Meteor impact in norway wednesday like hiroshima blast!!!

Namaste said:
schriss said:
http://www.earthchangestv.com/ - is it worth the subscription??
Well, i found on that site scientifics news than i can not easily find elsewhere.

But even if you do not subscripe, you have access to the first lines of the big news. And using google or another tool of search, you can find the complete news when you have the exact title.
Yea, I figured that out myself because I wanted to find out more about one of topics: "Ancient 'Computer' Starts to Yield Secrets", so I googled, and it seems the news are just copy/pasted, reused on many websites.

Someone noticed, that because this meteorite impact is not mentioned anywhere, just on those few websites, then how can we be sure that those news are not fakes?

We have a cheap, full of pictures newspaper here, that posts almost only fake and incredible news stories, this has been revealed (but people still buy and read). When this newspaper touches a topic, it does it all the way. For example genetic modified food - they showed a picture of vegetables with rat legs attached. Many probably believed it was true. Another news was interior of UFO photographed by a peasant with his cell phone.

schriss said:
Someone noticed, that because this meteorite impact is not mentioned anywhere, just on those few websites, then how can we be sure that those news are not fakes?
We can't. However, since we have a good working hypothesis that such an event would very likely be subjected to a news "blackout" by the MSM, and this is what seems to have happened, we can therefore say that it does not disprove our hypothesis. So, there is still a chance that it is evidence for the positive proof. Verification is needed before we could say this for sure though.

Laura said:
5 July 2001

VB: Can you show Laura so she can describe to us, the catastrophic situation in our future, our near future?

Laura: It seems as though it will be a progression. Like the beginning of rain, when the first few big, cold drops fall; and then a pause followed by a few more drops; and then, a downpour.

VB: Describe what you are seeing?

Laura: I see rocks - but they aren't very large. They are like the size of your fist. Just a few. And they make something of a stir. An uproar. People will be excited... very upset. It looks like just two - two small rocks. And then nothing else happens for awhile, and then they forget about it. It all dies down. And then, a third, a fourth, a fifth and a sixth - and maybe even a seventh... isolated events, or so it seems. Still small. And then, a big one. All this will go on over a period of months.
My first thoughts reading through the Aftenposten article were: how can anyone be excited by the impact of a meteorite, alike the Hiroshima bomb? Assuming this thing indeed collapsed in Scandinavian nomansland, of course it may be invaluable for scientific research. But what puzzles me Most are the hypnotherapy sessions with VB. Laura, aren't they as polluted as his other articles?

Ryan said:
schriss said:
We can't. However, since we have a good working hypothesis that such an event would very likely be subjected to a news "blackout" by the MSM, and this is what seems to have happened, we can therefore say that it does not disprove our hypothesis. So, there is still a chance that it is evidence for the positive proof. Verification is needed before we could say this for sure though.
What is odd is that this newsflash just popped up on AOL. It gives the impression that meteorite impacts are prehistoric events.
http://articles.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20060608015609990004&id=20050316173209990011

Here's a few short excerpts:

Von Frese said the satellite data suggests the crater could date back about 250 million .......

Approximately 100 million years ago......

Von Frese - who announced his findings last month at an American Geophysical Union meeting in Baltimore - acknowledged his discovery lacks hard evidence. He said e wants to visit Antarctica to hunt for rocks at the base of the ice along the coast that could be dated."There is skepticism......

Scientists Discover 300-Mile-Wide Crater
By MICHAEL CASEY, AP

BANGKOK, Thailand (June 8) - A massive crater in Antarctica may have been caused by a meteor that wiped out more than 90 percent of the species on Earth 250 million years ago, a geologist said.

The 300-mile-wide crater lies hidden more than a mile beneath a sheet of ice and was discovered by scientists using satellite data, Ohio State University geologist Ralph von Frese said Wednesday.

Von Frese said the satellite data suggests the crater could date back about 250 million years to the time of the Permian-Triassic extinction, when almost all animal life on Earth died, paving the way for dinosaurs to rise to prominence.

The crater was found in what's known as the Wilkes Land region of the East Antarctic Ice Sheet.

"This is a strong candidate for the cause of the extinction," von Frese told The Associated Press by phone from Ohio. "This Wilkes Land impact is much bigger than the impact that killed the dinosaurs, and probably would have caused catastrophic damage at the time."

Similar claims were made in 2004 when a team led by Luann Becker of the University of California reported that a crater off the northwest coast of Australia showed evidence of a large meteor impact at the time of the early extinction. That team relied heavily on core samples provided by an oil company drilling in the region as evidence for its findings.

The prevailing theory holds that the Permian-Triassic extinction was caused by a series of volcanic eruptions over thousands of years that buried what is now Siberia in molten rock and released tons of toxic gases into the atmosphere, changing the Earth's climate.

Von Frese - who announced his findings last month at an American Geophysical Union meeting in Baltimore - acknowledged his discovery lacks hard evidence. He said he wants to visit Antarctica to hunt for rocks at the base of the ice along the coast that could be dated.

"There is skepticism and people are asking where is the other evidence and where are the rocks," he said. "You do want to have other evidence. The strongest evidence would be rocks from the event, including meteorite fragments."

Von Frese's findings so far rely on data from a NASA satellite that can measure fluctuations in gravity fields beneath the ice. The data revealed a large area where the Earth's denser mantle layer bounced up into the planet's crust. This is what would happen in reaction to such a big impact - the planetary equivalent of a bump on the head, von Frese said.

When the scientists overlaid their gravity image with airborne radar images of the ground beneath the ice, they discovered imprints of lumps and ridges from the meteor that indicated impact. Von Frese has spent years studying similar impacts on the moon.

The crater's size and location, von Frese said, also indicated that it could have begun the breakup of the Gondwana supercontinent by creating a tectonic rift that pushed Australia northward.

Approximately 100 million years ago, Australia split from Gondwana and began drifting away from what is now Antarctica, pushed by the expansion of a rift valley into the eastern Indian Ocean, von Frese said.

06/08/06 01:54 EDT

Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. All active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.

After much searching the web for the last 2 days or so, I managed to find this which purports to show the impact site. The write up however is in Norwegian and hope there is somebody here who can translate it and tell us the gist of the article. Another Norwegian newspaper that says something about the meteorite is Nordly.

There is another write up at the Institute for Theoretical Astrophysics but again it is in Norwegian. At their English website there was practically nothing written about the meteorite.

Vulcan59 said:
After much searching the web for the last 2 days or so, I managed to find this which purports to show the impact site. The write up however is in Norwegian and hope there is somebody here who can translate it and tell us the gist of the article. Another Norwegian newspaper that says something about the meteorite is Nordly.

There is another write up at the Institute for Theoretical Astrophysics but again it is in Norwegian. At their English website there was practically nothing written about the meteorite.
I arbitrarily selected a search engine (MetaCrawler) and got some hits for
"Record meteorite hit Norway." For Google I got zip.

http://www.metacrawler.com/info.metac/search/web/Record%2Bmeteorite%2Bhit%2BNorway/1/-/1/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/1/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/417/top

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=%22Record+meteorite+hit+Norway%22&btnG=Google+Search

Looks like Alex "spiderboy" Jones is carrying the story
http://prisonplanet.com/articles/june2006/100606meteorite.htm

Is this meteorite a fragment of the comet fragments that were supposed to hit on the 6th somewhere in the Atlantic? It seems it impacted at a point of minimal damage. Maybe something was diverted, maybe it is a precourser of things to come with a hint that the degree of damange can be moderated (certainly not by our "space brothers" though).

If the media avoided this, it is most likely not part of the script as others said. It seems that it's not just ANY disaster that will do, but only ones on PTB scripts, which probably means they are threatened by it in some why. It will be interesting to see if this is an isolated incident or if we are in for more such "unscripted" events.

Vulcan59 said:

In short the articles tells about how people woke up in the night, and dogs started barking. At 02.13 in the night the trembles from the impact were registered at an earthquake-surveillance-center.

People tells about how they first heard a quick "blast", followed by rumbling sound. (Kinda like lightning, i guess) Meanwhile their houses shook and the curtains were blown in. Eyewitnesses tells that the first blast, occured when the meteor exploded and broke into smaller pieces. The second rumbling sound came at the impact. Others tell of the impact site with rocks blown to pieces, and how the trees had snapped and lay on the ground. Like the event in Russia, I don't recall the name.

An astronomer then guess about the size of the meteor, saying something like 10-12 kg. He then reacts against the comparison with the Hiroshima bomb, from other professionals, and tells that he thinks it is a big overstatement. And that generally the risk from meteors is miniscule.

And then finally we are told of NASA, who are keeping an eye on a large meteor, which possibly could hit Earth in 2036.

So again - nothing to see here - go back to sleep folks.

Hi birger,

Thanks for that translation. And I agree that the comparison with the Hiroshima bomb was definitely an overstatement. Compare the picture here of Hiroshima versus the impact site(assuming that it is the actual site)in Norway.

But to state that the general risk from meteors is miniscule is in my opinion, an understatement. Have a look here. And for more information, I can think of no better place than SOTT Supplements on Meteors, Asteroids, Comets, and NEOs

I agree that it is an understatement to call the meteor risk an understatement :/, especially when you take into account the SOTT supplement you mentioned.

Here is the article where the astronomer apologizes his overstatement.

Just a litte research and my thougts on this subject. Since I can't read Norwegian, I could not read all articles mentioned. I haven't had much luck with online translators, so if anyone can find a good online translator from Norwegian to English this would be much appreciated.

Knut J

Interesting. From what you've collected, it looks as if Knut saw what he saw, and, one way or another, is trying to stick to his guns about it, while being pressured to downplay the event. At least, this is what it looks like at this point. About the sound waves being loud enough to register seismically, I believe that is possible, but I have no references for you. I was just thinking of reports of windows rattling from sound alone - my mother has described this from low flying fighter jets from an airforce base, or even at concert events - the sound can reach a level that 'shakes' cars, rib cages, buildings. I could be displaying my ignorance, but it seems to me that the sound associated with this meteor was truly impressive, and that is evidenced by those sound waves actually shaking the ground enough to be picked up by seismometers. FWIW.

It's amazing how this issue is downplayed. That picture in the news article is that of green countryside with shards of volcanic or some type of rock. Come on people, a grenade or a stick of dynamite makes more of a crater than what was shown in the picture.

I think that there is a lot more to this than meets the eye. I am amazed that even BBC world news didn't carry that event which took place in a fellow european country.

I smell a coverup.

Could IT be falling down making a lot of noise then blow up (so we have the sound waves as evidence) BEFORE reaching the ground, so we would have no crater, just like they report there is none?

Back
Top Bottom