mIRC channel(join if you like)

Bo

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
I have made a chat channel , just for chatting, just friendly chat with each other.

spammers, rude people etc will get kicked or banned of course.

if you don't have mIRC, you can download it here: hXXp://www.mirc.com/

discription : xxxxxxxxxxxx
IRC server : xxxxxxxxxxxx
Ports : xxxxxxxxxx
Group: : xxxxxxxxxx

/Join #SOTTchatroom

Adam said:
I have made a chat channel , just for chatting, just friendly chat with each other.

[...]

/Join #SOTTchatroom
There is nothing wrong with making an mIRC channel for friendly chat, but it shouldn't have anything to do with SOTT. The whole reason we created this forum was for people to share and discuss SOTT-related material in an environment that is as free from noise as possible. If people are looking "just for chatting" or socializing, there are a million different places they can go to already, like MySpace.

So, everyone, please do not associate this kind of thing with SOTT. If you have an idea for a project that could potentially be SOTT-related, send an e-mail to us.

Thanks!

Scott said:
Adam said:

[...]

/Join #SOTTchatroom
There is nothing wrong with making an mIRC channel for friendly chat, but it shouldn't have anything to do with SOTT. The whole reason we created this forum was for people to share and discuss SOTT-related material in an environment that is as free from noise as possible. If people are looking "just for chatting" or socializing, there are a million different places they can go to already, like MySpace.

So, everyone, please do not associate this kind of thing with SOTT. If you have an idea for a project that could potentially be SOTT-related, send an e-mail to us.

Thanks!
woops , ok thanks, I called it ''SOTT'' because it's more fun to chat with people that are a bit on the same level of thinking, but I have deleted the channel , I will mail an idea then. :)

I think that a chat where the non-deviant members of this forum are involved would be fun. But imagining that seems to be wishful thinking. Who is to prevent a boatload of deviants from saturating the chat impersonating members of this forum, trying to manipulate people, etc? Not everyone on this forum is an expert at stopping and dealing with manipulation, so an environment like that is just what the deviants want. On IRC you can message anyone privately without the chatroom hosts knowing anything, but even in the chatroom itself, it can easily get out of control, it can be subtle yet effective (though a lot of it will be anything but subtle). And I'm sure you nor anyone here would want someone in that chat acting like they are you, and fooling people, and then making them think that the real you is a sicko/deviant/manipulator etc, creating chaos and confusion that carries over to this forum, etc? I think the point is that given the nature of this work and website, it would provide all the agents/psychopaths stalking this forum a perfect opportunity to interact with the members without these pesky moderators/admins (who have been dealing with deviants for a while and are very good at spotting them and exposing/removing them very quickly) getting in the way.

As much as the idea in theory seems fun, I don't see how it can be realistically created to eliminate the aforementioned deviants and the resulting chaos, which could end up doing very very serious damage to this website and work. I wouldn't be surprised to see some of our "old friends" like VB to be one of the people in that chat as soon as word gets around that there's a SOTT-associated chatroom (and google spreads the word pretty fast as it picks up anything inside posts on this forum). Then you have the entire communities involved in websites/forums created by psychopaths to discuss how this group is an evil cult. You'd have droves of them joining the chatroom to save us poor souls. And all that is probably just the beginning lol. Unfortunately it is that bad because this work is just that "bothersome" to certain deviants and organizations.

And some of them have remained undetected and totally active in the forum (you know about EsoQuest?) for months manipulating/deceiving various members, often privately in emails - and some members received permanent scars as a result of the power of the manipulation, and the later shock that it was not what it appeared. What some of the members act like on this forum, and how they act in other areas can be like black and white, and that's the members that you do see post actively. Not to mention all those lurkers who are just passively reading, most of whom have not even registered a name. If you think about it, you then began to get an idea of just how bad the situation is, and why a chatroom is like opening a doorway into hell and inviting us all with you. :O

ScioAgapeOmnis said:
I think that a chat where the non-deviant members of this forum are involved would be fun. But imagining that seems to be wishful thinking. Who is to prevent a boatload of deviants from saturating the chat impersonating members of this forum, trying to manipulate people, etc? Not everyone on this forum is an expert at stopping and dealing with manipulation, so an environment like that is just what the deviants want. On IRC you can message anyone privately without the chatroom hosts knowing anything, but even in the chatroom itself, it can easily get out of control, it can be subtle yet effective (though a lot of it will be anything but subtle). And I'm sure you nor anyone here would want someone in that chat acting like they are you, and fooling people, and then making them think that the real you is a sicko/deviant/manipulator etc, creating chaos and confusion that carries over to this forum, etc? I think the point is that given the nature of this work and website, it would provide all the agents/psychopaths stalking this forum a perfect opportunity to interact with the members without these pesky moderators/admins (who have been dealing with deviants for a while and are very good at spotting them and exposing/removing them very quickly) getting in the way.

As much as the idea in theory seems fun, I don't see how it can be realistically created to eliminate the aforementioned deviants and the resulting chaos, which could end up doing very very serious damage to this website and work. I wouldn't be surprised to see some of our "old friends" like VB to be one of the people in that chat as soon as word gets around that there's a SOTT-associated chatroom (and google spreads the word pretty fast as it picks up anything inside posts on this forum). Then you have the entire communities involved in websites/forums created by psychopaths to discuss how this group is an evil cult. You'd have droves of them joining the chatroom to save us poor souls. And all that is probably just the beginning lol. Unfortunately it is that bad because this work is just that "bothersome" to certain deviants and organizations.

And some of them have remained undetected and totally active in the forum (you know about EsoQuest?) for months manipulating/deceiving various members, often privately in emails - and some members received permanent scars as a result of the power of the manipulation, and the later shock that it was not what it appeared. What some of the members act like on this forum, and how they act in other areas can be like black and white, and that's the members that you do see post actively. Not to mention all those lurkers who are just passively reading, most of whom have not even registered a name. If you think about it, you then began to get an idea of just how bad the situation is, and why a chatroom is like opening a doorway into hell and inviting us all with you. :O
ye very good points, especially when you think about it, but thats the problem I didn't think about the problems it would give, because it seemed totally innocent in my eyes. (another lesson learned).
and it would be a hell indeed :P imagine the hackers, infinite spam, even if you have a password on the server.

Hmmm I have read about EsoQuest, the first few weeks when I was reading articles on this forum, people really loved Esoquest because of his way explaining things and his knowledge, and when he gained so muchhh feedback from members he felt that he was gaining power/energy in some sense, and even if he manipulated people consciously or unconsciously it has learned me at least a lot more about manipulation and how easy it is to be a target.

Adam, i do not comprehend, what might be a goal(s), or purpose(s) of such a 'friendly chat' with each other. How the Work of each of us would benefit from
such 'friendly chat'? Sharing our stories in attempt to heal inner child in ourselves that was wounded at some point of time in the past in many of us? But the open by default nature of such 'chat' would not provide a secure calm environment, osit, it would be a room full of invisible listening ears and watching eyes from all over the internet, i think; would you be willing to share your intimate story in such an environment full of uninvited and invisible strangers?
And then, there is a plethora of information on sott main page to read and study and assimilate; plethora of information here on forum;
there are sott main page archives; then sott old forum archives, then cass articles for years to read; there is also a casschat; Laura's books to read and re-read; QFS books... there are quite a few sites on the web of qfs / qfg members ... isn't it enough to keep anyone occupied with reading and studying for years?
What's for socialization, doesn't sott forum and casschat provide this environment already?
EDIT: and if it's not enough; there is a Spanish casschat and a newborn French sott forum. What a fun way of learning foreign languages that it might become!

CarpeDiem said:
Adam, i do not comprehend, what might be a goal(s), or purpose(s) of such a 'friendly chat' with each other. How the Work of each of us would benefit from
such 'friendly chat'? Sharing our stories in attempt to heal inner child in ourselves that was wounded at some point of time in the past in many of us? But the open by default nature of such 'chat' would not provide a secure calm environment, osit, it would be a room full of invisible listening ears and watching eyes from all over the internet, i think; would you be willing to share your intimate story in such an environment full of uninvited and invisible strangers?
And then, there is a plethora of information on sott main page to read and study and assimilate; plethora of information here on forum;
there are sott main page archives; then sott old forum archives, then cass articles for years to read; there is also a casschat; Laura's books to read and re-read; QFS books... there are quite a few sites on the web of qfs / qfg members ... isn't it enough to keep anyone occupied with reading and studying for years?
What's for socialization, doesn't sott forum and casschat provide this environment already?
EDIT: and if it's not enough; there is a Spanish casschat and a newborn French sott forum. What a fun way of learning foreign languages that it might become!
I think a goal would be learning to know each other a bit better, because in a chat room you chat instantly with each other, it creates a bit of a different environment , it becomes more personal , but this would perfectly work IF it were just a couple of friends that know each other , but here we are talking about a whole community which has been attacked so many times in the past and still is being attacked, so it does make sense that if one would create a chat room it would be a hell, with all the psychos and wacko's attacking the chat room.
and the sott forum does provide the same environment if one does contribute and post actively, it's more safe because of all the moderators, and for a huge community as this a chat room is as I see it now pointless.

CarpeDiem said:
Adam, i do not comprehend, what might be a goal(s), or purpose(s) of such a 'friendly chat' with each other. How the Work of each of us would benefit from such 'friendly chat'?
I guess some of us get a bit lonely from time to time, when there is really no one to talk to in our immediate surroundings. So, a possibility of short break from silence, books, study, work, would be a nice addition, don't you think CarpeDiem? Or do you want to tell me that you are doing "serious stuff" all day long, seven days a week and an idea of simple friendly chat doesn't enter your mind even for a brief moment ?

I asked you a question, CarpeDiem. Two questions, to be exact. Would you please adress them?

j0da said:
I guess some of us get a bit lonely from time to time, when there is really no one to talk to in our immediate surroundings. So, a possibility of short break from silence, books, study, work, would be a nice addition, don't you think CarpeDiem? Or do you want to tell me that you are doing "serious stuff" all day long, seven days a week and an idea of simple friendly chat doesn't enter your mind even for a brief moment ?
I don't think there are many people on the planet who have NOT felt lonely or isolated at some point in their lives. If one begins to do the Work and become involved in the many other things we do here, one should quickly realize that such feelings of loneliness are quite often just another program. You can even be physically surrounded by a bunch of colinear people and STILL feel lonely.

As you are surely aware, the forums and discussions groups we have created are set up the way they are for a number of very good reasons. At this point, there is pretty much no way that any kind of 24/7 live chat would be beneficial or possible. Thus, CarpeDiem's question is highly relevant. Loneliness is quite often self-pity, and any one person's self-pity programs - no matter who it is - are obviously far less important than the well-being of the group as a whole.

Maybe CarpeDiem feels lonely sometimes, and maybe not. Maybe CarpeDiem was just pretending not to feel lonely in the reply to you. But the real question to ask is: do YOU feel lonely sometimes, and more importantly, why?

Scott, I am not questioning the reasons why such live chat shouldn't exist - I understand them very well. Also, as far as I am aware - I do not feel lonely in a "self-pity" kind of way - to the contrary - I enjoy being alone very much, partly due to my narcistic wish to not be bothered. However, sometimes, I think it would be great to meet some like-minded people, spend some time together and talk about nothing particularily important, about something very important, or anything between those two.

What I was aiming at was CarpeDiem's remarks about "goal" or "purpose" of friendly chat in regard to The Work. I could ask similar question - what was the "goal" or "purpose" of watching soccer together, like SOTT team did? Or what is the "goal" of having a garden and planting the roses, like Johnno for example? I personally like in-line skating and despite many job responsibilities and a stash of books in reading I skate from time to time. How my Work benefits from such "silly" thing?

Maybe I misread CarpeDiem's post, but I understood it like he suggested to Adam that he should abandon the idea of such a "lowly occupation like simple friendly chat" and do some "real stuff". It occured to me as pretty much self-important attempt to "put younger member in line". I have recognized such tendencies in myself, so maybe it is my projection - I hope we can sort this out.

Joda said:
I asked you a question, CarpeDiem. Two questions, to be exact. Would you please adress them?
and what difference to YOU, to your work, to your progress would make if i answer your quite private question about my thoughts on my internal makeup, feelings to work enough; not work at all or anywhere in the continuum; what difference to YOU would make if i will answer on your rather private second question wether i do or do not feel lonely sometimes and whether i feel a need to socialize?
Maybe I will have no problems answering your private questions, if i will see that my answering you would be necessitated by a valid reason.
These questions, JOda, i consider private, and relate to them as such.

It seems that Joda pushed you on those questions CarpeDiem because you came across so strongly with Adam, in what was rather a 'set him straight' way. I don't get the impression that you meant it that way, but just that you were saying, "with everything there is to do and to read here, how would it benefit anyone to 'chat'?"

This question certainly has merit, as does the fact that we are all human beings and as such, we all need a constructive break now and again and human interaction can be a big part of that, certainly.

Joda's rather insistent questioning of you seems to have triggered a rather harsh reflexive response that may not be quite proportional to what is going on. Perhaps some introspection on why that is might shed some light - I don't think either of you intended to attack or tear the other down, but something certainly triggered an interesting response - in both directions. fwiw.

j0da said:
What I was aiming at was CarpeDiem's remarks about "goal" or "purpose" of friendly chat in regard to The Work. I could ask similar question - what was the "goal" or "purpose" of watching soccer together, like SOTT team did? Or what is the "goal" of having a garden and planting the roses, like Johnno for example? I personally like in-line skating and despite many job responsibilities and a stash of books in reading I skate from time to time. How my Work benefits from such "silly" thing?
Throwing the wolf a piece of meat can be very useful, as long as it isn't abused and used as a tranquilizer instead. Of course, in the case of the SOTT gang watching football/soccer, we were doing so in a safe environment, which is certainly way different than an online chat room - but I understand what you are saying.

j0da said:
Maybe I misread CarpeDiem's post, but I understood it like he suggested to Adam that he should abandon the idea of such a "lowly occupation like simple friendly chat" and do some "real stuff". It occured to me as pretty much self-important attempt to "put younger member in line". I have recognized such tendencies in myself, so maybe it is my projection - I hope we can sort this out.
I didn't take what CarpeDiem wrote in that way - although it's possible I missed something.

At this point, I'd have to say that anart's post probably hit the nail on the head.

Back
Top Bottom