Meteorite Explodes Over Russia Injures Hundreds

Re: fireball over Russia 2013-2-15

MrEightFive said:
I think that thing is not a 'big' raindrop even. I.e. "we ain't seen nothin' yet".
We have cellular operator company among our clients, and today is hot day for us at work, because they have Data center and Contact center in Chelyabinsk. Hardware and communications still down now, they urge us to 'repare' asap, obviously they have no idea what is going on. It is the lesson for them and us all though...
Claim that they have 'fired rocket and break this thing up at 20 km altitude' sounds to me ridiculous to the extreme. It was a desperate attempt to 'coverup' at best.

I agree, we ain't seen nothin' yet. Cs predicted a couple small ones that would create a stir and then be quickly forgotten; just like a couple of raindrops can splash down before a storm begins.

The important thing to remember is that these things are localized. The main destructive features come from the effects on climate as well as the strong possibility/probability of importation of comet borne plagues to which humanity has little - if any - resistance. Comet-associated plagues have repeatedly taken out up to 80% or more of a given population and since it is airborne, no area, however isolated, is immune. The one thing that seems to be consistent throughout history is that those people on a high protein, low carb diet, seem more resistant. The Roman Empire collapsed under the Plague of Justinian mainly because their staple diet was bread and vegetables. There were a few comet impacts, dust veil events, climate change, etc, but the big killer was plague.

All of these things take time. Phase transitions at the global and/or cosmic scale aren't instant which is why all the propounders of the "End of the World in One Day" are totally wrong. Indeed, it could be the end of the world as we know it, but it will happen in stages and it began quite a few years ago - I would say 1985 - and little by little it has been building.

But, as I said, it's not where you are, it's who you are and what you SEE. If you can see the unseen, read the signs, you will know what to do.

Right on cue, "Sorcha Faal" launches the disinfo for the New Age crowd:

Russia Goes On High Alert After UFO Shoot-Down Injures Hundreds

_http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index1658.htm

Here is another nice video of it hurtling across the sky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sl_RknL9G-Q

yesterday weather.com put up this video
http://www.weather.com/video/asteroid-to-barely-miss-earth-34348

suddenly they are confessing that there are 1300 asteroids potentially hit. NASA can't divert them using fantasy technologies. But don't worry, NASA is watching. interspersed with Armageddon entertainment.

The area where the meteorite fell has the following background - a possible message from the universe?

from wikipedia

Chelyabinsk has had a long association (since the 1940s) with top-secret nuclear research, though this is more properly applicable to Chelyabinsk Oblast as a whole, as nuclear facilities such as Chelyabinsk-70 (Snezhinsk) are, or were, located far outside the city. A serious nuclear accident occurred in 1957 at the Mayak nuclear fuel reprocessing plant, 150 km north-west of the city, which caused deaths in Chelyabinsk Oblast but not in the city. The province was closed to all foreigners until 1992 other than a British medical team following a two train rail explosion in the mid 1980s.

I just saw this online :

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/europe/2013/02/201321574911235101.html

It seem that there was an metoer shower in Russia today.

About 400 people have been injured after a meteor streaked across the sky in central Russia, sending fireballs crashing to Earth, smashing windows and setting off car alarms.

Fragments of the meteor fell on Friday in a thinly populated area of the Chelyabinsk region, in the Ural Mountains region, the emergency ministry said in a statement.

"A meteorite disintegrated above the Urals [mountain range in central Russia], partially burning up in the lower atmosphere," the local office of the national emergencies ministry said in a statement.

"Fragments of the meteorite reached Earth, falling in sparsely populated areas in the Chelyabinsk region," it said.

Residents on their way to work in Chelyabinsk heard what sounded like an explosion, saw a bright light and then felt a
shockwave, according to a Reuters correspondent in the industrial city that is located about 1,500 km east of Moscow.

The meteorite raced across the horizon, leaving a long white trail in its wake which could be seen as far as 200 km away in Yekaterinburg. Car alarms went off, windows shattered and mobile phones worked only intermittently.

Chelyabinsk city authorities said about 400 people sought medical help, mainly for light injuries caused by flying glass.

Vadim Kolesnikov, an interior ministry spokesperson, said that most people had sought treatment for injuries from glass broken by the explosions. Kolsenikov also said about 6,000sq ft of a roof at a zinc factory had collapsed.

The emergencies ministry described Friday's events as a "meteor shower in the form of fireballs" and said background
radiation levels were normal. It urged residents not to panic.

Blinding flash

Amateur video broadcast on Russian television showed an object speeding across the sky at about 9:20am local time (03:20 GMT), leaving a thick white contrail and an intense flash.

Television footage showed morning traffic grinding to a quick halt as a blinding flash lit up the blue sky, causing some to huddle in buildings for safety.

Windows were shattered on Chelyabinsk's central Lenin Street and some of the frames of shop fronts buckled. A loud noise, resembling an explosion, rang out at around 9.20am. The shockwave could be felt in apartment buildings in the industrial city's centre.

The emergencies ministry confirmed that cellular telephone communications were temporarily cut in the wake of the incident.

Officials said a part of the meteorite fell 80km from the town of Satki, itself 100km west of the regional centre.

Schools were closed for the day across the region after the impact blew out windows of buildings and temperatures had plunged in central Russia to -18 degrees Celsius (0 degrees Fahrenheit).

Most of those injured were treated for minor cuts and bruises from shattered glass, the local police department told the RIA Novosti news agency.

The Chelyabinsk region is Russia's industrial heartland, filled with smoke-chugging factories and other huge facilities that include a nuclear power plant and the massive Mayak atomic waste storage and treatment centre.

A spokesman for Rosatom, the Russian nuclear energy state corporation, said that its operations remained unaffected.

The defence ministry said it had sent soldiers "to the sites of impact", the AFP news agency reported.

Would something like this be more common in future? :scared:

Thank you

KO SMO?!

Another well know disfo site have also predictably picked up on the attempted spin to this event, Godlikeproductions, relying on this article statement on the RT website that

According to unconfirmed reports, the meteorite was intercepted by an air defense unit at the Urzhumka settlement near Chelyabinsk. A missile salvo blew the meteorite to pieces at an altitude of 20 kilometers, local newspaper Znak reports quoting a source in the military.

The regional Emergency Ministry denied that military air defenses were involved in the incident.

Regnum news agency quoted a military source who claimed that the vapor condensation trail of the meteorite speaks to the fact that the meteorite was intercepted by air defenses.

_http://rt.com/news/meteorite-crash-urals-chelyabinsk-283/

Ko smo said:
Would something like this be more common in future? :scared:

Thank you

KO SMO?!

Most probably, but when is still open.

Read for example this book that was suggested earlier, where Laura brings up many facts and connections of comet activity in past history:

mkrnhr said:
macyk said:
What is Hom, Laura? I want to read it. I am russian boy of course/ sorry my English is not good
http://www.amazon.com/Comets-Horns-@%5B100002010296779:2048:Moses%5D-Laura-Knight-Jadczyk/dp/1897244835/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1360921879&sr=8-1&keywords=The+horns+of+Moses

or

Celestial Intentions: Comets and the Horns of Moses as an introduction.

Or for the beginning have a look here too of the commet series (commets and catastrophes) on sott (which can be found on the left side bar of sott.net), i.e.:

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/160925-Tunguska-Psychopathy-and-the-Sixth-Extinction

http://www.theverge.com/2013/2/15/3991132/russia-meteorite-explosion-reported

Article with videos;

" Reports from the Russian region of the Ural Mountains suggest that a meteor may have exploded 10,000 meters above the ground this morning. YouTube videos show loud blasts and bright objects falling from the sky, and an emergency official told Reuters that "It was definitely not a plane. We are gathering the bits of information and have no data on the casualties so far." The incident occurred in Chelyabinsk, about 1,500 kilometers (930 miles) east of Moscow.

"Preliminary indications are that it was a meteorite rain," said an emergency official speaking to RIA-Novosti. "We have information about a blast at 10,000-meter (32,800-foot) altitude. It is being verified." There are conflicting reports on what happened: an emergency ministry spokeswoman told the Associated Press that there was a meteor shower, but another account given to Interfax reported a single meteorite. Citing a Russian Interior Ministry spokesperson, the AP says that over 500 people have been injured, many by broken glass

Local accounts provided to Reuters tell of burning objects in the sky followed by huge blasts that shattered windows and set off car alarms. The video above shows a bright white streak recorded from a dash-mounted camera, and below we see and hear closer evidence of the blast, with the white streak in the sky leading to a massive explosion — be warned, the video is loud. Many Russian drivers keep cameras on their dashboard in order to ensure evidence in the event of a traffic incident "

Kaigen said:
Very nice and clear to see. Very bright!

http://youtu.be/7c-0iwBEswE

Wow, that's really bright and very close...

I'm finding this interesting because an incoming asteroid was "supposed" to miss us by 17,150 miles today.

Huge news indeed. That explosion was a goosebump-maker.

Laura said:
The one thing that seems to be consistent throughout history is that those people on a high protein, low carb diet, seem more resistant.

I take it you mean high fat diet and not high protein?

The latest from the live feed on RT.com

13:20 GMT: The number of people injured in the meteorite blast has risen to 950, Governor of Chelyabinsk Region Mikhail Yurevitch said.

13:10 GMT: Roscosmos said they did not track the meteorite that fell near Chelyabinsk. “Our ground facilities and, as I understand, those abroad too did not the monitor this celestial body,” the agency spokesman said.

13:02 GMT: Nearly 3,000 buildings in Chelyabinsk were damaged to varying extents by the meteor shower, including 34 medical facilities and 361 schools and kindergartens, the city administration’s website reported. The total amount of window glass shattered amounts to 100,000 square meters, the site said, citing city administration head Sergey Davydov.

12:52 GMT: The meteorite’s combustion products won’t stay in the atmosphere for long, and will soon come down with the rain, Russian scientists said. The 50-ton meteorite is believed to have caused no radioactive or chemical pollution.

Chelyabinsk is a city of 1.1 million people according to Wikipedia, so not sparsely populated as I read in a Danish newspaper.

iedfb84720941e04035dbd4c87eda873b_1.jpg

A hole in Chebarkul Lake made by meteorite debris. Photo by Chebarkul town head Andrey Orlov.

parallel said:

Laura said:
The one thing that seems to be consistent throughout history is that those people on a high protein, low carb diet, seem more resistant.

As we know, yes. But all the observers who were recording noted was that certain tribes and groups ate a lot of meat and were not involved with agriculture.

Laura said:
parallel said:

Laura said:

As we know, yes. But all the observers who were recording noted was that certain tribes and groups ate a lot of meat and were not involved with agriculture.
Ok thanks, only halfway through HoM, will speed up the reading chunks now.

Back
Top Bottom