Migun, Far Infrared, and Negative Ion Therapy

On Monday, the delivery of my Higher Dose Infrared Blanket finally arrived. Unfortunately, I only managed to try it out today and I have to say, I really really hope that there will still be power in the ice age. :love:

It is wonderful to lie so comfortably wrapped and relax. There is unfortunately no degree indication in the Higher can, but only 9 different levels. I opted for level 5, because I just like the number. It was completely enough. The control is set so that it goes off by itself after 60 min. 10 min lasts the preheating time and then I got in. At first I only felt the pleasant heat and felt after half the time I began to sweat, at the same time my heartbeat has increased a little. About the same as in a classic sauna.

I couldn't stand it anymore after about 55 minutes and ended the session. My jogging suit was really wet sweat. My body still vibrated a bit like very lightly for some time and I had a very perfused skin all over my body.

Overall it was a very good feeling. After the shower I felt like I had been at the gym.
Thank you for this suggestion, since you can not visit a sauna at the moment, this is a great alternative. And all the other benefits discussed in this thread. :love:I can only recommend it. Thumbs up :thup:
Hi Mililea, I also received my Higher Dose blanket about 2 weeks ago and have used it twice. I also decided on the 5 setting which worked well for me, tolerable and received a good sweat. The one hour time limit was all I could handle so that worked well also. I have the notion an icy cold shower would be good after this but its a hard one for me to accomplish. The velcro that holds the blanket together is exceptionally strong and can be a bit difficult to open which is my only semi complaint. Its good to hear its working well for you. I'm also hoping we don't loose electricity anytime soon. Then a traditional sweat lodge will be the thing to do I guess!

Hi Mililea, I also received my Higher Dose blanket about 2 weeks ago and have used it twice. I also decided on the 5 setting which worked well for me, tolerable and received a good sweat. The one hour time limit was all I could handle so that worked well also. I have the notion an icy cold shower would be good after this but its a hard one for me to accomplish. The velcro that holds the blanket together is exceptionally strong and can be a bit difficult to open which is my only semi complaint. Its good to hear its working well for you. I'm also hoping we don't loose electricity anytime soon. Then a traditional sweat lodge will be the thing to do I guess!

My Higher Dose blanket came this week, too! I've used it twice, once on level 4, once on level 5. I didn't get sweaty either time, but the sensation was really wonderful. I put on some Gurdjieff/de Hartmann music and got deep into relaxation. Afterwards my body felt great, with a slight tingle of energy. It came at a good time, too, as I'm putting in long hours pruning my fruit trees, and removing dead accumulated wood from the conifers on my property to keep the threat of wildfire low. It's been some good post-winter activity to get in shape for the farming season. And then to lay back and relax in my techno sweat lodge after a long day in the returning sun was a real treat!

If you ever try a sweat lodge, please don't use plastic tarps to cover it, natural materials only. The tarps heat up and then off gas the worst kind of toxins - there are even stories of people dying from building a lodge in their backyard this way.

If you ever try a sweat lodge, please don't use plastic tarps to cover it, natural materials only. The tarps heat up and then off gas the worst kind of toxins - there are even stories of people dying from building a lodge in their backyard this way.
Haha! Good news, good to hear. Yes, the story about people dying from that toxic sweat in Angel Valley, Arizona comes to mind. What a nightmare. Buffalo hides are probably the best choice. :lol: I visited Angel Valley a few years before the tragedy to see the supposed ancient crystal skull, Mitchel Hedges. They nearly went bankrupt after that sweat fiasco.

The new blanket is doing a fine job so far.

For what its worth, the majority of detoxification which occurs whilst/after being in a FIR sauna is actually not the skin. The skin might contribute 20-25% of "clearance", but the majority of bad stuff is liberated into the blood, where it will then go to the liver and out through the gut or kidney.

If you definitely want to sweat, then you could try having a hot shower or footsoak/bath beforehand. Sweating is not necessary for the benefits though

I'd just like to add that I really really enjoy hot coffee in the morning or hot tea in the evening when saunaing. The hot beverages rather quickly bring me to the sweat break point and although it is not necessary I find the sweating to be quite enjoyable.

Since I was interested in how many degrees the Higher Dose Infrarot Blanket reaches approximately and I did not find it in the description, I simply wrote to the company.

The answer was: the temperatures range between 68 and 158 degrees Fahrenheit which is about 20 - 70 degrees Celsius.

Just in case you are also interested. I think we already got the right one with our level 5. :thup:

Since I was interested in how many degrees the Higher Dose Infrarot Blanket reaches approximately and I did not find it in the description, I simply wrote to the company.

The answer was: the temperatures range between 68 and 158 degrees Fahrenheit which is about 20 - 70 degrees Celsius.

Just in case you are also interested. I think we already got the right one with our level 5. :thup:

Did you get two, one for each of you and your husband?

Did you get two, one for each of you and your husband?
The investment for two was too high for me to start with. I want to test it first. Mainly because I don't know if my husband will fit in it because he can't stretch his legs out straight anymore due to his years of wheelchair use. Also whether we will really use it so often that two blankets are worthwhile. But we will see. The idea of lying warmly wrapped up next to each other like in a spa is tempting. ;-)

The investment for two was too high for me to start with. I want to test it first. Mainly because I don't know if my husband will fit in it because he can't stretch his legs out straight anymore due to his years of wheelchair use. Also whether we will really use it so often that two blankets are worthwhile. But we will see. The idea of lying warmly wrapped up next to each other like in a spa is tempting. ;-)

How is it for your husband laying down? I'm thinking you could perhaps open up the blanket, and lay it over top of him. It wouldn't be the same as being wrapped up like a burrito, but I think it would still confer some good healing benefit to him.

Finally unboxed my HigherDose blanket. Cranked it up to level 5, some muscle strains flared up a bit, didn't really sweat any. Slight headache about an hour afterwards. We'll see what happens with consistent use and kicking it up a few more notches. Need to have good music playing and just chill with it instead of trying to read or watch TV.

@iamthatis Oooohhh, please excuse me, I completely overlooked the fact that you had replied. :umm: So far he hasn't wanted to try it yet. He's a bit heavy handed about things like that and I don't think he really believes in the effect. I rave about it to him every time after I've been in it.
It has to be said that because of his muscle disease he doesn't like to have "heavy" things lying on him.

So I just keep doing it for myself and enjoy it very much. :love:

@cinnamon I have never gone higher than level 5 (I have also the Higher Dose) that is really warm enough for me. I always take zeolite and alpha lipoic acid beforehand and it works really well. As far as I understand, it doesn't necessarily depend on the strength of the sweating either. :flowers:

Finally unboxed my HigherDose blanket. Cranked it up to level 5, some muscle strains flared up a bit, didn't really sweat any. Slight headache about an hour afterwards. We'll see what happens with consistent use and kicking it up a few more notches. Need to have good music playing and just chill with it instead of trying to read or watch TV.
About a month in on this whole sauna blanket and deliberately seeking to sweat thing.

Level 4 seems to be about the sweet spot and the sauna blanket is now my 'happy place' on quiet Friday evenings.

Around the same time, I got back into aerial silks - the local aerial studio is in a warehouse without A/C - let's just say that it can get quite warm in there, especially on a sunny Florida summer day at about 95 degrees. Last Sunday they only had one door open, making the ventilation much worse than usual; I would guess that it got up to about 110 degrees in there while we were working out that afternoon and I dropped about 5 lbs in sweat.

Between these two - I think my little alcohol problem has been largely cured with sweating out whatever toxins - have had my longest sober streak in five years and absolutely zero desire to get into anything alcoholic.

I'm going to revive this thread.
How's everyone doing with their choice of FIR Sauna Blanket?
I've been researching which brand would be best for Canadian resident and, after reading many "Best List" or "Blog Reviews", I came up to the conclusion that :
  • Heat Healer was the best deal for the price/quality. Made of a special fabric heat & fire resistant.
  • LifePro did not reach the highest temperature pretended.
  • HigherDOSE ends up more expensive because it's in USD + import duty fees
  • Hydragun is Canadian but more expensive than Heat Healer (which has a sale at the moment)
I've contacted Heat Healer Sunday night, but I still haven't heard back from them after 4 days. I'm not sure why, although it does not bode good for their customer service's quality.
If anyone has a Heat Healer, let me know your appreciation level.

Heat Healer finally contacted me on Friday night. They had not seen my first email, so I did well to write back Friday pm.
They offered me a 40% discount on their unit, and also note that the price shown is final (no taxes added in the cart).
So for anyone interested but waiting because of the steep price, don't be shy and write them to ask if they can offer you this discount.

I will update with my progress once I start my detox program paired with the HBOT and diet.

I received my HeatHealer blanket and I'm very happy with it. It's very well made, good quality materials, and it really gets as hot as claimed. I'm happy I took the time to read many reviews for different brands.

I don't know if there are any health benefits from the jade stones in this context, but it's a nice add-on nonetheless.
The C's once mentioned that Jade is beneficial, so who knows...

Q: (Andrian) Do the baoding balls...

(L) What the hell are baoding balls? [Laughter]

(Andrian) ...have health benefits?

A: Yes

Q: (Andrian) If so, what would be the optimal material of which the baoding balls are to be made?

A: Jade.

A very noteworthy info about HeatHealer is that, once the 3-year warranty period ends, you are eligible for a Lifetime Trade-in policy : you may trade-in your existing sauna blanket for a 50% discount on a new sauna blanket purchase. It's not stated who pay shipping. It says to email them directly for more info.

Back
Top Bottom