Metaphysics of ritualism

Laura

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
It seems to me that magick is all about control. You don't make you in position of learning from the universe, you pretend to know better and make it bend to your will.
That's the essence of it; instead of being open to the Universe, you decide what you want and need and how it is to be, and "give instructions". That's basically "playing god."

johndeexxxxxx

The Force is Strong With This One
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I think I've figured out something about modern occultism. It's so simple but correct me if I'm wrong. It seems they exploit people's overactive imaginations and then attribute powerful ideas to whatever deity or symbols and say that those ideas came exclusively from them. It's like going to someone's wedding and applying a sticker of your name over someone else's gift and saying "THAT'S from me."

Limiting something as vast and expansive as knowledge or intelligence to any anthropomorphic figure now appears to be a psychological trick in the occult industry where they have all the "alternatives" for you to fall into since people are programmed to link everything to a specific god or gods.

It reminds me of a joke where comedian patton oswalt explains the "conspiracy" behind Lucky Charms. He was saying that the cereal itself which were shaped like crosses and fish contained all the vitamins and minerals and symbolized the greek ichthus symbol which symbolized the path of christianity. While the marshmallows are shaped like moons and pentagrams, "traditional pagan symbols." So what Lucky Charms is trying to say is that the path to Christianity, is no fun, but it'll keep you healthy and nourished and the marshmallows are sweet and sugary but it'll rot your teeth out and make you fat.

Laura

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I think I've figured out something about modern occultism. It's so simple but correct me if I'm wrong. It seems they exploit people's overactive imaginations and then attribute powerful ideas to whatever deity or symbols and say that those ideas came exclusively from them. It's like going to someone's wedding and applying a sticker of your name over someone else's gift and saying "THAT'S from me."

Limiting something as vast and expansive as knowledge or intelligence to any anthropomorphic figure now appears to be a psychological trick in the occult industry where they have all the "alternatives" for you to fall into since people are programmed to link everything to a specific god or gods.

It reminds me of a joke where comedian patton oswalt explains the "conspiracy" behind Lucky Charms. He was saying that the cereal itself which were shaped like crosses and fish contained all the vitamins and minerals and symbolized the greek ichthus symbol which symbolized the path of christianity. While the marshmallows are shaped like moons and pentagrams, "traditional pagan symbols." So what Lucky Charms is trying to say is that the path to Christianity, is no fun, but it'll keep you healthy and nourished and the marshmallows are sweet and sugary but it'll rot your teeth out and make you fat.
That's about the best explanation I've read. And thanks for the laugh about the lucky charms!!!

Top Bottom