "ritualistic" way without first building a knowledge base of trust then the tool is one that you do not understand enough.

Actually the Cs say that the crystals are "small potatoes" in the larger scheme of things.

Session 4 March 1995:
Q: (T) Can you give him a weapons design? (L) Oh god! (T) Humor, mirth! (L) You did tell us at one point that we could achieve a certain level of protection with stones, crystals, and so forth, is that correct?

A: Yes but crystals are "small potatoes."

Q: (L) Is there anything we can do with our thinking patterns or with our bodies, or anything we can do to accelerate the receiving of assistance?

A: Unite.

Q: (J) That is what we are doing. In other words, keep on keeping on.

A: Not. You are still STS.

Notice that the best way to "accelerate the receiving of assistance" is to "Unite".

As for Reiki I am not an initiate (yet) so maybe someone could answer for that part of your question better.

Crystals and Reiki aren't rituals, they are tools that are basically understood. In fact, they work better if you understand how they work. Crystals are piezoelectric and Reiki symbols are similar to circuit boards in an electronic device.

Sure it was hijacked by their misinformation, but I still got introduced to a lot of new concepts I assumed at the time came exclusively from them.
It seems to be rather pervasive, this exclusivity thing. The fact that you wonder if Set is actually the one talking instead of the C's gives a glimpse of how obsessive it became to you. Reading the text you posted, I am repulsed at most of the mentionned ideas of instilling fear during ceremonies, destroying god, morality and that sick idea of total freedom. I don't see any subtility in hiding their real intent of overt destruction. Nonetheless, it helps to understand the current actions of the PTB under a different light.

Back
Top Bottom