Migun, Far Infrared, and Negative Ion Therapy

Re: what is the best place to buy a FIR Sauna ?

Finduilas495 said:
Gawan said:
Fwiw the price is about 576 Euros with discount and eventually plus shipping costs (about 40Euros), that's the offer I got two months back, but still too much for me, unfortunately.

When money is an issue, there is another seller in the netherlands (in German) _http://infrarooddeken.nl/de/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=54&Itemid=60&lang=de where a blanket is about 285 €. I may consider ordering one of theirs until I get some more information about the blankets.

I've ordered a blanket for my Dad and one for myself from them, but haven't tested it yet. Their service was pretty good, I sent the payment via bank transfer and the blanket arrived only a few days later - it didn't even take a week.

Okay thanks, that sounds good.

And I got a response on my questions: they let the blankets produce in China, but with their standards and the blankets are CE certified.

Pashalis said:
Trevrizent said:
You may like to look at the following website:

_http://www.get-fitt.com/

Talk to them about what you want for your mother - what she is experiencing, they are extremely helpful, both pre-buying and whilst you start using the FIR sauna blanket - they offer a start-up consultancy service. Not sure if it's still applicable, if you mention that you are part of Laura's research group (he visited Laura to talk about the blankets a couple of years ago) you may get a discount on the full price.

This may help or not.

thank you Trevrizent.
I'll contact them.

I've contacted them on Sunday through the "contact us" page but haven't recieved any answer ?

I know that they were out of office last week, they probably just have a lot to catch up with.

I just got an E Mail from them.

I would just like to thank Laura and the team for the hefty discount I just recieved purchasing the Far Infared Cocoon, I'm looking into this air ironizer as well, intriging to say the least!

I will be paying for it next week and cant wait till it gets here!!!! Are there any other places I can name drop and get discounts like this? Excellent!!! :P

Thanks again everyone.

Brent.

Re: FIR Sauna - Carbon Fiber vs. Ceramic Heaters

I recently read something about EMF and FAR infrared saunas. When I purchased mine, the info on it that I read said they do something (forget the exact terminology) to shield/lower the EMF levels. I never gave it a thought after that. Yesterday I was researching adrenal fatigue and it led to infrared saunas and some comments that:

What are the Contra-indications for Infrared Saunas?

It is considered inadvisable to raise the core temperature in someone with adrenal suppression and systemic lupus erythematosus or multiple sclerosis, by some authorities.

Also, I was reading about how near infrared saunas (had never heard of them) are good for adrenal fatigue-ish symptoms. So I started looking at that info and there's where I started reading about the difference being near infrared does not emit any "damaging" EMFs. Basically, near infrared saunas are build the same (wooden box) but they have a couple of the regular-looking infrared heat lamps mounted on one wall and a bench on the other and you sit in front of them.

One manufacturer has this on their info page:

What about EMF? Electromagnetic Field and Infrared Saunas

Infrared waves are part of the electromagnetic spectrum produced by the sun or any significant method of burning or other production method (such as electrical power). Infrared waves are on the low end of the spectrum where the wavelengths are long and less intense. Infrared waves are just below those of visible light. They are “gentle” waves that give off heat. Electromagnetic waves that are dangerous to humans, plants, and animals are those in the upper end of the spectrum, such as ultraviolet, x-rays, and microwaves. The wavelength is closer or tighter and more intense. Any of these wavelengths in moderation are generally safe to humans, plants, and animals; it is with prolonged exposure that damage occurs. Electromagnetic fields in areas of high frequency and intensity (such as around high voltage power lines) are dangerous. Infrared Saunas produce only the gentle long waves of the electromagnetic spectrum. They do not produce EMFs in any significant amount. You would receive more EMFs to your body from watching television or by using your microwave than you would ever receive from your Infrared Sauna.

How much EMF do pure carbon sauna heaters emit?
Pure carbon heaters emit at about 20-30 mG on contact and decrease significantly as you move away from the surface.

What does Evolution Health Saunas do to reduce EMF?
The easiest way to shield EMF is to cover electricity flow with metal. Evolution Health saunas uses steel conduits around its wiring within the walls of our saunas. On the carbon heaters themselves, however, a metal covering would also block the infrared waves. Because Evolution Health saunas emit an insignificant level of EMF, they are left uncovered for maximum far infrared output

How do Evolution Health Saunas compare to other common appliances?
Evolution Health Saunas EMFs are at the very low end of common electrical appliances At 1” away, a pure carbon heater measures around 15-20 mG. It drops down even further at two inches away.

Here is a summary of devices in your home that have high levels of EMFs even when you are several feet away:

Computers
The Swedish safety standard, effective 711/90, specifies a maximum of 0.25 mG at 50 cm from the display. Many US manufactured computers have EMFs of 5 - 100 mG at this distance.

Electric Clocks
Electric clocks have a very high magnetic field, as much as 5 to 10 mG up to three feet away. If you are using a bedside clock, you are probably sleeping in an EMF equivalent to that of a powerlines, it is wise to place all clocks and other electrical devices (such as telephones and answering devices) at least 6 feet from your bed.

Fluorescent Lights
Fluorescent lights produce much more EMFs than incandescent bulbs. A typical fluorescent lamp of a office ceiling have readings of 160 to 200 mg 1 inch away.

Microwave Ovens and Radar
Microwave ovens and radar from military installations and airports emit two types of radiation -- microwave and ELF. Microwaves are measured in milliwatt per centimeter squared (mW/cm2) As of 1/1/93, the U.S. safety limit for microwave exposure is 1 mW/cm2, down from a previous 10 mW/cm2. The Russian safety limit is .01 mW/cm2. All microwave ovens leak and exceed the Russian safety limit. In addition, recent Russian studies have shown that normal microwave cooking coverts food protein molecules into carcinogenic substances.

Telephones and Answering Machines
Telephones can emit surprisingly strong EMFs, especially from the handset. This is a problem because we hold the telephone so close to our head.

Some brands emit no measurable fields and others emit strong fields that travel several inches....right into your brain. Answering machines, particular those with adapter plugs (mini-transformers), give off high levels of EMFs.

Electric Razors and Hair Dryers
Electric razors and hair dryers emit EMFs as high as 200 to 400 mG.

So last night before I climbed into my box, I got out my trusty "Ghost Hunters" EMF detector and to my horror, it read anythere from 15-23 mG. It did drop off when you got a little farther away from the heaters, but sitting on the bench, I'm leaning right on them. It kind of creeped me out during my half-hour sauna session. :shock:

So now I'm wondering if I'm doing myself more harm than good? Has anybody with the "box-type" sauna (I don't know what EMF levels the blankets emit) had any kind of negative experiences?

I sit in a wi-fi enabled building all day at work, (one of the antennas is built into the ceiling right above my head) in front of a computer monitor, with a cell phone about three feet from me, so maybe an extra half-hour dose of it really doesn't add that much.... :huh:

Mrs. Peel said:
So last night before I climbed into my box, I got out my trusty "Ghost Hunters" EMF detector and to my horror, it read anythere from 15-23 mG. It did drop off when you got a little farther away from the heaters, but sitting on the bench, I'm leaning right on them. It kind of creeped me out during my half-hour sauna session. :shock:

So now I'm wondering if I'm doing myself more harm than good? Has anybody with the "box-type" sauna (I don't know what EMF levels the blankets emit) had any kind of negative experiences?

I sit in a wi-fi enabled building all day at work, (one of the antennas is built into the ceiling right above my head) in front of a computer monitor, with a cell phone about three feet from me, so maybe an extra half-hour dose of it really doesn't add that much.... :huh:

The current standards for max long term exposure (ambient) call for no more than 2 mG - attempts are being made by various groups to lower it still (1mG or less). This is for AC magnetic fields and metal/iron will not shield them. The primary risk is to children (leukemia and other cancers) but the limits are for everyone. The dose is cumulative so if you are free from exposure for 23 hrs, then you could take 1 more hour at 48 mG. Personally I would prefer to limit all exposure to no more than 2 mG (almost impossible - check your stove) since it is possible that non-linear damage might occur at higher field strengths, but I think you are quite safe with sauna session at those levels so long as you do not have chronic exposure throughout the rest of the day. This is why it is important not to sleep near transformers, clocks, etc - for 8 hours you expose yourself to high AC mag fields. Use your meter around where your head is in bed to verify a low or no reading. If wiring is not to code, a whole room or floor can light up the meter. There are numerous cases where this has produced leukemia in children (usually infants that are exposed for long periods).

I think your biggest threat is the WiFi above your desk since you spend so much time there. Evidence is piling up from animal studies that show very negative health effects when the exposure is chronic. It might be good to find out what power level that WiFi is transmitting - but better yet get your desk moved! You can always claim EMF sensitivity if you get some push-back on moving your desk or moving the WiFi. More and more cases of EMF sensitivity are showing up so I think that we may have a situation like the celiac tip of the gluten iceberg. When you add up the WiFi, cell phones, DECT cordless, AC mag fields, and dirty power - the analogy might be a person getting all kinds of gluten/lectins from all kinds of food in her diet. FWIW

LQB said:
I think your biggest threat is the WiFi above your desk since you spend so much time there. Evidence is piling up from animal studies that show very negative health effects when the exposure is chronic. It might be good to find out what power level that WiFi is transmitting - but better yet get your desk moved! You can always claim EMF sensitivity if you get some push-back on moving your desk or moving the WiFi. More and more cases of EMF sensitivity are showing up so I think that we may have a situation like the celiac tip of the gluten iceberg. When you add up the WiFi, cell phones, DECT cordless, AC mag fields, and dirty power - the analogy might be a person getting all kinds of gluten/lectins from all kinds of food in her diet. FWIW

Thanks for your reply. The wifi thingy is right above my desk but it's a few yards off to the side. Problem is, I sit in a cubical that is all build in. There isn't anywhere else to move to, unfortunately as the cubes are stationary. There are three of them, I sit on one end, the middle is empty, and my coworker sits on the other end. Moving to the one in the middle is only a couple yards away and probably wouldn't matter much, I can take my meter in and see.

Mrs. Peel said:
LQB said:

Thanks for your reply. The wifi thingy is right above my desk but it's a few yards off to the side. Problem is, I sit in a cubical that is all build in. There isn't anywhere else to move to, unfortunately as the cubes are stationary. There are three of them, I sit on one end, the middle is empty, and my coworker sits on the other end. Moving to the one in the middle is only a couple yards away and probably wouldn't matter much, I can take my meter in and see.

Yes, use the meter if it will cover the freq of transmission - it should go up significantly as you approach the transmitting antenna. And while you're at it just check the AC mag fields around where you sit.

If the WiFi signal is high (which I bet it is), changing cubes to one further away will help since the power density goes down by the square of the distance away. The ideal solution is to get your employer to convert to hardwired ethernet/routers (not a big expense and easy to do in cubed space).

LQB said:
If the WiFi signal is high (which I bet it is), changing cubes to one further away will help since the power density goes down by the square of the distance away. The ideal solution is to get your employer to convert to hardwired ethernet/routers (not a big expense and easy to do in cubed space).

That will never happen. This is a new building, four floors, hundreds of people, all the mod cons, one big network that encompasses remote locations in several states. The wi-fi is used by visitors, phones, equipment in conference rooms, and a bunch of other what-nots I don't even understand. ;)

Mrs. Peel said:
LQB said:

That will never happen. This is a new building, four floors, hundreds of people, all the mod cons, one big network that encompasses remote locations in several states. The wi-fi is used by visitors, phones, equipment in conference rooms, and a bunch of other what-nots I don't even understand. ;)

Bummer :cry: Maybe the only thing left is to scout out an empty cube or lay claim to one when someone leaves.

I bought a FIR blanket from Get Fitt last April and paid 700 euros, including one month's support (with discount) and shipping costs. So prices are going up.

The support is great BTW. Mark and his co-workers are so helpful. One month of support costs 37.50 pounds (for forum and SOTT members). Normally, it costs 75 pounds.

They truly offer great service. I am so glad I found them through this forum.

I have just sent an email to the above mentioned site for more information about the FIR sauna blanket, which I guess is the cocoon system.

My question is, whether paying for monthly support and advice is needed or is that just part of the initial purchase?

Aeneas said:
I have just sent an email to the above mentioned site for more information about the FIR sauna blanket, which I guess is the cocoon system.

My question is, whether paying for monthly support and advice is needed or is that just part of the initial purchase?

My apologies, Aeneas, I do not always check the threads I have contributed to.

No, monthly support is not needed. You get some advice and information when you purchase the blanket. Support might be beneficial if you have some health issues, but lots of these issues have been covered here on the forum I would think.
Have you listened to the SOTT podcast which can be found on the site get fitt? They talk about serious beginner's mistakes, like jumping under the blanket for an hour at 60 degrees Celsius (and experience severe detoxification symptoms).

Thanks Mariama for answering.

As it is I went ahead and ordered one the next day and have not regretted it at all. The people at Getfitt gave me 14 days free support and they were very helpful and caring.

The FIR sauna is great and has up to now been been very relaxing. Doing the POTS at the same time puts me into a zoned-out state, very close to sleep. Only regret is not having done it earlier, but better now than never.

I didn't listen to the Podcast but read this thread instead.

:thup:

Mariama said:
Aeneas said:

My apologies, Aeneas, I do not always check the threads I have contributed to.

No, monthly support is not needed. You get some advice and information when you purchase the blanket. Support might be beneficial if you have some health issues, but lots of these issues have been covered here on the forum I would think.
Have you listened to the SOTT podcast which can be found on the site get fitt? They talk about serious beginner's mistakes, like jumping under the blanket for an hour at 60 degrees Celsius (and experience severe detoxification symptoms).

Back
Top Bottom