Migun, Far Infrared, and Negative Ion Therapy

Hi,
Anyone know if this infrared heat lamps or cacoon ones help with firming up the skin of the body?
Like tightening the skin up after weigh lose?
i was reading the beginning of the thread and it mentions this part:
Beauty: Excellent for increasing blood circulation to the skin which is essential for beautiful, youthful, glowing skin!

A new “inner glow” as the skin is free of accumulated dirt and dry skin cells, due to deep cleansing of impurities!

* Help for acne, eczema, psoriasis, burns and any skin lesions or cuts.

* Open wounds heal quicker with reduced scarring.

* Removes roughness, leaving skin baby smooth and soft again.

* Firms and improves skin tone and elasticity.

* Scars on skin: Scars fully formed, even Keloids, may be gradually softened. Burns and other wounds or incisions may heal with significantly reduced scarring.

thanks.

My get-fitt FI blanket stopped working years ago so I bought a get-fitt mat since I can't afford their new blankets (which are really expensive). Now I know they sell FI blankets on Amazon (like that one) for a reasonable price but I've been hesitant to buy one as I'm not sure about their quality and their efficiency. Has anyone tried those cheaper blankets, and what's been your experience with them?

My get-fitt FI blanket stopped working years ago so I bought a get-fitt mat since I can't afford their new blankets (which are really expensive). Now I know they sell FI blankets on Amazon (like that one) for a reasonable price but I've been hesitant to buy one as I'm not sure about their quality and their efficiency. Has anyone tried those cheaper blankets, and what's been your experience with them?
Yeah, their products are quite expensive. I bought this FI blanket, and it seems to work fine: Portable Infrared Sauna Blanket

I have been wondering about one thing. The first time I used it with the default temp, I think it was around 40-45 degrees Celsius, I didn't sweat. It was just pleasantly warm. So, I figured I don't sweat that easily, and I increased the temp next time to 50 degrees Celsius for about an hour. I did sweat that time, and I felt much better afterwards. Then, the next week I did the same thing, but didn't sweat. I then left it for a few weeks and then did it again, and then I did sweat again. :huh: So, maybe the longer the time between two sessions, the likelier I'll sweat (more toxins to release perhaps). But maybe it doesn't matter, and I should just keep using it regularly.

Also, when I sweat, it usually happens in the last 10-15 minutes. Is this normal? Or is it because the blanket takes a while before it actually reaches the temperature that's been set? I'm guessing every person is different and will respond differently. I do feel good after every session.

Sometimes I sweat, sometimes I don't. Same with Ark. We always use the same temp - 44C - so I have no idea what is the reason. I don't "sweat it", we just carry on and do it regularly.

Sometimes I sweat, sometimes I don't. Same with Ark. We always use the same temp - 44C - so I have no idea what is the reason. I don't "sweat it", we just carry on and do it regularly.
Thanks Laura, I'll do the same!

Yeah, their products are quite expensive. I bought this FI blanket, and it seems to work fine: Portable Infrared Sauna Blanket

I have been wondering about one thing. The first time I used it with the default temp, I think it was around 40-45 degrees Celsius, I didn't sweat. It was just pleasantly warm. So, I figured I don't sweat that easily, and I increased the temp next time to 50 degrees Celsius for about an hour. I did sweat that time, and I felt much better afterwards. Then, the next week I did the same thing, but didn't sweat. I then left it for a few weeks and then did it again, and then I did sweat again. :huh: So, maybe the longer the time between two sessions, the likelier I'll sweat (more toxins to release perhaps). But maybe it doesn't matter, and I should just keep using it regularly.

Also, when I sweat, it usually happens in the last 10-15 minutes. Is this normal? Or is it because the blanket takes a while before it actually reaches the temperature that's been set? I'm guessing every person is different and will respond differently. I do feel good after every session.
For what its worth, the majority of detoxification which occurs whilst/after being in a FIR sauna is actually not the skin. The skin might contribute 20-25% of "clearance", but the majority of bad stuff is liberated into the blood, where it will then go to the liver and out through the gut or kidney.

If you definitely want to sweat, then you could try having a hot shower or footsoak/bath beforehand. Sweating is not necessary for the benefits though

For what its worth, the majority of detoxification which occurs whilst/after being in a FIR sauna is actually not the skin. The skin might contribute 20-25% of "clearance", but the majority of bad stuff is liberated into the blood, where it will then go to the liver and out through the gut or kidney.

If you definitely want to sweat, then you could try having a hot shower or footsoak/bath beforehand. Sweating is not necessary for the benefits though
I also don't sweat much and thought it is not working even if I took more water. Thank you for clarifying.

I have just seen this thread and am totally astounded at the benefits I've seen listed here. It's like - is there ANYTHING that this won't help with? What an incredible healing modality!

I am thinking to get the HigherDOSE blanket. It has good reviews, and is in the medium price range, which I can just afford.

Here's hoping the mail system from the USA to Canada holds up and I can get it shipped with no hitches.

I'm glad to see there are new posts in this thread. I'm ready to buy a blanket and I've started looking at the options. The HigherDose looks like good quality and this site has a offer for $75 off with the code. I'm intending to use this for several people so something that will last and do the job is important.

To purchase the HigherDose Sauna Blanket click here and use coupon code KETOTWINS75 for $75 off! Shipping is free but Taxes are $35!
Total price for me $460. The black one ships mid Feb.

Here is another site offering the same blanket. Shipping is free and maybe quicker then the Higherdose site.

I'm glad to see there are new posts in this thread. I'm ready to buy a blanket and I've started looking at the options. The HigherDose looks like good quality and this site has a offer for $75 off with the code. I'm intending to use this for several people so something that will last and do the job is important.

I was also thinking about buying such a blanket. I have read that it can also help with full-grown e.g. celloid scars to keep the skin softer. My daughter had a scalding accident as a small child and therefore had scars almost all over her body. Could this possibly help her a little?
And my husband is a wheelchair user and often has to deal with cold feet/legs and shortened tendons due to the constant sitting. Could it also be helpful in such a case? However, he also has heart problems and diabetes and takes tablets for it. Would it be better to consult a doctor first and ask?
I myself would want to use it for detoxification and relaxation. :cool2:
I have looked at all the links here and am actually leaning towards the Higher Dose as well. I think it's a middle ground between cheap and very expensive.

I was also thinking about buying such a blanket. I have read that it can also help with full-grown e.g. celloid scars to keep the skin softer. My daughter had a scalding accident as a small child and therefore had scars almost all over her body. Could this possibly help her a little?
And my husband is a wheelchair user and often has to deal with cold feet/legs and shortened tendons due to the constant sitting. Could it also be helpful in such a case? However, he also has heart problems and diabetes and takes tablets for it. Would it be better to consult a doctor first and ask?
I myself would want to use it for detoxification and relaxation. :cool2:
I have looked at all the links here and am actually leaning towards the Higher Dose as well. I think it's a middle ground between cheap and very expensive.

I'm unsure if your daughter's scars would disappear, at least not in the short-term. However, these blankets help to detox at a deep level, so the entire body should begin functioning more smoothly once a certain level of poisons are released. That could mean the scars clear up in the long run. If you haven't seen it, over at the DMSO thread, there is information about DMSO helping clear up scars and scar tissue in certain cases. DMSO safety precautions are a must.

Consulting a doctor about your husband's heart and diabetes issues and FIR therapy may be useful - maybe not. Depends on the doctor.

FIR has been used to treat many ailments, including poor circulation and diabetes, as well as circulatory system issues (and just about everything under the sun). I don't remember anything about heart conditions specifically - it depends on what your husband's condition is. So some further research on your part is probably required, to see if this treatment matches his particular condition. It does look promising, though!

Here's one of the basic primers on what FIR does in the body, and the various ailments it has been used to treat (page 2 of this thread contains numerous accounts). There may well be more information available now (this thread began in 2008).

FAR INFRARED

WHAT IS FAR INFRARED (FIR) ?

It is a specific wave length of light from the sun. Among the rays coming from the sun, the FIR waves are the safest and the most beneficial. Radiant heat is simply a form of energy that heats objects directly through a process called conversion, without having to heat the air in between. Radiant heat is also called infrared energy (IR). The infrared segment of the electromagnetic spectrum is divided into three segments by wave length, measured in microns or micrometers (a micron = 1/1,000,000 meter); .076-1.5 microns = near or close; 1.5-5.6 = middle or intermediate; 5.6-1000 = far or long- wave infrared. The infrared segment of the electromagnetic spectrum occurs just below or “infra” to red light as the next lowest energy band of light. This band of light is not visible to human eyes but can be seen by special cameras that translate infrared into colors visible to our eyes. We can, however, feel this type of light which we perceive as heat.

The sun is the principal source of radiant energy that we experience daily. Have you ever been outside on a partly cloudy spring day of about 50 degrees and felt quite comfortable until suddenly the sun was obscured by a cloud? Although the air temperature had not had time to drop, you felt chilled, as the cloud would not let the warming infrared rays through to reach you. The infrared heat in the Hot House is just like the heat from our sun or that which our own bodies produce as they burn fuel to keep us warm. These rays are selectively absorbed by the tissues needing a boost in their output. The internal production of infrared energy that normally occurs within our tissues is associated with a variety of healing resources. After boosting a tissue’s level to maximum, the remaining rays pass onward harmlessly. This phenomenon is called “resonant absorption.”

WHAT DOES IT DO ?

• Elevates the temperature of subcutaneous layers, thus expanding blood capillaries, stimulating blood circulation, increasing metabolism between blood and tissue, promoting tissue regeneration and reducing cramping.

• Penetrates 4-5 centimeters into the dermis (middle layer of skin) from muscles into blood vessels, lymphatic glands and nerves.

• Affects every living cell and produces warmth. Through this cell tissue” micro-friction” and the vibration of molecular resonance, chemicals within cells are activated.

• The warming effect is helpful in eliminating such things as the waste products generated by aging, heavy metals and toxic substances, which are then secreted by the sweat and dermis-layer fat glands.

• Adjusts the autonomic nerve function and reduces the over-stimulation of sensory nerves.

When FIR penetrates our bodies it can be converted into the appropriate energy. This activates the self-regulating systems in our living tissue so as to alleviate the bodily imbalance and lead to recovery. It is not only a beneficial health therapy, but can also be a substitute for other therapeutic modalities. Because of its heat penetration property,

FIR radiates to the meridian points of the body.

FAR INFRARED BENEFITS

• Far Infrared emits photons

• Photons help release enzymes

• Enzymes stimulate macrophage activity increasing the elimination of damaged and diseased tissues

• Nitric oxide is released which expands capillaries and increases circulation

One of the reasons FIR has beneficial results in a variety of illnesses is the ability of FIR waves to remove toxins, which are often at the core of many health problems. Numerous toxins are stored in our bodies. Toxic gases may be encapsulated by clusters of water. Where these toxins are accumulated, blood circulation is blocked and cellular energy is impaired. When a 10 micron FIR wave is applied to these large water molecules, the water begins to vibrate, which reduces the ion bonds of the atoms which are holding together the molecules of water. As the breakdown of the water molecules occurs, encapsulated gases and other toxic materials are released.

MAJOR STUDIES OF FAR INFRARED ENERGY

Summary from Therapeutic Heat and Cold, 4th Ed., ED Justus F. Lehmann M.D. Generally it is accepted that heat produces the following desirable therapeutic effects:

• It increases the extensibility of collagen tissues.

• It decreases joint stiffness directly.

• It relieves muscle spasms.

• It produces pain relief.

• It increases blood flow.

• It assists in resolution of inflammatory infiltrates, edema and exudates.

• More recently, it has been used in cancer therapy.

Dr. Otto Warburg was nominated for the Nobel Prize in 1944 for research concerning photosynthesis in connection with the chemotherapeutics of cancer and the use of x-rays. His research has shown that infrared impacts cancer.

Dr. Masao Nakamura of the O & P Medical Clinic in Japan has reported great success with the use of Far Infrared treatment for:

• Whiplash

• Menopause

• Shoulder stiffness

• Rheumatism

• Sciatica

• Arthritis

• Insomnia

• Acne

• Ear diseases

• Gastroenteric problems Researchers reported over 90% success in a summary of Chinese studies that assessed the effect of Far Infrared on:

• Soft tissue injury

• Lumbar strain

• Sciatica

• Eczema with infection

• Cholecystitis

• Pelvic infection

• Tinea

• Neurodermatitis

• Diarrhea

• Neurasthenia

• Pediatric pneumonia

• Menstrual pain

• Periarthritis of the shoulder

• Post-surgical infections

• Facial paralysis (Bell’s Palsy)

• Frostbite with inflammation

Substances harmful to the human body are excreted through sweat and oil glands, such as carcinogenic heavy metals, toxic substances from food processing, lactic acid, nonesterified fatty acids, fat and subcutaneous fat which cause fatigue and aging, as well as hypertension caused by sodium ions which trigger uric acid pain.

FAR INFRARED RAYS PRODUCE THERAPEUTIC EFFECTS IN THE FOLLOWING: CONDITIONS AFFECTED BY CIRCULATION

Increases blood flow by promoting dilation of capillaries

• Diabetes

• Poor peripheral circulation

• Arthritis

• Rheumatism • Hypertension

• Clogged capillary vessels

• Arteriosclerosis

• High blood pressure

• Low blood pressure

• Coronary artery disease

• Sciatica

• Backaches

• Hemorrhoids

• Nervous tension

• Varicose veins

• Neuritis

• Bursitis

• Strained muscles

• Fatigue

• Stretch marks

• Menstrual cramps

• Upset stomach • Piles

INFLAMMATORY INFILTRATES, EDEMA AND EXUDATES

• Edema of the joints

• Inflammation of joints

• Tendinitis • Sprain • Joint stiffness

• Peripheral Occlusive Disease

• Gout

PAIN RELIEF

• Neuralgia

• Headache

• Pain during menstruation

• May lead to increased endorphin production, which reduces pain JOINTS

• Assists in reduction of swelling and inflammation by improving lymph flow

• Decreases joint stiffness directly PROBLEMS THAT OFTEN ACCOMPANY AGING

• High blood pressure

• Rheumatism

• Rheumatoid arthritis

• Pain which affects ability to sleep

• Menopause

• Cold hands & feet

• Radiation sickness

• Sequelae of strokes

• Leg ulcers

• Insomnia

• Benign prostatic hypertrophy

• Pain from a metal joint implant

• Speeds healing of joint implants

• Compression fracture pain IMMUNE SYSTEM

• Pelvic infection

• Post-surgical infection

• Toe-and-finger-nail fungus

• Scleraderma (an autoimmune disease where collagen builds up and healing cannot take place because the circulation can’t get to the area due to the buildup of the collagen). Infrared energy appears capable of potentiating functions of white blood cells. More white blood cells means greater immune function and resistance to disease and viruses. There is an immune response facilitated by the photons of the

FIR technology that turns on the enzyme system, particularly the nitric oxide synthase enzyme. It is well established medically that this is the mechanism involved in the FIR technology.

CELLS

• Attracts calcium ions to the cellular level.

• Promotes adhesion and osmosis of water molecules across the cellular membrane.

• Stimulates enzyme activity.

BRAIN & NEUROSYSTEM

• Short-term memory improved

• Accelerated repair in brain contusions

• Cerebral hemorrhages - healing both speeds up and is significantly enhanced

COLLAGEN TISSUES

• Ligaments

• Joint capsules

• Tendons

• Fascia Synovium

• Increases range of motion

• Scarred, thickened or contracted tissues

• Increases extensibility of collagen tissues

SKIN CONDITIONS

• Clogged pores.

• Poor skin tone.

• Open wounds

• Laceration

• Body odor

• Loosens dead outer skin

• Eczema

• Psoriasis

• Aging skin

• Chapping

• Chillblains

• Frostbite

• Rashes

• Removes roughness

• Improves skin tone

• Nettle rash

• Neurodermatitis

• Leg & Decubitus ulcers improved when previously resistant to other care

• Dandruff - due to increased blood flow through the scalp

• Burns - Scars and pain from burns and wounds are decreased in severity and extent. FIR therapy is used routinely in burn units throughout Asia.

• Keloids - significantly softened and in some cases completely gone

• Acne - FIR may open pores that have not been functioning in years

• Sunburn - FIR radiations are the only antidote to excessive ultraviolet radiation, according to Clayton’s Electrotherapy, Ninth Ed. BODY ACIDITY

• Reduces acidity in the body (FIR causes fruit to ripen faster by reducing acidity) Over acidity, which can become a dangerous condition that weakens all body systems, is very common today. It gives rise to an internal environment conducive to disease, as opposed to a pH-balanced environment which allows normal body function necessary for the body to resist disease. A healthy body maintains adequate alkaline reserves to meet emergency demands.

NERVES

• Neuresthenia

• Adjusts autonomic nerve function

• Reduces over-stimulation of sensory nerves

CARDIOVASCULAR

• Atherosclerosis (thickening of artery walls due to fatty deposits)

• Septic shock (dangerous drop of blood pressure) Due to the deep penetration over 1-1/2" into the skin of the infrared rays generated by the FIR dome, there is a healing effect deep in the muscular tissues and the internal organs. The body responds to this deep healing affect as a hypothalamic-induced increase in both heart volume and rate. Research by NASA in the early 1980's led to the conclusion that infrared stimulation of cardiovascular function would be the ideal way to maintain cardiovascular conditioning in American astronauts during long space flights. As the body works to cool itself, there is a substantial increase in heart rate, cardiac output and metabolic rate, and blood flow rises.

CANCER • Cancer therapy • Radiation sickness - relieves signs & symptoms • Cancer pain - relieved in later stages of cancer • FIR heat can penetrate through the body and kill cancerous cells Cancerous cells cannot exist if blood circulation is smooth. Good circulation in the capillaries leaves no room for a cancerous cell to settle down. (A cancerous cell has to settle down so it can proliferate.) FIR helps capillaries to expand, improving circulation. The cancer cell also has a weakness: heat above 42 deg C can kill it. FIR heat can penetrate through the body and kill cancerous cells. FIR treatment raises body temperature. FIR therapy can alleviate pain and prolong life when conventional cancer treatment fails. Surgery, radiotherapy and chemotherapy are considered detrimental to health - they are invasive treatments. FIR therapy and immuno-therapy are regarded as non-invasive. FIR is extremely beneficial.

MUSCULOSKELETAL

• Arthritis

• Accel-decel injury sequelae

• Brain contusion

• Lumbago

• Relieves muscle spasms

• TMJ arthritis

• Cramping

• Whiplash

• Lumbar strain

• Muscle tension

• Spinal cord shock

• Post-exercise muscle pain

• Bursitis

• Muscle spasms

• Knee injuries

• Paralysis

• Sciatica

• Neuralgia

• Abnormal nerve functions

• Back, shoulder, neck and muscle pain

• Facial paralysis (Bell’s Palsy)

• Reduces muscle spasms as muscle fibers are heated

• Great for warming up before exercise

SOFT TISSUE

• Soft tissue injuries - promotes relief in chronic cases Accelerated healing in newer injuries

• Auto accident-related soft tissue injury Cellulite

• Aids in regeneration of tissue

• Reduces soreness through direct action on nerve endings in tissues and on periphery

WEIGHT LOSS

• Direct excretion of fat.

• Burns calories

• Increases metabolism

Weight loss can come through the energy use needed to produce sweating. Cellulite (a gel-like substance made up of fat, water and wastes, which are trapped in pockets below the skin) A FIR dome will assist this condition, as profuse sweating helps clear it from the body. FIR heat can be significantly more effective than other heat methods, due to the heat penetration being twice the depth into cellulite.

Warming Up to Far Infrared

References Infrared’s Effect on Dentistry and the Immune System, John L. Tate, DDS.

Far-Infrared - Technologies That Harness the Sun, Valerie H. Free, Complimentary Healing.

Warming up to Far-Infrared, D.J. Fletcher, Alternative Medicine, Jan. 2001. Infrared Thermal System, Dr. Aaron M.Flickstein, Thermal Life Infrared.

The Healing Rays of Far-Infrared, Hsin Ten Enterprises.

Augmentation of Wound Healing Using Monochromatic Infrared Energy, Lon R.Horwitz, DPM, CWS; Thomas J. Burke, PhD; Dale Carnegie, DPM, Advances in Wound Care, Jan./Feb.1999.

Medical Report, HotHouse FIR Health Builder.

Clayton’s Electrotherapy, Ninth Ed.

Therapeutic Heat and Cold, 4th Ed, ED, Justus F. Lehmann, M.D.

The Science of Far Infrared Therapies, Toshiko Yamazaki, M.D.

Wow, that's good for quite a few things. I think I'm convinced. :lol::clap:
I'm unsure if your daughter's scars would disappear
As for my daughter's scars, the accident happened 16 years ago and they were second and third degree burns. We are under no illusions, the scars will be there forever. But they are also in your list as an indication, and I could imagine that there is relief for celloids and thicker strands, as the skin may be better supplied with blood and thus softer. It is worth a try.

My husband has about half of the indications listed, so for him such a blanket would really be an asset I think.
Thank you very much for your answer, it helped me a lot. :hug2:
I find it always nicer to hear from someone who already has experience with the product and not just the advertising pages of the manufacturers. They can promise a lot. ;-)

Wow, that's good for quite a few things. I think I'm convinced. :lol::clap:

As for my daughter's scars, the accident happened 16 years ago and they were second and third degree burns. We are under no illusions, the scars will be there forever. But they are also in your list as an indication, and I could imagine that there is relief for celloids and thicker strands, as the skin may be better supplied with blood and thus softer. It is worth a try.

My husband has about half of the indications listed, so for him such a blanket would really be an asset I think.
Thank you very much for your answer, it helped me a lot. :hug2:
I find it always nicer to hear from someone who already has experience with the product and not just the advertising pages of the manufacturers. They can promise a lot. ;-)

You're most welcome. And hey, if you get two blankets, then you and your husband can cuddle up side by side and wait out the ice age in warmth and style!

On Monday, the delivery of my Higher Dose Infrared Blanket finally arrived. Unfortunately, I only managed to try it out today and I have to say, I really really hope that there will still be power in the ice age. :love:

It is wonderful to lie so comfortably wrapped and relax. There is unfortunately no degree indication in the Higher can, but only 9 different levels. I opted for level 5, because I just like the number. It was completely enough. The control is set so that it goes off by itself after 60 min. 10 min lasts the preheating time and then I got in. At first I only felt the pleasant heat and felt after half the time I began to sweat, at the same time my heartbeat has increased a little. About the same as in a classic sauna.

I couldn't stand it anymore after about 55 minutes and ended the session. My jogging suit was really wet sweat. My body still vibrated a bit like very lightly for some time and I had a very perfused skin all over my body.

Overall it was a very good feeling. After the shower I felt like I had been at the gym.
Thank you for this suggestion, since you can not visit a sauna at the moment, this is a great alternative. And all the other benefits discussed in this thread. :love:I can only recommend it. Thumbs up :thup:

Back
Top Bottom