Meteor impact in norway wednesday like hiroshima blast!!!

Laura

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
http://www.aftenposten.no/english/local/article1346411.ece

Record meteorite hit Norway

As Wednesday morning dawned, northern Norway was hit with an impact comparable to the atomic bomb used on Hiroshima.

At around 2:05 a.m. on Wednesday, residents of the northern part of Troms and the western areas of Finnmark could clearly see a ball of fire taking several seconds to travel across the sky.

A few minutes later an impact could be heard and geophysics and seismology research foundation NORSAR registered a powerful sound and seismic disturbances at 02:13.25 a.m. at their station in Karasjok.

Farmer Peter Bruvold was out on his farm in Lyngseidet with a camera because his mare Virika was about to foal for the first time.

"I saw a brilliant flash of light in the sky, and this became a light with a tail of smoke," Bruvold told Aftenposten.no. He photographed the object and then continued to tend to his animals when he heard an enormous crash.

"I heard the bang seven minutes later. It sounded like when you set off a solid charge of dynamite a kilometer (0.62 miles) away," Bruvold said.

Astronomers were excited by the news.

"There were ground tremors, a house shook and a curtain was blown into the house," Norway's best known astronomer Knut J

We'll have to watch the press on this one. I'm sure this will be used in the long run to justify more star wars programs.

I told a friend about it. He did a search on the web and could find nothing.

You can find it at:

http://www.earthchangestv.com/

And you have all this kind of scientific info on that website.

Volcano, eartquake.....

Gwynned said:
I told a friend about it. He did a search on the web and could find nothing.
Odd you should mention that, Gwynned, I told a friend at work as well, and he immediately looked it up on Google News - found nothing - at all. I sent him the link Laura provided so he could read about it.
It could be just an 'over sight' or a 'miss' by the Google News search engine, but it is rather curious, really.

who still uses google anyways? Incidently I did a search for the meteorite and got the link http://science.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/06/09/2355259 from google. Like most results from google if they have it it is in a watered down form. I hate google, and they are more suspect for offering a gig of space for mail - who's paying for all that memory? Shruggs - the larger the internet gets the worse the search engines get - I'm almost tempted to go back to using WWWWorm again ... do they still even have it? *wonders*

highmystica said:
who still uses google anyways?
Well, the guy I work with does - as does, probably, the vast majority of Americans. Do I? No - but I am not the vast majority of Americans. I'm just saying that if the question is, "is the main stream media reporting on the increasing frequency of meteor sightings/strikes", the answer, at this point, is, "probably not".

Had no problems finding it with google, search news for "meteorite" and the results are there. Anyway, the little amount of press this has recieved is quite strange. You'd think such a large energy impact would be reported all over the place!

they weren't there originally, and when I finally did it I only got ONE result on a news story that was a day and a half old ... indeed when I got that ONE result it was well after namaste posted his/her thing ... and then didn't come back here till after anart posted ...
The thing is even still how many things online have you found that have more to say than the original post here? Look at that - isn't that scary? There's a good reason I like this site - it's unfortunate however I can't test the cass stuff further ...
As it is at my last check google was still offering very little results - well okay they offered a lot of results but I didn't care about the meteors that happened in the first decade of the last century - YAHOO even offered better results - and don't get me started on yahoo ... lol

I use google, see no point in abandoning it just yet.
gig mail? simple if you understand how hosting business operates - all this memory is compressible and shared and it's assumed that almost all the users have their mail downloaded so the accounts are actually empty.

by the way: video.google.com - it shows "most popular" on top and since I saw "water powered car" in that section it means they do not filter-out such stuff.

As for meteorite - I won't be surprised if there will be no news about it at all. How could media assure you that tomorrow such meteorite won't burn your city?
There were no news on passing comet fragments on the media here...

http://www.earthchangestv.com/ - is it worth the subscription??

The media also never reports UFO sightings. It's almost an index of what to really be afraid of. Maybe we don't need to worry about Bird Flu!

Or maybe they don't report on what they don't control. Maybe they control Bird Flu and Peak Oil, so they report on that...

schriss said:
As for meteorite - I won't be surprised if there will be no news about it at all. How could media assure you that tomorrow such meteorite won't burn your city?
There were no news on passing comet fragments on the media here...

Devar said:
Had no problems finding it with google, search news for "meteorite" and the results are there.
But none of those sites are mainstream sources of news. The amount of people looking for news on meteorites is much less than those who would hear about it by their "trusted sources" such as CNN. From all appearances, people are being sheltered from this data.

schriss said:
Well, i found on that site scientifics news than i can not easily find elsewhere.

The man follows very carefully the earth's change.

For me, it worths the subsciption so far.

You can receive the free newsletter but it does not give all the details.

But even if you do not subscripe, you have access to the first lines of the big news. And using google or another tool of search, you can find the complete news when you have the exact title.

Back
Top Bottom